DirtyLarry

Oct 27, 2017
Both my XBox X and PS5 preorders on Amazon are now saying they will arrive on launch day. Nice as I was a little worried there I had not done either quick enough.

BAD

Oct 25, 2017
USA
Sad I never was able to order after getting approved for All Access. Will end up with just keeping my Amazon order at least.

Darknight

"I'd buy that for a dollar!"
Oct 25, 2017
Best Buy charged me for my Series X and Expansion Card in-store pickup preorders at like 3am today!

Both order statuses have changed to "Preparing for Pickup on Tuesday" as well.

Ya, mine just got charged this morning too. This isn't normal for Best Buy to process in store pick ups this early so I'm surprised. They must be setting them aside right now which is why everyone is getting charged. Usually it's a couple days at the earliest. It's pleasant to know that everything is now set and there's nothing to worry about anymore though.

Target is now saying November 16th for my SSD Expansion, and a range of November 11th to the 16th for my Series X. Ah well, whatever. There aren't any SX exclusive games to dive into day one, anyways. Waiting a few days isn't the end of the world.

Still kind of shitty though.

Ignore the date, their date listings don't have much in terms of reality. Did yours ship yet? Mine shipped yesterday and it shows Nov 16th. I highly doubt it's going to take that long to get here even if Target is slow with ground shipping.

Nameless

Oct 25, 2017
Looks like people are starting to see some traction on their Amazon orders. *checks mine*

4195ecc6d5ea4c1d2a2f82595db540e4e3f3de44_00.gif

CyberWarrior

Oct 29, 2018
Heads Up for those who ordered from Target
(MODS or Someone Please Post it for PS5 as well)

So, I decided to give a call to a friend who works at Target to see what's up and explained my pre-order. This is what she knows (also this MAYBE a YMMV, but she is sure as sugar that it applies to ALL Target distribution centers):
  • Target is finalizing orders for the consoles (PS5 and Xbox), and that BOTH Payment and Shipping will take place ON the launch days of the consoles respective release dates, so for Xbox they will charge and ship on November 10th, and you will get it sometime between then and the 20ths MAX. If you ordered a PS5, you'll get charged on November 15th, and it will ship that day too, and you SHOULD get it between then and the 25th MAX.
  • She also mentioned the reason they are shipping pre-orders on Launch day and not before like most retailers is because they want to see how much consoles they will have to allocate for those who will buy them normally and didn't snag a pre-order. As a result, she thinks that there might be even less consoles to buy at launch, seeing they will only sell them online or for in-store pick up.
  • They got all the accessories, so they should be shipped by this or next week max. Those came before the consoles. According to her, they are still waiting on shipments for consoles via in-store pick up for her store as well, and haven't made a finalized number as of yet. Overall, its quite a mess according to her compared to previous launches (she says the PS4 and Xbox ONE launches were leagues better than this).
Anyways, that's what I know. Talking with her clamed me a bit, but it seems that IF you want a Xbox or PS5 at launch, you might want to reconsider for Target at least. Otherwise, if you can wait, you should be enjoying them by the 20th of this month MAX. But she also said that if you receive nothing by then, then you should panic as it means your order is missing.
Hope this helps, cheers lads!

Deleted member 17092

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm thinking my amazon order is just screwy because I don't have prime. I expect I'll still get it by the end of next week. Amazon says expected delivery Nov 17-24

Oct 27, 2017
Las Vegas

So, I decided to give a call to a friend who works at Target to see what's up and explained my pre-order. This is what she knows (also this MAYBE a YMMV, but she is sure as sugar that it applies to ALL Target distribution centers):
  • Target is finalizing orders for the consoles (PS5 and Xbox), and that BOTH Payment and Shipping will take place ON the launch days of the consoles respective release dates, so for Xbox they will charge and ship on November 10th, and you will get it sometime between then and the 20ths MAX. If you ordered a PS5, you'll get charged on November 15th, and it will ship that day too, and you SHOULD get it between then and the 25th MAX.
  • She also mentioned the reason they are shipping pre-orders on Launch day and not before like most retailers is because they want to see how much consoles they will have to allocate for those who will buy them normally and didn't snag a pre-order. As a result, she thinks that there might be even less consoles to buy at launch, seeing they will only sell them online or for in-store pick up.
  • They got all the accessories, so they should be shipped by this or next week max. Those came before the consoles. According to her, they are still waiting on shipments for consoles via in-store pick up for her store as well, and haven't made a finalized number as of yet. Overall, its quite a mess according to her compared to previous launches (she says the PS4 and Xbox ONE launches were leagues better than this).
Anyways, that's what I know. Talking with her clamed me a bit, but it seems that IF you want a Xbox or PS5 at launch, you might want to reconsider for Target at least. Otherwise, if you can wait, you should be enjoying them by the 20th of this month MAX. But she also said that if you receive nothing by then, then you should panic as it means your order is missing.

Not surprising, a similar thing happened when I preordered my One X from there and I didn't get it until about a week later.

Wish I could get it on launch but I have too many discounts from Target to go another direction.

UnsungKing

Dec 31, 2019
So in case anyone was freaking out like me; I called the MS store support and they have been getting lots of calls on this apparently. They told me mine won't ship till the 9th and have overnight shipping and they won't charge till it ships.

My Amazon one got pushed back to Nov. 24th. No clue why haha.

Oct 25, 2017

Good to know thanks for the info. I assumed they would ship on launch, charge on launch is interesting. Wonder if it'll be like 12:01 am or 4 am or what

Prophet Five

Pundeath Knight
Nov 11, 2017
The Great Dark Beyond
So in case anyone was freaking out like me; I called the MS store support and they have been getting lots of calls on this apparently. They told me mine won't ship till the 9th and have overnight shipping and they won't charge till it ships.

My Amazon one got pushed back to Nov. 24th. No clue why haha.

oh god - now I want to check mine but I'm scared.

DaveB

Oct 25, 2017
New Hampshire, USA
Ya, mine just got charged this morning too. This isn't normal for Best Buy to process in store pick ups this early so I'm surprised. They must be setting them aside right now which is why everyone is getting charged. Usually it's a couple days at the earliest. It's pleasant to know that everything is now set and there's nothing to worry about anymore though.

Ignore the date, their date listings don't have much in terms of reality. Did yours ship yet? Mine shipped yesterday and it shows Nov 16th. I highly doubt it's going to take that long to get here even if Target is slow with ground shipping.
Nope, hasn't shipped yet. My order date was 11am EST on Sept. 22nd, FWIW. When was yours?

Mxlegend99

May 20, 2018
Got my shipping info from the MS store earlier today. Anyone know what DHL Australia does if you're not home when they attempt delivery?

Chances are I will be at work. Australia Post would leave a card and take it to nearest post office. Which is easiest for me. But some couriers will only leave cards for redelivery which doesn't work. Or require you to go pick it up from their depot which is sometimes a long drive.

Garrison

Oct 27, 2017
So glad right now. Got the confirmation email and order was shipped. Now to wait until Nov 10. 5 days let's goooo

Flavius

Oct 28, 2017
Orlando, FL
In Central Florida...just got my notification from MS Store about half an hour ago that my XSX has shipped. Awwwwww yeah!!

And by shipped I mean of course that it's sitting in a warehouse in Tennessee and will be shipped overnight on release.

Milly79

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Should I be worried my Amazon order still says order received?

I ordered it within 3m of Era saying it was live.

diablo900t

Oct 27, 2017
Tampa, FL
In Central Florida...just got my notification from MS Store about half an hour ago that my XSX has shipped. Awwwwww yeah!!

And by shipped I mean of course that it's sitting in a warehouse in Tennessee and will be shipped overnight on release.

Gulf coast here! Got my shipping notification as well.

Coming from Louisville, KY but even says on tracking status that it won't be delivered until the 10th. Unrealistically hoping it falls through the cracks and I get an early delivery!

sith ewok

Oct 31, 2017
If true that target is definitely waiting until launch day to ship, that really sucks. I have preordered multiple consoles from target and they've never handled it that way. I got the ps4 pro from them the day before release date. Very frustrated that I was unable to secure a preorder anywhere else at this point.

Nameless

Oct 25, 2017
I was working when pre-orders went live, so I stopped after securing one through Amazon instead of fighting for a Plan B/C elsewhere

17925cdfc429cc7551e6c2ffdcde4f1e

AndrewDean84

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Fontana, California
I got an email saying this:

Hello

Thank you for shopping with us on Tuesday, September 22, 2020. Unfortunately, we aren't able to authorize the selected way to pay for your Microsoft order.

Pick another way to pay to make sure your order isn't canceled.

We look forward to getting this order to you!

The card used was my debit account with thousands of dollars in it. Oh hell no!

I changed my payment to the same exact card, and now my card shows it was charged $538 from MICROSOFT*XBOX MSBILL.INFO.

My order history still only says "Pre-ordered"

Vanillalite

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If true that target is definitely waiting until launch day to ship, that really sucks. I have preordered multiple consoles from target and they've never handled it that way. I got the ps4 pro from them the day before release date. Very frustrated that I was unable to secure a preorder anywhere else at this point.

I just wish they'd clearly communicate on this front. Like just let your customers know what the heck is up already.