• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Norfolk Enchants

Alt-Account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So was just watching the Boogie review, he said it is a beautiful console but he feels it will suffer the same fate that the PS4 Pro has where it did not sell enough to justify developers making use of it. And also a lot of the exclusives for the X will also be on PC?

any basis to that?

panama chief

"This guy are sick"
Oct 27, 2017
Did Bungie give any details on X support? I know are giving D2 a patch, just don't know what

JMY86

Oct 27, 2017
United States
Thank goodness I got the shipping confirmation from Best Buy. Except it's using some carrier called ontrac? Never heard of them and when I go to tracking it says the tracking number can't be found.... I'm hoping that's because I just got the shipping confirmation?

I have never heard of them either but they seem to be an overnight courier service. Here's hoping for a speedy delivery!

SirVilhelm

Oct 27, 2017
Thank goodness I got the shipping confirmation from Best Buy. Except it's using some carrier called ontrac? Never heard of them and when I go to tracking it says the tracking number can't be found.... I'm hoping that's because I just got the shipping confirmation?

Ontrac is a small outfit that usually does same day delivery

0ptimusPayne

Oct 27, 2017
So was just watching the Boogie review, he said it is a beautiful console but he feels it will suffer the same fate that the PS4 Pro has where it did not sell enough to justify developers making use of it. And also a lot of the exclusives for the X will also be on PC?

any basis to that?
I'm not understanding the continued impression from folks that PS4 Pro is lacking in Pro mode support, when the majority of major titles even older ones like MGS5 recentlygot an update. I get it that Bethesda has been late to the party for a few of their releases this year, but most major games have Pro support in some form. I think with the launch of the X, most major devs will continue to support both upgraded consoles with their premiere titles imo.

DrScruffleton

Oct 26, 2017
did anyone do the bonus trade in at gamestop today? My friend just tried and they told him to come back after 3 PM, because they wont add the bonus till then

Nista

Oct 26, 2017
We got our Scorpio edition one from newegg in today. I need to figure out a good way to transfer stuff over from the old Day One box.

Psychotron

Oct 26, 2017

any basis to that?

Now that both Sony and MS have a more powerful console, I think we'll see more games making use of it. I'm thinking base machines will be noticeably worse from here on out. Could be wrong though.

DJ Lushious

Enhanced Xperience
Oct 27, 2017
Apparently my small-town Best Buy is going to have a midnight release for the X. They'll be handing out tickets at 9:30 PM to come back and pick up at 11:00 PM. I have a Scorpio Edition en route from Best Buy already, but do I play the "impatient" card and try to get one tonight? Hrrmm...

Kibbles

Oct 25, 2017
Microsoft sent a tracking number a few days ago but UPS still hasn't even received it. I did pickup at the distribution center nearby which is what I usually do so I can just get my package at 830 when they open instead of waiting all day, but now I'm worried because next day air says it can get there by 12:30 or something and then delivered by 3:30... so if the plane lands and they don't get it until later will I not be able to pick it up until Wednesday? :S maybe I should've left it...

I don't understand why they wait so long to ship and spend more one next day air...with the Taco Bell promo there are thousands of X's out there already and it's not like it's a brand new console launch, it's a revision, big whoop if it happens to arrive a day early to some >_>

Justsomeguy

Oct 27, 2017
UK
Odd I might have been just misconstruing the upscaling stuff and PC talk. I really feel like I heard some sort of controversy about the game but I don't recall what it might have been.

Good to hear though, I need more Xbox exclusives to try and it's only $20 so I'll snag it for the X.
20 bucks is a steal. Enjoy it and enjoy your X

dragn

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt-account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
anyone tested it with a freesync display yet?

Serious Sam

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

any basis to that?
Correction, there will be no X exclusives, all games will just be Xbox games that work on all 3 Xbox One models. Regarding PC availability, yes, that's happening. MS isn't stopping Play Anywhere initiative and people got used to seeing Forza and Gears on PC by now.

Justsomeguy

Oct 27, 2017
UK

any basis to that?

There's always the PC vs console argument. If you already have a high power rig then you can happily use that. If you don't then good luck building something comparable for 500 bucks (form factor and noise level included).

Most games that have a PC version are a no brainer for getting an upgrade on X (and I guess pro too) as devs are already building/configuring the higher asset version for PC .

Suicune

Oct 27, 2017
Sigh my status has changed from dispatching now back to preparing to dispatch, Amazon UK pre ordered since reveal.
Be pissed if I don't get it tomorrow

Djredline

Chicken Chaser
Oct 26, 2017
Smyths UK just text me to say mine is ready for collection.
Shame I can't go for another 11hrs.

Scutebrute

Oct 27, 2017
Sorry if this has been brought up before, but I just got a call from my local Best Buy where they said that "due to a shipping error on Microsoft's end we will not be receiving the Xbox One X Scorpio Edition for a midnight release or tomorrow. We do not know when they will arrive, but will call you when the come in and ready for pickup."

Kinda weird, I'm not that mad since I didn't plan on picking it up until Wednesday anyway but I hope it's not too delayed. Anyone else get a call like this?

JustinH

Oct 27, 2017
Lol this is becoming a thing now haha.
Lmao.
I mean... I'm not taking mine off though, my Day One still has its sticker on it.

Oh man, the waiting is the hardest part...
Look how close that bar is to the end! Just finish it off Amazon! JUSTDOIT.GIF
revbsys.jpg

Dammit!

toph

Oct 28, 2017
Just spoke to support at Microsoft Store.

Although they haven't charged my card or given me a shipping notice, I "should expect my order tomorrow".

Deleted member 22750

Oct 28, 2017
gamestop changed my shipping to Wednesday

it was supposed to be here today

Oct 25, 2017
Cincinnati
I thought mine had already shipped from Best Buy, but it was a movie I forgot I ordered. Mine has said it's preparing for like 6 hours now. Getting nervous I am not gonna get it tomorrow even though I ordered it within 30 seconds of it going up. :/

IplayGames4Fun

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Lucky you. BB was charging close to $20 for release date shipping. I'm good I can wait until Friday.
I'm an elite plus member so might have something to do with it.
sadly my best buy one still hasn't shipped so doubtful i get it tomorrow. still says preparing.
target created a shipping label but it hans't moved

so realistically doubtful i get it tomorrow

Justsomeguy

Oct 27, 2017
UK
https://www.theverge.com/circuitbreaker/2017/11/2/16597100/xbox-one-x-1440p-support-confirmed

Not sure if anyone saw this yet but I commend Microsoft on taking this step to recognize that some us play on gaming monitors, specifically 1440p and the lack of support for 1440p from Sony has really baffled me. Wish my Pro would natively support 1440p like the One because that would be a sweet spot for my gaming PC and 27" display.
Not sure if it's native 1440 or if it's the same as what it does on 1080p: render at 4k then supersample down to 1440.

DirtyLarry

Oct 27, 2017
After almost not getting it until Thursday, just got my text from Amazon it will be here tomorrow. Blessed be Amazon's Customer Service.

I install all of my games to an external drive so just confirming I should not have all that much to do to prep for the arrival of the X should I?

To build on this, I do have COD WWII and have not even installed it yet as I was waiting for the X. This is dumb right and I should go ahead and install it tonight since I do the external anyway? And then hopefully I will just grab any updates etc.? Or should I have off because the disk itself installs different assets?​

I do pretty much realize that any game that takes advantage of the X will have to download some updates, etc. so I realize that will happen, but is there anything else I should do tonight?

I get to Work From Home tomorrow so hopefully it arrives during the day to hook up, so it is not the end of the world if I need to do more tomorrow, but it would be nice to just get up and running as quickly as possible.

Oct 28, 2017
I actually wanted a Scorpio edition. Call me crazy...

But I missed the first wave of pre-orders. I caught the second wave of pre-orders on Amazon which I guess is the standard Xbox One X.

I got my shipping notice today!! And then a tweet from Wario64 right after that Scorpio editions were back in stock at Amazon.

RoKKeR

Oct 25, 2017
Well I'll be damned, Best Buy actually shipped today and it looks like they're expecting it to arrive tomorrow. Shouldn't have doubted!