• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Judge

Vault-Tec Seal of Approval
Oct 25, 2017
This thread is for all discussions regarding Xbox One digital download games, specifically news, announcements, release dates, ect

Look here for daily/weekly releases, store links, prices, impressions, and general discussion about all digital download games that are released and releasing on Xbox One!

Vert boil

Oct 27, 2017
blackpool, england
Released Tuesday,

Deer Hunter: Reloaded - 20$, 5.39GB.

Rapala Fishing: Pro Series - 20$, 1.9GB.

Slayaway Camp: The Butcher's Cut - 12.74$ (will rise to 17$), 505MB.

The Inner World - The Last Wind Monk - 30$, 3.83GB.

The Mummy Demastered - 20$, 627MB.

We Sing Pop - 30$, 6.45GB.

New DLC,

The Escapist 2
--Wicked Ward - 4$

New Pre-Orders,

99Vidas - 9$ (will rise to 10$)

Skyforge (will be F2P at launch)
--Standard Founder Pack - 15$
--Deluxe Founder Pack - 30$

Steven Universe: Save the Light - 25$

-----
Released Wednesday,

AER - 13.50$ (will rise to 15$), 1.43GB.

Nightmare Boy - 13$, 1.58GB.

New DLC,

Unit 4
--Clash of Agents - 1$

New Bundle,

Albedo and Cast Bundle - 15.50$
(Albedo: Eyes From Outer Space & Cast of the Seven Godsends - Redux.)

New Pre-Order,

911 Operator - 15$

-----
Released Thursday,

ACA NeoGeo: Mutation Nation - 8$, 200MB.

New DLC,

Infinite Minigolf
--Hangar 37 - free

-----
Released Friday,

New Bundle,

Digerati "Made in USSR" Bundle - 22$
(#KillAllZombies and DreamBreak.)

Oct 27, 2017
Las Vegas
Finally got a chance to play through The Turing Test. Great game but the ending was pretty weak in my opinion. It does a great job of building up the tension throughout the game and then it just kind of fell flat like the developers just weren't sure where to go with it. Absolutely worth a playthrough though if you're into puzzle games and it definitely gives off those Portal vibes.

Alx

Oct 27, 2017
Which one is the better kinect game, Disneyland or Pixar Rush ? I remember having a good impression of the Pïxar demo, but I don't know about the amount of content...

Oct 27, 2017
Finally got a chance to play through The Turing Test. Great game but the ending was pretty weak in my opinion. It does a great job of building up the tension throughout the game and then it just kind of fell flat like the developers just weren't sure where to go with it. Absolutely worth a playthrough though if you're into puzzle games and it definitely gives off those Portal vibes.

Which ending did you plunk for? There are several.

OP
OP
Judge

Judge

Oct 25, 2017
I let them both live. Watched the others on YouTube though and they didn't seem particularly different.

Don't get me wrong though, I didn't hate the ending. It just felt like it didn't live up to the suspense and build up.
I agree the ending was a little meh. Still a really nice puzzle game though

Oynox

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Oh great, vert boil is here too. That is fantastic. Just missing the Xbox Live Deals thread now, I guess. Or we post them here too.

Anyways, The Elder Scrolls Online offers a free weekend, does it include Morrowind as well?

Montresor

Oct 27, 2017
Some games I've played recently:

Candleman's DLC: Lost Light: 4.5/5. I really enjoyed the base Candleman game, and gave it a 4/5 when I played it originally. The developer released free DLC (with some achievements too) that added three chapters to the game and finalized the main character's story arc. The DLC chapter was fantastic. A lot of clever puzzles that took advantage of the game's unique concept. I haven't played another puzzle game like this one. I really enjoyed the bittersweet/light-hearted narrative touches the DLC added, and the unique puzzle / game play gimmicks in each chapter. I've bumped up the whole game to a 4.5/5 because of how much I liked the DLC.

AER - Memories of Old: 4.5/5. Absolutely beautiful and gorgeous game. This game felt to me like a flying / sky version of Abzu. You play as a young woman named Auk whose tasked with going on a pilgrimage - she needs to visit several temples/shrines and find out about why the world is in such disarray and find out what happened to the gods of old. This game is one half exploration game (involving flying as Auk through vast skies and landing on small floating islands scattered throughout the world) and one half dungeon puzzler (some islands have barebones dungeons with pretty basic puzzles - nothing on the level of Zelda but still nice to experience). The game has an amazing soundtrack, a wonderful art style, and a subdued but surprisingly dark story. Really enjoyed this game for what it was - a charming, beautiful little puzzle/exploration game where for half the game (maybe more than half) you explored in the sky and for the other half you explored ambient / immersive dungeons (very simplistic dungeons, mind you).

Toby: The Secret Mine: 2/5. This game is a Limbo clone and not a very good one. I felt like a game like Monochroma (while also mediocre itself) offered a lot more in terms of game play, story, and art style. This game was really short (probably less than 2 hours?) and the majority of the game play was a bunch of unfun trial-and-error puzzles. I know people throw that term around to criticize Limbo and INSIDE but I've never felt annoyed by the puzzles in those games before. Toby The Secret Mine's puzzles were never satisfying or clever or fun to me - I basically slogged through a really easy 1-2 hour sidescrolling platformer which didn't offer much enjoyment. The one quality I liked about the game is its superb backgrounds, but I wouldn't go as far as saying the art style is great - sure some set pieces (especially the snowy and rainy levels) looked beautiful, but most of the foreground was bland/ugly and the character designs for both the enemies, the main characters, and his allies were really unappealing.

Looking forward to Scorpio and the next two months:

Right now I'm playing Thimbleweed Park. Really really enjoying it but it's so close to the Scorpio release date. I really want to get the 1000/1000 in the game quick before my Scorpio ships. For all of November I plan on exclusively playing these three games:

Assassin's Creed Origins (I've had it since last Friday - don't plan on installing it until Scorpio is here)
Super Lucky's Tale (my friend is getting it for me as a gift)
Cuphead (had it since launch but I got sidetracked by some other indie games)

And in December I plan on playing a bunch of older indie puzzle games that I bought but had performance so poor that I wanted to wait for Scorpio performance. Can't wait to try them out eventually.

RiME
>observer
The Town of Light
Dreamfall Chapters
The Inner World The Last Wind Monk

Also excited to play these Telltale-style games. Seems like I might get insanely lucky and have them all release their final episodes AND get season pass discounts by Christmas time:

Minecraft Season 2
Batman Season 2
Guardians of the Galaxy
Life Is Strange prequel

OP
OP
Judge

Judge

Oct 25, 2017
Toby: The Secret Mine: 2/5. This game is a Limbo clone and not a very good one. I felt like a game like Monochroma (while also mediocre itself) offered a lot more in terms of game play, story, and art style. This game was really short (probably less than 2 hours?) and the majority of the game play was a bunch of unfun trial-and-error puzzles. I know people throw that term around to criticize Limbo and INSIDE but I've never felt annoyed by the puzzles in those games before. Toby The Secret Mine's puzzles were never satisfying or clever or fun to me - I basically slogged through a really easy 1-2 hour sidescrolling platformer which didn't offer much enjoyment. The one quality I liked about the game is its superb backgrounds, but I wouldn't go as far as saying the art style is great - sure some set pieces (especially the snowy and rainy levels) looked beautiful, but most of the foreground was bland/ugly and the character designs for both the enemies, the main characters, and his allies were really unappealing.
I've been super disappointed in Monochroma so far, so if Toby is worse then I'm glad I skipped at $5...its been tempting me all week

Vert boil

Oct 27, 2017
blackpool, england
Last edited:
OP
OP
Judge

Judge

Oct 25, 2017
Was able to download the World of tanks content even though I've played before

Montresor

Oct 27, 2017
I can't remember if we used this thread in the old forum to talk about AAA / retail games.

But I got my X last night and started playing AC Origins. That game is amazing in so many ways. The visuals are off-the-charts beautiful. And the game seems so massive and fun.

Daigoro

Oct 28, 2017
holy shit @ that Road Rage game. just go to the store page and look at that first clip there by Wicked K. lol

i feel really bad for anyone who paid $30 for that crap.

edit: ive watched it 4 times now and i laugh just as hard every time. so fucking bad!

Achtung

Oct 25, 2017
holy shit @ that Road Rage game. just go to the store page and look at that first clip there by Wicked K. lol

i feel really bad for anyone who paid $30 for that crap.

edit: ive watched it 4 times now and i laugh just as hard every time. so fucking bad!

I bought it thinking it was road redemption. I however did buy it physically so gonna sell it. Horrible... Horrible game.

zorbsie

Oct 25, 2017
VERT! So glad to see you over here. This was the one thread that I missed from the other site.

Montresor

Oct 27, 2017
Can they pause game releases for a bit? -_-

Soma and Hat In Time came out and I don't expect I'll have time for them until maybe next year

Vert boil

Oct 27, 2017
blackpool, england
Last edited: