• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

gabdeg

Oct 26, 2017
🐝
Btw. on the network transfer stuff, here are the speeds I got:
Both wireless: 70Mbit/s (8.75MB/s)
Source console wired/One X wireless 180Mbit/s (22.5MB/s)
Both wired 220Mbit/s (36MB/s)

So I'd definitely suggest at least hooking the source console up directly to the router. Some people may have a faster internet connection than the transfer between consoles too, lol.

TheZynster

Oct 26, 2017
Mine did that several times yesterday I was wasn't sure if it was a fan or the disc drive as it mostly happened while I was installing something. I was a bit concerned as well. I will keep an eye on it today and see if it continues.

Please do......it doesn't seem like an issue.....plus I know damn well whisper quiet......isn't a thing and people all had these magical PS4 pros at launch too that allowed them to hear themselves breath in the same room lol

Pitchfork

Oct 28, 2017
England
I have one hell of a gaming hangover this morning!

Had my Scorpio up and running at around 1300hrs, never switched it off until 0100hrs. Had a brief dabble with some of the older titles that got enhanced (which all look fantastic) and then fired up AC Origins for the first time!

What a game! and what a console to play it on - looks incredible!

So my mind is in a hazy smog today, but 'hair of the dog' and all that.. Back to it!

Witness

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
New York
Halo 5 looks amazing, wow! Such a substantial leap. Can't wait to dive into Wolfenstein and Quantum Break tonight. I seriously thought about calling out of work today! I don't even have a 4K tv yet either, getting that TCL this month.

Last edited:

Pitchfork

Oct 28, 2017
England
Trust trying to figure out whether or not to call this thing in.

After playing some NBA last night and assassins creed. The console behaves exactly the same. I can play in near silence for awhile and then the fans will just ramp up for about 5 seconds.....quiet down and repeat it all over again.

Since everyone else here has these whisper quiet consoles, I'm wondering if I should call this in.....or if no one else is as susceptible to noise as I am even with my atmos headset on.

This is kind of what I'm talking about

https://youtu.be/vyNkR9VZ_3U

Mine does that too every now and again - the fans ramp up for about 2 secs then goes quiet again. I saw a post over on Reddit in reference, and one of the Xbox dev's replied that its normal and does it whenever there is an increased power draw

MrFarenheit

Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Winnipeg, Canada
My Scorpio edition arrived while out of town for work. No one was home but fedex left a $677 console between my doors sigh. More crazy to me is that it did not come in any other box. Amazon just shipped it as is? Is this normal?

MrT

Oct 27, 2017
Anyone in the UK have a lead on kinect 2 adapters that are in stock (and that isn't a crazy price like the ebay listings asking for £60)? Got my scorpio set up last night and I'm already missing kinect...

Soony Xbone Uhh

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
At Amazon.com the standard edition is back ordered and currently not available anymore. You can still get the Project Scorpio edition.

plagiarize

It's not a loop. It's a spiral.
Oct 25, 2017
Cape Cod, MA
Yeeeeesh system is still downloading the games I left going last night, It finished two X enhanced titles while I slept, at least. I did get a chance to play a little Forza 7 quick race, since the bare minimum had downloaded, which gave me a choice of one car that I owned and three tracks, but it was enough to see how pretty it was. IE, exceedingly so. I also figured out my 4K Blu-Ray problem. My TV and the Xbox One X don't automatically detect the colour space when it switches to 4K 24hz. I was able to change a settings that is greyed out if I'm doing anything else on the X and get I resolved the washed out blacks, so that was a relief.

Hopefully everything else will be done by the time I get home from work.

I never thought my internet was slow before.

woozey

Nov 3, 2017
Anyone else playing on 1080p? I've been playing ac origins and don't think supersampling is happening. Thought that you could still load the 4k textures and just have super sampling. Any help would be great.

Barneystuta

Nov 4, 2017
Anyone else playing on 1080p? I've been playing ac origins and don't think supersampling is happening. Thought that you could still load the 4k textures and just have super sampling. Any help would be great.

I am on 1080p and definitely notice a difference on Gears, Halo, Titanfall 2 and many others.

I've not got AC Origins though, I saw a 1080p video though and could see the difference. If the game launches without an update it 'should work.

woozey

Nov 3, 2017
I am on 1080p and definitely notice a difference on Gears, Halo, Titanfall 2 and many others.

I've not got AC Origins though, I saw a 1080p video though and could see the difference. If the game launches without an update it 'should work.

Hmm it did say there was an update. Maybe I was expecting a little more in the texture department. I was hoping there was a way to just verify that it was all set up right.

Simbo

Oct 27, 2017
Mine arrived about an hour ago.

Mine seems whisper quiet (at the moment) and Gears and Halo look incredible so far.

In a way I'm glad they didn't add HDR to Halo.....I think my eyes may have melted.

Soony Xbone Uhh

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The biggest global launch in Xbox history – now available in 35 markets

Xbox One X is available now in 35 markets worldwide, including Australia, Austria, Belgium, Canada, China, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hong Kong, Hungary, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Japan, Korea, Mexico, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Russia, Saudi Arabia, Slovakia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Taiwan, Turkey, the U.K., the U.S., and United Arab Emirates.

Xbox One X launched in 35 markets simultaneously, while Xbox One was 13.

The most notable and only original Xbox One lauch market missing? Brazil!
All of South America is left out so far.

Last edited:

Jrs3000

Oct 26, 2017
USA
If they can get pubg out in china on the X, it will kill. My gaming has been reinvigorated with the X. I played World of Tanks and it was phenomenal in 4k plus it's free. Everyone get it! Halo 5 warzone was excellent. There still some half rate animation but it is a lot more rare now and not everywhere in your face. Gears 4 was just surreal. Titanfall 2 was better but still seemed funky and not as sharp. I'm hoping they improve this. Ghost recon was magnificent, what was once a blurry mess is just so beautiful to look at the landscapes with out aliasing. I ran around taking screenshots. I'm hoping all devs go through and update more games because it really amazing. Made me feel like I was playing on PC with the quality I saw on my 4k HDR Samsung JS8000.

Sidenote is the TCL P better or about the same quality as my tv, I've been looking for one to setup for a game room.

JMY86

Oct 27, 2017
United States
One small thing I love with the Scorpio edition is the all black buttons on the controller! looks extra sleek

Yeah I love that. I didn't even notice the buttons were like that on the Scorpio Edition until about a week ago.

So how is it for someone with an older 1080p tv that probably won't upgrade to a 4k hdr anytime soon ?

The supersampling is supposed to be great on the X if you have a 1080p TV.

X1 Two

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Halo 5 looks amazing, wow! Such a substantial leap. Can't wait to dive into Wolfenstein and Quantum Break tonight. I seriously thought about calling out of work today! I don't even have a 4K tv yet either, getting that TCL this month.

Halo 5 is like playing a new Halo game. Absolutely amazing work 343 has done, can't wait for the MCC update.

Sh0k

Oct 27, 2017
I went to Best Buy here in Miami around 7 pm and I was surprised of seeing a stack of maybe 70 XBOX ONE X in the gaming section. So tempting, but I already own an original XBOX ONE that my kid uses all the time and I will have to upgrade some of my equipment in my gaming room to make fit for the ONE X.

Sirhc

Hasn't made a thread yet. Shame me.
Oct 27, 2017
Oh snap, checked out World of Tanks on X as some others suggested. Played abit ages ago on my OG one, the difference is staggering.

Probably spent an hour last night in the insects demo toggling hdr at points, makes it easy to see the upgrade with hdr compared to anything else I have tried since it is instant.

StealthieOne

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Dfw
My Scorpio edition arrived while out of town for work. No one was home but fedex left a $677 console between my doors sigh. More crazy to me is that it did not come in any other box. Amazon just shipped it as is? Is this normal?
Mine came in an amazon box that was 25% bigger than the xbox box so it was moving around in there.. Hopefully its not damaged. I did have it shutdown on me while playing.. Hopefully its a one time thing

Jrs3000

Oct 26, 2017
USA
Mine came in an amazon box that was 25% bigger than the xbox box so it was moving around in there.. Hopefully its not damaged. I did have it shutdown on me while playing.. Hopefully its a one time thing

Mine came the same way from amazon last night too. The box was all dented but fortunately MS packs the console well so no damage. I did about 5 hours on it so far and no issue.

Oct 29, 2017
Well I got this thing up and running about 6 hours ago and have barely come up for air.

I have been trying every game in my library and I am just blown away.

this has been the greatest gaming day release I have ever experienced. so sick and tired of the new generations when you come home with one or 2 games. to be able to play15 (or 20) enhanced games right out of the box and have everything from Xbox 360 games up to brand new Xbox enhance games has been a treat.

the graphics are finally no compromises. you can feel the power. there's no tearing, the frame rate the 4 K, I'm just thrilled. I've been playing games for 40 years and I've been waiting for a day like this on a console.

You just summed up my thoughts exactly!

TheKeyPit

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Germany
People shouldn't forget that you not only get better resolution at times but more bells and whistles with the X. The game will already look much better on a 1080p TV. Supersampled down from 4k is even better.
(in regards to people asking about 1080p user)

I tried out the Forza 7 Demo and the game looks superb.

JMY86

Oct 27, 2017
United States
Mine came the same way from amazon last night too. The box was all dented but fortunately MS packs the console well so no damage. I did about 5 hours on it so far and no issue.

My Amazon order was the same. The outer box was way too big and was beat to hell but the actual X box was fine luckily as there was zero paper, peanuts or bubble wrap inside the outer box. I have never received a box in that condition from Amazon I assumed it was UPS's fault.

Oct 29, 2017
Can we all just appreciate how fucking beautiful the Scorpio edition is? In person the gradient is absolutely gorgeous, really happy I didn't cancel and move to the regular edition.

TheGhost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Long Island
Right now my scorpio is still downloading all my usual games (destiny 2, COD) But I really want super Lucky's tale, how come I don't see a lot of love or even a OT for it on these boards? It looks perfect for the X?

diablo900t

Oct 27, 2017
Tampa, FL
My Amazon order was the same. The outer box was way too big and was beat to hell but the actual X box was fine luckily as there was zero paper, peanuts or bubble wrap inside the outer box. I have never received a box in that condition from Amazon I assumed it was UPS's fault.

Mine came in the same sort of large outer box with just some paper in it (not enough to cushion it), but the product box itself didn't seem to have any damage or dents at all.

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
The Xbox doesn't support HDMI-CEC

giphy.gif

Xbox One X - 80% Future, 20% Stone Age.

Proteus

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
Right now my scorpio is still downloading all my usual games (destiny 2, COD) But I really want super Lucky's tale, how come I don't see a lot of love or even a OT for it on these boards? It looks perfect for the X?
I played the Oculus version. It's a great game. I don't think it will get much love around here though.

JMY86

Oct 27, 2017
United States

Yeah that is strange. I didn't even know the game was out until I booted up my X and saw it on the home screen. I have heard nothing about the game or seen any reviews.

Gumbie

Oct 28, 2017
Can anybody confirm that the Amazon Video app and Netflix app both support HDR? Netflix does on ps4 pro but the ps4 Amazon app does 4K but not HDR.

Anybody...?

I'm reading conflicting reports with some people saying Amazon Video HDR works great on X1X and others saying the app doesn't support it.