Oct 27, 2017
Mine just got delivered by Amazon.ca a little while ago and I instantly fell in love with then when I put them on. They fit perfectly on my head and my hears.

Tried them first on my laptop via the xbox wireless adapter and w/ discord. Sounds great, even though I only tried them with WoW. Real test was discord. Booted up discord, set my sound settings and gave it a go. Only one person in my guild was online and asked him how I sounded. He said that I sounded much better (usually use the laptop mic). That was a major relief as I heard iffy things about these and discord (thought I read something on resetera about it).

Next test was the Series X (wasn't planning on it as watching basketball, etc). Pairing was quick and painless. I didn't go with the default equalizer settings and went with ones from a youtube video that was posted here. Try Avengers first and ME Andromeda afterwards. Both sound great; however, probably not the best games to really test the headset. Compared to my soundbar, it was great to hear stuff behind my character (like something falling on the ground or something). Imagine playing Gears 5 or games built for Atmos or DTS will sound better.

Out of the box, the battery level was a medium. Also, updating the headset on my PC was seamless as well.

For 130 bucks (CAD) before taxes, these things are awesome. Build quality is great and I love the rotating dials to adjust volume, etc.

bcatwilly

Oct 27, 2017
audio cuts in and out every once in a while. usually preceded by the audio sounding like it's being stretched out. anyone else?

I was having some issues, and I seem to have resolved mine by moving my Xbox further across the room from some other devices (another Xbox, router) that were causing some signal interference with the Xbox wireless protocol. The Arctic 9x is also a "direct connect" Xbox headset that uses the Xbox wireless protocol, so this troubleshooting guide is likely relevant in terms of proximity to other devices that may be interfering and such for example - My Arctis 9X is having wireless interference issues, like disconnecting & intermittent clicks. What should I do? – Support (steelseries.com)

jasius

Oct 28, 2017
audio cuts in and out every once in a while. usually preceded by the audio sounding like it's being stretched out. anyone else?
Are you downloading at the time? I've had audio interruptions on Xbox One and Series X when downloading something while playing a game , more so on Xbox one than series X also if something is being installed from disc I get it when headphones are connected to my controller.

I'm thinking it's more of an xbox I/o issue than the hardware.

Paper Wario

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
There was only one person in my WoW guild that was on at that time and he said I sounded much better than the built in laptop mic I was using.
When i originally connected my headset via bluetooth on my gaming laptop (windows 10), whenever I joined a discord chat all of my game audio auto-muted. I had to change the audio input from headset stereo to headset hands-free, which allows me to chat and also hear game audio, but I feel like the sound quality is worse. Is there any sort of workaround for this outside of connecting via usb?

BarryBurton

Jul 1, 2020
I've just got one of these and I can't hear my own voice through the headphones when I talk. Is that not an option? With the over ear design I can't hear my own voice so struggle to adjust the volume I'm speaking at. Am I missing something? This seems like a no brainer feature and exists on even the cheapest Turtle Beach headsets.

SpottieO

Oct 25, 2017
I've just got one of these and I can't hear my own voice through the headphones when I talk. Is that not an option? With the over ear design I can't hear my own voice so struggle to adjust the volume I'm speaking at. Am I missing something? This seems like a no brainer feature and exists on even the cheapest Turtle Beach headsets.
I remember reading that's in the options somewhere.

jaekeem

Oct 27, 2017

Go to the app and turn on mic monitoring

BarryBurton

Jul 1, 2020
Yeah it's cranked right up. I don't think my microphone is working. Has anyone else reported this as a problem?

Oct 27, 2017
When i originally connected my headset via bluetooth on my gaming laptop (windows 10), whenever I joined a discord chat all of my game audio auto-muted. I had to change the audio input from headset stereo to headset hands-free, which allows me to chat and also hear game audio, but I feel like the sound quality is worse. Is there any sort of workaround for this outside of connecting via usb?
I bought the Xbox wireless adapter as I wanted to avoid using Bluetooth on my PC. Probably why it's working good for me.

Hadxmen

Oct 31, 2017
Is there any easy way to quick swap connection between Xbox Series X and PC with Xbox Wireless Adapter? It's really pain to connect this piece of hardware... Most of the time when I try to pair headset to PC It's turning on Xbox :/. It takes me some time to finally make it work.

jorgejjvr

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Cotsco said it shipped today, but when I check the tracking on ups it says

UPS could not locate the shipment details for this tracking number. Details are only available for shipments made within the last 120 days. Please verify your information.

ryan299

Oct 25, 2017
Cotsco said it shipped today, but when I check the tracking on ups it says

UPS could not locate the shipment details for this tracking number. Details are only available for shipments made within the last 120 days. Please verify your information.
UPS may not have picked it up and put it in their system. Give it a day, this isn't uncommon.

Mine has been stuck in Chicago for 3 days. In 8 days its gone from Arizona to Chicago. Shouldn't be taking this long. I ship full pallets on truckers from NY to Cali in 5. This is ridiculous.

GreatBriTom

Host/Producer at GameSpot
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Reviewed for Input Mag! Xbox made a lot of smart, calculated decisions in designing this, and added some features that make it feel even more premium than headset at this price.

Feb 27, 2019
Can you use this headset with a Switch over Bluetooth?

I'm looking for a high-quality wireless headset I can use with Xbox and Switch that has simultaneous Bluetooth (so I can use Discord while gaming). Any suggestions? Arctis 7X seems like a good option but you need a dongle to use it with Xbox.

pdog128

Dec 16, 2017
I'm not an expert, but I think the only way you'd be able to connect it to a Switch would be a Bluetooth dongle. Which would probably introduce loads of latency and prevent you from connecting to any other Bluetooth device.

manustany

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 27, 2017
The Space
Last night I find out that by pressing the mic button for a few seconds when paired on a smartphone, it will automatically call the last number you called. Noice. (at least on my Samsung phone...)

Madmackem

Oct 28, 2017
Tempted by these got a pair of HyperX Cloud Alpha's would these xbox cans be better than those.

jwc13ac

Oct 30, 2017
Do we have a consensus on best setting for atmos and non atmos? I've been playing around, but don't know exactly what I'm doing. I see a lot of people say turn the bass down, I don't mind it being a little boomy!

zombipuppy

Oct 25, 2017
Waiting for mine to come back from warranty service. I've also had the audio stretching/cutting issue and have tried repositioning the adapter in many different areas and ports with a USB extender. If what I get back has the same issues, it's a refund for me unfortunately :(. Otherwise, this is really solid audio quality for a $100 wireless headset. Connectivity strength is a serious issue though.

Varixio

Oct 27, 2017
I also keep getting dropped audio and crackling every now and then, it's getting annoying. Don't know how to fix it at all.

Kabuki Waq

Oct 26, 2017
Guys so my buddy is having qnd issue with the original xbox one. The party chat mixer is seemingly not working. Only way it work is if he switches audio to speaker. Anyone encounter this?

DirtyLarry

Oct 27, 2017
Got mine today finally. Preordered them months ago from Gamestop and there was a delay in shipping.

Definitely better than the Turtle Beach Stealth's I had. Not that the TB's were what I would call the best by any means, but these are louder, a better build quality, and just overall feel more susbtantial. Really though it is just they sound a little better. If I recall correctly, they were actually less than the Stealth's as well, so for the price point, seems like a solid purchase. I also had an issue with the TB's that every now and then they would drop for a split second. None of that yet with these.

I already own the Dolby app, but I fucked around with the DTS app by activating the trial and maybe I am crazy but it sounded better.

So does anyone know is there any reason to purchase the DTS app for headphones trial if I already own the Atmos one or is there no real difference? Or does it really come down to what games support what??

jokkir

Oct 25, 2017
Got mine today finally. Preordered them months ago from Gamestop and there was a delay in shipping.

Definitely better than the Turtle Beach Stealth's I had. Not that the TB's were what I would call the best by any means, but these are louder, a better build quality, and just overall feel more susbtantial. Really though it is just they sound a little better. If I recall correctly, they were actually less than the Stealth's as well, so for the price point, seems like a solid purchase. I also had an issue with the TB's that every now and then they would drop for a split second. None of that yet with these.

I already own the Dolby app, but I fucked around with the DTS app by activating the trial and maybe I am crazy but it sounded better.

So does anyone know is there any reason to purchase the DTS app for headphones trial if I already own the Atmos one or is there no real difference? Or does it really come down to what games support what??

I find positioning a lot better for DTS since it sounds like it has a bigger, wider, soundstage so it's easier to determine where someone is.

I just got the Dolby Atmos license after using the trial twice before and I feel like it's more for movies or something with a thumpier bass and some clearer sounds. DTS also sounded more tinny in Gears 5 when I tried it but again with better positioning.

I'm still testing it but from what I can tell while playing Apex Legends, it's easier to locate peoples position with DTS. I kind of got tripped up with the location of my team while using Dolby and thought it was enemies nearby.

DirtyLarry

Oct 27, 2017
I find positioning a lot better for DTS since it sounds like it has a bigger, wider, soundstage so it's easier to determine where someone is.

I just got the Dolby Atmos license after using the trial twice before and I feel like it's more for movies or something with a thumpier bass and some clearer sounds. DTS also sounded more tinny in Gears 5 when I tried it but again with better positioning.

I'm still testing it but from what I can tell while playing Apex Legends, it's easier to locate peoples position with DTS. I kind of got tripped up with the location of my team while using Dolby and thought it was enemies nearby.
Thanks for the impressions.
I did a little research as well since I posted (aka just Googled it) and this no doubt seems to be what the majority of what I was reading said as well.

Wish I picked up the DTS license on sale a few weeks back. It was not a big sale, but it was a sale. I think it was $5 off.

I am just going to try the DTS app for the next 14 days since I have the trial, go back and forth between the two, and more than likely pick it up and just have both to choose from.

Thanks again. Appreciate hearing real world impressions.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
Tested the auto-mute on this last night and really blown away by it...

Got a baby who will instantly sleep and chill out if there is music on. So had to play some Off The Wall last night while I was playing Sea of Thieves with my crew. At a regular volume (not quiet) coming out of my TV speakers. Crew couldn't hear it at all. It muted absolutely everything that wasn't me speaking. Impressive!

manustany

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 27, 2017
The Space
Do i need a bluetooth adapter to connect this to PC or is it included?
You need a wireless adapter for PC because the BT connection is laggy AF. There's an official Xbox wireless adapter for Windows 10 that works great.

61WUMB3iS4L._AC_SL1161_.jpg

Pryme

Aug 23, 2018
Man, the volume control dials are extremely intuitive and easy to use. Now I wish every headset out there had it.