• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

B-Dubs

That's some catch, that catch-22
General Manager
Oct 25, 2017
You need a rare item called an Overdrive Protocol to move blades.
I wish they weren't so rare. Given the random nature of a lot of the rare blades it seems like they should have them more readily available. I mean, even just having them available at a super high cost at a vendor would be better than how it currently is.

Kaitos

Tens across the board!
Oct 25, 2017
Finally got the Ursula quest going.

Where's the best place to farm Legendary Cores?

Mr.Fletcher

Nov 18, 2017
UK
Who should I be giving Floren to? Got the blade on No.5. Nia seems like the obvious choice, but...

I've got at least three overdrives left, is it worth swapping them into my current setup of Rex, Nia and No.4?

Brewster123

Self-Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Charlottesville, VA
Who should I be giving Floren to? Got the blade on No.5. Nia seems like the obvious choice, but...

I've got at least three overdrives left, is it worth swapping them into my current setup of Rex, Nia and No.4?
What chapter are you in? At a certain point in the story, Rex obtains a healer blade that would make Floren somewhat redundant. As for 4, you generally don't want to mix healers and tanks; Having healing blades reduces the amount of aggro generation and clashes with the tank's mindset. Overall, I'd either leave Floren as is or move him to Nia.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
Have you checked the original post (wow, I seem to be writing that a lot)? It has tons of information and links to many more.

Ursula's New Groove!

You can transfer her (or any non-story blade) with a semi-rare item called an Overdrive Protocol. You'll know you have one if the blade detail screen shows the option to move them to a new driver.
If you are interested in the DLC you can get three of them with the purchase.

Yea like I said in my post: A.) I plan on reading all the tutorials from the op in detail before playing again. Just wish they hadn't dumped everything on you so fast or atleast explained them alil better. And B.) I got the Season Pass, just didn't know what the overdrive protocol was for till now. Thanks anyway!

Which Chapter were people complaining about plot wise a few weeks ago? Was it Chapter 3?

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
Guys, I'm really worried my game is glitched in chapter 6.
I'm right after Genbu is used to try to kill Pyra and I cannot for the life of me figure out where to go. There's a broken bridge and aegeon's core crystal didnt even trigger a cutscene. It said ready for use that's it. I didnt save yet but there's a broken bridge. I cant get past it.

Grexeno

Sorry for your ineptitude
Oct 25, 2017
Guys, I'm really worried my gameis glitched in chapter 6.
I'm right after Genbu is used to try to kill Pyra and I cannot for the life of me figure out where to go. There's a broken bridge and aegeon's core crystal didnt even trigger a cutscene. It said ready for use that's it. I didnt save yet but there's a broken bridge. I cant get past it.
You actually have to use the core crystal (highly suggested you use it on #4) and you don't need to go on any broken bridge, you need to go down to the lower level a bit backwards from where you are.

Ogodei

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Coruscant
I was looking at the requirements for Poppi QTPi quest and am I going to have to grind Nia's blade affinity up to get level 5 forestry, as well as grind for a common blade?

This is some crap.

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
You actually have to use the core crystal (highly suggested you use it on #4) and you don't need to go on any broken bridge, you need to go down to the lower level a bit backwards from where you are.

The temple ruins right? That's where the core crystal activated I used it on Morag and there's a broken bridge in sight. I dunno where to go but it's pissing me the hell off. I tried everything. I cant be this blind if it's something obvious.

Grexeno

Sorry for your ineptitude
Oct 25, 2017
The temple ruins right? That's where the core crystal activated I used it on Morag and there's a broken bridge in sight. I dunno where to go but it's pissing me the hell off. I tried everything. I cant be this blind if it's something obvious.
Yeah you need to head downwards on a previous pillar I think.

rzmunch

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Argentina
Completed the game, really liked the last chapter. Only bad thing
I wanted to pilot a mechaaa

Imo it's a 95/100 liked the story, combat, exploration and music, only need some qol and better resolution.

So I just unfroze the Icicle in Temperantia...
I wasn't expecting a level 130 superboss in there... I was level 74 and got anhilated.
After completing the game or before? I unfroze one and it was a lvl 70 before ending the game. Where it is?

Trojita

Oct 25, 2017
They really need to make this

L3EQ7t1.jpg

Wasn't a fan of the pink on the Pyra controller, and Mythra is best Aegis anyway.

Chaosblade

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
Forestry was surprisingly uncommon for common blades for me. Botany was close behind. In a list full of blades, all of which have three field skills, I might have four common blades with Forestry.

Apopheniac

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I might have burned them for boosters. But i have 80-some common cores right now.

Could get Dahlia. Problem is i can't stack Vess's Forestry with a certain someone, given that i bonded Vess with Nia for heals.

You can't just stick both Nia and Vess on Rex? Aren't you a Master Driver?

Trojita

Oct 25, 2017
In Chapter 8 what is the best way to make tons of cash fast? Fonsett and Indol salvaging would make me a lot of cash, was wondering if there is anywhere better now.

Benzychenz

One Winged Slayer
Nov 1, 2017
Australia
Finished last night.

What's worth doing post game? At the very least I'm gonna try and get all the rare blades and do most if not all side quests.

I think first thing I'll do is grind to level 99 so I can easily farm legendary cores and get all the random blades out of the way (and hopefully pull Ursula quickly so I can start doing Merc Missions with her).

I've read online that for just general post game playing the best party setup is using Rex with characters 4 and 5 and using Rex's story healer blade when needed and just nuking everything otherwise. Good strat or best strat?

Jester37

Oct 25, 2017
Used a Rare core for Nia with 5 Truth Boosters in hopes of getting Dahlia and got Agate instead. The gacha has gotten so annoying to the point where it's mildly amusing.

ryushe

Oct 27, 2017
200+ rare/legendary cores later, I've finally unlocked
Kos Mos

Now I can finally put this game down.

Vareon

Oct 25, 2017
Finished last night.

What's worth doing post game? At the very least I'm gonna try and get all the rare blades and do most if not all side quests.

I think first thing I'll do is grind to level 99 so I can easily farm legendary cores and get all the random blades out of the way (and hopefully pull Ursula quickly so I can start doing Merc Missions with her).

I've read online that for just general post game playing the best party setup is using Rex with characters 4 and 5 and using Rex's story healer blade when needed and just nuking everything otherwise. Good strat or best strat?

You don't need to grind to 99 for legendary core farming, I did it in my 70-80s. Just make sure you smash a lot, it's not even necessary to win the battle.

IIRC there's nothing really substantial post game, just some new enemies. Good time to do the Blade sidequests though.

Mr.Fletcher

Nov 18, 2017
UK
What chapter are you in? At a certain point in the story, Rex obtains a healer blade that would make Floren somewhat redundant. As for 4, you generally don't want to mix healers and tanks; Having healing blades reduces the amount of aggro generation and clashes with the tank's mindset. Overall, I'd either leave Floren as is or move him to Nia.

I'm in the post game (85+ hours in). I'm dont want to take on healing responsibilities as Rex - like you say, he gets a great healer, but I'd rather leave healing to the AI.

Mythra is too good to constantly swap out for the healer I think.

No.4 I have set up with her two story blades and Perceval, so I'm all set there.

I've got Nia outfitted with Dromarch, Boreas and... bizarrely, Dagas. I've seen some people say having an attacker on her has worked well for them, so I haven't really thought about it until now when I got Floren.

I need to sort out Rex to be honest, I just don't like Roc that much to be honest. I don't hate him, but yeah, I'd like to leave him behind.

Benzychenz

One Winged Slayer
Nov 1, 2017
Australia
Just pulled Ursula from a random rare core crystal.

Well at least I can get a start on her stuff now. No rush to farm legendary crystals then.

HBK

Oct 30, 2017
So I just unfroze the Icicle in Temperantia...
I wasn't expecting a level 130 superboss in there... I was level 74 and got anhilated.
Beaten it at level 90. Probably is the easiest superboss in the game, despite having the highest level. It's just very much straightforward. No special trick, just a huge HP pool and some significant damage dealing attacks.

----------------------------------------------------------------

On another topic, just spent the last 20 hours in this game trying to unlock her.

Best gaming experience in my life.

Don't think I'll be there day one for Xeno3, Tetsuya.

Edit:
IIRC there's nothing really substantial post game, just some new enemies. Good time to do the Blade sidequests though.
Another sign pointing towards a rushed development. Even Xeno1 had more than just a bunch of superbosses.

Oct 27, 2017
I need to sort out Rex to be honest, I just don't like Roc that much to be honest. I don't hate him, but yeah, I'd like to leave him behind.

I like Roc but it's annoying that his progression is tied to Merc rank.

Of course, having smash is a big bonus too.

Are there any other blades for Rex that can use Smash? I might be tempted to swap out Roc if so.

Benzychenz

One Winged Slayer
Nov 1, 2017
Australia
How big a deal is crit rate? Like I've got some gold chips and for instance Wulfric's attack would go from 502 to 635, but his crit rate would plummet from 45% to 14%.

I've got gold chips on all my tanks but idk if they're an improvement or not on my attackers.

Deleted member 4353

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Alright so I rescued our friend and the game seems to be much better now. In fact I think I'm over-leveled which I like. The game is really really great, reminding me of the original Xenoblade. Rex and Pyra are all kinds of adorable.

Garf02

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
How big a deal is crit rate? Like I've got some gold chips and for instance Wulfric's attack would go from 502 to 635, but his crit rate would plummet from 45% to 14%.

I've got gold chips on all my tanks but idk if they're an improvement or not on my attackers.
Late Game
Critical Rate is what allows you to go no healer when you equip Avant-Garde Medal (Heal 20-22% of critical Damage)
Compared to other late game Chips, Gold Chips is to be put only on 2 Blades on Rex, and used only to Farm Drop Loot (Gold Chips give an extra 50% drop rate to Loot to the Blade)

Rafavert

Oct 31, 2017
Portugal
I like Roc but it's annoying that his progression is tied to Merc rank.

Of course, having smash is a big bonus too.

Are there any other blades for Rex that can use Smash? I might be tempted to swap out Roc if so.

He's the only Blade option for Rex to have smash, I believe.

Doubt:

Finally got a new overdrive protocol off a 4 crowns blade (for those unaware, if you release 4 crown common Blades after filling their affinity map you get an overdrive protocol), and am thinking of passing Dagaz to Zeke. The thing is... Is it worth giving up the Male Loincoth item for this, or are there other good options in terms of equipments? His other blades are female, of course.

rzmunch

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Argentina
I saw a pic of young Bana, where is this from? I completed the sidemission secret of Bana without getting the, so maybe it's another mission?

Oct 27, 2017
He's the only Blade option for Rex to have smash, I believe.

Cheers, and therein lies the problem. Having Rex be able to complete driver combos on his own is incredible. Nia starts the ball rolling with break, then Rex topples with Pyra/Mythra, I then switch to Agate to launch them, then smash them with Roc. Even better if a blade combo is in progress. The damage output is insane.

Garf02

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Cheers, and therein lies the problem. Having Rex be able to complete driver combos on his own is incredible. Nia starts the ball rolling with break, then Rex topples with Pyra/Mythra, I then switch to Agate to launch them, then smash them with Roc. Even better if a blade combo is in progress. The damage output is insane.
Tora can do a Driver Combo all by himself, between all 3 Forms of Poppy you get Break/Topple/Launch/Smash

Oct 27, 2017
Tora can do a Driver Combo all by himself, between all 3 Forms of Poppy you get Break/Topple/Launch/Smash
Heh, that's interesting! He's been kinda out of my team since 4 appeared.

It would be great if you could speed up the cool down when blade switching. Can be annoying when you see an enemy topped but can't launch them because the launch blade is on cool down. Are there any aux cores or accessories that would help with that?

Arkain

Oct 27, 2017

It would be great if you could speed up the cool down when blade switching. Can be annoying when you see an enemy topped but can't launch them because the launch blade is on cool down. Are there any aux cores or accessories that would help with that?

There are Fast Blade Switch aux cores. You can get a rank V one from one of the mercenary missions.

Draggyrider

Oct 30, 2017
I'm nearing the end I think (round lvl 70) and farmed gold chips for ALL my rare blades and having fun with the amount of loot that drops every fight. Wheres a good place to get Beta scopes? I hate it when enemies resist break.

Also, I found that some enemies have a super powerful move that knocks you back and also puts them in status (like break or topple) is there a good way to resist knockback so you can capitalise? Like AI Rex is awesome at nailing topple when the enemies break themselves, but I can't do it nearly as well.

Overclocking bangles are a good accessory, especially when you switch blades just to get access to combo. It boosts recharge when you swap out of a blade that has stuff still charged.

Zeno

Oct 25, 2017
Got a laugh out of Adenine's "How did you know I liked books?" when using a book for the pocket.

Oct 27, 2017
There are Fast Blade Switch aux cores. You can get a rank V one from one of the mercenary missions.
Thanks! I'll look into it.

I feel a bit overwhelmed with aux cores. You get so many of them during the game and I never really know which are the best ones to use on each blade. Especially as they get a max of 3 slots, usually 2, and sometimes only 1.

Also, I found that some enemies have a super powerful move that knocks you back and also puts them in status (like break or topple) is there a good way to resist knockback so you can capitalise? Like AI Rex is awesome at nailing topple when the enemies break themselves, but I can't do it nearly as well.

I know there are some accessories and/or aux cores that help you resist knockback. It is really annoying when you get knocked back and lie on your ass for like 5 seconds.

Nov 2, 2017
So I just finished Chapter 5...

With the apparent reveal that everyone in Torna is a Blade, it makes me even more certain of my theory that Nia is a Flesh Eater. Other stuff that points to it is her reaction to seeing that Cole was a Flesh Eater, what she wanted Mythra to keep hidden in the hot spring and saying stuff like 'even people like me'.

Obviously people who have beaten the game, don't confirm or deny my theory. It's just something I thought of.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
People complain about a lot :)

You are probably thinking of Chapter 4 comments. It's almost a side-story for Tora.

Yeah thats it. There was a separate thread created just to discus it lol.

Been reading up on the combat and stuff this morning and I have a few extra questions:

Is there a guide that shows which area's monsters do which elemental damage type?

When do you unlock the third slot for Blades?

Is there a Basic/Bread and Butter combo for the beginning of the game that deals Break/Topple/Launch? Still in the early part of Chapter 3 and still havent figured out which attacks are dealing Break, Topple, or Launch yet.

Im watching a video now about the combat and this guy has discriptions under his arts, like Grenade Launcher then it says under (AOE/ Blowdown) How do I turn that on?

Oct 27, 2017
I never actually switch to Ursula, but despite being a healer she gives #4 a nice boost to Agility.
Good lord, I checked her infamous affinity tree. Brutal. Having an ice type is a nice bonus though.

Some of the elemental affinities are annoying as hell though. Herald should be a really obvious dark type, but she is lightning, clashing with Pandoria. Newt is Fire, clashing with Brighid.

Grumble, grumble.

Chaosblade

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah thats it. There was a separate thread created just to discus it lol.

Been reading up on the combat and stuff this morning and I have a few extra questions:

Is there a guide that shows which area's monsters do which elemental damage type?

When do you unlock the third slot for Blades?

Is there a Basic/Bread and Butter combo for the beginning of the game that deals Break/Topple/Launch? Still in the early part of Chapter 3 and still havent figured out which attacks are dealing Break, Topple, or Launch yet.

Im watching a video now about the combat and this guy has discriptions under his arts, like Grenade Launcher then it says under (AOE/ Blowdown) How do I turn that on?

There isn't any sort of bestiary with monster information.

3rd blade slot if unlocked at a point during the story. It's entirely arbitrary.

In the page where you update arts it tells you what effects they have. Break etc are under reactions.

Don't remember the button to enable details but you should be able to see it using the dpad prompts.