EJS

The Fallen
The Fallen
Oct 31, 2017
Doesn't Amazon do a payment plan for items? Does that require a line of credit?

Voodoopeople

Oct 29, 2017
Can someone be a bro and help catch me up to speed. The latest Zenimax and GamePass stuff have put me over the edge for an X. I managed to get two PS5 preorders and now want to get an X (I might sell a PS5 at msrp for an X?).

Question 1:
If I want to do the $35/month thing for the X, is that ONLY possible via Microsoft's website?

Question 2:
Work pulled me away during preorders, are there expectations for any more to go up before release?

Welcome aboard. Remember though, if buying a single X, don't ask for OneX.

NeptunePirate

Nov 1, 2017
Albion
Alright, I think I'm finally set up to go all in on Xbox for next gen. I locked in my Series X preorder through Microsoft. Then I have a blue controller and a 1TB expansion card through Best Buy. The wait is going to kill me, lol.

Deleted member 7148

Oct 25, 2017
Wario64 the best place to watch for alerts of pre-orders opening up?

Dude is a ninja on these deals. I don't even know if that guy sleeps. Thanks to him I was able to snag a PS5 at Target and a Ring Fit Adventure at the end of the Spring.

ZeroDS

"This guy are sick"
The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
So after a massive blunder on my part (getting a series x order, then accidentally cancelling it on Amazon) Rakuten Books is my only hope...don't suppose anyone else is going for one there?

Heysoos

Prophet of Truth
Nov 3, 2017
Soooooooo.... I got a random email from Microsoft telling me I forgot something in my cart and that I should go finish my checkout. There's still an Xbox Series X there lol. It's letting me go through checkout. 🤔

Deleted member 22750

Oct 28, 2017
can someone answer this for me

I won the Elite V2 so I have the charging station

do I need to buy a play and new charge kit for the new XSX controller.

will it charge on that base is what im asking

I have a play and charge from this gen is it compatible with the new controllers?

ryan299

Oct 25, 2017
Soooooooo.... I got a random email from Microsoft telling me I forgot something in my cart and that I should go finish my checkout. There's still an Xbox Series X there lol. It's letting me go through checkout. 🤔
Wait really? I can't go through checkout. The cart says I have nothing in it but when I open it i have an X and the extended warranty. I get an error when clicking place order though.

Loud Wrong

Feb 24, 2020
Canceled my Target Xbox S and PS5 disc orders to free them up for other people. Betting on Amazon to deliver a Xbox X and PS5 digital on time. I hope they don't go 0 for 2 at least.

RoKKeR

Oct 25, 2017
Same! Lol. I ordered one through Amazon but that was a surprise to me.

cyrribrae

Chicken Chaser
Jan 21, 2019
This. Probably just a plain tan cloth bag maybe with Amazon written on it lol. Think it's just a way for them to break the item into different SKU's to make it easier on the system when ordering hot items.
Lol that's... a way to do it XD. Did they really expect their servers to get hammered that hard in Japan, though? I'm shocked they didn't do that in the US, then...

OR DID THEY SABOTAGE THE XBOX PREORDERS BECAUSE THEY WERE LAUNCHING LUNA?!

*preorders tinfoil hat*

cyrribrae

Chicken Chaser
Jan 21, 2019
can someone answer this for me

I won the Elite V2 so I have the charging station

do I need to buy a play and new charge kit for the new XSX controller.

will it charge on that base is what im asking

I have a play and charge from this gen is it compatible with the new controllers?
Yea, it's compatible. Isn't it just an enclosure for 2 AA batteries anyway? But yea, it should work just fine. The outside shell is a little bit smaller, but all the parts should be essentially the same size. Edit: I just thought again about what you're asking, and NO. They are not compatible. Elite has an internal battery. The other controllers do not. You will need a kit if you want to do it. But a few rechargeable batteries is IMO the better solution anyway. Up to you, though.

Your V2 should still be the better controller though, btw. They're patching in the Dynamic Latency Input (which lowers input lag) into existing controllers in a firmware update later this year, and they already have the hybrid d-pad. So the only thing you're "missing" is the share button.. So... if you like your Elite, you can just stick with that.

Bugalugs214

Banned
Nov 26, 2017
Hey is there a limit on getting an S and an X from the MS store? I've already got an X but wanna get an S for my kids room.

SpottieO

Oct 25, 2017
I know I'm totally late on the train but my wife said I could get a preorder for the Series X 😃 Now to see if I can find one in the US... might have to wait until another round.

TurboHoodie

Oct 27, 2017
Another know if another round of Xbox Series X preorders are going to occur? I'd trade my Amazon Ps5 preorder for an XBSX preorder right now.

MinusTydus

The Fallen
Jul 28, 2018
Dear God, it's infuriating! Target has the damn PRE-ORDER button lit up, but of course it doesn't do anything. When did suddenly every website stop functioning normally? If you don't have it, then stop pretending that you do.

RumHam

Alt Account
Banned
Feb 12, 2019
sorry I know this is the wrong thread but is there a ps5 version of this thread? a quick search turned up nothing

Oct 27, 2017
sorry I know this is the wrong thread but is there a ps5 version of this thread? a quick search turned up nothing
www.resetera.com

PlayStation 5 - Pre-Order |OT| Don't Break Your F5 Key OT

Pre-Order Information: Pre-orders will *officially* open on September 17th at select retailers globally, but some have gone live already. Launch: November 12th, 2020 – US, Japan, Canada, Mexico, Australia, New Zealand, South Korea November 19th, 2020 – Rest of the World* including Europe...

RumHam

Alt Account
Banned
Feb 12, 2019

AndrewDean84

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Fontana, California
Anyone that preordered the Xbox series x|s from the Microsoft Store:

Does your order show up in your order history? Mine doesn't.

I did get a confirmation email with an order number. I can view the order by clicking on the link in my email though.
So I called Microsoft to make sure my preorder did go through. The person that helped me had way too thick of an accent to understand 100%. I'm pretty sure she confirmed my order did go through, but it didn't sound like she understood why my order wasn't showing up in my order history. She seemed confident that because I had a confirmation email with an order number, I should be good.

I am keeping both my preorders, just in case. So if everything is golden, and my brothers preorder doesn't fall through, I'll keep one and sell my second one to one of you guys.

Oct 27, 2017
No problem. Been watching both threads actually.

Personally, been kinda fun reading since I got my Xbox Series X pre-ordered and seeing them sell out insanely quick. May sound mean though.

But I've been trying to help others get to a site that has them in-stock so they can get one. Been unsuccessful though.

Lkr

Oct 28, 2017
Dear God, it's infuriating! Target has the damn PRE-ORDER button lit up, but of course it doesn't do anything. When did suddenly every website stop functioning normally? If you don't have it, then stop pretending that you do.
The key to my target experience was to just spam clicking it until it added to cart. Repeat at the place order button. I never even got an order success page but got a confirmation email and have a valid order status to check.
Best of luck though!

RumHam

Alt Account
Banned
Feb 12, 2019
No problem. Been watching both threads actually.

Personally, been kinda fun reading since I got my Xbox Series X pre-ordered and seeing them sell out insanely quick. May sound mean though.

But I've been trying to help others get to a site that has them in-stock so they can get one. Been unsuccessful though.
I'm actually in the same boat sorta. Trying to help my brother get a console

Baked Pigeon

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Phoenix
I preordered my Series X through the MS store, and also preordered the 1tb SSD from Beat Buy. $238 after tax is really expensive for storage but it will be nice to have.

SRTtoZ

Dec 8, 2017
It's not a change of heart really. My wife and I both game and she preordered her Ps5 through another retailer. She now wants us to get both! So the search begins...

Yep. Feels good when you have both so you never feel left out from all the games that are out there. I have an extra Amazon PS5 too, which I'm holding incase Best Buy doesn't come through. I also told a friend he can buy it from me if he wants which it sounds like he does. I think in the next few weeks some Xbox Series X and PS5 orders will open up. Not many but some.

I'm still gonna keep an eye out for a Series X through All Access which is what I wanted from the get go. I have one ordered on BB but I really would love that low monthly payment instead of shelling out over $1000 the week of Nov 10th.

Oct 27, 2017
I preordered my Series X through the MS store, and also preordered the 1tb SSD from Beat Buy. $238 after tax is really expensive for storage but it will be nice to have.
I'm going to wait on the expansion card. Think I mentioned it before on this thread but I got that seagate xbox one external driver already so all the XBO games will be on that and Xbox Series X games on the SSD.

SRTtoZ

Dec 8, 2017

I grabbed one too just incase it sold out but I might cancel it leading up to launch. It's a nice luxury sure but I made do just fine with the 1TB with the Pro and One X and I have great Fios internet so it doesn't bother me to delete a game and have to re-download it. I do love the sexy tech though of having a 1TB SSD in a small form factor like that that just plugs in easy. I'm a sucker for that shit.

Baked Pigeon

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Phoenix
I grabbed one too just incase it sold out but I might cancel it leading up to launch. It's a nice luxury sure but I made do just fine with the 1TB with the Pro and One X and I have great Fios internet so it doesn't bother me to delete a game and have to re-download it. I do love the sexy tech though of having a 1TB SSD in a small form factor like that that just plugs in easy. I'm a sucker for that shit.

I think the built in SSD will be just fine with an external plugged in, but I'm also a sucker for tech 😆.