leng jai

Nov 2, 2017
The communication has been atrocious for the 4K 360 enhancements since I made the thread praising them to the high heavens for it. Hopefully we'll see some very soon like Halo Reach and Lost Odyssey.

SnatcherHunter

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I have heard nothing to suggest MS is going to stop enhancing BCttitles. This seems like wild speculation, nothing more. This is definitely a selling point of the X, don't forget.

Well, I am not sure either. To be honest, if we don't hear anything by November, then I will certainly lose any hope.
The 360 X enhanced games were all amazing on the Xbox. I think it even pushed tons of sales for many games like RDR. You would think MS would have some type of schedule or at least mention them?

Valcrist

Tic-Tac-Toe Champion
Oct 25, 2017
The communication has been atrocious for the 4K 360 enhancements since I made the thread praising them to the high heavens for it. Hopefully we'll see some very soon like Halo Reach and Lost Odyssey.
I need Lost Odyssey, Blue Dragon and Ninja Gaiden 2(+BC for this game) enhanced in my life.

Remo Williams

Self-requested ban
Banned
Jan 13, 2018
Yeah, I really hate when devs try to just brute force 4k/higher resolutions for just... reasons.

It's infuriating. Sure, it will be ironed out on next gen hardware, but a more aggressive dynamic resolution solution would also maximize the results on next gen hardware, while providing a better experience now.

litebrite

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The communication will be when they announce them. No communication means there's nothing to be announced. There has never been anything beyond that.

Equanimity

Oct 27, 2017
London
Almost done with Shadow of the Tomb Raider. The 1X struggles big time in the hub areas in both modes, the last one you get to is screen tear galore. Outside of that it's mostly fine but I expected a lot better. I wonder if the PS4 Pro is locked 30 in the hub areas considering DF said it barely ever dips.

Yeah, I had my One X set to High Framerate, and it visibly tanked in towns, it must have gone from around 60 to hovering in the 30s. Just walking aorund brought it to a crawl, and the screen tearing was brutal.

For comparison, here's the hidden city hub running on PS4 Pro:

kc44135

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
Wait, so Shadow of the Tomb Raider is worse on One X than Pro? Even in Framerate mode??? I thought DF said it was near locked 60, and it was Pro that had drops?

Psychotron

Oct 26, 2017
Wait, so Shadow of the Tomb Raider is worse on One X than Pro? Even in Framerate mode??? I thought DF said it was near locked 60, and it was Pro that had drops?

Frame rate mode is better on X but it's not even close to locked 60 unless you're in a small area. Overall, the smoothest experience is resolution mode on Pro. X just looks a lot better.

Hawk269

Oct 26, 2017
Frame rate mode is better on X but it's not even close to locked 60 unless you're in a small area. Overall, the smoothest experience is resolution mode on Pro. X just looks a lot better.

I have TR on "X" and rented it on Pro just to check it out. It does run a little smoother in the hub areas on Pro, but to me, it looks a lot better on "X". IQ is just a lot cleaner on the "X" and I don't get a lot of slow down, but it does happen with some screen tearing in the hub areas and noticed a little in other areas. I would still choose the "X" version overall because it does look better and it is very crisp.

kc44135

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
I have TR on "X" and rented it on Pro just to check it out. It does run a little smoother in the hub areas on Pro, but to me, it looks a lot better on "X". IQ is just a lot cleaner on the "X" and I don't get a lot of slow down, but it does happen with some screen tearing in the hub areas and noticed a little in other areas. I would still choose the "X" version overall because it does look better and it is very crisp.
Thx dude.

His Majesty

Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
I bought an Xbox One controller for PC and got a 14 day trial for Xbox Game Pass and 14 days free Xbox Live Gold. Anyone interested in this?

Psychotron

Oct 26, 2017

I rented both last night and tested for hours. X definitely has a choppier framerate, and camera switches in many cutscenes hitch as well. This sometimes happens on Pro but not as much as X. X does look so much better though.

Hawk269

Oct 26, 2017
I rented both last night and tested for hours. X definitely has a choppier framerate, and camera switches in many cutscenes hitch as well. This sometimes happens on Pro but not as much as X. X does look so much better though.

Yup. In the hubs and in some isolated areas it does get choppier on the "X" than the Pro. However, the bulk of the game it is fine. It is mainly the hubs and as you said some camera switches. I would gladly take that with the much improved IQ that the "X" version has. I am sure that if the devs spent more time optimizing they could get it better, but not sure if they will. This obviously is a combination of better resolution and a CPU that is just too old. I would gladly give MS $599.99 for a "X" with a Ryzen CPU, 2TB Internal HDD and patches for games that would utilize the Ryzen cpu. Sell it directly from MS and give current "X" owners and upgrade program. Call it the Xbox One X Elite. Wishful thinking I know, but all the other components of the "X" are fantastic...just need a little beefier CPU and we would be set!

Psychotron

Oct 26, 2017
Yup. In the hubs and in some isolated areas it does get choppier on the "X" than the Pro. However, the bulk of the game it is fine. It is mainly the hubs and as you said some camera switches. I would gladly take that with the much improved IQ that the "X" version has. I am sure that if the devs spent more time optimizing they could get it better, but not sure if they will. This obviously is a combination of better resolution and a CPU that is just too old. I would gladly give MS $599.99 for a "X" with a Ryzen CPU, 2TB Internal HDD and patches for games that would utilize the Ryzen cpu. Sell it directly from MS and give current "X" owners and upgrade program. Call it the Xbox One X Elite. Wishful thinking I know, but all the other components of the "X" are fantastic...just need a little beefier CPU and we would be set!

It sucks because despite the reviews I like this game more than the previous two.

Oct 26, 2017
Soul Calibur test next week right? Hoping it's enhanced for X. The Xbox site only says enhanced with no info yet on resolution and HDR or not.

Anything is better than Tekken though. That's like 900p on Xbox One?

impact

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Tampa
Yea, it seems since I made the decision to save up for an X they've stopped announcing the best thing it had going for it.

I still want it, but I definitely want it less knowing 4K BC is not really a thing that happens more than once or twice a year.

Oct 26, 2017

Really that big of a difference? I've only seen the DF video I believe and this was on YouTube so that means not exactly the best quality but the difference didn't seem all that drastic to me.

francium87

Oct 27, 2017
When IGN had the exclusive announcement on 360 enhanced, the wording stressed not all games will work and not to expect too many games with the enhancement. That is the messaging.

I just don't get the complaint, and has always cautioned people not to buy in in the hopes of some game being added.

Psychotron

Oct 26, 2017
Really that big of a difference? I've only seen the DF video I believe and this was on YouTube so that means not exactly the best quality but the difference didn't seem all that drastic to me.

Yeah, I didn't notice it in the videos either but it's there. Granted, you wouldn't think the Pro looked bad at all on its own, but switching back and forth the extra detail of a higher resolution really helps. Also, as odd as it sounds, the HDR didn't look right at default settings on my Pro, whereas on the X it seemed spot on.

leng jai

Nov 2, 2017
When IGN had the exclusive announcement on 360 enhanced, the wording stressed not all games will work and not to expect too many games with the enhancement. That is the messaging.

I just don't get the complaint, and has always cautioned people not to buy in in the hopes of some game being added.

Probably because the 4K 360 games didn't have PC versions are the only true exclusives the 1X has thus making it one of the most attractive features. Again it's the communication that's the problem, not necessarily that we haven't gotten any updates for 5 months. What's the point of shit like Inside Xbox if they can't even spend 30 seconds to tell us what the status of it is? I don't really care that much since we already got RDR and Horizon 1 but still.

litebrite

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Probably because the 4K 360 games didn't have PC versions are the only true exclusives the 1X has thus making it one of the most attractive features. Again it's the communication that's the problem, not necessarily that we haven't gotten any updates for 5 months. What's the point of shit like Inside Xbox if they can't even spend 30 seconds to tell us what the status of it is? I don't really care that much since we already got RDR and Horizon 1 but still.
Non communication is communication. There's nothing to be announced. What else do you want them to say? When they have X enhanced 360 and OG Xbox BC games ready to be released then they will communicate it with us. They may even tease us the announcement several days before.

ResidentDante

Nov 2, 2017
Oslo, Norway
Haven't noticed the screen tearing on Shadow of the TR. But I'm playing on a freesync monitor, maybe that's why? The game drops frames too, but my freesync is helping it feel smooth to control. On my main TV in the living room though the framedrops are noticeable when I play.

TMSIDR

Nov 9, 2017
Valkyria Chronicles 4 is enhanced. It looks sharper than it did in the demo version, but I am not sure if it's 2160p. No HDR afaik and so far I didn't find special settings.

Oct 26, 2017
It will most likely be 1080p on Xbox. Haven't tried docked but handheld mode is literally perfect for Hollow Knight, 720p/60fps.

That's fine for handheld indeed. I never use it as one though. It's rare when I actually use Switch at all but when I do it's via my TV. I don't have that big ass screen for nothing ;)

Looks the same as Switch docked. Both run at a locked 60 fps.

I saw some people online say it's 720p but no mention if that was both docked and undocked. 720p vs 1080p is quite a difference for me and especially with a 65 inch you easily see that.

I also saw the game is now 12 bucks on Xbox. Cheapest so far?

Terror-Billy

Chicken Chaser
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That's fine for handheld indeed. I never use it as one though. It's rare when I actually use Switch at all but when I do it's via my TV. I don't have that big ass screen for nothing ;)

I saw some people online say it's 720p but no mention if that was both docked and undocked. 720p vs 1080p is quite a difference for me and especially with a 65 inch you easily see that.

I also saw the game is now 12 bucks on Xbox. Cheapest so far?
I'm pretty sure the game runs the same on both platforms, but I'd have to double check that once I'm home. No clue if it's the cheapest ever but I got it on Switch at $15.