• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Dreamboum

Oct 28, 2017
I just saw a gif of this game

ffxvi-final-fantasy-xvi.gif

is it really going to be Devil May Fantasise???

www.resetera.com

Things that make you say "Let's f***ing go"

Like a spectacular play in a sporting event, or just some random, positive happenstance. What makes you say "Let's fucking go" out loud?

combat is made by a DMC5 designer known for designing the gameplay of Nero

giphy.gif

Kito

Nov 6, 2017
If this game delivers a world that feels expansive, mysterious, diverse and colorful, I will be on cloud nine. I'm a bit worried it will be too entrenched in realism and grit. Possibly entirely unfounded seeing as I'm only writing this with the remnants of the initial reveal in my mind.

Yu Narukami

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 26, 2017
Star Ocean, Valkyrie Profile, Live a Live and FF the same fiscal year? Is Square back?

Gaia Lanzer

Oct 25, 2017
Wait... whaaa, huh.... ahh.... ??? Imagine waking up to check ERA and seeing this thread? Holy CRAP!!!! Yes please, Yoshi-P! YESSSSS!!!

SilverX

Jan 21, 2018
Wont be coming out this year since ¨I cant believe its not Final Fantasy!: Forspoken¨ is their next big game

FrostweaveBandage

Unshakable Resolve
Sep 27, 2019
Hell yes! Okay breathe... Calming down.
Okay so this confirms a new trailer at minimum for spring. Game being pretty much done says a lot without saying much. Are we looking at launch windows now?

Holmes

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I didn't clownify my avatar only to be reading all these annoying posts from pessimistic people in this thread.

djplaeskool

Oct 26, 2017
Still on the Early 2023 train, but it's good that that might actually be the further end of a release window.

Tora

The Enlightened Wise Ones
Jun 17, 2018
Xenoblade 3 for dinner and FFXVI for dessert...?

AgeEighty

Oct 25, 2017
Can't wait till we hear that development got rebooted in summer 2022 after this comes out in 2025.

There's a fine line between healthy skepticism and blind cynicism. I know "El oh el it'll be delayed a billion times" feels like the safe, easy opinion to have, but none of the evidence supports it.

Last edited:

Nightfall

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
giphy.gif

This is the best news of the week. I think I look forward to this more than I did to FF7R.
FFXIV kinda feels like FFIX to me. Even if it is a totally different beast. But it gathers my excitement in a similar way.

Kazen

May 31, 2019
Also, Yoshi-p is a god producer.

The fact that he can do this while working at a company like Square is simply insane.

No_Face

Dec 18, 2017
Brigerbad, Switzerland
Elden Ring would be in a different fiscal year than FF16 and Starfield isn't even on the same platform.
I mean, they are all RPG's coming out in 2022. And you can add Forspoken as well I guess. It's just weird to be down on this year when it comes to RPG's when we get a new Bethesda IP, From Software's highest rated game ever, multiple JRPG's (depending on whether FF16 releases this year) and a new RPG for a massively popular IP. What recent year was better for RPG fans?

Truno

Unshakable Resolve
Jan 16, 2020
Acquisition begging is reaching Switch Pro levels of annoying

Spehornoob

Nov 15, 2017
Also, Yoshi-p is a god producer.

The fact that he can do this while working at a company like Square is simply insane.
Square knows Yoshi-P is their godking right now. I would not be surprised if they consider him to have completely saved the FF brand, if not the company itself, with his turnaround of FFXIV. My guess is that even Square knows to get out of his way.

AuthenticM

Son Altesse Sérénissime
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
holy shit are we getting a summer release? Please let us have a summer release.

Oct 27, 2017
Damn November 2022 here we go. This with God of war means ps5 is set for a killer year.

I imagine certain factors could be anything like some technical stuff to maybe the trailer has some big war scenes and they didn't want to release it near the beginning of Ukraine war

LaytonWright

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 27, 2017

genuinely think ERA would explode... tbh I think this is VERY likely. going with Sony/Playstations aspiriations:

Sony are investing HARD on Anime/Manga, they own aniplex, curnchyroll and funimation so this would help their Japanese business as Square are quite prominent in the manga industry.

From Playstations POV, you get FINAL FANTASY, NEIR, KINGDOM HEARTS, along with Sony having XIV under thier banner would be the perfect counter to Microsoft and WOW.

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017
Believe in Yoshi-P, he's about to deliver a GOAT level experience. Elden Ring doesn't have that GOTY crown yet.

AgeEighty

Oct 25, 2017
Man, that Nier Reincarnation FFXIV collab announcement, woof. No FFXIV characters, only themed costumes for the Reincarnation characters. Oh well, fine by me, since that game is so stingy with free gems.

Spehornoob

Nov 15, 2017
genuinely think ERA would explode... tbh I think this is VERY likely. going with Sony/Playstations aspiriations:

Sony are investing HARD on Anime/Manga, they own aniplex, curnchyroll and funimation so this would help their Japanese business as Square are quite prominent in the manga industry.

From Playstations POV, you get FINAL FANTASY, NEIR, KINGDOM HEARTS, along with Sony having XIV under thier banner would be the perfect counter to Microsoft and WOW.
Would be super interesting to see the PS5 be "the JRPG machine" and Xbox be "the WRPG machine" again, just like way back in the day.

Though I guess Sony is still trying to cover some bases there with the KotOR remake.

Balfour

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Square knows Yoshi-P is their godking right now. I would not be surprised if they consider him to have completely saved the FF brand, if not the company itself, with his turnaround of FFXIV. My guess is that even Square knows to get out of his way.
Well he's also a member of the board iirc so he has a smidgen of pull

mrmickfran

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Gongaga
Me trying to pick RPG of the year between Elden Ring, Xenoblade 3, Live a Live, Soul Hackers and FFXVI 😵‍💫😵‍💫😵‍💫