• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Philippo

Developer
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
Preorded on Gamestop Italy.
Haven't bought a LE in probably 10 years, but damn if a vinyl ain't worth the 40€ difference alone.

Brofield

Oct 25, 2017
I don't suppose there's been any restocks lately of the North American Collector's Edition in Canada? I set up alerts with nowinstock but in genuinely surprised I haven't heard a peep from them.

Dany1899

Dec 23, 2017
Preorded on Gamestop Italy.
Haven't bought a LE in probably 10 years, but damn if a vinyl ain't worth the 40€ difference alone.
I am still waiting for Amazon.it, since GameStop requires to pay immediately - at least it seemed so, when I tried.
If Amazon doesn't open pre-order by tomorrow, however, I think I will have to choose GameStop, before they close the orders.

Philippo

Developer
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
I am still waiting for Amazon.it, since GameStop requires to pay immediately - at least it seemed so, when I tried.
If Amazon doesn't open pre-order by tomorrow, however, I think I will have to choose GameStop, before they close the orders.

By the GS confirmation mail I received:

"Importante: In caso di preordine, l'importo relativo all'ordine del prodotto verrà addebitato alcuni giorni (fino a 10 gg.) prima della spedizione."

So it looks like I won't be charged before May 19th at the earliest.

Dany1899

Dec 23, 2017
By the GS confirmation mail I received:

"Importante: In caso di preordine, l'importo relativo all'ordine del prodotto verrà addebitato alcuni giorni (fino a 10 gg.) prima della spedizione."

So it looks like I won't be charged before May 19th at the earliest.
So do you just have to introduce the credentials of your card, and you are not immediately charged? In that case, I may pre-order it, and if I find it on Amazon I request a cancellation later.

MisterSpo

One Winged Slayer
Feb 12, 2019
I really like the new look and am looking forward to hearing more of the soundtrack. I've got my (European) collector's set pre-ordered. Bit expensive, but I love the original release and don't mind splashing out every now and again.

Dany1899

Dec 23, 2017
Seems like it.
I just inserted the PayPal data but have not been charged yet.
Thank you! I pre-ordered it from GameStop. On my bank account, the payment is present but as "not recorded" (non contabilizzato). I assume that it won't be recorded until 10 days before the shipment. This way, I can request the cancellation if I manage to get it on Amazon, and at the same time I have a safe copy.

King Kingo

Banned
Dec 3, 2019
We've probably already seen them. I think the two new Nopon who'll be in the party with Shulk and Melia in the extra part of the game are Rex and Pyra in Nopon form.

I really hope that's not the case. We don't need to Kingdom Hearts this franchise by revealing character A was character B this whole time.

I propose a better idea. Those two Nopon are going to be key characters in Xenoblade Chronicles 3.

Procheno

Alt Account
Banned
Nov 14, 2018
Quick comparison of Gaur Plains as it's the easiest to get screenshots of:

latest

EUT6HvwU0AAc4UV.jpg
If only XBC:DE actually looked liked that on the bottom lol

It's supersampled which is why it looks so clean, especially in the distance

Xenoblade-Chronicles-Definitive-Edition_2020_03-26-20_002.jpg

This is an actual screenshot

Onix555

Apr 23, 2019
UK
People are delving into armchair dev-ing again without even having the game in their hands.

Wait for it to actually come out, then you can say whatever you like, but before then just wait.

Philippo

Developer
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
Thank you! I pre-ordered it from GameStop. On my bank account, the payment is present but as "not recorded" (non contabilizzato). I assume that it won't be recorded until 10 days before the shipment. This way, I can request the cancellation if I manage to get it on Amazon, and at the same time I have a safe copy.

You're welcome!
I haven't it present as "non contabilizzato" yet, probably because of PayPal, but is should be the same.

Oregano

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah had to do a double take, top image is emulated in HD. with better textures(?) I don't understand why there'sa no basic fact checking even in threads like this.

Well I posted it knowing it was too high res(not sure about the textures though?) mainly just to show/visualise the difference in assets.

If the textures are altered that's even more in favour of the original than I intended...

Deleted member 2791

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's actually not that easy to find screenshots of the original Xenoblade that aren't blatantly uprezzed through Dolphin or come from the 3DS version (outside of the few that every review from 2011 had and were likely shared by Nintendo) but when you find some then oh boy
1840713-xenoblade_17.jpg

1046331-rvl_monado_02ss05_e3.jpg

1840702-xenoblade_28.jpg

1046334-rvl_monado_02ss07_e3.jpg

I believe the last one had a direct comparison in the recent Xenoblade DE showcase?

Muras

Oct 28, 2017

New video from Xeno detective Miiks. Spoilers obviously for XB1 and XB2. Some truly great stuff discussing the Future Connected epilogue. I wonder why they deleted all of their old videos.

I don't particularly agree with everything he says, but I've always felt that Mira has had some sort of connections to Shulk's world (Most people just passed things off as easter eggs). Xenoblade 2 wasn't even the game that first introduced the multiverse concept, since it was briefly mentioned in Xenoblade X by Luxaar at the end of the game regarding the Samaarians ("They" came from another plane). It's also hinted that the White Whale crossed dimensions to Mira in one of the short stories that take place before the main game.

The "Y" symbol on Shulk's Monodo is nothing unusual. Everything related to the Machina/Mechonis has those weird symbols (Or tops of screws/gears?) all over them. You see them on some Mechon, and on the floor of Junks in the trailer. I remember seeing them throughout Mechonis Field in the original too. So it likely means the gray part of the Monodo is made by the Machina, which is likely the power source/reactor, and the rest is Shulk's design. Same deal with Melia's staff.

The shoulder can be easily seen during the ending of the game too, so it's not super far from Colony 9. A number of years ago I used that hack to wander around the area and took a picture of it in the distance:

I was trying to get a good shot of it because it really reminds me of Talon Rock in Xenoblade X:

I don't have any pictures of it, but there's other structures on the shoulder that resemble structures in Primordia. I'll have to relearn how to hack the game to try to take pictures of them though. Who knows if they'll still be there in Future Connected.

I never felt that Shulk's world was the same world as Rex's, or that they merged since nothing at the end of Xeno 2 indicated something THAT "spectacular" happened, but I have to admit that the concept art for Mira shows some rather curious things that may point to that possibility:

The large tower kinda reminds me of the broken off world tree, and to the right of it looks like something similar to Alcamoth. It's not EXACTLY like Alcamoth, but you'd have a hard time telling the difference without pictures side by side.

Is the "Eye of Sauron" the rumored Great One? /shrug

I got other "findings" from Xeno X that might show possible connections to Xenoblade 1/2 through things like NPC dialog and the collectopedia, some of it being a bit of a stretch and some not, but who knows though. I feel that Future Connected will at least confirm or put to rest the possible Xeno X connections.

Monster Zero

Nov 5, 2017
Southern California
I don't particularly agree with everything he says, but I've always felt that Mira has had some sort of connections to Shulk's world (Most people just passed things off as easter eggs). Xenoblade 2 wasn't even the game that first introduced the multiverse concept, since it was briefly mentioned in Xenoblade X by Luxaar at the end of the game regarding the Samaarians ("They" came from another plane). It's also hinted that the White Whale crossed dimensions to Mira in one of the short stories that take place before the main game.

The "Y" symbol on Shulk's Monodo is nothing unusual. Everything related to the Machina/Mechonis has those weird symbols (Or tops of screws/gears?) all over them. You see them on some Mechon, and on the floor of Junks in the trailer. I remember seeing them throughout Mechonis Field in the original too. So it likely means the gray part of the Monodo is made by the Machina, which is likely the power source/reactor, and the rest is Shulk's design. Same deal with Melia's staff.

The shoulder can be easily seen during the ending of the game too, so it's not super far from Colony 9. A number of years ago I used that hack to wander around the area and took a picture of it in the distance:

I was trying to get a good shot of it because it really reminds me of Talon Rock in Xenoblade X:

I don't have any pictures of it, but there's other structures on the shoulder that resemble structures in Primordia. I'll have to relearn how to hack the game to try to take pictures of them though. Who knows if they'll still be there in Future Connected.

I never felt that Shulk's world was the same world as Rex's, or that they merged since nothing at the end of Xeno 2 indicated something THAT "spectacular" happened, but I have to admit that the concept art for Mira shows some rather curious things that may point to that possibility:

The large tower kinda reminds me of the broken off world tree, and to the right of it looks like something similar to Alcamoth. It's not EXACTLY like Alcamoth, but you'd have a hard time telling the difference without pictures side by side.

Is the "Eye of Sauron" the rumored Great One? /shrug

I got other "findings" from Xeno X that might show possible connections to Xenoblade 1/2 through things like NPC dialog and the collectopedia, some of it being a bit of a stretch and some not, but who knows though. I feel that Future Connected will at least confirm or put to rest the possible Xeno X connections.

What are your thoughts on what they say about the Nopon and how they could relate to Alrest?

Muras

Oct 28, 2017
What are your thoughts on what they say about the Nopon and how they could relate to Alrest?

I'm not sure I have any particular thoughts on them. They don't really remind me of Rex and Pyra... The green one, to me, is just wearing the usual Nopon backpack (Or something) similar to what Tatsu wears. If the worlds have merged, maybe they're from Alrest. But right now they just appear to be typical Nopon to me. If the worlds are merged, I wouldn't hate the scenario Miiks talked about I suppose, heh.

stn

Oct 28, 2017
I went browsing on Amazon as soon as the limited edition was announced, no listing. Then, as it is listed I miss out and now its out of stock. Is production of the limited edition very small?

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
US amazon here, not only is the special edition not listed but the regular version while listed isn't available for preorder

kodax_shc

Oct 27, 2017
Southern California
A friend in the UK helped me preorder the collector's edition so it's a relief to have that taken care of. Still hoping that I can get an order in on Amazon UK whenever that goes up.

Brewster123

Self-Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Charlottesville, VA
I wonder if they will alter the fight at Sword Valley where the player can kill a bunch of faced mechon, only to have Shulk talk about how the party should avoid killing people until they know what's going on behind the scenes. I always struck me how hypocritical it could be if the player (assuming they were playing as Shulk) killed all the faced-mechon before fighting Metal Face and now would be the time to change it.

Last edited:

Cordelia

Jan 25, 2019
Weird theory since we know from the bit with The Architect that Nopon is not native to Alrest. They are not The Architect's creations.

I do agree that those Nopons are reference to Rex and Pyra, especially this Pyra

uhwtz8r9rfg21.jpg

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Weird theory since we know from the bit with The Architect that Nopon is not native to Alrest. They are not The Architect's creations.

I do agree that those Nopons are reference to Rex and Pyra, especially this Pyra

uhwtz8r9rfg21.jpg
I unironically prefer that version, which is weird cause usually I dislike twintails

Bit_Reactor

Banned
Apr 9, 2019
I think people are reading too much into the nopons to be honest. They're most likely party members or who are joining the new bits of story. It'd be interesting to be proven wrong but I don't buy them being linked to Alrest or Rex/Pyra in any way.