Jan 2, 2018
Snarfington Thank you for the impressions!
One question if I may please- can you use the headset when connected via wired USB to the console? I know it's possible on PC bt not sure about the console itself.
Thanks

Snarfington

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Snarfington Thank you for the impressions!
One question if I may please- can you use the headset when connected via wired USB to the console? I know it's possible on PC bt not sure about the console itself.
Thanks

I have just tried this out for you with the tiny cable it comes with, which was a bit awkward hahah. But with that cable at least, it SEEMS to work? The headset had to be switched on but the icon changed on the Xbox and it appeared to take a moment to change the connection over but I'm sure you can understand that it's hard to be 100% sure as the information isn't displayed very clearly. If it works on PC I'm guessing it is working on Xbox.

Last edited:
Jan 2, 2018
I have just tried this out for you with the tiny cable it comes with, which was a bit awkward hahah. But with that cable at least, it SEEMS to work? The headset had to be switched on but the icon changed on the Xbox and it appeared to take a moment to change the connection over but I'm sure you can understand that it's hard to be 100% sure as the information isn't displayed very clearly. If it works on PC I'm guessing it is working on Xbox.
That's good to know,thanks.
I sit close to my XSX so charging it via the front USB would be useful I suppose.

Somnia

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
I hope these come in stock again soon :( only can find re-sellers right now and they want $175+

bcatwilly

Oct 27, 2017
So I picked up my Xbox Wireless Headset today, and this thing is incredible IMO! I own a LucidSound LS50X which is widely considered by many to be the best Xbox headset not because I am an audiophile, but rather because I had some extra money to burn and thought that I needed "the best". They are really nice, but I will likely be using the new Xbox Wireless Headset as my primary headset going forward after some testing and gameplay today.

My son is an audiophile, and he tested both too. He said that the LucidSound is arguably a little better in terms of sound clarity in the mid/highs as some have pointed out, and the Xbox Wireless Headset is pretty bass heavy at default settings. However, I used the Xbox settings app to change the EQ settings to be what someone on Reddit had posted: RECONMENDED EQ/XBOX ACCESSORIES APP 125HZ(-9) 250HZ(-6) 1KHZ (-2) 4KHZ (0) 8KHZ (0).

It sounds much better for me at those settings now and quite comparable for my likes/ears with the LucidSound when going back and forth between both on Dolby Atmos demo content and Assassin's Creed Valhalla gameplay for example.

This headset is a total homerun for me at least:

* Sound quality is very good for my tastes, did not leave me wanting for more and can always make your ears wobble with the bass if you want to use the bass boost setting in the settings app or use a more bass heavy EQ configuration.
* Mic quality for me when testing in an Xbox party with someone was honestly the best mic chat experience in terms of clarity from both ends that I have had, arguably better than my LucidSound in this area. The Auto Mute feature worked just as advertised in limited testing too.
* Being able to tweak the EQ and other settings in the Xbox settings app is really nice, and being able to see that I am on firmware 0.0.9.0 and knowing that I can easily update to the latest firmware at any time with additional features/tweaks is a big plus for me considering that the LucidSound LS50X firmware update process is a journey to the depths of hell.
* They are very comfortable to wear so far, comparable to my LucidSound which were comfortable too. Although I think that I am going to like this headset even more because it is much lighter as the LucidSound could start to feel a little "heavy" on my head after long gaming sessions.
* The rotating dial on the left side cup for sound mix between game and chat is super convenient compared to even the dial use on the LucidSound, and things physically click into different spots on the dial and stay there unless you change something (middle location of the dial to mix evenly between game and chat audio for example). The rotating dial on the right side for volume is super simple too of course, and it solves one of my pet peeves with the LucidSound where no matter where I had my preferred volume level set it would just "reset" to some default very low level each time I powered off the headset and back on. The Xbox Wireless Headset has the physical dial that just stays where I had it from one session to the next.
* Two little design things that are just really cool for me are the Xbox console boot up sound when turning on the headset which is a nice touch, and the stitching of the 'L' and 'R' letters inside the ear cups makes it super easy for me to quickly see the right orientation without looking for the little letters on the plastic inside of the band on most headsets.

RayCharlizard

Nov 2, 2017
I can't find a single retailer other than Best Buy selling this thing online, I don't understand. I can't even find the thing on Microsoft's store. I'd buy one from Best Buy but it seems to only allow me to check for local availability with a pickup option from a store that's a 30 minute drive. What's going on with this?

shadowhaxor

EIC of Theouterhaven
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Claymont, Delaware

digitalrelic

Weight Loss Champion 2018: Biggest Change
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I can't find a single retailer other than Best Buy selling this thing online, I don't understand. I can't even find the thing on Microsoft's store. I'd buy one from Best Buy but it seems to only allow me to check for local availability with a pickup option from a store that's a 30 minute drive. What's going on with this?
I think it's seen a LOT higher demand than Microsoft anticipated. They sold out in like an hour when MS first put them up for preorder.

RayCharlizard

Nov 2, 2017
I've got like 2 years of GPU left, don't wanna buy the bundle but thanks for the link. At least it's available somewhere!
I think it's seen a LOT higher demand than Microsoft anticipated. They sold out in like an hour when MS first put them up for preorder.
I get that part but it's weird that I can't even find the item pages right now. Even wario64's link to the Target page just 404s after being live hours ago. Weird that there isn't just a page that says it's sold out.

VeePs

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017

I ordered them on my Xbox from the Microsoft Store app lol. Microsoft.com was saying OOS in my cart but Xbox wasn't.

IGotPaid

Nov 7, 2017
I kept trying the trick on the website to click checkout before the button is disabled. I had it my cart for a few days and always missed when it went back in stock. I tried it about 20 times yesterday and finally got through to finish checkout. They shipped today.

Feenix

Prophet of Truth
Nov 17, 2017
I'm not sure if it's user error (but how could it be) or something wrong but I'm having a hard time believing that the experience I am having with these is one that warrants such high praise.

I've got them synced up… I've got theDolby gaming thing enabled.

every game I start (Dolby supported or not) I get this like tunnel robot buzzing (like when you slow down audio a lot) and it does that and cuts out a lot for the first minute of a game. Then I get hints of it in game sporadically and occasional split second stutters and drops.

I'm very confused.

pswii60

Oct 27, 2017
The Milky Way
I'm not sure if it's user error (but how could it be) or something wrong but I'm having a hard time believing that the experience I am having with these is one that warrants such high praise.

I've got them synced up… I've got theDolby gaming thing enabled.

every game I start (Dolby supported or not) I get this like tunnel robot buzzing (like when you slow down audio a lot) and it does that and cuts out a lot for the first minute of a game. Then I get hints of it in game sporadically and occasional split second stutters and drops.

I'm very confused.
Clearly an odd issue at your end. Are you using them on Xbox or PC? Have you tried repairing them?

Feenix

Prophet of Truth
Nov 17, 2017
Clearly an odd issue at your end. Are you using them on Xbox or PC? Have you tried repairing them?
Yes definitely not the norm. Just wondering if anyone else experienced similar. I'll try re-pairing. It was late when I finally got to try them out. On series X.

OP
OP
Theorry

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
Very comfortable headset for me. Didnt noticed it i had it on after a while wich is always good.

StereoVSN

Nov 1, 2017
Eastern US
How does this compare to the Sony WH1000XM4?
Like other folks said, completely different animals. Sony is going to have a lot better sound, but you can't connect it to your Xbox unless you get USB to Bluetooth adapter of some sort. You could also do Bluetooth to TV but that adds latency.

Personally I have used my WH1000XM2 before through TV and that was perfectly fine in SP at least. So if you have XM4 already, you may want to test some options out. These are really good headphones.

ThatNerdGUI

Prophet of Truth
Mar 19, 2020
So even though this headset have Bluetooth it doesn't connect to any other console i.e. PS4/5? I have a pair of Kraken Tournament that I use for everything and they sound great, but I was looking to get a pair of wireless headsets that work with everything as well an I thought this could be it.

Feenix

Prophet of Truth
Nov 17, 2017
Yeah so upon further review I *think* it might be Dolby related? When I have it installed games start and have a modulated roboty slowed down feel. Sometimes for several seconds or longer. And then intermittently throughout the game. Also crackling and split second drops.
Without Dolby it *seems* like that's not happening?

digitalrelic

Weight Loss Champion 2018: Biggest Change
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So even though this headset have Bluetooth it doesn't connect to any other console i.e. PS4/5? I have a pair of Kraken Tournament that I use for everything and they sound great, but I was looking to get a pair of wireless headsets that work with everything as well an I thought this could be it.
PS4/5 don't support Bluetooth headsets.

Fiksi

Oct 27, 2017
It seems to be the case, but does the dual wireless + bluetooth feature on this mean I could voice chat on Discord on PC and also in in-game chat on Xbox at the same time without any problems?

Just got a new headset a few months ago but I can't VC on both PC and Xbox so when the time comes this looks like it could be pretty nice.

Griffy

Oct 25, 2017
I always used a wired headphone with mine so I wasn't aware of this. I assumed it did since their wireless headphones use Bluetooth. I guess only PS4 compatible headsets work with Bluetooth then?
The Playstation headsets don't use Bluetooth, they connect to the console using a wireless 2.4 GHz signal via a USB dongle.

Feenix

Prophet of Truth
Nov 17, 2017
So the buzzy slowed down audio I get intermittently definitely seems to be related to Dolby. If I remove the app from my Series X I don't get the issues (so far) but now I don't have good positional.

anyone heard anything like this?

SecondNature

Oct 25, 2017
Not an audiophile or anything but I thought wireless headsets for gaming were lauded for being a poor investment compared to wired headsets, and especially compared to audio headphones with mic support

MaulerX

Oct 30, 2017
Love this headset. I tend to get pretty immersed when I game with any headset. To the point I sometimes miss important phone calls. Having this connected with my phone so I can hear the phone ring and then talk simultaneously is just awesome. Been also listening to some podcasts while I game. Amazing feature. Right wheel controls overall volume while the left one controls the Bluetooth mixing. It just works so well. If a $100 headset can have this feature every other headset going forward should have it too. After experiencing it I just can't go back.

sacrament

Banned
Dec 16, 2019
Love this headset. I tend to get pretty immersed when I game with any headset. To the point I sometimes miss important phone calls. Having this connected with my phone so I can hear the phone ring and then talk simultaneously is just awesome. Been also listening to some podcasts while I game. Amazing feature. Right wheel controls overall volume while the left one controls the Bluetooth mixing. It just works so well. If a $100 headset can have this feature every other headset going forward should have it too. After experiencing it I just can't go back.

Wait, what? Can it dual pair?

DoradoWinston

Apr 9, 2019
Does anyone know of a review or maybe from first hand experience how they sound compared to the Surface Headphones? That's what I use for my daily use on PC and they have been great

manustany

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 27, 2017
The Space
I'm the only one here having issues with MacOS? The headset is working only when I pair it for the first time and it doesn't if I want to use both the audio from my Mac and the Series X. Any advice?

AgentStrange

Oct 25, 2017
audio cuts in and out every once in a while. usually preceded by the audio sounding like it's being stretched out. anyone else?