• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

CGiRanger

Oct 25, 2017
One final pre-release compilation thread from myself. I thought I'd give a final list of the game's main characters and NPC's, at least the ones that have been mostly publicly unveiled.

I'll update with the English VA if we ever get those. As well as fill in any missing blanks in the other VA or missing art (Niall seems to be the only one without any official artwork)

For RARE Blade Compilation, see this thread: https://www.resetera.com/threads/xe...mpilation-op-to-be-continuously-updated.3884/

So without further ado:

Rex
Salvager of the Cloud Sea
JPN VA: Hiro Shimono
ENG VA:
6fFVzdm.jpg

Pyra and Mythra
The Aegis of Elysium
JPN VA: Shino Shimoji
ENG VA:
VvcVC0A.png

5qIjBvI.jpg

Nia
Driver of Gormott
JPN VA: Hitomi Owada
ENG VA:
WdDgvO2.jpg

Dromarch
Blade of Nia
JPN VA: Tetsu Inada
ENG VA:
hi6T1gu.jpg

Tora
The Nopon Mechanic
JPN VA: Ai Nonaka
ENG VA:
JGNSNv5.png

Poppi
Tora's Artificial Blade
JPN VA: Misaki Kuno
ENG VA:
IVYUuIL.jpg

Zeke
Eye of Shining Justice
JPN VA: Kenjiro Tsuda
ENG VA:
yRSaR8h.jpg

Pandoria
Blade of Zeke
JPN VA: Ryo Hirohashi
ENG VA:
zWJ31d6.png

Morag
Special Inquisitor of the Ardanian Empire
JPN VA: Mitsuki Saiga
ENG VA:
QPWKqmr.jpg

Brighid
Jewel of Mor Ardain
JPN VA: Shizuka Ito
ENG VA:
MKuPHE1.jpg

Vandham
Mercenary Leader
JPN VA: Tessho Genda
ENG VA:
YLYU9OG.jpg

Roc
Blade of Vandham
JPN VA: Takahiro Fujimoto
ENG VA:
adyxG2F.jpg

Niall
Emperor of Mor Ardain
JPN VA:
ENG VA:
rgTkmHC.jpg

Raqura
Queen of Uraya
JPN VA:
ENG VA:
nUj7IFp.jpg

Bana
Argentum Trade Guild Chairman
JPN VA: Akio Otsuka
ENG VA:
8jr19Z1.jpg

Eulogimenos
King of Tantal
JPN VA:
ENG VA:
cZw8BsT.jpg

Amalthus
Preator of Indol
JPN VA:
ENG VA:
AOj10Qu.jpg

Jin
Leader of Torna
JPN VA: Takahiro Sakurai
ENG VA:
fRbUxQc.jpg

Malos
Torna's Second-in-Command
JPN VA: Yuichi Nakamura
ENG VA:
XmoNrgs.png

Akhos
The Brains of Torna
JPN VA: Nobunaga Shimazaki
ENG VA:
Laym5TT.png

Last edited:

Benzychenz

One Winged Slayer
Nov 1, 2017
Australia
Rex is a trashfire but the rest are actually pretty damn great.

I've been avoiding most trailers and stuff but these designs have me pretty exited to dive into this world.

Fusionterra

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
User banned (24h): thread whining, despite previous warnings
Great, another thread, another design complain.

Raijinto

self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
These characters are very well designed. Good thread OP, I like the main characters in particular.

Hoping against hope here that this thread goes some new places or something

Poyunch

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Does that bird have huge breasts?

I'm ready to love Poppi as a party member. Always a fan of the dorky robots.

Enduin

You look 40
Oct 25, 2017
New York
There are some characters I like a lot and then most I don't like at all. If there's one thing I continually find myself thinking with nearly every new character we see it is that their designs feel way too busy. Many of the blades are visually confusing, while most characters feel like they have a lot of superfluous adornments that just feel distracting and pointless often times to the point of being a liability.

As much as I've liked the Xenoblade series I've never like the character designs in any of the games that much. Always just tolerated things. Just bad faces and generally bad outfits, though in 2's case it's much more of the latter than the former which XBC and X were more guilty of.

Pretty much every Monolith Soft game has paled in comparison to the character designs from Baten Kaitos, which were both incredibly imaginative and colorful while still feeling appropriate to the setting and feeling practical. There were some duds among the two games for sure, but on the whole most characters looked great, especially in Origins. All the more surprisingly/sad that one of the blades designed by BK's character artist is possibly one of the worst ones we've seen so far.

OP
OP
CGiRanger

CGiRanger

Oct 25, 2017
Does that bird have huge breasts?

I'm ready to love Poppi as a party member. Always a fan of the dorky robots.
I think that those adornments on Roc are more like those kind of "poofs" in attire for royalty (dunno the correct term). But there really hasn't been a good in-game screenshot of him yet

Deleted member 9971

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Pyra, Nia, Tora, Bana, Poppi and Amalthus are my favorites. Rex is also growing on me i first just was very meh on his design but liking it now.

Edit: Dromarch is pretty awesome too, also like Mythra. Oh and that bird looks cool too.

Last edited:

Molten_

Oct 28, 2017
rex's design is so stupid. you're not diving any more, put on some new clothes.

(still excited for this game though)

Servbot24

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
They're actually not bad overall, some cool designs among them. The two main characters are by far the worst.

Yolkghost

Oct 25, 2017
I really love Brighid's design and hope Morag joins us for some reason or that we at least gain the ability to attain Brighid.

The team's probably stopping at 4 due to all the blades though, but i'd love for some unknown party members.

Trago

Oct 25, 2017
Xenoblade character designs were never a strength for this series....

'Cept for Dunban.

sanstesy

Banned
Nov 16, 2017
Every time I see that Rex art it reminds me of

The pose. The big ass clothes/gear.

Nia is my favourite. Legit great character design.

Amaterasu

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I do too. And I like Pyra and Mythra both. I'm really feeling it!

Actually, I'm feeling torn because I see footage is online, but I'm doing my damnedest not to click and watch any....waiting for Friday night... :(
Yeah, I'm ready for Friday. Worst part of second shift is I go into work right as my game shows up...

Enduin

You look 40
Oct 25, 2017
New York
Nia is my favourite. Legit great character design.

Nia and Dromarch are probably the most visually cohesive pairing we've seen so far. Catgirl aside she and Dromarch don't feel overdesigned or anything and just work together. Can't say the same for most other characters sadly. Poppi is pretty great too but I fucking hate Nopons. Talking mascot races are the worst.

ryushe

Oct 27, 2017
The more I see Rex, the more I'm really digging his design. I only wish he didn't have cutoffs.

Huggy

Oct 25, 2017
I love Nia's design so much!

Also really enjoy Poppi, Akhos, Jin, Pyra, Mythra.

Honestly I really enjoy the character designs for this game so far, even more so than Xenoblade 1 which had Dunban, Melia and Sharla. Heck even Rex has grown on me some, though his pants are silly as hell.

crookedaxis

Oct 27, 2017
Roc art design is boss, the game model looks weird D:
but it's just one bad pic, i need to take a better look