• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

BassForever

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
CT
So is Forspoken being sent to die? If FF16 is really only a few months later the 16 marketing hype train will steamroll Forspoken.

Tornak

Feb 7, 2018
Also, fucking hell, 2022 seems likelier than before. Still betting on early 2023, but oh boy would it be beautiful!

mlk1227

Jan 31, 2021
September or December. August wildcard. "Certain factors"… Sony acquiring Japanese SE properties.

pappacone

Jan 10, 2020
Horizon had a whole State of Play in May, the game was already in beta, but it still was released in 2022

Razmos

Unshakeable One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
I love that such big news was just casually dropped on a Nier stream, feels appropriately crazy haha

Son of Sparda

"This guy are sick" says The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
So is Forspoken being sent to die? If FF16 is really only a few months later the 16 marketing hype train will steamroll Forspoken.
It probably wouldn't be a bad idea to delay that game further if it releases near FF16. Last time they showed it, it seemed like it could use as much dev time as it can get.

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
Just imaging how this came up in the Nier stream at all is fucking funny. Take a journey with me --

The producer or whatever is talking about character popularity and really droning on and on when Yoshi-P raises his hand to silence him. The producer is befuddled, but slowly peters off. Yoshi-P stands up, and like he's delivering a wrestling promo, right into the barrel of the camera...

Yoshi-P: The trailer is done. Certain factors caused the announcement to be delayed, but it should drop soon.

Producer: Sorry, what? Can I ask wh--

Yoshi-P: The dev team spent a long time polishing and debugging the game

Producer: I don't understand...

Yoshi-P: The game is pretty much complete.

Then he flips the table and walks off stream, which cuts out with a 'we'll be right back' message that features a cartoon Yoko Taro.

GamingCJ

Apr 14, 2019
Sony successfully marketed TLOU2 and GoT, which released 4 weeks from each other.
If Forspoken bombs depends on other factors than FF16 releasing months later or not.

Mifec

Oct 25, 2017
Just give me a release date so I can add like 18 months to it until I can play knowing S-E/Sony.

Diablos

has a title.
Oct 25, 2017
Okay just release the trailer. I need something exciting and not depressing this week pls.

Helix

Mayor of Clown Town
Jun 8, 2019
Please SoP next week.
FFVII Remake SoP was May 10th.

i'd keep an eye out for SE's earnings call. If they are presenting it instead of Sony then we could get an announcement for SE Presents right around June.

VII Remake was fully blown out in Square Event so i'm using the same logic and expect SE to be the one showcasing it in full

Deluxera

Mar 13, 2020
I am not used to Final Fantasy having uncomplicated development and competent producers.

Septimus

Oct 27, 2017
Please lord let this not be some random translation error. If not, fuck yes! Gimme dat trailer!