• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

RagnarokX

Oct 26, 2017
That new title screen is silly. Feels like it's just meant to appeal to Nia fans. If they're going to do something like this you might as well add the entire cast in. Add Zeke and Morag in.

Ending feels really weird now.

No. Rex doesn't have as close of a relationship with the other party members.
BjjxHmy.jpg

Not sure it feels weird, Nia did still exist at the end of the game and was arguably Rex's best friend.

I don't think having Nia with them muddies the continuity of the story. For all the 'shipping' that gets done, the game is pretty clear Nia and Rex are just friends at the end.

I agree with you that it would have been nice if the entire cast was incorporated into it somehow.
Eh, the only reason people joke Nia got friendzoned was because Rex included everyone in his response to Nia saying she loved him, but Pyra included everyone as well when she told Rex she loved him. That's just how they are. And Nia's dark inner thoughts in Chapter 10 are that she still loves him and is jealous of Pyra. I mean, even if you want Rex to just pick one, Mythra or Pyra are also going to be as friendzoned as Nia, so you might as well throw her in, too.

Mr.Fletcher

Nov 18, 2017
UK
BjjxHmy.jpg

Eh, the only reason people joke Nia got friendzoned was because Rex included everyone in his response to Nia saying she loved him, but Pyra included everyone as well when she told Rex she loved him. That's just how they are. And Nia's dark inner thoughts in Chapter 10 are that she still loves him and is jealous of Pyra. I mean, even if you want Rex to just pick one, Mythra or Pyra are also going to be as friendzoned as Nia, so you might as well throw her in, too.

I get where you're coming. But I think what you're touching on is kind of the big narrative problem the game has in regards to Rex, Pyra/Mythra/Pneuma.

They set up Rex and Pyra as 'the' relationship of the game.

Then they introduce Mythra who is meant to have created Pyra, but she also refers to Pyra as her sister - not that those elements both can't co-exist, but it's a weird, muddy dynamic.

And then Pneuma gets introduced as 'both of them at the same time'.

In the midst of all this we've got Rex saying he's doing all for this for them and Zeke telling Rex to accept the decision of the girl he loves.

And then they bring them back as separate people in the end!

It's hard to get your head around it (as the jumbled sentences above show).

That's the problem when you make the MC's love interest three characters who are all different, but meant to be the same character at the same time.

Asbsand

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Denmark
Character transformations is easily my biggest beef with this story. Gameplay wise it's good. You get an upgrade and Blades are effectively your actual weapons/classes so Pyra vs Mythra is akin to a fire-variant of a longsword in a typical RPG vs a light-based. The plot is effective because it is firstly well told by good methods of writing and cinematic execution but particularly since, despite being cutscene-heavy its primary conflict revolves around the same concept as the gameplay: blades and drivers.

But the problem is the transformations. The narrative justifications are thin, sometimes even unexplained and they literally change the personalities of the people involved, from Pyra and Mythra to Poppi and arguably even Nia who did seem to have altered voice direction in her "true" form.

I'm not tryna say XC2 isn't good anymore, but if there is an apparent flaw that stunts the emotional impact it has to be the transformations.

RagnarokX

Oct 26, 2017
I get where you're coming. But I think what you're touching on is kind of the big narrative problem the game has in regards to Rex, Pyra/Mythra/Pneuma.

They set up Rex and Pyra as 'the' relationship of the game.

Then they introduce Mythra who is meant to have created Pyra, but she also refers to Pyra as her sister - not that those elements both can't co-exist, but it's a weird, muddy dynamic.

And then Pneuma gets introduced as 'both of them at the same time'.

In the midst of all this we've got Rex saying he's doing all for this for them and Zeke telling Rex to accept the decision of the girl he loves.

And then they bring them back as separate people in the end!

It's hard to get your head around it (as the jumbled sentences above show).

That's the problem when you make the MC's love interest three characters who are all different, but meant to be the same character at the same time.
For most of the game Pyra and Mythra are separate personalities who share memories, so they're separate but have the same experiences. They're basically 2 halves of Pneuma. In the end they are split into separate personalities who can have separate experiences.

I think an issue is that western culture has been built to see relationships as between just two people and to despise the concept of poly-amorous relationships. But that kind of relationship can work for some people, and the way the relationships between Rex, Pyra, Mythra, and Nia are presented and how well-adjusted they are, I think they're the types that would work that way. I dunno, usually I'm all for the OTP but something about how those 4 are and how the game sets them up makes me want them to all be happy.

I never really got that feeling with Melia. It was much more one-sided with Melia liking Shulk even though he was dealing with the loss of his love but they never really had a close reciprocal relationship like Rex and Nia have.

Character transformations is easily my biggest beef with this story. Gameplay wise it's good. You get an upgrade and Blades are effectively your actual weapons/classes so Pyra vs Mythra is akin to a fire-variant of a longsword in a typical RPG vs a light-based. The plot is effective because it is firstly well told by good methods of writing and cinematic execution but particularly since, despite being cutscene-heavy its primary conflict revolves around the same concept as the gameplay: blades and drivers.

But the problem is the transformations. The narrative justifications are thin, sometimes even unexplained and they literally change the personalities of the people involved, from Pyra and Mythra to Poppi and arguably even Nia who did seem to have altered voice direction in her "true" form.

I'm not tryna say XC2 isn't good anymore, but if there is an apparent flaw that stunts the emotional impact it has to be the transformations.

Eh, they're not that thin.

With Pyra and Mythra it seems that although Pyra was supposedly created by Mythra, it's likely they both already existed as parts of Pneuma due to them both being based on Aion. Addam was afraid of the power of Aegises because of Malos, so when he resonated with Pneuma his fear filled Pneuma and split her into weaker forms. After the destruction she wrought on the world, Mythra wanted to seal herself away forever and brought out Pyra to take control.

For Poppi, since she's a robot, that's an easy one. Really her personality doesn't change between the 3 forms. They just change voice tones and speech styles.

And for Nia, her personality doesn't change with her form but rather it changes with her attaining self-actualization in chapter 7. She becomes happier due to not being burdened by fear any longer. If you want to say it's tied to her form, think about how your personality changes between being at work forced to wear work attire and put on a professional facade and when you get to let loose and be yourself.

Last edited:

Almaz_Hiro

Jan 20, 2018
Hmm I think he does. He trusts them all, he loves them all (as per chapter 7), could say he considers all those present during that scene as family. That special doesn't really mean much tbh. That's my take on it anyways.

As much as I like the game, chapter 7 and Nia's development onwards is my only the two issues I have.

ShinobiBk

One Winged Slayer
Dec 28, 2017
Omg, it was just meant to be a cute friendly title screen guys. Stop over analyzing it lol

They're all friends. The love interest is the one you picked and if you have a brain that was Mythra

Mr.Fletcher

Nov 18, 2017
UK
For most of the game Pyra and Mythra are separate personalities who share memories, so they're separate but have the same experiences. They're basically 2 halves of Pneuma. In the end they are split into separate personalities who can have separate experiences.

I think an issue is that western culture has been built to see relationships as between just two people and to despise the concept of poly-amorous relationships. But that kind of relationship can work for some people, and the way the relationships between Rex, Pyra, Mythra, and Nia are presented and how well-adjusted they are, I think they're the types that would work that way. I dunno, usually I'm all for the OTP but something about how those 4 are and how the game sets them up makes me want them to all be happy.

I never really got that feeling with Melia. It was much more one-sided with Melia liking Shulk even though he was dealing with the loss of his love but they never really had a close reciprocal relationship like Rex and Nia have.

I understand the cultural point you're making and think it's a fair one, but for me, I don't think they do enough to build Rex and Nia up as romance in the game.

Nia is a great character and the initial scenes between her and Rex are great, with their conversation as they approach the ancient vessel being a highlight for me.

Their characters certainly mesh well but I don't think there's a romantic undertone to their relationship.

I think the scenes between Rex and Pyra where they tend to each other's wounds, when they talk about Addam in Indol and the graveyard scene in particular kind of depict a 'young love'.

And of course the way Rex reacts in those scenes and in others heavily implies, if not outright says he loves Pyra.

Other than Nia's confession, I don't think there's any part of the game written to suggest there's more to their relationship than friendship (other than The Chapter 10 sequence).

It doesn't help that outside of some post battle dialogue, it's never mentioned again.

I think that's my problem with the Nia shipping - I don't think anything REALLY supports it. She's a cool character who has a strong bond with Rex, but that's about it for me.

Nia shoving Rex towards the girls at the end, much like Rex helping Poppi up moments before, is to show there are no hard feelings.

But I don't think that means she doesn't get a happy ending. I know I'm rambling, but I don't think Nia's in a bad place at the end of the game.

The confession was a mistake in the grand scheme of the characters and all their interactions before and after it.

(I say all this as someone who loves the story, oddities and all)

ShinobiBk - welcome to the Xenoblade spoiler thread where we overanalyse everything! Ha!

mugurumakensei

Elizabeth, I’m coming to join you!
Oct 25, 2017
Vandham is perfect fodder for legendary cores in NG+. Beat Ancient Sauros a few times > Level Vandham back to 1 > spend bonus on legendary cores > repeat.

foxuzamaki

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Just beat the game tonight, holy shit.

The fact that xenoblade 1 was happening at the exact same time as 2

Hearing Adam Howdens voice, seeing zanza and mayneth back when they were humans again in more details. Incredible.

Mr.Fletcher

Nov 18, 2017
UK
Just beat the game tonight, holy shit.

The fact that xenoblade 1 was happening at the exact same time as 2

Hearing Adam Howdens voice, seeing zanza and mayneth back when they were humans again in more details. Incredible.

The last three or four chapters are wild! It's one of those games that nails narrative escalation. It builds and builds and really delivers at the end.

Even wonderful games like BoTW botch their ending - not that it had much of a story to close out.

Oct 25, 2017
I think Nia is probably the only non-Pneuma character that Rex directly supports on an emotional level, outside of just osmosis-charisma working its charms. Morag and Zeke develop through him, but more in a general sense of they are developed by the adventure that he lets them go on, and develop through them helping him out, rather than the other way around. Where on the other hand, Rex actively helps Nia come out of her shell through dialogue and support to help her out. Tora *kind* of gets support directly from Rex, but it's more Tora looking up to Rex for being a driver and using him as a role model more than what Nia has going on.

foxuzamaki

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I think Nia is probably the only non-Pneuma character that Rex directly supports on an emotional level, outside of just osmosis-charisma working its charms. Morag and Zeke develop through him, but more in a general sense of they are developed by the adventure that he lets them go on, and develop through them helping him out, rather than the other way around. Where on the other hand, Rex actively helps Nia come out of her shell through dialogue and support to help her out. Tora *kind* of gets support directly from Rex, but it's more Tora looking up to Rex for being a driver and using him as a role model more than what Nia has going on.
Morag and zeke clearly take the role of the adults in the party and intentionly so. So in most cases rex is learning from them instead of the other way around and they also try not to get into drama like sensible adults like with chapter 7
The last three or four chapters are wild! It's one of those games that nails narrative escalation. It builds and builds and really delivers at the end.

Even wonderful games like BoTW botch their ending - not that it had much of a story to close out.
Its really great, loved the escalation. Its also nice that the sci-fi was steadily built up as oppose to the 1st game where it was a out of nowhere reveal(which I was ok with and even like that type of reveal but i know that that was a common complaint about xenoblade 1)

foxuzamaki

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Here's true form Nia being a badass and acting as Dromarch's driver to fight Malos while simulataneously acting as Rex's blade as he takes on Jin.
trueniadriverlbuie.gif
Oh yeah, I want to point out how OP some of rhe characters get in this game, I fucking loved it.

Nia fucking gives malos super cancer.
That is fucking nuts, dont even get me started on the lightspeed and absolute zero from jin and they needed super saiyen 3 pyra to even get on his level, and pneuma pretty much has the power to do anything she wants on a scientific level, especially at the and and doesnt realize it yet.
Tora can make poppi qt pi which is a strong form by itself but gameplay wise can be made into a god king. And is hinted storywise to have incredible power.

I love this shonen ass game

Dremorak

Oct 25, 2017
New Zealand
Not sure it feels weird, Nia did still exist at the end of the game and was arguably Rex's best friend.

I don't think having Nia with them muddies the continuity of the story. For all the 'shipping' that gets done, the game is pretty clear Nia and Rex are just friends at the end.

I agree with you that it would have been nice if the entire cast was incorporated into it somehow.
Part of me wonders if they plan on adding each party member with each update or something. Could be interesting.

Zen Hero

Oct 25, 2017
Is there any interesting stuff on the "new" Blades?
Their weapons are based on existing weapons, but sometimes with a role switch. For example, Akhos's weapon is based on an axe, but he's a healer. That means you can give Nia topple on a healer blade. So they open up a couple of possibilities like that. Especially interesting is that Mikhail and Obrona give Morag a healing art (since they are based on twin rings), even though they are tank and attack blades.

Edit: to clarify, their weapons aren't exactly the same as the weapons they're based on. Some of the arts do have different effects.

Last edited:

Mr.Fletcher

Nov 18, 2017
UK
Its really great, loved the escalation. Its also nice that the sci-fi was steadily built up as oppose to the 1st game where it was a out of nowhere reveal(which I was ok with and even like that type of reveal but i know that that was a common complaint about xenoblade 1)

I prefer how the story unfolded in XC2. It ramps up nicely and delivers interesting answers to big questions.

The first game gets super crazy at the end, which I didn't have a problem with, but I definitely feel XC2 flowed better - at least for me.

I think it helps that you share screen time and fight the villains multiple times throughout the game too. As the game goes on it continues to flesh out both sides, so subsequent encounters between both parties feel more and more intense.

Part of me wonders if they plan on adding each party member with each update or something. Could be interesting.

I'd love to see more title screens incorporated in future updates. It would be great to see everyone in the cast get a spot in the limelight.

Pickles - I didn't know those blades gave Morag those kind of options, sounds really interesting. Can't wait to jump into NG+ eventually.

RagnarokX

Oct 26, 2017
I prefer how the story unfolded in XC2. It ramps up nicely and delivers interesting answers to big questions.

The first game gets super crazy at the end, which I didn't have a problem with, but I definitely feel XC2 flowed better - at least for me.

I think it helps that you share screen time and fight the villains multiple times throughout the game too. As the game goes on it continues to flesh out both sides, so subsequent encounters between both parties feel more and more intense.

I'd love to see more title screens incorporated in future updates. It would be great to see everyone in the cast get a spot in the limelight.

Pickles - I didn't know those blades gave Morag those kind of options, sounds really interesting. Can't wait to jump into NG+ eventually.
I love how all the revelations are dropped that the Architect is a man who came from an ancient civilization and that ancient civilization has advanced technology and everyone's like "Yeah, that makes sense." It's refreshing from that being used as a mindblow for the protagonists. How casually they interact with Klaus and use the escape pod. So good.

Mr.Fletcher

Nov 18, 2017
UK
I love how all the revelations are dropped that the Architect is a man who came from an ancient civilization and that ancient civilization has advanced technology and everyone's like "Yeah, that makes sense." It's refreshing from that being used as a mindblow for the protagonists. How casually they interact with Klaus and use the escape pod. So good.

Yeah, I agree. It a globe-trotting adventure to save the world, but it's not really. It's more about a dozen or so characters, their past and how they grow along the way,

The gut punch of reaching Elysium and finding there is no paradise is, in a lot of ways, the climax of the game. Meeting Klaus and learning about how it all went down is awesome, but it's not really the reason any of those characters are there.

They're searching for hope, not answers (generally).

On another note, I'm really having trouble moving on from this game. Like, I'm really struggling to do it. I can't remember a game that has had such a big impact on me. It's not perfect, but it has just resonated with so strongly... I'm trying to force myself to play other stuff, but I just can't.

Also, here's a great underrated track for you all.

Genocyber

Jan 31, 2018
Have finally finished the game after 145 hours however there is still so much to do and I'm still enjoying the game.

Mr.Fletcher

Nov 18, 2017
UK
With NG+ now out, it makes me wonder how they are going to handle the DLC...

Are we all going to be firing it up later this year with a Lvl99 party with Pneuma, QT Pi and The Eye of Shining Justice ready to tear it apart?

Wonder how they'll balance it. Maybe it'll be something you select from a menu?

Discharger

Oct 25, 2017
On another note, I'm really having trouble moving on from this game. Like, I'm really struggling to do it. I can't remember a game that has had such a big impact on me. It's not perfect, but it has just resonated with so strongly... I'm trying to force myself to play other stuff, but I just can't.

I know the feeling - same thing happened to me. Took a while, but I was able to get into another game, and that made it easier. It also helped that the game I started playing (trails in the sky FC) is fantastic, for different reasons. Finished it and am currently working on the sequel, SC. Although I'm not done with SC, it's already had some great emotional moments that hit me nearly as hard as the ending to XBC2.

Looking forward to getting back into XBC2 to enjoy some newgame+, probably later this year. Also looking forward to the story DLC and the soundtrack release in May.
Still following the XBC2 threads and helping out with answering questions when I can. Want to do what I can to make it easier for more people to get into this great game and see it though to the ending. It's worth the journey.

Mr.Fletcher

Nov 18, 2017
UK
I know the feeling - same thing happened to me. Took a while, but I was able to get into another game, and that made it easier. It also helped that the game I started playing (trails in the sky FC) is fantastic, for different reasons. Finished it and am currently working on the sequel, SC. Although I'm not done with SC, it's already had some great emotional moments that hit me nearly as hard as the ending to XBC2.

Looking forward to getting back into XBC2 to enjoy some newgame+, probably later this year. Also looking forward to the story DLC and the soundtrack release in May.
Still following the XBC2 threads and helping out with answering questions when I can. Want to do what I can to make it easier for more people to get into this great game and see it though to the ending. It's worth the journey.

I've got Okami and Shadow of the Colossus waiting for me, and I've been toying around Super Mario Odyssey's Balloon World - but I still feel unable to commit to anything.

XC2 has a lot of flaws, some more prominent than others, but I just adore it.

I keep telling myself to start something else, but I just don't have the desire at the minute. I've even stopped playing this game, as I've exhausted what I want to do - I keep looking at NG+ but it's a commitment.

Maybe I just need to step back and just take a break from gaming for a bit and not force it?

casiopao

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I had been no stop grinding against the T-Rex lol. Is there any trick on faster grinding right now guys? Like, can i make one of my chara into Level 1 and then i do all ma best into winning a battle against level 90 Rex?

Discharger

Oct 25, 2017
I've got Okami and Shadow of the Colossus waiting for me, and I've been toying around Super Mario Odyssey's Balloon World - but I still feel unable to commit to anything.

XC2 has a lot of flaws, some more prominent than others, but I just adore it.

I keep telling myself to start something else, but I just don't have the desire at the minute. I've even stopped playing this game, as I've exhausted what I want to do - I keep looking at NG+ but it's a commitment.

Maybe I just need to step back and just take a break from gaming for a bit and not force it?

I can't say what worked for me will work for you, but maybe you need to play a game with characters you can get as attached to? The risk is that if that game doesn't end in a way that satisfies your curiosity about what happens to those characters, you're back in the game situation again. Hopefully, the ending to Trails in the sky SC doesn't do that to me, but I get the feeling it won't based on how the rest of the game has gone.

Of course, your suggestion to take a gaming break may not be a bad idea either. Do something you enjoy, and if gaming isn't it right now, it's best to try something else for a bit.

I found it helped to wean myself off XBC2 gradually rather than all at once. Still listening to the soundtrack and keeping up on the threads, just not playing it any longer. I'm still not done with these characters, so I'm still keeping myself somewhat engaged, just though other methods than playing the game.

Mr.Fletcher

Nov 18, 2017
UK
I can't say what worked for me will work for you, but maybe you need to play a game with characters you can get as attached to? The risk is that if that game doesn't end in a way that satisfies your curiosity about what happens to those characters, you're back in the game situation again. Hopefully, the ending to Trails in the sky SC doesn't do that to me, but I get the feeling it won't based on how the rest of the game has gone.

Of course, your suggestion to take a gaming break may not be a bad idea either. Do something you enjoy, and if gaming isn't it right now, it's best to try something else for a bit.

I found it helped to wean myself off XBC2 gradually rather than all at once. Still listening to the soundtrack and keeping up on the threads, just not playing it any longer. I'm still not done with these characters, so I'm still keeping myself somewhat engaged, just though other methods than playing the game.

I'm in the same boat, chipping in on all the threads we've got going and listening to the soundtrack semi-regularly.

That soundtrack though... pure quality. Looking forward to getting it through the post in a few months.

I've not found the game to get me out of my funk just yet, but I'll keep you posted. :)

casiopao - I think with the right accessories, chips and cores you could severely level down and grind against high level monsters to level up fairly fast. Where are you? Gormott? Temperantia?

Discharger

Oct 25, 2017
I'm in the same boat, chipping in on all the threads we've got going and listening to the soundtrack semi-regularly.

That soundtrack though... pure quality. Looking forward to getting it through the post in a few months.

I've not found the game to get me out of my funk just yet, but I'll keep you posted. :)

I'm not going to repeatedly try and convince you to play Trails in the sky, but if you're still looking for a game to help you out of your funk, you may want to check out this link. I found a site that actually details the events and dialogue of the whole game, so if you're trying to tell if it might scratch that itch, you could check out the first part of the game and see if it interests you. I think the dialogue is great - probably the best I've seen in a jrpg, and Estelle is seriously the best jrpg protagonist I've seen. Just so well done.

She has a character arc across the entirely of both games where she recognizes her faults, and the goals she has and works towards improving herself and achieving her goals. She changes over the course of the game in a way that is totally believable, and occurs gradually, which is pretty rare to see in jrpgs.

Won't derail this thread with any more trails talk. XBC2 is still worth discussing

Mr.Fletcher

Nov 18, 2017
UK
I'm not going to repeatedly try and convince you to play Trails in the sky, but if you're still looking for a game to help you out of your funk, you may want to check out this link. I found a site that actually details the events and dialogue of the whole game, so if you're trying to tell if it might scratch that itch, you could check out the first part of the game and see if it interests you. I think the dialogue is great - probably the best I've seen in a jrpg, and Estelle is seriously the best jrpg protagonist I've seen. Just so well done.

She has a character arc across the entirely of both games where she recognizes her faults, and the goals she has and works towards improving herself and achieving her goals. She changes over the course of the game in a way that is totally believable, and occurs gradually, which is pretty rare to see in jrpgs.

Won't derail this thread with any more trails talk. XBC2 is still worth discussing

Cheers, I'll have a look into it and see what I think. :)

CielTynave

Oct 25, 2017
Finally finished the game, despite after a certain point about 40 hours in I originally felt fed up with the game and almost dropped it for good. Getting Morag and having another permanent character that I could bond blades with made a world of difference after being stuck with Tora for so long. Took about 80 hours total, and while I definitely don't regret pushing through the bits I didn't like to getting hooked, this isn't really something that I'd consider GOAT status like some others, mainly because a lot of the mechanics really didn't gel with me (auto attack being a thing that I can't stand under any circumstance, but also the blade pulling, poor UI, wonky-ness of enemy aggro, etc). I do plan on still playing for a while longer though, for some reason filling out affinity charts is oddly compelling (some of them, at least...).

On the story/character side of things, I liked most of the main characters, but they definitely could have used a bit more fleshing out. The fact that a lot of the side quest dialogue just had canned lines from characters really didn't help at all, and while heart to hearts helped a bit it feels like there weren't nearly enough of them. Tbh, I feel like this (and more games in general) should just rip off the skits from Tales games, they go a long way towards fleshing people out, and are probably the main reason why I've always loved most of the casts from those games (hell, I can actually remember all of the characters from pretty much every game, including the ones I haven't played because they were never localized, whereas I had to Google Patroka because I already forgot her name lol). I didn't find Torna particularly compelling either, they really piled on the tragic flashbacks with them a bit too much, and the fact that some of them got these scenes in the same event where they died was pretty awful... They were also the absolute weakest part of the dub, Patroka being especially bad, like her actress was given zero direction for any of her lines. I also found it kind of strange how in the end Malos was the final boss, despite most of the time, especially the beginning, he felt like he was Jin's sidekick, and there was such a huge focus on Jin/Rex near the end whereas for Malos it was like "Oh yeah he's an Aegis, too."

I did however, manage to sort of catch on how this game is connected to the first when you hear Shulk's line near the end, despite not having even played it. That was one of the few "OH SHIT" moments in the game for me.

Still, in spite of all that, the world design was so damn good, and I think if Monolithsoft's next work is more of a straightforward action RPG with a world like this, I'll be all over that shit day one.

Oct 25, 2017
Beat the game yesterday, man what a ride. Shit was hype af especially whenever Counterattack started playing during a cutscene.

I had been no stop grinding against the T-Rex lol. Is there any trick on faster grinding right now guys? Like, can i make one of my chara into Level 1 and then i do all ma best into winning a battle against level 90 Rex?
:@@@@@@
:P/spoiler]

Mr.Fletcher

Nov 18, 2017
UK
I actually really liked that, it spoke volumes about Jin's resolve and his effect on other people. Also, imo, Malos has the best voice acting in the game.

Malos' VA does a cracking job. I actually think he's fairly likeable, which is a testament to the writing and performance.

I don't think he's ever built up to be evil and it turns out, through his connection to Amalthus, he didn't have much of chance to be good either.

I still hope he's the upcoming blade... but I doubt it. :(

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
I think we all can agree, that since Shulk will definitely be back in the new Smash, we will totally get Malos as a clone of him! I mean, Sakurai has played the game too

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Sakurai also really liked Horizon Zero Dawn, like a lot. Could it be!?!??!

My point was that he was aware of Malos being a Monado, which is not general information, and requires actual knowledge on the game. Not just that he like s the game. Considering how few antagonists we get in smash it'd be nice to get another

Harpoon

Oct 27, 2017
I believe I've said this before, but: I'd love it if Malos was in the new Smash as being like to Shulk what Ganondorf is to Captain Falcon.

incogneato

Self Requested Ban
Nov 8, 2017
I think Nia and Rex end up together and Zeke was merely referring to "the girl" Rex loves as a platonic love moreso than romantic. The most romantic moment in the game was Nia's confession to Rex that he was initially oblivious to but nonetheless returned.

Sadist

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Holland
I think Nia and Rex end up together and Zeke was merely referring to "the girl" Rex loves as a platonic love moreso than romantic. The most romantic moment in the game was Nia's confession to Rex that he was initially oblivious to but nonetheless returned.
Oh Rex wasn't oblivious. Dude was flattered, but he didn't have the same feelings as Nia has for him.

I'm not into shipping wars, but Rex only has eyes for either Pyra or Mythra.