Dreamboum

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Goddamn I am so excited. I am a huge Yakuza fan but too much of a broke boy to buy a PS4. I will eat this game alive for august

Igniz12

Oct 25, 2017
Last Yakuza I played was 2 and I did not even get a quarter of the way through. Tbh it was not a series I hoped it would come to PC but I am excited to try 0 now after the overwhelming positive reactions.

Majukun

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
i'm new to thr whole steam preorder thingy..when do they unlock the games usually? midnight? of what timezone?

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
i'm new to thr whole steam preorder thingy..when do they unlock the games usually? midnight? of what timezone?

k9qzphx.png

I believe it's 10 AM Eastern time tomorrow.

HHG

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Will be my first Yakuza
I bought the game on ps4 before but didnt play it
I know I will enjoy the game
Can't wait for steam unlock tomorrow

KujoJosuke

Oct 25, 2017
What would this game's absurdity level compare to something like MGS and DMC? Based on this OT I have the feeling I can expect some pretty out there things for this game.

It's not to the level of those two but it can get pretty goofy. The story is very serious and melodramatic, harkening to old school Yakuza media, but the side content is irreverent and goofy, such as teaching a dominatrix how to be better at her job or teaching a punk band full of nice boys to be tough. Or helping Michael Jacks- I mean Miracle Johnson to film a music video.

All in all it does a tremendous job of being completely self serious and completely nutty at the right times.

Ryan7556

Oct 27, 2017
Ontario, Canada
Thanks for the answer on that. I also made the mistake of thinking this was going to unlock around midnight, I wonder how many others here did that as well?

rickyson33

Banned
Nov 23, 2017
guess i'll give this a go since it's cheap and i've been kinda bored lately

I feel like i'm gonna either like this or stop playing it in 10 minutes and I have no idea which

cluto

Oct 25, 2017
Reposting from the Steam thread:

Due to (I guess) an oversight on my part, I've ended up with a Yakuza 0 key that's region locked to the UK (and maybe possibly also the rest of Europe) which is no good since I'm in the US.

What would be the best way to go about exchanging a UK Yakuza 0 steam key for a US Yakuza 0 steam key?

Oct 27, 2017
For all newcomers, enjoy the ride.

Take your time, don't try to rush things. The joy of Yakuza games lies in discovering small things by losing yourself in its world.

hlhbk

Oct 25, 2017
Can you unlock this via a vpn? is there a chance you could get your steam account banned by doing so?

MeltedDreams

Oct 27, 2017
I just finished it on ps4 - 80 hours at 61%. My body wasn't ready for the final chapter, holy crap! Still have yet to complete 30 substories, the fighting arenas and most of the mini games. This game has more content even than most of the huge open world games.
Easily my second favourite ps4 game after Bloodborne. Cannot wait to start a new game on PC tomorrow!

lol tweets gone

fucking sega

lol they messed up

Alvis

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
Spain here, game not available yet
EDIT:
oh ok

rpm

Into the Woods
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Parts Unknown
Got a few hours into the PS4 version at launch, gonna start over with the PC version since it's been so long. Any idea how well it runs on a 1070 (or has no one with press access bothered to do any benchmarks yet) ?

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Completely new to this series. tips? suggestions? etc

Don't worry if you're not hooked immediately, It takes a couple hours for the narrative to pick up. There is also quite a bit of reading involved as this game is not dubbed.

Explore the city, check out side quests, they're hilarious and well worth doing in this game.

If you are competent with action games, potentially start on hard. You can switch difficulties down to normal if needed. You can also stock up on healing drinks from the convenience stores to self-modify the difficulty to your liking.

Don't equip the charismatic autobiography.