• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Nov 8, 2017
From Pelochoman

SkhNonp.jpg

This is the way to use it. Looks fitting.

Black_Stride

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
These look great, though I have to make a bit of effort trying not to read XBOXIX and XBOXIS. I can see them going this route, though stating that some padding must be left between console model and brand.

Yeah true
I also really like the idea of it being under the Xbox family logo instead of right next to it.
Because the small text series does actually look like an I.

Lughost30 made some really cool concepts for packaging. ^^
They look so premium im now more sold on the minimalist look im fully on board.
Why try hard when you got this.
All your favorite brands and powerful companies have minimalistic logos why people were expecting somthing super elaborate is beyond me.

eb51.jpeg

TsuWave

Oct 27, 2017
Ugly?
15530.jpg

Out of curiosity what would constitute a good logo then?
IF this is outright ugly, i dont want to guess what some of the monstrosities out there get rated as.
So yeah what do you think is a good logo?

Yes, ugly.

I'm not a graphic designer, I don't know what would constitute a good logo, I do know what I find appealing. This logo is not it.

A logo I think is good is the Switch logo.

Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles
okay i read the whole thread and i'm really not understanding the drama here. every time someone points out that this is most likely a compatibility signifier designed for the back of the box or the top right of the front and not taking over the actual X orb logo they get ignored and people go back to comparing the two or locking them up together? i don't know. it's fine. you're probably never going to see it if you don't buy physical games and this being turned into news outside of any sort of context is kind of a reach / an invitation for console LOGO wars which i didn't even know could be a thing

Garjon

Oct 27, 2017
It's really ugly, but I doubt it'd matter in the grand scheme of things. It'll be interesting to see the disk packaging, not sure how they'll mix the green and black.

Deleted member 56752

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
May 15, 2019
It's really ugly, but I doubt it'd matter in the grand scheme of things. It'll be interesting to see the disk packaging, not sure how they'll mix the green and black.
I honestly don't think it moves the needle one way or the other, which is the mark of a good logo to me. It feels like they focus group tested it 500 times and this is the one that just didn't move the needle for anyone so they took it

Garjon

Oct 27, 2017
I honestly don't think it moves the needle one way or the other, which is the mark of a good logo to me. It feels like they focus group tested it 500 times and this is the one that just didn't move the needle for anyone so they took it
Really? I'd strongly argue that being bold and striking for a company that is looking to reverse the mindshare is far more important than being bland and outdated. Like I said, it won't make much difference, but it's not exactly going to grab people.

Deleted member 56752

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
May 15, 2019
Really? I'd strongly argue that being bold and striking for a company that is looking to reverse the mindshare is far more important than being bland and outdated. Like I said, it won't make much difference, but it's not exactly going to grab people.
The ps5 logo is literally the same logo as ps4 again. It doesn't matter at all, so long as it isn't grotesque. This isn't that

Garjon

Oct 27, 2017
The ps5 logo is literally the same logo as ps4 again. It doesn't matter at all, so long as it isn't grotesque. This isn't that
The PS5 is very much on top right now, changing the logo too much could be a bad thing in terms of retaining mindshare. MS is the opposite.

But again, it matters little in the long run.

Deleted member 18944

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017

the best logos are the most recognizable. Lots of folks here calling it ugly and bland don't seem to grasp that its objectively not ugly and just about every logo for every big company is 2-3 colors and simplistic.