• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Judge

Vault-Tec Seal of Approval
Oct 25, 2017
Oh, for some reason I thought the OG games were releasing today hah. Whoops

tim1138

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I love Jedi Academy. The mixture of using pretty robust lightsaber combat with a variety of Force powers is great. Hell, lightsaber duels in JA are intense in a way they've never replicated in any game since IMO.

Jedi Academy is the one game I wish they could reactivte online functionality for. I have many fond memories of playing saber only dueling rooms.

Springy

Oct 28, 2017
How does JA play on a controller? I played a ton of it on PC, and the lightsaber combat seemed to fit really well. I can't imagine how it works on the Xbox pad.

Gestault

Oct 26, 2017
I just enthusiastically bought Battlefront II and Republic Commando. I'm on the last level of Conker, and finished my Orta unlocks the other night. What year is it?

NSA

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Ahh I was fooled.. I thought they were today.. guess I'll have to wait a couple more days to play Mercenaries again..

Starlatine

533.489 paid youtubers cant be wrong
Oct 28, 2017
star wars games zzzzzzzzzzzzzz

rip them off instead and gimme a cheaper DAH! option darn it

Ahh I was fooled.. I thought they were today.. guess I'll have to wait a couple more days to play Mercenaries again..

just two
its either tuesdays or thursdays

oneida

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
i bought these video games for $30

6tRwuoj.gif
UCSepov.gif
YHSbhPd.gif

severianb

Banned
Nov 9, 2017
Think there's a danger of reading too much into what I put there. It wasn't really "a response" or "an argument" to anything. More of an observation.

Can only speak for myself rather than on anybody else's behalf, but Microsoft have done an excellent job recently of keeping me engaged in their platform despite a first party outlook that I'm sure we all hope improves. I think it's easy to dismiss 360 games, but for me the Backwards Compatibility stuff - especially the enhancements - has quickly become this generations jewel in the crown. My experience with Gears 2 and briefly toying around with Red Dead is genuinely a game changer for me where old game libraries are concerned, and I think MS deserve the props for it. It sounds daft in the face of God of War releasing and this forums current hype cycle around that, but I'm genuinely more excited about revisiting some of these old games than I am about any current releases. My current backlog slate starts with Gears 3 and Red Dead Redemption, and beyond that who knows.. maybe it'll be more 360 enhanced games that take my fancy rather than newer releases?

I've been tuned out of the "Day 1" hype cycle with games for a couple of years actually, and like I say can only speak for myself, but that's where I'm at. And props to Microsoft for delivering on something which I think the industry at large has needed to acknowledge for years.

Same here. These backwards compatible games are my jam right now and a FAR bigger deal to me than most new games. The fact that some of them are upgraded on my X1X is icing on the cake, as I thought a lot of them looked and played plenty good enough already.

Don't get me wrong, I still get into new games sometimes, but it's always multiplayer games. I have no problem waiting for the single player story based games and usually prefer waiting to get the "Game of the Year" collections. I've also noticed that as far as these forums go, many games (and ESPECIALLY single player games) get hyped to high heavens, then on revisiting end up not being all that. Examples are Infamous Second Son and Quantum Break. This being a massively Sony-biased site, the hype for Sony games especially is cringe worthy. I think there are 25 threads on God of War right now on the front page. Come on.

AlexFlame116

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Utah
Just created an OT for Jedi Academy. Working on Battlefront 1 and 2 as well as KOTOR 2 right now. They were going to be released last night but I got real sick and had to sleep early.

LiK

Oct 25, 2017
Kinda want original DOAX BC. The only good game in the series and the jiggle physics weren't ridiculous.

Rosur

Oct 28, 2017
Does it matter what versions of the CDs are used for BC (like selects etc)? Brought Mercenaries, Red Dead and SSX 3 by disc as they don't do MS credit for BC.

Mhj

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Wanted to give Fable a try finally on XB1X. Looks great, but why why no option for inverted vertical camera? Misplaced rant though as I know this has nothing to do with BC.

Fuhgeddit

#TeamThierry
Oct 27, 2017
Which star wars game should I really play out of all of those that have finally released on BC?

Gestault

Oct 26, 2017
Can somebody tell me what they're hyped about for Battlefront and BFII? Bot matches?

Bot matches and splitscreen/LAN are high on the list, though the "Rise of the Empire" solo campaign is a cool throwback on its own. The solo/co-op Galactic Conquest mode is really fun. Specifically since the PC version of BF2 doesn't have co-op in Galactic Conquest, this is legitimately the best way to do some of this stuff.

futurevoid

Oct 25, 2017
It's kind of strange they didn't do Jedi Outcast alongside Jedi Academy. I believe Outcast released on the Xbox as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.