• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/XboxSeries...box_series_x_logo_trademarked_from_microsoft/

Microsoft has trademarked what seems to be the logo for Xbox Series X.

Filed on April 16, the treatment follows a similar style to the Xbox One X and S logos. The X, in particular, differs from the title treatments we've seen for the upcoming console before.

EWMaRp7UEAAAIPq.jpg

143362.jpg

I think the inverted one below looks better. Hopefully that's what we're actually in-store for and not the top one.

Last edited:

Shoichi

Jan 10, 2018
That is definitely a different logo...

i rather have the more basic look they went with for this past generation

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
reminds me of a kind of logo I'd see in a mall on a clothing store

"dude let's get Orange Julius and swing by the Series X."

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
Bah, the whole name is still such a terrible idea imo. I don't understand how they can do most everything right and still pick something so stupid.

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
Looks fine, they kinda had to make something like this to differentiate Series X and Series S in branding.

Gay Bowser

Oct 30, 2017
Oh boy. That's so bland and shitty. It seems such a poor effort from MS.

I don't think this is the logo. I think it's more likely to just be an icon to indicate compatibility on game boxes, like the "Xbox One X Enhanced" lockup.

I think the real logo is the one we've seen all along, the one with the Xbox orb symbol and the "XBOX" text in a vertical lockup with "SERIES X" as a subtitle.

Deleted member 51848

Jan 10, 2019
haha - this cannot be real. I mean *insert A team logo here*

Shoichi

Jan 10, 2018
I wish they just decided to make the X a complete X. Not like it was made using a stencil...

Delaney

Oct 25, 2017
The gap separating the second, cut-off X line is way too big. All your attention goes to the upper right corner.

G_Zero

alt account
Banned
Mar 19, 2019
It's amazing to me how they can be so on-top of hardware design, and then release a logo like this. Presuming that it is indeed intended to actually be used, and not some kind of mistake.

Both the Switch and PS5 logos are so much better, IMO.

Bear and bird

Oct 27, 2017
Can't say I like it.

It looks more like a descriptive tag to me. Like something you'd put on the back boxart to indicate which platforms it will run on.

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
a Series S logo wouldn't work upward and sideways like this one

Shoichi

Jan 10, 2018
It's real for those that don't believe it is. The trademark website doesn't lie

trademarks.justia.com

SERIES X Trademark Application of Microsoft Corporation - Serial Number 88875546 :: Justia Trademarks

Downloadable video and computer game programs; downloadable and recorded software for operating game controllers; electronic devices, namely, computer hardware for accessing global computer and communication networks; computer hardware and peripherals. Accent lights for indoor use; lighting...

MrCibb

Dec 12, 2018
UK
Seeing it vertically too, I see what they're going for. Don't personally mind it, it's alright. Just a plain logo.

Legacy

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Nah, not sure I believe that's the actual logo. Looks too basic