• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Fredrik

Oct 27, 2017
I'm already hyped! I hope they're going stupidly big this year. A new Porsche unveiled at stage, biggest streamers in the world doing the live demos, live motion cap by Ninja Theory for an engine showcase, Minecraft 2, etc.

Rocco

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Texas
So E3 is an Xbox exclusive?

Sony cannot wait until after E3 to reveal specifics on PS5, so they'll do it before. Since Sony won't be at E3, Microsoft may as well wait until E3, with the hype and stage all to themselves, to do the same.

IMCaprica

Aug 1, 2019
Cool...I think? Like good for Microsoft, but after the ESA's journalist data breach I'm not really super thrilled to see E3 benefit from the hype of next-gen.
So E3 is an Xbox exclusive?

Sony cannot wait until after E3 to reveal specifics on PS5, so they'll do it before. Since Sony won't be at E3, Microsoft may as well wait until E3, with the hype and stage all to themselves, to do the same.
Or they'll hold their own event immediately after Microsoft's conference.

TheUnseenTheUnheard

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
May 25, 2018
If they're already hard at work on E3 does that mean we're not getting an event beforehand? This is going to be tough.

Deleted member 20297

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
There won't be any launch games for the XSX tho, as they're all cross-gen for the next 2 years. They'll just be showing Xbox games.

Unless MS are taking a leaf out of Sony's E3 of dreams and will be showing stuff from games 2-3 years from release.
They are still launch games, though, and will most likely look amazing. But this is already discussed to death in two other threads.

Charpunk

Oct 25, 2017
They are still launch games, though, and will most likely look amazing. But this is already discussed to death in two other threads.

It amazes me how people can't grasp the concept of games being able to scale to the hardware they are running on. Like PCs haven't been doing this for decades.

Rocco

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Texas
It's only going to be worse this year because of all the attention that moron last year got.

Really bums me out for gaming and people in general when I read stuff like this. Just really upsetting in a way that a moment of two men, spontaneously displaying admiration for one another... a moment of nothing but joy that made so many other people feel good... upsets you.

Deleted member 20297

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
It amazes me how people can't grasp the concept of games being able to scale to the hardware they are running on. Like PCs haven't been doing this for decades.
I mean, there is a limit to scalability and in the end it comes down to execution. Games can be quite different on current gen in comparison to the XSX version, we don't know yet. But the narrative that games are held back in a serious way, especially when it comes to the competition, I have yet to see.

The Living Tribunal

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
AnnualElderlyCutworm-size_restricted.gif

Charpunk

Oct 25, 2017
Really bums me out for gaming and people in general when I read stuff like this. Just really upsetting in a way that a moment of two men, spontaneously displaying admiration for one another... a moment of nothing but joy that made so many other people feel good... upsets you.

Except the guy was bragging on Twitter the entire time about purposely being obnoxious during all the conferences he went to. Shit is annoying.

ToadPacShakur

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Except the guy was bragging on Twitter the entire time about purposely being obnoxious during all the conferences he went to. Shit is annoying.

Yeah if it was just that little exchange during the briefing it would've been fine, but homeboy turned into a douche. Then CDPR was going to give him a collector's edition of CyberPunk2077 but he was like "how about you donate a go-kart to charity" and put the conversation up on Twitter . Like, goddamn dude, CDPR didn't have to give the game to begin with and now you're requesting they spend however much money on a donation just so you look even more like a good guy on social media??

Sterok

Oct 25, 2017
When E3 dies in a few years I hope Nintendo crashes at the Microsoft Theater for a bit. You know, since they're buddies and all.

pixelation

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Can't say I am hyped, even less so because they won't even have any next gen exclusives for their new console to really show what it can do (very poor decision making).

pixelation

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Or like John Linneman said on his twitter account, that cross gen games are being designed for base hardware with limitations that the new ones don't have. He mentioned Dead Rising 4 stating that it wasn't a looker but even so it still wouldn't have been able to run on the 360 without fundamental changes that extend beyond just resolution and effects.

Last edited:

DrDeckard

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
UK
As long as they're willing to fill their front-and-center theater sections with Xbox diehard with shirts that have their own gamertag on the back, they'll be there to pop off with a car on stage and dozens of "world exclusives."

Sounds wonderful. I'd rather be able to clearly see the fans than have them hidden amongst the crowd doing the same thing.

Phil, our guy!

christocolus

Oct 27, 2017
Wow. Nice. Glad they aren't skipping E3. Can't wait to see all they have planned. Xbox will go bigger than ever. :) hyped.

nib95

Contains No Misinformation on Philly Cheesesteaks
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I'm super hyped for all the next gen blow outs, whether E3 or otherwise, so I personally can't wait. I just hope Microsoft show a tonne of actual gameplay at their conference this year, including a prolonged Halo Infinite stage demo.

christocolus

Oct 27, 2017
My favorite part of E3 minus new game announcements.
Yup. Give me all the Matt Booty and Phil Spencer interviews.

Lol.

I'm so hyped... Looking forward to what the studios have been working on.
- The Initiative
- Double Fine
- PG games RPG
- NTs rumored 3rd project
- TCs secret project
- Obsidians AAA project
- Inxiles new project
- Halo Infinite

- Projects from Xbox global Publishing
- Acquisitions
Hopefully we get the name of the new Japanese studio.

:)

NippleViking

May 2, 2018
Can see it now - Sony hosts their own preference a few weeks after, and conspiracy theorists run with the narrative that Sony delayed their presser to counter and undermine MS.

VeePs

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
They've made great acquisitions, but a lot of those studios are tying up existing projects that were for other publishers etc. Or just shipped a game. Halo and Forza Motorsport will probably be there and be big deals though.

A lot of their studios have multiple teams and have been working on games for awhile now.

I'm guessing 343 will show off Halo Infinite finally, Playground will show off Fable (which has been in development for 2-3 years now), Turn10 might show off Forza, Inxile has a AAA RPG in the works before being acquired by Microsoft which might be shown off, Obsidian has a third team of roughly 100 folks working on a new game (not the Grounded team or Outer Worlds team), Undead Labs has been working on a new game + they opened a second studio recently, we will probably get AGE 3 this year and AGE 4 gameplay, we might see more Everwild, Ninja Theory has 4 teams with 2 developing Hellblade & Bleeding Edge, and we'll might see The Initiative's new project.

This is only including games from studios part of MGS. I'm sure Microsoft will also show Xbox global publishing games as well (Ori, Cuphead, Tell me Why)

So I'm pretty sure you'll see a lot of exclusive games. You'll probably also see XSX enhanced patches for games like Gears 5 and Sea of Thieves. Plus new Game Pass announcements.

Overall, E3 and other blowouts within these next several months should be fantastic

Last edited:

Mbolibombo

Oct 29, 2017
Hard at work makes it seem like it's something that requires immediate action. Something that's the focus of their work.

Hard at work if anything implies that they're working hard to deliver a good show. But most likely it's just how you talk on a topic like this at any time.

Much like when Nintendo stated in a direct that Platinum Games were hard at work working on Bayonetta 3.. and there was likely nothing demanding immediate action on that game at the time (almost a year ago)

pswii60

Oct 27, 2017
The Milky Way
I'm super hyped for all the next gen blow outs, whether E3 or otherwise, so I personally can't wait. I just hope Microsoft show a tonne of actual gameplay at their conference this year, including a prolonged Halo Infinite stage demo.
It's a new generation. We'll likely get the usual "in engine" and target footage in the main. Because you know Sony will do it, and Microsoft doesn't want to start another generation having to explain why the games they showed don't look as good as KillZone 2/MotorStorm or Deep Down.

But certainly I agree they should do a campaign gameplay segment for Halo Infinite to build hype. They can't get away with doing a Gears 5 again, they need to convince people why they should come back to Halo.

DopeyFish

Oct 25, 2017
Lol.

I'm so hyped... Looking forward to what the studios have been working on.
- The Initiative
- Double Fine
- PG games RPG
- NTs rumored 3rd project
- TCs secret project
- Obsidians AAA project
- Inxiles new project
- Halo Infinite

- Projects from Xbox global Publishing
- Acquisitions
Hopefully we get the name of the new Japanese studio.

:)

you are almost guaranteed to not see double fine, coalition, obsidian or inxile there (for new game announcements). compulsion, undead you *might* see but I have my doubts. Ninja Theory announcing a third game would be wild but highly doubt.

Initiative, Playground RPG, Halo, Global Publishing and being a third party announcement showcase is what I expect.

I expect throughout this upcoming gen, MS will have a fairly balanced announcement schedule unlike last gen. At least no more shows with zero announcements yay... I remember one E3 where MS and Sony both basically had nothing and I felt like I wasted so much of my time... please no more of that ever

I do wonder if MS is going to be much more active in regards to Global Publishing because of Game Pass... it's the one thing that's really tough to estimate... but they are essentially going to be procuring titles. it's not just going to be a landing point for old games but a starting point for new ones.