• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Yazuka

Oct 27, 2017
Sweden
MY GAWD!
I'm so hyped! Liked that recon, liked it very much.
God I can hardly wait. We in the EU really got the better CE.
And it shall be mine!

Bit_Reactor

Banned
Apr 9, 2019
It'll depend on what retailer gets the exclusive here
I would like to request a PM if anyone finds out then. Xenoblade is one of the very few franchises I shill out hard for, and I'd like to lock it down before finances become any worse with the current situation in the world. It's the one thing I plan on making a big expenditure for while hoarding the rest for living expenses as safety for job security and the like.

Cordelia

Jan 25, 2019
af920c3e69ed84d582bb44939bcf7575.png

HURRAY FOR FASHION SLOTS!!

Deleted member 56266

Account closed at user request
Banned
Apr 25, 2019
Ended up getting digital. Would have gotten the special edition if we got the EU one.

Also, I don't want to wait for the delivery to play on Friday lol.

Deleted member 3208

Oct 25, 2017
Take out the elemental orbs part of xb2, also no swapping blades, all your 8-10 skills are on the character
you can auto attack while moving
the combo is break > topple > dazzle

there is also one extra mechanic that is pretty fun, but its also a spoiler, you get it about 8 hours in, i think thats the most fun part of xbc1 combat

Shulk can see the future, so the party gets warnings of the next powerful move the enemy is going to do, and you have 12 seconds to do something to mitigate the damage/effects of that move. You can spend 1/3 of your chain attack gauge bar to order someone else (other than the character you control) to do something specific or you can just do something yourself. Generally those warnings are solved by a specific monado art but you could manipulate agro or do some other stuff to prevent it
Mentioning that spoiler, I do hope that the first music continues playing instead of being replaced the entirety of the battle.

Shahadan

Oct 27, 2017
If only could play this during the quarantine ._.
Superior collector edition in europe at least.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Convenient that they don't show any of Melia's voice lines in the new content so we can't tell if she's been recast or not. C'mon, Nintendo. Don't fuck this up.

MilkBeard

Oct 25, 2017
That's cool, this game will be a lot more enjoyable today with this facelift. I like the new menus and updated graphics.

Firemind

Oct 25, 2017
Visual customization sure, but the build diversity is far more customizeable in XB2.
Well despite liking XC1's combat more, XC2 has it beat when it comes to customization. You can go as far as doing complete role changes in XC2 due to how the blade system works.
The customization is based entirely on gacha though which isn't a rewarding system since it's random. In XB1 you get rewarded for exploring the world and you actually control what you want to customize.

Oct 27, 2017
So I guess that Gamestop re-printing of the first game after it was so hard to find that I never played has become a bit of a wasted purchase.

I hate that I just wrote that sentence. Yay for game!

Homura

ā–² Legend ā–²
Aug 20, 2019
Did the XC2 cast go to the XC1 world in the ending? Or was it a completely different world? I've played it a lot ago and don't remember much.

Bit_Reactor

Banned
Apr 9, 2019
The customization is based entirely on gacha though which isn't a rewarding system since it's random. In XB1 you get rewarded for exploring the world and you actually control what you want to customize.
The method of customization isn't gacha in terms of money spent, but you won't hear hardly anyone defend the way the blade rolls work. However regardless of the method, there is more customization and in greater depth in XB2. Which is what I was calling out. Not the methodology.

I think XB2's actual system is way better, but hate the gacha. But when Torna came out the problem became that all that build diversity was almost gone because of the fact that everyone was locked into blades. I believe in the middle, with preset blades and then optional blades that can be freely swapped between drivers is the perfect blend of the system.

Regardless there is less customization in XB1, but we'll see if they change the system at all.

Deleted member 56266

Account closed at user request
Banned
Apr 25, 2019
Did the XC2 cast go to the XC1 world in the ending? Or was it a completely different world? I've played it a lot ago and don't remember much.

No, that never happened. Shulk and Fiora came to the XB2 world for the challenge mode, but that has questionable canonicity. (Elma was there too, so...)

Onix555

Apr 23, 2019
UK
You get Blades out of Gacha, but everything else (Gems, addons, upgrades) you get in shops or off monsters.

Deleted member 31092

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 5, 2017

I've not played XC but what I got from XC2 ending is that they are parallel universe born from the experiment, at the end they just go back on their world but without the sea of cloud

Nintenleo

Nov 9, 2017
Italy

At the end of XC2 the cast go on a new world that were formed by a sort of "pangea" of all the titans. There's a possibility that the new world at the end of XC1 is the same

P-Bo

One Winged Slayer
Jun 17, 2019
Was already going to day-one this game--but the epilogue was what I really wanted.

Melia better get her due.