Oscarzx n

May 24, 2018
Santiago, Chile
I saw this on Twitter

View: https://twitter.com/MacMega_/status/1553482043895545861?s=20&t=u1A63x9tbyxRNM83Deg_bA

View: https://twitter.com/TheNCSmaster/status/1553549835931901955?s=20&t=MJamRHvaJRRmINQvL1NCgg

I saw the Metacritic of both games and in the case of Xenoblade 3 very few of the negative reviews are written and the ones that are give completely different reasons, mostly stupid ones. In the case of Digimon also very few of those 0/10 are written, but the ones that are only say is bad because is a VN. I think this is a new low for Metacritic user's score.

Theiea

Oct 27, 2017
User scores on meta critic might be the most useless rating on the entire internet.

delete12345

One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Boston, MA
User scores on meta critic might be the most useless rating on the entire internet.
Yet, it's still available to see for a long time.

Apparently people didn't realize its a Visual Novel???
Not knowing Digimon Survive is a hybrid visual novel and tactical RPG, I can understand. Xenoblade Chronicles 3 might have been because it's a long-winded game most of them aren't used to.

ditusjack

Oct 26, 2017
Digimon PC version i could see a little because the port have some big problems that i read on twitter people are simply emulating the Switch version instead of keep playing their steam copies, but even them i imagine it would be a review bombing on Steam, but Xenoblade...?

Apparently people didn't realize Digimon Survive is a Visual Novel???

That too, another reason for Survive, but i'm still puzzled with Xeno 3.

delete12345

One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Boston, MA
eiMMsQy.png

Review bombed because Xenoblade Chronicles 3 has no Pyra.

ragolliangatan

▲ Legend ▲
Aug 31, 2019
metacritic user ratings are the most useless reviews. people either give a 10 or a 0 in the majority of cases. Why they still exist is beyond me.

Dolce

Oct 25, 2017
maybe the "they censored it" crowd for xbc3. people mad that Survive, a very unique concept, isn't just another regular ass RPG are dumb though.

DontHateTheBacon

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 27, 2017
User reviews for videogames get more and more pointless every day.

Use Twitch. YouTube. Watch people play the game. Don't read user reviews on something like Metacritic.

--R

Being sued right now, please help me find a lawyer
Oct 25, 2017
Maybe it's the same guy that review bombed AI: Somnium Files on his own all those years back.

TheMerv

Jan 1, 2022
People are deeply upset you can't click in the stick to glory kill Patamon to the tune of heavy metal I suppose.

JoanneAlley

alt account
Banned
Jun 9, 2022
May I ask why do you accuse me?

edit: mixed up my references with the titanfall hacker lmao

Last edited:

delete12345

One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Boston, MA

--R

Being sued right now, please help me find a lawyer
Oct 25, 2017
www.resetera.com

AI: The Somnium Files was review bombed on Metacritic (From 8.2 to 1.9 in 1 day)

FYI, it's someone deliberately demonstrating how utterly busted the site is. You might want to take a closer look at the Internet Archive. The first entry for that fateful day, on 08:38:05. Shows the score before it was "bombed" By 09:51:35, the game had dropped into the yellow. Then once...

Guy that got mad at the treatment of a character on the game (because he was legit in love with her) and review bombed the game under the guise of tests.

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
Maybe the AI: Sominum Files guy is back for revenge
Maybe it's the same guy that review bombed AI: Somnium Files on his own all those years back.
They did it again on another forum, so this would be round 3.
As for me. I think it's also the end of the line, i'm done falling in love with fictional characters only to lose them over awful shit like this. So i'm going to fade away for a while.
and spend the rest of my days focusing solely on preservation work and nothing else, no friendships, no casual conversation, none of it. I have no real reason to partake in it if it's always gong to end the same damn way.
you-know.gif

For anyone confused, the quoted text is what they posted at the time of the second review bomb.

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018
As for me. I think it's also the end of the line, i'm done falling in love with fictional characters only to lose them over awful shit like this. So i'm going to fade away for a while.
and spend the rest of my days focusing solely on preservation work and nothing else, no friendships, no casual conversation, none of it. I have no real reason to partake in it if it's always gong to end the same damn way.

Viale

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
I hate people.

Survive is awesome and with no critic reviews right now, this might actually turn people off :/

mrmickfran

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Gongaga
www.resetera.com

AI: The Somnium Files was review bombed on Metacritic (From 8.2 to 1.9 in 1 day)

FYI, it's someone deliberately demonstrating how utterly busted the site is. You might want to take a closer look at the Internet Archive. The first entry for that fateful day, on 08:38:05. Shows the score before it was "bombed" By 09:51:35, the game had dropped into the yellow. Then once...

Guy that got mad at the treatment of a character on the game (because he was legit in love with her) and review bombed the game under the guise of tests.
Fuck

I'm so curious but I just started the game so I guess I'll bookmark it

SpaceUI

Oct 31, 2017
www.resetera.com

This is wild. Makes me want to play the game, sad I missed the last sale.
This is a very unfortunate situation, I was just checking the Xb3 metascore and wondered why it was so low user-wise. They should implement a minimum of words for a review. Specially since people in the industry may care about these scores.

GSR

Oct 25, 2017
They did it again on another forum, so this would be round 3.

you-know.gif

For anyone confused, the quoted text is what they posted at the time of the second review bomb.

Oh, I'm... legit sad to hear about this. I tried talking to him around the time AI originally came out and he was struggling with interacting with it healthily, and after he pulled that stunt I was hoping he would get some help. That he did it again years later is really disappointing.

Oct 25, 2017
X had a 13 year old (as I recall) you could put in some pretty inappropriate clothing, to be fair!

I get your point, but don't forget that Xenoblade X garnered a fair amount of 'censorship" complaints for the localization removing the bust slider and shots of Lin (a 13 year old) in a bikini.
True, but you also to have remember a very important thing. Nobody played Xenoblade X. A lot of people played Xenoblade 2 (and Smash Bros).

Son of Sparda

"This guy are sick" says The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
After taking a small glance at those low scoring user reviews for Xeno 3, it seems like some are mad that it's a Switch game looking like.... a Switch game. A few said the story and characters are boring and there was one about how it doesn't have Pyra so it deserves a zero lol

Can't find a through-line really, seems like people are just review bombing it for whatever reason. I've been (slowly) playing it and I'm just at the start of Chapter 2. It's been a blast thus far ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

RockmanBN

Visited by Knack - One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Cornfields
X had a 13 year old (as I recall) you could put in some pretty inappropriate clothing, to be fair!
I get your point, but don't forget that Xenoblade X garnered a fair amount of 'censorship" complaints for the localization removing the bust slider and shots of Lin (a 13 year old) in a bikini.
Understandable. 2 being the highest selling game brought in more of those, so 3 going almost completely backwards to those designs sure did piss em off. Nearly 60 hours in and this is all I've really seen for sexualized designs (both revealed by marketing). The latter not even that bad lol.
FQ4camXXoAAnNp8.jpg:large

Erdago

Apr 2, 2020
Why are gamers such weirdos?
Because the internet inherently amplifies the craziest and dumbest responses possible. Most gamers really aren't that terrible, but wouldn't need or want to constantly post about everything. Honestly, it's probably best to not even make these kind of threads and just avoid giving them undue attention.

Viale

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
www.resetera.com

Lmao, people are fucking wild. I hope they're doing better wherever they are.

grand

Oct 25, 2017
Xenoblade 3 isn't remotely surprising and honestly that's not a very low score for a review bomb

Now Digimon is the real question mark. What's going on there

Adlez

Oct 25, 2017
These people are disgusting. I suspect they make up for a good portion of the XC2 fanatics