Darknight

"I'd buy that for a dollar!"
Oct 25, 2017
Woah, all that for only $60 a year? do you know where I can find the deal once I get my series x?

1) Buy three years of Xbox Live Gold
2) Redeem each one but make sure auto renew is turned off. Enabling it will give you a bonus free month but you don't want that because you can have a maximum of 36 months prepaid on your account. The bonus months would limit you from redeeming the third year.
3) Convert your account from Xbox Live Gold to Game Pass Ultimate for $1

When you convert your account, they will take every month you have of Xbox Live Gold and convert it to one month of Game Pass Ultimate. So essentially, you're paying for Xbox Live Gold and converting is how you get it for $60 a year. You can even get it for less if you can find Xbox Live Gold for cheaper.

Aug 31, 2018
1) Buy three years of Xbox Live Gold
2) Redeem each one but make sure auto renew is turned off. Enabling it will give you a bonus free month but you don't want that because you can have a maximum of 36 months prepaid on your account. The bonus months would limit you from redeeming the third year.
3) Convert your account from Xbox Live Gold to Game Pass Ultimate for $1

When you convert your account, they will take every month you have of Xbox Live Gold and convert it to one month of Game Pass Ultimate. So essentially, you're paying for Xbox Live Gold and converting is how you get it for $60 a year. You can even get it for less if you can find Xbox Live Gold for cheaper.
Ah so you need the $180 or whatever up front

Darknight

"I'd buy that for a dollar!"
Oct 25, 2017
Ah so you need the $180 or whatever up front

Yes, it's a one time promo conversion. You can redeem as much or as little as you want but you only get to do it one time and you can do a maximum of 36 months in a one time conversion. But for the price of 3 games, you're getting 3 years of access to hundreds of games including every Microsoft and probably Bethesda games too.

Kevin360

OG Direct OP
Oct 25, 2017
MAKE SURE YOU DO NOT FORGET TO OPT OUT OF THE FREE MONTH (WITH RECURRING PAYMENT) SO YOU DO NOT GO OVER 36 MONTHS.

Sorry for all caps. It's important.

ThatNerdGUI

Prophet of Truth
Mar 19, 2020
I supposedly got an order from Gamestop but to this time I have not received any confirmation email. Anyone else has experienced this?

Oct 27, 2017
Hmm. don't think I can go verticle w/ the Series X. bottom of my tv stand has about 12 inches. Can't move the glass partition up any more as well.

Funky_Monkey

Oct 31, 2017
MAKE SURE YOU DO NOT FORGET TO OPT OUT OF THE FREE MONTH (WITH RECURRING PAYMENT) SO YOU DO NOT GO OVER 36 MONTHS.

Sorry for all caps. It's important.
Lol. I did not do this when I got my son a 1X last Christmas. Had to wait till March before I could convert it over. Was worried they would stop the promotion.😀

SRTtoZ

Dec 8, 2017
I'm guessing the random Preorder button on the Best Buy consoles are people who's orders get cancelled or credit cards authorization gets declined. It's happened to me before when I placed an order using my BB card and then some time later says it can't be authorized and I have to call customer service to fix it. I think as long as you've locked in a Best Buy order you're good to go.

Ryuelli

Oct 26, 2017
Is there any way to check if you've subbed to gamepass before? I've barely used my One S (really just picked one up so I'd have something to play Red Dead Redemption 2 on and then I also played through Sunset Overdrive) and genuinely don't know if I've signed up for a free month of game pass in the past.

Edit: nvm, just found it on microsoft accounts. Looks like I have. Oh well. 🤷‍♂️

breakfuss

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
So I've finally enabled alerts for Wario64 after years of following him. Not fucking around anymore. It sure is a lot of alerts though, sigh.

Reached checkout at both Best Buy and Target several times and both shit the bed on me. I was at work unfortunately and couldn't devote more time than I already had trying to get the thing to go through 😩. I mean I was focused yall. Outlook closed, in the breakroom on my laptop feverishly refreshing and STILL struck out. I did get out on a waiting list at GameStop but they made me preorder a game lol. They are so scandalous and I'm sure it doesn't even increase my chances. Congrats to those who got one!

Oct 28, 2017
Less than two days now until preorders start in Japan, no indication of where they will be available or from what time. Their Twitter hasn't posted anything since the 18th and nothing relevant for a few days prior to that. I can only assume they will announce something at or alongside the TGS conference which would be very last-minute and out of step with their approach everywhere else.

skeptem

Oct 25, 2017
ended up getting a Series S from BB but really wanted to trade in my OneS towards it. I guess I could just sell it come launch time.

Oct 27, 2017
Less than two days now until preorders start in Japan, no indication of where they will be available or from what time. Their Twitter hasn't posted anything since the 18th and nothing relevant for a few days prior to that. I can only assume they will announce something at or alongside the TGS conference which would be very last-minute and out of step with their approach everywhere else.
If the Bethesda announcement is any indication, we may be in for a big surprise.

Deleted member 35618

Dec 7, 2017
Does anyone know if the current Play & Charge battery pack is compatible with the new controller? I would love to save money and just buy a USB-C cable.

cgpartlow

Oct 27, 2017
Seattle, WA
So I've finally enabled alerts for Wario64 after years of following him. Not fucking around anymore. It sure is a lot of alerts though, sigh.

Reached checkout at both Best Buy and Target several times and both shit the bed on me. I was at work unfortunately and couldn't devote more time than I already had trying to get the thing to go through 😩. I mean I was focused yall. Outlook closed, in the breakroom on my laptop feverishly refreshing and STILL struck out. I did get out on a waiting list at GameStop but they made me preorder a game lol. They are so scandalous and I'm sure it doesn't even increase my chances. Congrats to those who got one!
I had a Series X in my target cart at 8:00am but I could never get the checkout to work. Kept erroring out after putting in my red card pin. Best Buy kept popping up through out the day but I could never add to cart. Pretty bummed. The Xbox Store and Amazon never even worked or loaded for me. Eventually I had to just go to work.

Oct 27, 2017

Ramirez

Oct 26, 2017
Why didn't Amazon ever put up their Series S? Glad I didn't wait around refreshing all day for that, lol.