• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Smokey

Oct 25, 2017
These are my professionally calibrated settings on a 65C6. Should at least give you a starting point.
I do not use game mode, but leave the console in the calibrated HDR Standard.

ISF Light
Customise
OLED Light 60
Contrast 80
Brightness 50
H Sharpness 0
V Sharpness 0
Color 50
Tint 0
Expert Controls
Dynamic Contrast Off
Super Resolution Off
Color Gamut Normal
Edge Enhancer Off
Color Filter Off
Gamma 2.2
White Balance
Color Temperature Warm2
Method 2 Points
Pattern Outer
Point High R-1 G0 B-2
Point Low R0 G0 B0
Color Management System
Red S0 T0 L-4
Green S0 T0 L1
Blue S0 T0 L0
Cyan S0 T0 L1
Magenta S0 T-2 L-2
Yellow S0 T1 L0
Picture Options
Noise Reduction Off
MPEG Noise Reduction Off
Black Level Low
(Real Cinema On)
Motion Eye Care Off
TruMotion Off

ISF Dark
Customise
OLED Light 40
Contrast 80
Brightness 50
H Sharpness 0
V Sharpness 0
Color 50
Tint 0
Expert Controls
Dynamic Contrast Off
Super Resolution Off
Color Gamut Normal
Edge Enhancer Off
Color Filter Off
Gamma 2.4
White Balance
Color Temperature Warm2
Method 2 Points
Pattern Outer
Point High R4 G0 B0
Point Low R0 G0 B0
Color Management System
Red S-2 T0 L-2
Green S0 T0 L2
Blue S0 T0 L2
Cyan S0 T-2 L2
Magenta S0 T-2 L-1
Yellow S0 T3 L1
Picture Options
Noise Reduction Off
MPEG Noise Reduction Off
Black Level Low
(Real Cinema On)
Motion Eye Care Off
TruMotion Off

HDR
(don't forget to go to: General --> HDMI Ultra HD Deep Color; On)
Picture Mode Settings HDR Standard User
Customise
OLED Light 100
Contrast 100
Brightness 50
Sharpness 0
Color 50
Tint 0
Expert Controls
Dynamic Contrast Off
Super Resolution Off
Color Gamut Wide
Edge Enhancer Off
Color Filter Off
Gamma 2.2
White Balance don't change
Color Management System don't change
Picture Options
Noise Reduction Off
MPEG Noise Reduction Off
Black Level Low
(Real Cinema On)
Motion Eye Care Off
TruMotion Off

You're able to deal with the input lag outside of HDR Game Mode?

vatstep

Oct 25, 2017
I really hope the Blu-ray app fix for the washed out blacks when watching UHDs comes quick. I heard people in the beta program got it already.

EJS

The Fallen
The Fallen
Oct 31, 2017
The Insects app was really awesome. I forgot the UI renders in 1080p so I was a little nervous but when I tried the Insects app, I was quite pleased. Normally, I wouldn't have any idea how to differentiate displays but the jump from 1080 to 4K was really noticeable.

Ebenezer

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I guess it still is 30fps right?
I mean yeah probably. I'm not digital foundry or anything but it was noticably smoother than base Xbox one gameplay, so I'd guess locked 30fps. I only played through the hospital in the beginning up through the first chapter out in the woods. That verrrrrry first scene out in front of the hospital used he be very taxing, it's not now.

Tommyguns

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Just curious...When was everyones console manufactured? It's on the ack side of the console on a sticker. Mine was manufactured on August 25th. Anyone's as old as this? Any reason I should worry about it?

OneBadMutha

Nov 2, 2017
Enjoying my X but not for the reasons others are raving about it. My eyes must suck with my old age. Been mostly playing on a average at best 4K monitor. My plan has been to get a good 4K HDR TV this Black Friday to compliment my X but I may hold off unless there are unexpected amazing deals. For me, performance mode is the way to go when the option is there. That means choosing less pixels and improving everything else.

If I pause the game and try to take it in, I can notice the clarity difference on the 4K monitor. While playing I don't feel a whole lot different or have a wow factor looking at the visuals for Halo 5, Gears or Hitman.

But I'm extremely happy with the X purchase. The 60fps in Gears and not having frame rate issues in Forge maps on Halo matters. Knowing that I can go back and play through the Dark Souls games at better frame rates is big. I want to reboot Witcher 3 with the smooth frame rate. The crisp UI makes a difference.

Anyone else feel like this. Not blown away by the visual difference yet happy with the system?

xlestattx

Oct 30, 2017
Yeah the new one is fine man. What an awesome looking and feeling controller. Do you have some tips for me for this thing? I already gave the Halo 5 campaign profile a shot but are there more profiles to be found online or are the ones in the app the only ones? But any general tips you may have are always appreciated. I'm not incredibly good at online shooters but maybe this controller can help ever so slightly with that, haha. In the app for the controller it says it provides the best accuracy you can imagine etc, so is it actually more accurate and better in those regards than the standard controller?
The controller wont make you a pro, but it can definitely give you the edge in an otherwise evenly-matched fight. My tips:

1. If you dont already play Bumper Jumper, force yourself to use it. Finish the campaign using Bump Jump and you'll be used to it. Assign left shoulder to jump, right shoulder to grenade, LT to aim, RT to fire.

2. Only use two paddles at first (or permanently even). Four paddles is great and all but you can get 90% of the benefit from two. Assuming the above control setup, use your paddles for sprint and 'thrust dash' or whatever it is called.

With this bumper jumper + two paddles setup, you will literally only ever have to take your thumb off the right stick to switch weapons, and switching weapons is a time when you typically arent needing to aim. This will allow you to run/sprint/jump/thrust all at once while still aiming with your right thumb, meaning you can out maneuver/outgun someone in a 1v1 much easier if they arent using an Elite. It can DEFI ITELY make the difference in an encounter.

Last edited:

Somnia

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
As my finger hovers over a "buy" button, any X owners tried Elite Dangerous yet? I appreciate its probably not got a specific patch but anyone notice any appreciable benefit? Big TV, controller and chatpad was a great way to play but some of the load times were distracting.

Elite got patched, it has some really nice options actually.

We've also added two new options: Performance and Quality options, and 1080p and 4k options. This second option will allow you to change the resolution the game renders to, which is an in-game setting that is completely independent from the settings within the Xbox One X itself. If the console's settings are different, the output will be upscaled or downscaled.

To achieve the highest frame rate, you could choose Performance and 1080p. Alternatively you can choose higher quality graphics by using the Quality setting, at the cost of some performance. In short, you can pick what best suits you!

Oct 27, 2017
I mean yeah probably. I'm not digital foundry or anything but it was noticably smoother than base Xbox one gameplay, so I'd guess locked 30fps. I only played through the hospital in the beginning up through the first chapter out in the woods. That verrrrrry first scene out in front of the hospital used he be very taxing, it's not now.

I see. A local retailer has a copy for cheap, might as well pick it up. Thanks for the info!

brandonh83

Oct 25, 2017
For those with the Sony X900e, how is your experience with the Xbox X?

Seems great to me so far, I just got mine about a month ago but I'm liking HDR in particular. I've toggled it on and off during games and even my gf who didn't care about getting a 4KTV and rolled her eyes when I'd try to explain or convince her about HDR would be like "ew turn it back on" lol

I still need to calibrate the thing though.

Proteus

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
I really hope the Blu-ray app fix for the washed out blacks when watching UHDs comes quick. I heard people in the beta program got it already.
I tested this yesterday and my colours are fine. I haven't setup my One X for the beta program. Curious what is going on with this issue as well since it does seem to be software related.

XrossExam

Nov 1, 2017
I already have a PS4 Pro, but the X is super tempting. My only real motivating factor is playing Ninja Gaiden Black in 4K which is hilarious that I'm even considering buying a $500 box just to play that again in that resolution. It just looks so stunning.

Raide

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Welcome all the new Scorpio/1X owners in this thread! For all those on the fence... Jump in! Shocking to see a positive Xbox community for once haha.

Jarrod38

Oct 25, 2017
Even though I'm still on the OG Xbox One can I still download the 4k patches for WW2? I have that little box checked for 4k patches but the size for WW2 is like 54GB.

J.R. Ewing

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
Yoknapatawpha
I have such a spending problem when it comes to gaming stuff. I thought...it's not just a gaming problem, but an obvious psychological tick I need to work out. It just so happens right now it applies to the Xbox One X...

I want to an Xbox One X and it's consuming my mental faculties, where I'm not really thinking about anything else. I have no extra money to go out and buy one, so I keep looking at pretty much my entire library wondering if selling all my physical PS4 and Switch games would be enough to get me one. I own a lot of games digitally, so I wouldn't be without anything, but it still seems ridiculous that I keep considering going this far to get one. Many of these games I haven't gotten around to playing yet. The X is so damn expensive, I don't even know if selling everything would get me one.

Do what I do, cut elsewhere. Buy a huge carton of eggs for cheap and eat omelettes every day. Buy cheap beer like when you're in college, it sucks but you get used to it.

EvilBoris

Prophet of Truth - HDTVtest
Verified
Oct 29, 2017
I wonder if I will get used to the Xbox UI, I'm shocked at how much it makes games seem like an afterthought.

Does Red Dead Redemption enjoy any benefits on the One X?

I'm sure you will, it's pretty much the same as trying to switch from IOS to Android when you are only used to one OS.
I find the PS4 confusing.

Lamptramp

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Welcome all the new Scorpio/1X owners in this thread! For all those on the fence... Jump in! Shocking to see a positive Xbox community for once haha.

I try to keep my Xbox negativity to myself, what there has been has always come from disappointment rather than malice though :)

Its been easy to get caught up in the excitement of this though, much more than for PS4pro. MS have made the effort in the tech and support.

DirtyLarry

Oct 27, 2017
Noticed I was getting dropped after every match in SW Battlefront, checked my Network connection and saw my NAT was Strict and it was then I was immediately reminded I have historically assigned a Static IP to all of my consoles in the past and manually set the required forwarded ports needed.

Just spent the 6 or so minutes doing that and my NAT is now back to Open. Praise be.

So my question is I noticed this new ability to assign a Port, it is one of the ports I historically have opened on my router, so do I need to do anything else there or should I just leave it as is? I am inclined to do the latter since I am now Open, but I always like to learn about this stuff when I can.

sangreal

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Just curious...When was everyones console manufactured? It's on the ack side of the console on a sticker. Mine was manufactured on August 25th. Anyone's as old as this? Any reason I should worry about it?

September 7 for me

Somewhat surprised they were done that far back. My Launch 360 was manufactured in November 2005, same month as launch

Shocchiz

Nov 7, 2017
I'd like to expose how bad HDR situation is on pc.
Like real real bad. Like "it's totally broken" bad.
And nobody cares.

Thank God the X is out, I can finally play Forza 7.

DISCLAIMER: You can't take HDR picture with standard equipement and see them on standard screen, it's just to show the dramatic differences.

Xbox One X vs 1080ti - Samsung KS8000 - Ipad Air camera
Webp.net-gifmaker.gif

Webp.net-gifmaker_1.gif

sebco

Oct 27, 2017
I'd like to expose how bad HDR situation is on pc.
Like real real bad. Like "it's totally broken" bad.
And nobody cares.

Thank God the X is out, I can finally play Forza 7.

DISCLAIMER: You can't take HDR picture with standard equipement and see them on standard screen, it's just to show the dramatic differences.

Xbox One X vs 1080ti - Samsung KS8000 - Ipad Air camera
Webp.net-gifmaker.gif

Webp.net-gifmaker_1.gif

I'm running my X1X on a KS8000 as well, haven't had much time to fidget with the settings yet. Have you run into any quirks with HDR?

*Edit - I forgot to mention that it's super annoying that Samsung got rid of the "HDR video is playing" notification. :(

Shocchiz

Nov 7, 2017
I'm running my X1X on a KS8000 as well, haven't had much time to fidget with the settings yet. Have you run into any quirks with HDR?

*Edit - I forgot to mention that it's super annoying that Samsung got rid of the "HDR video is playing" notification. :(
Don't worry, no quirks at all.
When you ger used hdr you will notice sdr immediately, no need for a notification, give it time.

Hawk269

Oct 26, 2017
Anyone try or have feed back on Golf Club 2? I know it is not patched but wondering how it runs on the X?

Deleted member 16025

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I played some Gears 4 Horde last night at 60fps and man does that boost make the difference. I played a Soldier with 125% headshot damage boost equipped, so I used the Longshot sniper rifle and was sniping the best I have in my fucking LIFE. That jump to 60 made all the difference for me. So awesome!

Oct 25, 2017
Even though I'm still on the OG Xbox One can I still download the 4k patches for WW2? I have that little box checked for 4k patches but the size for WW2 is like 54GB.
Are you talking about CoD WW2 and about a full download just the patch? Because I got my X1X last night and the CoD patch was about 9 GB (I have a physical disc).