• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Morgan J

Oct 26, 2017
Dear lord this is my worst nightmare with new systems. Reason I tend to buy locally. So I can walk back in and cause a scene to get a new one.
Microsoft has been very helpful, they will fix it if my reseller(online) wont cooperate, but I think I just have to wait for a replacement. Just so annoying.

yankeeh8er

Oct 26, 2017
Dracula Georgia
Hey guys I have a problem with my Tv/Xbox OneX that I hope someone can help with. I have the TCL P series P607 55''. I bought it due to recommendations on gaf that it was a good 4k tv. I set up my OneX last night and when I go into settings and check the 4k settings it says that my TV doesn't support HDR 10. I thought okay no big deal since I know it said that it does support HDR so I figured HDR10 must just be something else. I ran the Insects app on Xbox and it wont let me turn HDR on in the app the option is greyed out. Does anyone know what is up with that? Anyone else have the same TV and get HDR to work with A OneX?

Bjones

Oct 30, 2017
WTF my xbox one x is bricked! I played on it 2-3 hours. powered it down and went out for doing stuff, now when I try to turn it on it doesnt start now. Seems like a fuse blew in it or something. tried disconnecting cables, holding in the x button etc etc. I need to send it back for a replacement. gah!

I thought my Xbox s was bricked the other day . I had to unplug it for like a min to reset it. Not just a quick unplug and replug. I would try that before you send it in.

VE3TRO

Oct 25, 2017
ESSEX, UK
Ok my unit is still broke but I could connect it through Xbox app on Windows. The system seems to perform fine everywhere and loads games. My take is the HDMI output has blown or something.

I'm about to do a full factory reset through the OS because doing it with the buttons did nothing.

Oct 28, 2017
I went to Best Buy when it opened. They had one and I got it. Super excited to play this on my hotel's 42", 3 inch thick, 720p lcd. Should look amazing. Feel true power.

Oct 27, 2017
wowowow, I preordered on August 20th to pick up my X1X from a Best Buy and now I see its out of stock. Lol, when can I expect this....

Same here, I have a feeling they didn't honor a lot of the "In-store" pickup orders. I'm supposedly getting a $50 Gift Card out of the ordeal but for someone who spends thousands of dollars at Best Buy per year (Elite Plus member) it is quite disappointing especially considering I just bought a 4K TV with HDR from the same store just for the Xbox One X. Hopefully Amazon comes through...

SUPGUYZ

Oct 27, 2017
For anyone with the greyed out HDR options on AC:Origins, just close the game out and re-launch it

Gumbie

Oct 28, 2017
Hey guys I have a problem with my Tv/Xbox OneX that I hope someone can help with. I have the TCL P series P607 55''. I bought it due to recommendations on gaf that it was a good 4k tv. I set up my OneX last night and when I go into settings and check the 4k settings it says that my TV doesn't support HDR 10. I thought okay no big deal since I know it said that it does support HDR so I figured HDR10 must just be something else. I ran the Insects app on Xbox and it wont let me turn HDR on in the app the option is greyed out. Does anyone know what is up with that? Anyone else have the same TV and get HDR to work with A OneX?

Make sure you're HDMI settings are set to 2.0 on the TV

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kmfXmCCCAmw

derFeef

Oct 26, 2017
Austria
Hurray no Xbox for me today, I hate DHL so much.
"could not deliver"
Okay.. any more infos? Maybe a note with where I can pick it up? Are you folks trying again tomorrow?

Volkoff

Oct 27, 2017
Yo-hio
Sounding like Amazon flubbed my pre-order. A "delay" has occurred according to their chat support. This will be my last year of Amazon Prime.

Might try to snag one at a local brick and mortar, but who knows.

Barneystuta

Nov 4, 2017
First world problem here.

Unplugged my Day One OG Xbox One. Forgot to factory reset it.

Set up my Xbox One X. Played for a couple of hours. Decided to re-set up my OG Xbox One so I can factory reset ready to give to my sister.

Set it up, hit factory reset. I need to be connected online - ok, quickly set up WiFi (it's always been wired) and bam... I need a 4GB update.

So a 4GB update is installing... So I can then factory reset.

This is eating into my One X time :(

Bjones

Oct 30, 2017
Same here, I have a feeling they didn't honor a lot of the "In-store" pickup orders. I'm supposedly getting a $50 Gift Card out of the ordeal but for someone who spends thousands of dollars at Best Buy per year (Elite Plus member) it is quite disappointing especially considering I just bought a 4K TV with HDR from the same store just for the Xbox One X. Hopefully Amazon comes through...

Same thing happened with the switch for me. It doesn't matter when you preordered. It only matters where you are on the list the warehouse guys have. My switch arrived 2weeks later than launch.

This time I just set store pick up and had no problem.

I'm am a elite plus member as well.

Abu05

Oct 27, 2017
My Scorpio Edition has been Preparing to Ship since yesterday from Target. I'm obviously not getting it today, but man I hope they at least ship it today
Target has been crab to deal with. Noticed mine wasn't even being prepared to ship last week. Called to see if they can bump it to make sure I get it on the 7th and they said they would. Now I'm sitting here and won't get here till the 9th and it sat at one spot for two days without moving.

Oct 31, 2017
hmm, cause i remember reading that the xbox one S they recommended that it was plugged directly into the wall. Not sure it its the same for X.
All Xbox consoles since the 360 have called for being plugged directly into the wall. Having them plugged into power strips, cleaners, surge protectors can cause all sorts of problems.

I wonder if a lot of these issues are from people who had it plugged into something like that but it didn't matter because of the power needed for the older consoles wasn't as much?

Dringus

Oct 27, 2017
Xbox delivered! So who here is like me and has one yet no intention of using it for a bit? lol

Seriously though, I wanted to get a new tv with the Xbox since my old Vizio is like, 6+ years old... Never got around to it. While I want to try the system out, I see little reason to bother till I get a new tv. I only kept the preorder because I sort've wanted the Scorpio edition, otherwise I probably would've just waited.

BMW

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
All Xbox consoles since the 360 have called for being plugged directly into the wall. Having them plugged into power strips, cleaners, surge protectors can cause all sorts of problems.

I wonder if a lot of these issues are from people who had it plugged into something like that but it didn't matter because of the power needed for the older consoles wasn't as much?

Personally, I found that plugging expensive electronics into the wall directly is asking for trouble.

ironcreed

Oct 27, 2017
I want one, but I will be waiting until next year some time. I am more than happy with my base Xbox One and PS4 for now.

VincentMatts

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Canada

Yeah possibly, but i cant imagine MS not testing something like that. A lot of people im sure wouldnt have this info.

Heazy

IT Tech
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
London, UK
I've not bought an XBX, but from all the user reviews and friends comments, MS have really knocked it out the park here compared to the Xbox One launch.

Hat's off to them.

plagiarize

It's not a loop. It's a spiral.
Oct 25, 2017
Cape Cod, MA
My head snaps around every time I hear a vehicle go by (I live on a dead end street). Reminds me of when I got my 360 (didn't get the One at launch).

Liquidsnake

Oct 27, 2017
Anyone in LA waiting for delivery?

Also what the hell is AMZL US does that mean its coming from a courier or what? what kind of delivery service is this?

My Scorpio has been sitting at the carrier facility since 3:30 am with no movement. :(

OMGGeorgie

Nov 2, 2017
Back in August I said this would be the first Xbox I didn't have on launch day...

My Scorpio Edition arrived a few hours ago and I just pressed order on a KS7000 55" arriving tomorrow...

That's not happened has it :)

Oct 31, 2017
Agreed. If the house is wired properly there shouldn't be any issue using power strips.

Older homes with shady wiring jobs could cause issues though.
Please look it up through official Microsoft support guidelines. They tell you not to plug it in as it can cause power issues and potentially harm the console. I'm not just pulling this out of thin air, it is a known problem and it is even in the console setup guides that come with past few Xbox ones I've received.

They have a built in surge protector and there are numerous posts on thei support forums for Og Xbox one and Xbox One S having issues that was cause by plugging into a surge protector.

ApexNorth

Oct 27, 2017
I am scared shitless right now that mine is going to die/brick on me. Mine's plugged into a multi-plug should I plug it into the wall instead? My PS4 Pro is also plugged into the same multi-plug.

BMW

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Agreed. If the house is wired properly there shouldn't be any issue using power strips.

Older homes with shady wiring jobs could cause issues though.

I'm paranoid even with new construction - it's just not worth it. Get a good surge protector and live a happy life lol.

--

My only concern with the X is a potential problem on the technical side. Hopefully no surprises like the red ring of death.

Full Recovery

Needs a sandwich
Oct 26, 2017
USA
If there was a 4K/HDR/Freesync 2 display on the market right now I'd be spending more money. Waiting for new tech makes time crawl.