• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
OP starts Kiwami 2
  • OP
    OP
    SunBroDave

SunBroDave

"This guy are sick"
    Oct 25, 2017
    So on the recommendation of a few posters in this thread, I decided life was too short and just watched a supercut of all Kiwami's cutscenes on YouTube. Wow, I'm glad I did because man, the story was incredibly disappointing, so I'm glad I only spent a few hours watching it compared to the 15-20 it would have taken to play through the whole thing. Also, I was pretty damn surprised how many story beats/scenarios in Kiwami were seemingly also reused in Yakuza 0, for example:
    • Takes place near Christmas time
    • Kiryu takes the fall for a crime he didn't commit, and is kicked out of the Dojima family
    • Main villain's goal is to become Tojo Clan Chairman
    • Tojo Clan infighting, with the Omi Alliance secretly pulling the strings behind the scenes
    • Kazama foreseeing everything and settings events in motion
    • Battle inside and on the grounds of Tojo HQ
    • Car chase battle
    • Battle on a boat where Kashiwagi shows up to help
    • Battle on a terrace at the top of an office building with a helipad
    • Guy who was secretly helping Kazama the whole time becomes the new Tojo Clan Chairman

dcvcozy-796d38f7-68ca-4d52-8825-4f49bf8890cf.gif

In any case, now that that's over with, tomorrow I am very excited to start my playthrough of Kiwami 2!