• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Do you take the deal?

• Yes

Votes: 110 26.4%
  • Do not want

Votes: 307 73.6%

• Total voters

Raftina

Jun 27, 2020
If you accept, you will be transported into the Warhammer 40,000 world for 2 weeks.

At the end of the 2 weeks, you will be brought back to the real world. You will have missed 2 weeks, but you will be US$ 50 million richer. There will be somehow an explanation for the new riches, so that you get it tax-free and without money-laundering or other illegal suspicions. You will retain all your memories of the experience in the Warhammer 40,000 world.

If you commit suicide or deliberately get yourself killed, you will simply die and get nothing. If you die despite good faith effort to survive, you will be revived at the end of the 2 weeks and sent back to the real world with US$ 50 million as if you survived.

You will start in a random location in Commorragh. However, the random selections are limited to those that are within 1 km of a population center and would not immediately kill or maim you.

Last edited:

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
fz0cc4gfs1a01.jpg

Juraash

Oct 25, 2017
My first thought, based on limited knowledge, was nah. But then I clicked your link. Aren't the Dark Eldar going around flaying people and putting their skin on shit? Double nah.

adj_noun

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
My first thought, based on limited knowledge, was nah. But then I clicked your link. Aren't the Dark Eldar going around flaying people and putting their skin on shit? Double nah.

Of all the shitty ways to die in 40K, Dark Eldar have to be near the top.

And that's if they ever let you die.

Scottoest

Feb 4, 2020
I was thinking about it until I got to the Commorragh part, at which point it became "lol no".

It doesn't matter how close to a "population center" you start in Commorragh, you're still in a Dark Eldar infested alternate dimension where you'll either die or be caught and THEN die. Or you won't die, and you'll end up with a fate worse than death. I wouldn't even take that deal if you guaranteed to bring me back or resurrect me after the two weeks, because I'll probably be deeply traumatized for the rest of my life.

Anyone who says they'd take this deal either vastly overestimates their own ability to survive, or doesn't know enough about Commorragh.

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
If you die in the Warhammer world you should have to go to Warhammer Hell.

Daingurse

Oct 25, 2017
Commorragh?! So I'll essentially be a Dark Eldar play-thing for two weeks? I'll be begging for death for pretty much that whole duration. That sounds like a traumatic experience I'll never get over lol.

horkrux

Oct 27, 2017
Is it "how do you do, fellow Drukhari" for two weeks or am I atleast afforded the courtesy of spawning as one of them? lol

Nov 2, 2017
You know, I was almost ready to gamble and vote yes based on how many planets there are where things are generally boring and plain living until they aren't in Warhammer. And then I saw Commorragh and nah I'm not playing Russian Roulette with six bullets and hoping one's a dud.

Saturday

One Winged Slayer - Shinra Employee
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
these threads get more and more one-sided with every new iteration, it all reads as such:

"Hey Era, would you take money to get completely fucked up? I mean COMPLETELY FUCKED UP, mentally, physically, you're never gonna recover even if this deal ensures immortality and all the riches you could dream of afterwards.

"I mean FUCKED UP, your soul splayed out grotesquely that you would beg for hell, and not like a classical hell where you know, you could chill with the devil because everything you encountered prior to hell was relatively worse, but you would beg to go to spend the rest of your afterlife in a black abyss devoid of emotion and feeling just because that's a better alternative"

"also you get the powers of goku"

TiamatSword

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
I was going to say it's entirely possible you end up on some random civilized or paradise world where nothing bad happens for two weeks but for some reason you want people to start in Commorragh???

PAFenix

Unshakable Resolve
Nov 21, 2019
Knowing how Raftina usually makes these threads, for something to be as short as two weeks must mean this place is all sorts of FUCKED UP.

And reading through the replies, I guess I'm right.

Bring back the Overlord bargain instead.

Tathanen

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Can I bring snacks and water and just hide in a tube for two straight weeks? I know nothing about this universe, how likely is it that I can just hide?

Muetsch

Oct 27, 2017
My thought when I read the title: I mean you can get lucky, land on some feudal world, have a decent time. Or a Hivecity which won't be great but for that money? Sure. The odds of getting a real shit draw aren't *that* extreme

My thought after reading where I'd actually be: k lol nope bye

SFLUFAN

Oct 27, 2017
Alexandria, VA
The OP couldn't even start things off with a random "death world" - he had to start with a place that would cause even the Cenobites from Hellraiser to say, "Oh hell no!"

astro

Oct 25, 2017
That's like the one place you are guaranteed to die in some horrific probably incredibly painful way, and that's IF whatever finds you LETS you die.

SofNascimento

cursed
Oct 28, 2017
SĂŁo Paulo - Brazil
I mean, the universe *exists*. Which means there is not a extinction level event happening at every 5 seconds. So yes, staying alive for 2 weeks seems like a reasonable deal. I'd take it.

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
That's like the one place you are guaranteed to die in some horrific probably incredibly painful way, and that's IF whatever finds you LETS you die.
if ur lucky the first step you take will just send you flying off a spire or sommit

falling to your death is the only good way out lol

May 21, 2018
Even if you were magically revived and brought back to earth two weeks later, the mental damage would probably leave you unable to enjoy that 50 million.

ArcLyte

Nov 1, 2017
I have to spend two weeks in Commorragh? I would need a guarantee that I would at least be incarnated as a Harlequin for those two weeks… but a human mind probably wouldn't be able to handle that, so never mind.

Last edited:

Rayne

Oct 25, 2017
If you commit suicide or deliberately get yourself killed, you will simply die and get nothing.

You will start in a random location in Commorragh. However, the random selections are limited to those that are within 1 km of a population center and would not immediately kill or maim you.

Easily worst deal of all time.

You could at least have me respawn if I die without the money. But this choice is just do you want to die or do you want to die painfully why would anyone pick this XD

BossAttack

Oct 27, 2017

You almost had me. Sure, maybe if I could pick a human planet untouched by the Imperium and just sit by as two week passed. But in Dark Eldar territory? AHAHAAH, no. Two weeks can very easily become an eternity of torture.

Avitus

Oct 25, 2017
50 million isn't going to buy enough therapy for what you could go through in Commorragh.

I'd rather be on Macragge or Baal or Armageddon or literally anywhere else in realspace.

Nov 2, 2017
Commorragh?

Lolno.

Might as well spawn me into whatever layer of cosmic hell the cenobites from Hellraiser live for 2 weeks.

An Agriworld is probably the best place you can live as a normal person. It's hard farm labour but that's literally your best case scenario as one of the unwashed quadrillions.

Slacka

Oct 27, 2017
Can I bring snacks and water and just hide in a tube for two straight weeks? I know nothing about this universe, how likely is it that I can just hide?

If you are really really incredibly lucky you might make it an hour or so before some slaanesh demon sniffs out the new plaything for it to turn into a lovely new living couch while it plays your distended intestines like a harp, all the while keeping you alive to feel every bit of the pain.