105-Shake

Aug 13, 2020
So, in that video that the guy showed Monster Hunter load time, it was apparent that the TV connected to the Series X was debutting better colours than the one connected to the One X. Is that a side-product of the Auto-HDR for BC games? Or just different TV's at different configurations?

Different viewing angles. Both tv's are the same, but in some tv's the color changes quite a bit in different viewing angles.

I wouldn't read too much into it as it might also be a byproduct of the video's color grading.

Bucéfalo

Banned
May 29, 2020
Load times are not noticeable improving what we see on PC with generic SSDs or even PS4 pro / One X with SSD. Quiet underwhelming.

On the other hand, quick resume is a great feature, I love it.

Improved Framerates are neither impressive, just what was expected.

I don't know, but these next gen conseoes seem just like you are replacing your PC GPU and HDD, like upgrading your PC parts, instead of a true jump like older gens.

What next gen exclusive games are going to have the consoles? Only Demons Souls? Flight Simulator, too, right? Those two are the only impressive things seen up to now, I guess we'll have to wait and see how they are going to play on 12th november and 10th november.

Darknight

"I'd buy that for a dollar!"
Oct 25, 2017
I would love to see what the load times now are in Jedi Fallen Order. The load times in that game were painful, especially when fighting bosses.

aevanhoe

Slayer of the Eternal Voidslurper
Aug 28, 2018
No one tested GTA5 or GTA:O?

It's one of the things I'm most excited for next gen. Being able to load into races and events quickly in GTA.

Not that your opinion is not valid - but GTA V is what you're most excited for next gen? An Xbox 360/PS3 game is what you're most excited for?

Wow. Talk about everlasting.

Total Cereal

Oct 28, 2017
One thing I'm really curious to see is if the SSD will help when downloading games. When I moved last year I got access to gigabit internet, but downloads cap out at about 200mbps on my One X to my USB 3.0 SSD. I assume that this is due to write speed limits on the SSD, so I'd really like to see if downloading to a PCIe4 SSD will help speed the downloads up.

Androidsleeps

Oct 27, 2017
I've avoided FF15 largely because of the load times (my daughter was playing it and it seemed like half the time I saw her playing, she was waiting on a load screen).

Also, 2+ minutes for RDR2?! Is that a one-time thing? If it's not, I can't imagine liking a game enough to sit through that. And I'm also shocked that it didn't get docked in reviews for the load times.
That 2 minute load time cannot be the normal time! I played the game on a base console and yes it takes a while to load but not 2 minutes.

Deleted member 35071

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 1, 2017
from The Verge

destiny2menu.gif
im sold

Xpider_MX

Aug 13, 2020
México
Load times are not noticeable improving what we see on PC with generic SSDs or even PS4 pro / One X with SSD. Quiet underwhelming.

On the other hand, quick resume is a great feature, I love it.

Improved Framerates are neither impressive, just what was expected.

I don't know, but these next gen conseoes seem just like you are replacing your PC GPU and HDD, like upgrading your PC parts, instead of a true jump like older gens.

I'm sure we don't have that loading times with Xbox One X with SSD.

What next gen exclusive games are going to have the consoles? Only Demons Souls? Flight Simulator, too, right? Those two are the only impressive things seen up to now, I guess we'll have to wait and see how they are going to play on 12th november and 10th november.

Optimized for Series X:

- The Medium
- AC: Valhalla
- Gears Tactics
- Ori
- Gears 5
- Forza Horizon 4
- Sea of Thieves

And a lot more.

VeePs

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
No one tested GTA5 or GTA:O?

It's one of the things I'm most excited for next gen. Being able to load into races and events quickly in GTA.

Initial loading times for GTA should be faster, but I'm not sure how fast online event load times will change. From my limited understanding online connection plays a big role in that, plus it's cross platform.

With that said we'll probably see the difference soon.

Fredrik

Oct 27, 2017
While this is great it gets me thinking that MS is lucky that nobody is showing the PS5... I fully expect to see 1-5 second load times on games there.

platocplx

2020 Member Elect
Oct 30, 2017
While this is great it gets me thinking that MS is lucky that nobody is showing the PS5... I fully expect to see 1-5 second load times on games there.
I dont think that will be the case for BC games, But the times might be reduced a bit further that how these BC games are but there is a lot that goes into Loading etc. This is really good esp when in game that destiny one shows how much better it is lol.

tutomos

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yes, by an order of magnitude.

I had a SSD hooked up to my X and it only made a few seconds difference in most games. Limited IO bandwidth combined with the Jaguar CPU bottlenecked any advantages.
A Samsung SSD in 2018 already can achieve about 40 seconds in Red Dead vs 38 seconds for Series X.
www.youtube.com

Red Dead Redemption 2 - SSD vs HDD Load Times - XBOX One X

How fast does Red Dead Redemption 2 load from an SSD compared to the internal HDD on an XBOX One XBoth videos were captured from a cold boot of the XBOX One ...

Bucéfalo

Banned
May 29, 2020

Of course we have them:

@arsene_P5

It is PS4 PRO, but I asume is the same for One X.

I think that both MS and Sony have been marketing this new changes so badly, when they are just providing something that has been out there for years.

I'm still optimistic because future third party games are going to be (finally) developed considering a SSD as the baseline, but next gen consoles, so far, are no more than the usual PC parts upgrade.

The Albatross

Oct 25, 2017
red dead load time man that's some shit

That 2 minute load time cannot be the normal time! I played the game on a base console and yes it takes a while to load but not 2 minutes.

Nah that's about right. Sometimes it's longer. It depends on the area of the map that you're loading into usually, but it can range in the 2-3 minute.

I still obsessively play RDR2, I've spent many nights staring at the spinning gun

A Samsung SSD in 2018 already can achieve about 40 seconds in Red Dead vs 38 seconds for Series X.
www.youtube.com

Red Dead Redemption 2 - SSD vs HDD Load Times - XBOX One X

How fast does Red Dead Redemption 2 load from an SSD compared to the internal HDD on an XBOX One XBoth videos were captured from a cold boot of the XBOX One ...

The video you shared shows a load time of 1min 13secs on Xbox One X + Samsung SSD.

Dunlop

Oct 25, 2017
I'm predicating here that load times will suddenly become a much more important metric for that reason. As you are aware games like Destiny 2 already boot that fast in Stadia lol.

Seriously though, I hate load times so this is a gift

Spirited

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
I don't think BC-games will magically get so short load times, even on the faster ps5. Just from my experience with faster nvme ssd's on pc.

Oct 30, 2017
I mean maybe.. the SX is demonstrating faster load times than a X1X with an SSD.

So the SX is making better use of the drive for old games. It's not clear how well the PS5 will make use of the SSD on average for old games. I have to imagine the results will be comparable. But I don't expect significantly better.

Bucéfalo

Banned
May 29, 2020
This video starts with the game already loaded to the main menu, which shaves off a big chunk of time.

That doens't invalidate at all the point, difference is minimal.

Sony and MS are going full marketing with this one.

Don't get me wrong, both are fantastic piece of hardware with great price and great games, but they are selling some miracoulous features that are not such.

Mareg

Jul 18, 2018
Hehe we actually have a race now. A loading speed race. Will be interesting to see comparisons.

Garrison

Oct 27, 2017
No Man's Sky, would love to see how the the game runs in both modes with the framerate unlocked on XSX.
Same here. That game will run very nice.

Isn't like almost NONE of these games even optimized for the Series X? Watching Austin Evans Video he mentioned that. So this is not "the fastest" these games can load. Doesn't matter to me much because I'm more than happy with what I'm seeing already.

Fredrik

Oct 27, 2017
I'm predicating here that load times will suddenly become a much more important metric for that reason. As you are aware games like Destiny 2 already boot that fast in Stadia lol.

Seriously though, I hate load times so this is a gift
lol so very true, Stadia fans are going to be so very annoying for certain people ;)

bushmonkey

Oct 29, 2017
Poor No Man's Sky, I hope Hello Games delivers a next-gen patch soon 😅
No man sky doesn't really download heavy art files. If you look at the game size, it's tiny. This load time is actually crunching numbers for the procedural generation which is CPU-bound and I'm guessing the CPU is in emulation mode for BC games so I'm not surprised by this.

Loud Wrong

Feb 24, 2020
That is really impressive. Only a little over a month to go.

What are you basing this absurd supposition on? If a high end PC isn't loading a game like Destiny faster than this, why would the PS5?

platocplx

2020 Member Elect
Oct 30, 2017

Optimized for Series X:

- The Medium
- AC: Valhalla
- Gears Tactics
- Ori
- Gears 5
- Forza Horizon 4
- Sea of Thieves

And a lot more.
those arent next gen exclusive. IE just made for the new console only. like demon souls.