Whales

"This guy are sick"
Oct 25, 2017
I remember this game being hyped up a lot a few months ago (before it was delayed) but now it seems like no ome cares anymore? its weird

GodlyTwins

It's Pronounced "Aerith"
Oct 30, 2017
How is the no sbmm in casual lobbies? Hoping it feels like CoD4/MW2 lobbies 😂

DocScroll

May 25, 2021
Doesn't appear to be anyone playing in EU yet. Stuck searching for players, I guess not many people pre-loaded it.

bitcloudrzr

May 31, 2018

BubbaKrumpz

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Yay Area
120fps mode on console and FOV slider. I left it at the normal 100 though for now with the red dots in the standard loadouts

Edit: seems servers are fried. got into a game in progress after being in the lobby for about 5 mins. Cant Get into a match now

Edit 2: got a match on my 5th try

Last edited:

Freedonia

Oct 27, 2017
Servers are definitely getting fried right now, only got to join one match (was in progress), will try to play more later

Oct 29, 2017
Nah, the servers are down already. I found a match right away when it unlocked, now nothing.

Same. Got one in, and now down. First match review - first result was like every game I played as a solo player in the beta. My team had two drops and we were never competitive.

THAT said, did have fun! Looking forward to playing more - thirsty for a new FPS to dive into.

Paquete_PT

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I'm curious about this because I liked the strategy Ubi used while making this game. They got a lot of betas and, I suppose, feedback way before launch. I hope they used it to polish the gameplay as much as possible

Oct 25, 2017
I remember this game being hyped up a lot a few months ago (before it was delayed) but now it seems like no ome cares anymore? its weird
People wanted it because it was supposed to cater to a certain COD crowd that MWII didn't.
MWIII went all in on that crowd and has had excellent post launch support(besides Zombies)
So most people lost interest

poklane

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
Yeah I can't get into a match, it either instantly throws me back as soon as I pick a playlist or after a minute or so of trying to find players to match with

Hasney

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
bad word choice from me, not "care" but it seems the reception for it is much more tame /less hyped

I think it's best to judge the excitement wider than here after today. A bunch of streamers have been sponsored to stream it, so it will depend on if they stick with it after today or if their audience likes what they see, or if it gets Hyperscape'd

…. assuming they can work out the matchmaking bugs. If they didn't want SBMM, really should have had that server browser!

Newlove

Oct 28, 2017
England
A bit sad about the matchmaking issues already, but I'm not surprised...it's a bit of an expectation with these things these days. Hopefully it only takes minutes rather than hours to sort. Having played one game with 2v2 because of the issues l, it was quite fun and felt smooth. The battle pass moved a little less than hoped for a 10 minute game so interested to experience more.

JCR

Oct 27, 2017
I'm on PC and Ubisoft Connect launcher recognizes my DualShock controller but the game does not :( Weirdly I can press Shift+F2 while in the game to bring up the Ubisoft overlay and controller works fine there. Using Steam Input/DS4Windows to emulate a Xbox controller seems to be the only way (or maybe using it wired but I don't want to do that).

bitcloudrzr

May 31, 2018
About the servers? I have no idea how they don't play test this. Even if it's with somehow just setting up virtual machines to log into the server all at once to see what it can do. Make a proper scale test to see what it does. It's just weird.
They had a pub test as well and this seems like way more players than expected.

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
I'll preface by saying making games is hard, I know it's hard, and the team is working hard. But it's pretty wild that a game can have a year of tests and delayed release to still come out of the gate and just not function.
It's a good thing they aren't planning on doing something crazy like making all their games tied to their servers in the future or anything at least.

poklane

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
If these issues are simply due to server load I can only imagine how bad things will get when people in the Americas get out off school/off work.

Cloud-Hidden

Oct 30, 2017
Can y'all point me to a release of any popular online FPS that didn't have server issues in the opening 48 hours? Just be patient, damn. The game JUST launched.