• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
My boyfriend surprised me with one of these. Haven't gotten to play much of anything yet aside from FFXV, but man am I loving the unlocked framerate option in it. Feels like a big improvement over playing the game on the original system.

Oct 26, 2017
So we opened the Scorpio this morning. Thing is pretty sweet. Of course we've run into a problem with EA already. My son's wacky xboxlivefamily email address that was created when we joined him to Live years ago isn't the same as his EA email address. We can't seem to get them linked. Everything we've tried on EA times out, and of course EA's customer support is closed.

He's basically hosed for playing anything online until we can get it resolved.

I fucking hate EA.

Beanman25

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Brother got me rise of the tomb raider for the one. Never played but very very excited. How are the enhancements for this one on the x?

Fiery Phoenix

Oct 26, 2017
So we opened the Scorpio this morning. Thing is pretty sweet. Of course we've run into a problem with EA already. My son's wacky xboxlivefamily email address that was created when we joined him to Live years ago isn't the same as his EA email address. We can't seem to get them linked. Everything we've tried on EA times out, and of course EA's customer support is closed.

He's basically hosed for playing anything online until we can get it resolved.

I fucking hate EA.
I know what you mean. I had nightmares with that back in the day. I don't even remember how I fixed it, but the email address does have to match.

MarsMayflower

Self-Requested Ban
Banned
Nov 19, 2017
First day with the X. Very impressed. Dead by Daylight feels like a different game- so smooth and very much like the PC experience. GTA V driving seems locked now. Elite is vastly improved. It really feels like getting a new video card. Definitely scratches that itch from the former PC days.

Ayrtonsenna84

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
A very good Video from HD TVtest.

I tried It. Left my color space in 8bit,Ycc 4:2:2 on. In HDR ,brightness and color saturation have been increased. Thank you Vincent. I love this Guy. If you leave Your Xbox's color space in 8bit,It automaticaly switches itsself according to source so when detects a HDR content colorspace bumps up to 10-12bit but on the other hand if you choose 10 or 12bit natively,causing some serious Problems Like chroma process locking itsself in 4:2:0 instead of 4:2:2 or 4:4:4 and although you have chosen a native 10bit colorspace,the console decreases it's colordepth to 8bit.

I have a KS8000 and tried this prof Settings. I always had a pretty bad haloing and some washed out image but after these settings the haloing has been decreased (i believe due to correct chroma process) the colours look more saturated and Image is sharper than ever.

Dave

Oct 26, 2017
Brother got me rise of the tomb raider for the one. Never played but very very excited. How are the enhancements for this one on the x?

If I were you I wouldn't get too excited if it still has the very noticeable and very off putting lag input. If you have a PS4 Pro i'd Play it on there without being too negative.

Hmm, shall I bite? Comfortably got the money, but just don't see the games.

Logsi

Oct 27, 2017
Opened up my Scorpio yesterday. The unit itself is very nice and when people say it's heavy, they're not wrong!

There was a lot to set up and didn't manage to get into a game yesterday morning due to updates and game installs...

Coming from a Pro the UI is a bit unintuitive but I'm sure I'll learn it soon enough. My main problem is that games seem to look really contrasty and its offputting. Edges on hard lines are weird and don't look right either. Like it's being oversharpened. The UI elements all look a bit jagged around the edges. Almost like heavy compression. This is at 1080p.

Started playing the Witcher 3 again on x at 60 FPS and the whites are too white, blacks are too black and the colours are too vibrant! Not sure what's going on. There's a billion settings to change in the console so I'm sure I'll sort it somehow.

Fredrik

Oct 27, 2017

I tried It. Left my color space in 8bit,Ycc 4:2:2 on. In HDR ,brightness and color saturation have been increased. Thank you Vincent. I love this Guy. If you leave Your Xbox's color space in 8bit,It automaticaly switches itsself according to source so when detects a HDR content colorspace bumps up to 10-12bit but on the other hand if you choose 10 or 12bit natively,causing some serious Problems Like chroma process locking itsself in 4:2:0 instead of 4:2:2 or 4:4:4 and although you have chosen a native 10bit colorspace,the console decreases it's colordepth to 8bit.

I have a KS8000 and tried this prof Settings. I always had a pretty bad haloing and some washed out image but after these settings the haloing has been decreased (i believe due to correct chroma process) the colours look more saturated and Image is sharper than ever.

Cool Thanks for posting that!
I already have mine set to 8bit, but only because I still have issues getting the picture to not have drop outs for some reason when connecting it to the AVR (Xbox-1.5m->AVR-3m->TV). Right now with my current cable it's mostly stable but I still need to find a better hdmi cable, it's super annoying whenever too much data is sent and the picture drops out leaving me with black screen for 1 second and then no audio for 2 seconds until the TV and AVR has synced up again. Can't find those official holographic logo hdmi premium cables anywhere where I live.

Judau

Oct 28, 2017
I have a 1080p TV, but my X lets me choose to allow YCC 4:2:2. Everything else is greyed out, except for "Allow 24Hz". I thought YCC 4:2:2 was a 4K TV thing, no? Would allowing it even do anything?

Deleted member 4970

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Playing the Witcher 3 (which looks lovely) when I started getting a whole bunch of Gears 4 achievements. It was for completing chapters in the game. Chapters I haven't even played 0.o

sleepInsom

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Game is great, and really takes advantage of the system. I play using the enhanced mode which renders it at the highest resolution and graphics possible @ 30 FPS. There's also a performance 4K mode at or near 60 FPS with reduced visuals, and then a 1080p mode at 60 FPS.

Fiery Phoenix

Oct 26, 2017
Playing the Witcher 3 (which looks lovely) when I started getting a whole bunch of Gears 4 achievements. It was for completing chapters in the game. Chapters I haven't even played 0.o
It's normal. Has been since 2013. Achievements sometimes go out of sync, which is usually due to connectivity issues (since you can't unlock achievements offline like on the 360).

M1chl

Banned
Nov 20, 2017
Czech Republic
Hey a friend of mine lost his Xbox One X power cable - can someone link me to a replacement? I'm having a hard time figuring out which is the correct cable.
Normally it's named 2pin power cable, at least from what I've found.I always say it that I want 2 pin power cable for different stuff and I always get what I wanted from the electric store...

Fachasaurus

Oct 27, 2017
Does the X1X have 4K/HDR support for apps like Amazon, Netflix, and YouTube? Also does Plex work on X1X?

I'm trying to replace my Shield TV and UHD Player by simplifying the setup a bit.

From my understanding, the X1X doesn't have any CEC support but does anyone have it hooked up to an AV receiver and have them default turn on when turning the TV on?

I have searched for answers but I am getting varied responses, but if anyone has answers which apply to the current landscape right now, I would appreciate it!

Oct 28, 2017
Beerse, Belgium
i finally set up my X today, played a bit of Killer Instinct (takes quite a bit longer to install than PS4 i must say) and Halo 3 (which did look quite fab)

now a quick and probably stupid question, but i have it placed inside a cabinet which is opened in the front and with space enough around the machine but the back of the cabinet is closed off and I swore i could smell something that was not like a burning smell but something similar

advised to put it on a table or is inside a cabinet with quite some space fine enough?

Spider-Man

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm about to trade in my Xbox One launch unit and get an X.

I have a few questions

I don't really have anything to back up on my launch unit so can I just use the reset option in settings to make it like new? Will all my details be removed?

Also once I setup my X will logging into my Xbox Live account be enough? Like I said I don't have anything to back up on the launch unit but I am hoping just logging into my account on the new X will bring up all my digital purchases ready for download?

Deleted member 4093

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm about to trade in my Xbox One launch unit and get an X.

I have a few questions

I don't really have anything to back up on my launch unit so can I just use the reset option in settings to make it like new? Will all my details be removed?

Also once I setup my X will logging into my Xbox Live account be enough? Like I said I don't have anything to back up on the launch unit but I am hoping just logging into my account on the new X will bring up all my digital purchases ready for download?
Yeah it will. Just sign in and you're good to go.

I think I'm about to buy an X this friday or next. Anyone know a list of games which take advantage of the X best.

BrightCanon

Oct 25, 2017
i finally set up my X today, played a bit of Killer Instinct (takes quite a bit longer to install than PS4 i must say) and Halo 3 (which did look quite fab)

now a quick and probably stupid question, but i have it placed inside a cabinet which is opened in the front and with space enough around the machine but the back of the cabinet is closed off and I swore i could smell something that was not like a burning smell but something similar

advised to put it on a table or is inside a cabinet with quite some space fine enough?
I've used 4 different X's and they all have a smell. I think what you are explaining is normal

Chucker

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Maryland
Now that we're over a month out has anybody else had audio cut out after switching from game to game?

It doesn't happen every time, and I can't actively recreate it, but let's say I'm playing PUBG, quit to dash and then jump into Destiny 2, I won't have audio. Power cycling the receiver remedies the situation. Day one Xbox didn't do it, X started it on day one. Have tried the pack in HDMI and the HDMI that was hooked up to the rec. originally.

Not a huge annoyance, but just seeing if anybody has any suggestions.

Gestault

Oct 26, 2017
Now that we're over a month out has anybody else had audio cut out after switching from game to game?

It doesn't happen every time, and I can't actively recreate it, but let's say I'm playing PUBG, quit to dash and then jump into Destiny 2, I won't have audio. Power cycling the receiver remedies the situation. Day one Xbox didn't do it, X started it on day one. Have tried the pack in HDMI and the HDMI that was hooked up to the rec. originally.

Not a huge annoyance, but just seeing if anybody has any suggestions.

I haven't run into this at all. If you're running your audio through HDMI to a receiver, any chance it corresponds to games with different output standards?

Abu05

Oct 27, 2017
Hey everyone. I have an Xbox x and Sony x900 tv. When I don't have 4:2:2 on I have no issues. When I turn it on I get flickering for a couple seconds about every 3-5 minutes. Does it matter if it's on or off? Thanks. Don't get why I have the issue

Chucker

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Maryland
I haven't run into this at all. If you're running your audio through HDMI to a receiver, any chance it corresponds to games with different output standards?
It could, but shouldn't?
It's a Denon 5.1 older unit, and I've only got 2.1 hooked up due to changing rooms. I've got the settings on stereo uncompressed, so it should only be pushing out that.

Destiny will sometimes do it, sometimes won't. The randomness is what's driving me up the wall. I can't recreate it with any certainty.

space_nut

Oct 28, 2017
NJ
Yeah it will. Just sign in and you're good to go.

I think I'm about to buy an X this friday or next. Anyone know a list of games which take advantage of the X best.

Check out Rise of the Tomb Raider, Starwars Battlefront 2, Wolfenstein 2, Forza 7/Horizon 3 (Jan 15 upgrade), Ghost Recon Wildlands, Hitman, PUBG, Fortnite, Assassins Creed Origins, Quantum Break

Deleted member 4093

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Check out Rise of the Tomb Raider, Starwars Battlefront 2, Wolfenstein 2, Forza 7/Horizon 3 (Jan 15 upgrade), Ghost Recon Wildlands, Hitman, PUBG, Fortnite, Assassins Creed Origins, Quantum Break
I got rise of the tomb raider, not really gonna play any shooting games other than gears 4 and I see that PUBG only has HDR?

I went on xbox.com and saw a list and im confused. Why is a game like monster hunter world only getting hdr and not 4k? It cant downsample unless the game can do 4K correct?

Secretofmateria

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Quantum break still has that obnoxious film grain though which you cant deactivate. Even with the improved iq the grain is a massive eye sore to me

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
Forza Horizon is gonna look soooo good. I started it up today again and usually after i played enhanced games and then go back to "normal" games i really need to adjust.
Not needed with Forza Horizon. Its looks stunning already and any upgrade is gonna be crazy.

space_nut

Oct 28, 2017
NJ
I got rise of the tomb raider, not really gonna play any shooting games other than gears 4 and I see that PUBG only has HDR?

I went on xbox.com and saw a list and im confused. Why is a game like monster hunter world only getting hdr and not 4k? It cant downsample unless the game can do 4K correct?

Gears 4 is another huge enhanced game too :)

PUBG isn't a looker but it's a great way to play the game if you haven't tried it yet. Really fun with friends

Games like monster hunter are still in development so they can get 4k if they wish to. Even if it's not 4k it will downsample at any res higher than 1080p. So if the game ends up being 1800p, it'll downsample to your tv no extra work needed.

Deleted member 17361

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Got mine as a gift yesterday and I'm loving it, seriously looks incredible on my KS8000!!! Been playing some AC: Origins and having fun with that, and started my 2nd Gears 4 playthrough last night and that looks mind-blowing imo. Also played the original Mirrors Edge and it looks so nice in 4k/HDR. Such an impressive piece of tech, and so small too! I was shocked when I saw how small this thing really was especially compared to my OG Xbox One... so nice.
I have these but I haven't tried them out in 4K yet: Rise of the Tomb Raider, Fallout 3/4, Killer Instinct, Gears 3... I'll get around to trying them out soon :)

Oct 27, 2017
Florida
Does the X1X have 4K/HDR support for apps like Amazon, Netflix, and YouTube? Also does Plex work on X1X?

I'm trying to replace my Shield TV and UHD Player by simplifying the setup a bit.

From my understanding, the X1X doesn't have any CEC support but does anyone have it hooked up to an AV receiver and have them default turn on when turning the TV on?

I have searched for answers but I am getting varied responses, but if anyone has answers which apply to the current landscape right now, I would appreciate it!

YouTube got a 4k update. Not sure about Netflix.

Deleted member 4093

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Gears 4 is another huge enhanced game too :)

PUBG isn't a looker but it's a great way to play the game if you haven't tried it yet. Really fun with friends

Games like monster hunter are still in development so they can get 4k if they wish to. Even if it's not 4k it will downsample at any res higher than 1080p. So if the game ends up being 1800p, it'll downsample to your tv no extra work needed.
Nice, I already play PUBG all the time on my OG xbox one so any enhancements will be fine really. No matter how small.

Edit: Anyone who got pubg through buying an xbox one x how did you receive it?

Last edited:

Mrflood

Oct 25, 2017
Opened up my Scorpio yesterday. The unit itself is very nice and when people say it's heavy, they're not wrong!

There was a lot to set up and didn't manage to get into a game yesterday morning due to updates and game installs...

Coming from a Pro the UI is a bit unintuitive but I'm sure I'll learn it soon enough. My main problem is that games seem to look really contrasty and its offputting. Edges on hard lines are weird and don't look right either. Like it's being oversharpened. The UI elements all look a bit jagged around the edges. Almost like heavy compression. This is at 1080p.

Started playing the Witcher 3 again on x at 60 FPS and the whites are too white, blacks are too black and the colours are too vibrant! Not sure what's going on. There's a billion settings to change in the console so I'm sure I'll sort it somehow.

Everything you posted sounds like TV picture mode settings and not Xbox specific. Confirm you are using the same picture mode setting as your PS4.

Regards,

Static Veins

Oct 25, 2017
UK
Still waiting on games to download but I tried out that Insects tech demo and holy shit HD has just been forever ruined for me. 4K or bust, baby!

MAX PAYMENT

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I'm on the fence. I want to get this or PSVR. With the psvr most likely not getting la noire or fallout vr, PSVR is losing its luster to me.

What are the must have x enhanced games?
Its possible I might just get an s.

Kabuki Waq

Oct 26, 2017

Man I just tried this and it looks like 10 bit setting looks more vibrant can someone else test it out too? I tried on a ks8000

Oct 25, 2017
Underground
Wish I could be playing TW3 in HDR, but the good thing about it having so much content is that I should hopefully have enough saved up for a 4k set before I'm anywhere close to finishing the game.