• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

What will Phil announce next week?

• Everything

Votes: 264 30.7%
  • Most of it

Votes: 218 25.4%
  • Something

Votes: 199 23.2%
  • A sliver

Votes: 94 10.9%
  • Nothing

Votes: 73 8.5%
  • Halo 7: The Dark World

Votes: 216 25.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gavalanche

Prophet of Regret
Oct 21, 2021
Subject to terms and conditions. Come on now what kinda question is that?

My understanding regarding terms and conditions for subscription based stuff is that advanced payment conditions still has to be met, it's just month by month doesn't matter. So Netflix for instance can change whatever they want because people can just cancel. But I am probably completely wrong, I just misinterpreted it.

The Game Pass terms and conditions state,

"Service, features, and requirements may change or be retired."

So they probably could without much legal trouble. T&Cs aren't iron clad but unless Microsoft specifically stated, "You will be able to play every single game from every single Microsoft owned developer on day 1 with your subscription forever.", I don't think they'd be in legal trouble.

Yeah fair enough. Still seems hell messy though.

BloodHound

Oct 27, 2017
no one should be heavily invested in a goddamn game platform. If you can't justify your gaming expenditures primarily on the entertainment they have directly bestowed upon you, that the experience of playing the game was sufficient to justify the money you spent on that game and its requisite hardware...if you can't just walk away from that without worrying about your "investment", then you're doing it wrong.
This. People fall in love with these plastic boxes and see these as investments like houses. Bruh.

Its the games. If you can't spend $X amount and enjoy XYZ box at point of sale, then don't buy the shit.

STech

Sep 24, 2018
I don't take this "they won't leave the HW market".

HW sales for Xbox has been atrocious this year (their third year, remember). So bad they can't have enough market to justify cost for their own HW production and, probably, to keep Game Pass (with Day 1 games) susteinable and, in the end, push them to be a multiplatform publisher.

So are you saying that now, that won't have exclusive games and even they are ditching Day 1 games for Game Pass (acording to some leaks), Xbox could even exist as an option?, for what, 5 million ww or even less?

They still support their base but we are going to see less and less Xbox in shelves because it's demand are going to plum so hard, reselers would need to think in their inventory space.

I can't see them with more than a little space in every store with some accesories at the end of the year, at least for the EU

Yoshimitsu126

The Fallen
Nov 11, 2017
United States
"Xbox hardware isn't going anywhere"

I don't know. I think hardware sales will be affected by this decision and if they get bad enough, there might not be a next gen Xbox.

It just makes zero sense to buy an Xbox instead of a PS6 going forward.

Maybe they'll just make the new Xbox always be 200$ cheaper than the new PlayStation. Just like how windows laptops are cheaper than Apple laptops.

Actually this make sense now if they let Dell and HP make their own console or computer with Xbox OS, accounts, and services.

Status
Not open for further replies.