HBK

Oct 30, 2017
The Z series will use the One X version and the T series will use the one S version. Super complex. Or is BC actual more complex than that and I'm not paying attention
I get that some people can get confused easily, but it's also pretty easy to get confused when you don't want to pay attention.

All Xbox One games will run on Xbox Series consoles (bar maybe a few exceptions, as usual). Both consoles will provide upgraded backwards compatibility in select cases (it will at least run as well, and may even run better). Xbox Series S will provide backwards compatibility based on Xbox One S performance profile (so 1080p gaming). Xbox Series X will provide backwards compatibility based on Xbox One X performance profile (so 4K gaming).

It sounds complicated? That's because you wanna know every minute detail. All that matters is: Xbox One games will run on Xbox Series consoles. They will run better on Xbox Series X. (surprising, isn't it?)

Wooo, confusing.

Bishop89

What Are Ya' Selling?
Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
3h7pf2pwnjz41.png

I died when I saw this.
OMG LOL!

amazing

GattsuSama

Mar 12, 2020
It seems to be some manufactured outrage here? Based on the post above of course.

If not then I hope it was all the bots haha

bushmonkey

Oct 29, 2017
Yup they would never do something stupid like that which is why last gen wasn't PS4 vs. XB1. Funny thing is I don't even necessarily think you're wrong about their reasoning, I genuinely believe the people that pick the names are really this stupid.
One is different. It has a connotation of restart / remake. No product has the number 1 after the name when it's the actual first one released.

henhowc

Oct 26, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
Can't believe people we're still talking about this LOL. The #2 Mover and Shaker when this was all going down was a 360 controller. A THREE SIXTY controller that doesn't work on Xbox ONE, Xbox Series S, NOR Xbox Series X. Naming confusion?!!

No. It's just a stupid ranking system lol. People just want to meme it up (don't blame anyone for that). But pivoting that into "MS SCREWED UP" is laughable. As are the takes like "1 confused person is 1 too many!!!". Have you seen the world around you in 2020?

And this is when you realize you should just take a small break.

" #1 Best Seller in Xbox One Consoles "
Wow, an Xbox One is the highest selling console in the Xbox One console section.

Insightful.

Must be a wild coincidence today, because a PSP is also currently the best selling PSP Console on Amazon, make anew thread pls.

I don't wanna alarm anyone in this thread but there is a really odd looking console at the top of the Amazon Video Games Best Sellers list, I can't quite place it, looks familiar.

Not that big a deal but no it wasn't just Xbox One consoles in the label I saw. It was Xbox consoles.

WadeIt0ut

Oct 28, 2017
Iowa
Still waiting to see what the actually One X sale numbers were considering there were 0 new One X consoles on Amazon US

headspawn

Oct 27, 2017
Not that big a deal but no it wasn't just Xbox One consoles in the label I saw. It was Xbox consoles.

Got a link? I have no idea how to separate lists by simply "Xbox consoles".

The only list I see with Xbox One X as #1 Best Seller is for "Xbox One Consoles", that is label on it.

Xbox Series X is #1 Best Seller in all of videogames at the moment, it'd be weird if that didn't also include 'Xbox Consoles'.

Last edited:

headspawn

Oct 27, 2017
This was from last night. It does say in Xbox One Consoles now when I view the listing. It probably fluctuates. For example the Xbox One S best seller listing right now also currently shows "Xbox Consoles" and not "Xbox One Consoles".

Maybe that's just cellphone weirdness, those links all list Xbox One Console for me, either way though, it's not the best selling actual Xbox console. Xbox Series X is the best selling videogame item fullstop, Xbox One S and Xbox One X are not even in that list at all.

WadeIt0ut

Oct 28, 2017
Iowa
If these were actual human beings buying used/refurbished consoles, then they honestly deserve the hard life lesson lol

Fusionfrenzy

Alt Account
Banned
Aug 2, 2019
People posting sarcastic responses, citing grannies and pretending not to see the problem: you're deluded. The problem is right there clear as day. The naming system is very bad, just like 3DS and Wii U before it. Madness. Between this and the story about One X trending on Twitter the problem is clear as day.

Version 3.0

Oct 27, 2017
For what it's worth: when I was trying to pre-order, I actually clicked on an Xbox One X listing before the proper one went up. I forget which site it was. Between all the errors, pages disappearing and re-appearing, and refreshing, I did a few searches. One of them got me, if only briefly.

It's a terrible name. It's going to cause confusion. But, like I've said before, it will be fine overall. A product that's in demand will always sell, bad name or not.

slothrop

▲ Legend ▲
Aug 28, 2019
USA
It's entirely possible increased general talk about xbox increased brand awareness and sold some last gen consoles to people buying intentionally. Some people really do these things!

Gin

May 2, 2018
Feel bad for the Amazon return department
Expect a lot of pissed off people when they open grandma's gifts -.-

Microsoft has all the money in the world - but they still can't figure out how to hire a competent marketing team with branding

Azerth

Prophet of Truth - Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
if ordered the x1x wouldnt they have got it awhile ago

Deleted member 20297

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Feel bad for the Amazon return department
Expect a lot of pissed off people when they open grandma's gifts -.-

Microsoft has all the money in the world - but they still can't figure out how to hire a competent marketing team with branding
I'm telling you that this likely will not be a massive thing at all.

DWarriorSN

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
PA
Now that i can buy the XSX i wonder if I'll be able to get a pre-order before the 10th

aspiring

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, my guess is they ordered the wrong version of Telstra All Access and just don't want to admit their mistake.

I have been following this ona Facebook thread with the person. They posted photos of conversations they had with Telstra showed their record for the all access and everything. Been told to send it back, and reorder going to the back of the queue

SavoyPrime

Oct 27, 2017
North Carolina USA
I hope those weren't early Christmas gift purchases. If so, there's gonna be a lot of pissed off people Christmas morning that were expecting Xbox Series X under the tree.

Oct 27, 2017
How did they get a discontinued console? Where are the XBOX One Xs coming from? The console has been discontinued for months. Sounds like some second rate company that shouldnt be selling consoles offloading stock .

HgS

Dec 13, 2019
I'm telling you that this likely will not be a massive thing at all.

It shouldn't be a thing at all. Especially not for online retailers... In store someone could theoretically ask for the wrong thing and the attendant not know/care enough to clarify. But online orders aren't that simple.

If you're picking orders in these cases you get a picking list and a barcode scanner. As you're assigned orders you travel around the warehouse picking up the items and scanning them to assign them to the order. If you scan the wrong item it won't assign to the order. If you don't scan an item at all then the customer wouldn't be charged for it and to close out the order you'd have to select some sort of reason code for the incomplete item(s).

This is pretty standard stuff. From Amazon right down to mom and pop level stores. Theoretically Microsoft should be able to give their console a completely incoherent name and it still shouldn't be possible for a retailer to ship the wrong one.

If they do somehow manage to send the wrong thing that retailer has a major issue that's completely separate from Microsoft's naming one.