• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Nick Trovato

Oct 31, 2017
Yes remember it is a wildlife program and some stuff is shot on covert cameras - and not all of these could be top end 4K equipment. Just getting some of these shots is amazing, let alone whether they are full 4K or not.

Planet Earth II is still a visual tour-de-force that's well worth owning on UHD.

Makes sense ... I guess my OLED really exaggerates the noise ... it's tough having a LG OLED!! ;)

Swanlee

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I got an email today from Comcast notifying me that I've used over 90% of my monthly data. Pretty sure this is due to downloading so many Xbox One X games/patches.

I'm surprised that there isn't a thread about this already; fairly frustrating.

It's gonna hurt but I pay the extra money to be unlimited, Between X1X games and 4K HDR streaming from various services I've been hitting 2TB a months lately. I pay extra to comcast just to not have to worry about caps.

Swanlee

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Yes remember it is a wildlife program and some stuff is shot on covert cameras - and not all of these could be top end 4K equipment. Just getting some of these shots is amazing, let alone whether they are full 4K or not.

Planet Earth II is still a visual tour-de-force that's well worth owning on UHD.

Yea even on non 4K sourced material HDR and better bandwidth makes a big difference over regular Blu Ray.

ThiefofDreams

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Bought assassin' creed and shadows of War. So far pretty happy with it, but I have to say, the controller kinda feels like shit compared to the dualshock. I do prefer the stick layout and texture, but other than that the dpad sucks and the tension on the sticks is incredibly loose. Navigating and text input is a chore.

nekkid

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So I finally caved and got a good BF deal.

You reckon my wife will notice if I swap it for my OG Black XB1?

TheLionsDen

Oct 27, 2017
QC/NYC
Decided to pick up an X again.

I returned my Scorpio edition a bit prematurely since I wasn't noticing much difference than my OG Xbox. Picked up the TCLp607 this past week, now I'm desperate to see what enchaned games will look like on this.

Judau

Oct 28, 2017
I'll eventually get an X, but I have an older model 1080p Samsung, so I'm wondering; would I have to replace the HDMI cable going from my receiver to my TV or would I be good with simply plugging the XB1X into my receiver with the HDMI cable that it comes with? If I do replace the HDMI connecting my TV and receiver, should I replace it with the one that comes with the X? Would it even matter?

Witness

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
New York
Bought assassin' creed and shadows of War. So far pretty happy with it, but I have to say, the controller kinda feels like shit compared to the dualshock. I do prefer the stick layout and texture, but other than that the dpad sucks and the tension on the sticks is incredibly loose. Navigating and text input is a chore.

Sounds like you got a crap controller, the sticks shouldn't be loose. I have a controller that has hundreds of hours of use doesn't have loose sticks. Contact Xbox Support and they'll send you a new controller. They just sent me a new one after the controller that came with my One X had a sticky A button. I didn't have to send them the controller either, they just let me keep it and I got the new one a few days later. Just make sure you call in and they should offer this.

Terror-Billy

Chicken Chaser
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Sounds like you got a crap controller, the sticks shouldn't be loose. I have a controller that has hundreds of hours of use doesn't have loose sticks. Contact Xbox Support and they'll send you a new controller. They just sent me a new one after the controller that came with my One X had a sticky A button. I didn't have to send them the controller either, they just let me keep it and I got the new one a few days later. Just make sure you call in and they should offer this.
I don't think that's a crappy controller. There is a difference on how tension works between DS4 and the XB controller. If you are used to the DS4, it will take time to get used to it.

True story : I did the switch without telling her and she didn't notice... For her It's still the same stupid black box I use to play stupid games with my friends :)
This reminds me that it took weeks for my parents to notice. "Hey that's... A new thing? An Xbox?"

nekkid

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
True story : I did the switch without telling her and she didn't notice... For her It's still the same stupid black box I use to play stupid games with my friends :)

This guy knows what's up.

My wife (girlfriend at the time) didn't notice I'd bought a new car when I picked her up the evening after I got it.

Sony

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
No disrespect to any of you, but I can't fathom how there aren't affordable unlimited data plans available to some you. Data caps, really?

tobyish

Oct 26, 2017
My X is going to arrive next week. Can someone explain to me how the Dolby Atmos App works? I don't have an Atmos ready sound system yet, but it also works with any headphones plugged in the controller?

Also, is there a list of compatible games somewhere? I got FFXV during the recent sale to test an X enhanced game, but I'd also like to get a game that demonstrates Dolby Atmos well. :)

Petran

Oct 29, 2017
A couple of days ago I was pretty sure I would buy the X. I sold my Elite console for a ridiculous 250€ to finance the X. But now I am really considering getting a S for 150€ instead of a X for around 430€. I would still have 100€ plus from the sale which I could save or invest into games... man decisions.
A good investment for your games is to substantially up the hardware, and under this perspective a move from elite to S looks like a step back or sidestep at best.
Example, buying ac origins with the money you "saved" from not buying a scrpio,to play on old xbox seems a backwards move. Just my opinion though.

Tap In

Oct 28, 2017
Gilbert AZ
That's awesome!

I got a new TCL 605 55" a couple months ago and swapped my gaming 1080 60" for it and swapped the 60" in for an old 50" 720p and she never noticed wither changes. I thought for sure she would would notice 60" ove 50" in our living room!

She cares not. All my stuff looks the same to her. She never noticed my x swap either. The x I have told her about, the tv still have not bothered to mention

Oynox

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
A good investment for your games is to substantially up the hardware, and under this perspective a move from elite to S looks like a step back or sidestep at best.
Example, buying ac origins with the money you "saved" from not buying a scrpio,to play on old xbox seems a backwards move. Just my opinion though.
Well you are right. I decided to wait a bit more for a good offer on the X.

bcatwilly

Oct 27, 2017
Decided to pick up an X again.

I returned my Scorpio edition a bit prematurely since I wasn't noticing much difference than my OG Xbox. Picked up the TCLp607 this past week, now I'm desperate to see what enchaned games will look like on this.

I have that same TV, and you are in for a treat with how the games look on that.

Oct 28, 2017
I went from my 360 to the x, skipping the x1. How do I transfer my digital games? Some of them it did automatically when I logged in with my account but others not at all. Umvc3 is on my 360 for example but it didn't transfer. Same with Rayman Legends. Do I have to tranfer them to an external hd?

Mr Punished

Oct 27, 2017
OUTER HEAVEN
No disrespect to any of you, but I can't fathom how there aren't affordable unlimited data plans available to some you. Data caps, really?
Just over a year ago I was on 25GB for $150 a month. I am an Australian that lives in a semi rural area and mobile broadband is my only option. I recently upgraded to a new provider for 150GB at $70 a month with data rollover, so still not great by modern standards but it's a big improvement for me. However, seeing the size of these games really makes me fear for the future and my ability to partake in this medium.

Noobcraft

Nov 23, 2017
How are the noise levels on other peoples' One X?

Mine is totally silent the vast majority of the time, but in demanding games (FFXV, Battlefront 2) the fan briefly, but fairly loudly, spins up.

I can't ever hear the fan spin up in FM7.

Pitchfork

Oct 28, 2017
England
How are the noise levels on other peoples' One X?

Mine is totally silent the vast majority of the time, but in demanding games (FFXV, Battlefront 2) the fan briefly, but fairly loudly, spins up.

I can't ever hear the fan spin up in FM7.

Yeah, mine does this too. I've seen loads of reports of others doing the same and have been told by Xbox support that its normal behaviour so not too worried

Terror-Billy

Chicken Chaser
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I can't get used to the controller yet. I can't aim at moving objects when I play FPS lol.

Yeah, mine does this too. I've seen loads of reports of others doing the same and have been told by Xbox support that its normal behaviour so not too worried
Mine is completely silent, but every hour or so, when playing demanding games like Wolfenstein 2, it will make a loud, but not-annoying woosh and then it will stay silent for another hour.

panama chief

"This guy are sick"
Oct 27, 2017
Odd issue: Samsung + Xbox One Handshake

I have a Samsung TV that has an xbox channel that turns on the xbox(the TV controller can do it too by holding the back button for a second), which is great. Problem now is its turning on the X and the S that is about 20 feet away in the sitting room. anyone aware of how to turn off this function from the TV? there is nothing in the TV options.

So far the only thing i can think of is putting some tape to cover the RF of the S.

Bear

Oct 25, 2017
Convinced the wife to get me one for Christmas. Now I just need to find a solid TV...

M1chl

Banned
Nov 20, 2017
Czech Republic
So, anyone recommend Recore? It's on sale and I am wondering if frame rate issues have been fixed on the One X since I don't have a beefy gaming PC.
Much better deal is, if you buy a month of GamePass (or if you have it with your X), ReCore is there. I would say it's pretty (what is the word, common my English vocabulary)...polarising?... game. That one might like and one might not and it would be shame to waste money. Well, you can ask for refund, but still, I find to get it on GamePass along with other games as a far better option. But that just could be me : )

catpurrcat

Oct 27, 2017
Help please. My X is taking forever to format a Seagate 2TB HDD. Was using it as an external storage device for mac, was fine.

I formatted it to NTFS in windows 10, plugged it into my Xbox, it recognizes the drive and starts formatting, but unlike every other external drive I've used, this one seems to take forever to format, three hours and still going.

Other drives take only 10 seconds to be ready.

Any tips?

Tried deleting the partition in windows, reformatting in windows, both exfat and NTFS. STILL taking hours for the xbox to format.

It is writing something to the drive, but then every 10 minutes it stops for a second, seems to power down the hard drive and then start up again.

Lakeside

Oct 25, 2017
Help please. My X is taking forever to format a Seagate 2TB HDD. Was using it as an external storage device for mac, was fine.

I formatted it to NTFS in windows 10, plugged it into my Xbox, it recognizes the drive and starts formatting, but unlike every other external drive I've used, this one seems to take forever to format, three hours and still going.

Other drives take only 10 seconds to be ready.

Any tips?

Tried deleting the partition in windows, reformatting in windows, both exfat and NTFS. STILL taking hours for the xbox to format.

It is writing something to the drive, but then every 10 minutes it stops for a second, seems to power down the hard drive and then start up again.

Maybe that particular drive requires too much power for the USB bus on the Xbox.

AntiMacro

Oct 27, 2017
Alberta
I got an email today from Comcast notifying me that I've used over 90% of my monthly data. Pretty sure this is due to downloading so many Xbox One X games/patches.

I'm surprised that there isn't a thread about this already; fairly frustrating.
Between the girlfriend watching Netflix all day while she's off work and the X enhancement updates we're at 2.7 TB used for the month. Telus is probably monitoring me now lol

ThiefofDreams

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Ok, cool I'll give this a try. Thanks!

EvilBoris

Prophet of Truth - HDTVtest
Verified
Oct 29, 2017
Odd issue: Samsung + Xbox One Handshake

I have a Samsung TV that has an xbox channel that turns on the xbox(the TV controller can do it too by holding the back button for a second), which is great. Problem now is its turning on the X and the S that is about 20 feet away in the sitting room. anyone aware of how to turn off this function from the TV? there is nothing in the TV options.

So far the only thing i can think of is putting some tape to cover the RF of the S.

You could possibly go into the service menu and disable the IR blaster

EvilBoris

Prophet of Truth - HDTVtest
Verified
Oct 29, 2017
My X is going to arrive next week. Can someone explain to me how the Dolby Atmos App works? I don't have an Atmos ready sound system yet, but it also works with any headphones plugged in the controller?

Also, is there a list of compatible games somewhere? I got FFXV during the recent sale to test an X enhanced game, but I'd also like to get a game that demonstrates Dolby Atmos well. :)

Yeah it works with any headphones, you need to activate the trial on the app or buy it.

Games/demos that suppprt it are
AC origins
Gears 4
Tomb Raider
Super Luckys tale