• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Trago

Oct 25, 2017
Ehhh...

giphy-downsized-large.gif

What the fuck.

sanstesy

Banned
Nov 16, 2017
Jesus, that's my first time seeing that blade. That isn't even fanservice at this point. o.o

Harpoon

Oct 27, 2017
I like both Vandham and Morag's designs a lot, and their Blades are also two of the coolest-looking. Hope they really are playable.

Also, Roc's JP VA is Takahiro Fujimoto.

Deleted member 5535

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm not going to lie, this is the first time that I liked an artstyle and character design of a Xenoblade. I played the first one and X and I never liked it until now so I'm glad that they did it, it's much better than before for me.

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not going to lie, this is the first time that I liked an artstyle and character design of a Xenoblade. I played the first one and X and I never liked it until now so I'm glad that they did it, it's much better than before for me.

I'm not hot on all the designs, but the in-game modeling and animation is far superior to Xenoblade 1 or X.

Deleted member 5535

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm not hot on all the designs, but the in-game modeling and animation is far superior to Xenoblade 1 or X.

Yeah, I'm not liking every bit of it too but even then in my case is already better than in the past when I didn't liked the artstyle itself. And yeah, the animation and modeling are excellent compared to past games, it's like an anime.

JMY86

Oct 27, 2017
United States
A lot of shit has been heaped on this game due to some people's opinion of the character designs but I must say that I really like most of the character designs other than Rex who is kinda bland IMO but I am hoping he grows on me. I especially like the designs of Poppi and Nia who both seems like they are going to be really fun characters and of course Morag who looks like a total badass.

SatoAilDarko

Oct 25, 2017
Jin is the only character design I really like. Morag is good too. There are some others that are fine but I don't have enough positive views on other errors half and some are just really bad. Some Blade designs reach a whole other level of what.

The more chibi-like aesthetic of something like Tales is by far my least favorite character style so this aspect of the game is especially painful for me.

This is going to be a game where I enjoy the exploration and gameplay and some sidequests but probably not the main narrative.

Dice

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
I'm looking forward to this game, but jeez. Stuff like this really puts kind of a damper on that.

My camp too. I hate this, and it's awkward as hell when it's on screen... but the rest offered by the series is usually too good to pass up.

We should get that awesome chart of the BLADE VA's too.
But this is nice so far~~

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Jesus, that's my first time seeing that blade. That isn't even fanservice at this point. o.o

Never underestimate what people can be into.

Rex is weird. I don't hate the design but it's definitely not one of my favorites. He's like some odd combination of Sora and Tidus.

I'm hoping to get a Switch this year and will check this out as soon as I'm able. It looks really good.

Brewster123

Self-Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Charlottesville, VA
rex's design is so stupid. you're not diving any more, put on some new clothes.

(still excited for this game though)
Actually, Diving is a gameplay mechanic... There are salvage points where you can have Rex dive below the cloud sea to potentially haul up treasure... Here's footage if you want:

Anyways, My personal favorites are Zeke, Poppy, and the Nomura designs...
Hidden content
You need to reply to this thread in order to see this content.

MrMegaMill

Nov 28, 2017
I don't get why people are complaining.

Final Fantasy's Shiva has been wearing the same thing since the 90s. If you ever played one of those games and didn't throw your arms up in protest, there might be an issue.

Vareon

Oct 25, 2017
Morag & Brighid remains my favorite Driver & Blade. Both designs are gorgeous. Please have them playable.

Vamphuntr

Oct 25, 2017
Who are the character designers? The artstyle seems to change as you go down the list. The last 3 characters looks like something Tetsuya Nomura would draw, especially the last one.

No Depth

Oct 27, 2017
I...don't see a problem with these?

I mean Rex's pants are an eyesore, but anime has given us far worse. Far, far worse.

Sub Boss

Banned
Nov 14, 2017
Rex is starting to not bother in cutscenes, tiger blade looks badass
That kid emperor is so going to die

I hate Poppi

Amalthus looks like he could be evil

OP
OP
CGiRanger

CGiRanger

Oct 25, 2017
hey CGiRanger so you can update it
UUAUQbe.jpg
Thanks for this. I didn't add the final two Torna yet because their English names are still unknown. I also haven't added any of their Blades yet since we've only really seen Akhos' and that still doesn't have an English name either (JPN is "Kamui", so I'm thinking maybe it will be "Corrin" :P)
Amalthus looks like he could be evil
The head of a Theocracy being Evil in a Takahashi game? What nonsense are you spoutin Monado Boy!

OP
OP
CGiRanger

CGiRanger

Oct 25, 2017
Does anybody know if rare blades are hard to find? Or are they tied to quest? Because I want that ice bunny ;)
None of the previewers were allowed to elaborate on those questions. Though the implication is that some RARE blades are tied to quests, some are things you need to grind at, and others may be dropped by very tough Unique Monsters.

I know that Takahashi said in a recent interview Q&A with Famitsu that some RARE blades are indeed "quite hard to get" and he's looking forward to people attempting to do so.

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Heh, Nia is definitely one of the more refined catgirls in media. Probably my favorite main cast design

Filament Star

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Liking what I'm seeing of the designs so far, especially Pyra and Mythra.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Nia and Dromarch are definitely my favorites here. Jin also looks kind of cool. Everyone else, meh to just outright terrible. Which wouldn't be so bad if two of those terrible designs weren't the leads, but alas...

I still laugh every time I see this, just awful lol