• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Eh?

• Oh boy! I love getting notifications!

Votes: 94 11.6%
  • Oh shit! What did I do?

Votes: 662 81.5%
  • Orange Cassidy

Votes: 56 6.9%

• Total voters

Amnixia

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Jan 25, 2018
I gotninto trouble for posting whiledrunk a few times. So probably "shit what did I do?"

Cousin From Boston

Prophet of Regret
Avenger
Nov 21, 2017
oh-boy-here-we-go-again.gif

vypek

Oct 25, 2017
I assume I made a post early enough in a thread that people just quoted it to say "this" or something to that effect. I don't think any post of mine would give me a "what have I done reaction"

mbpm

Oct 25, 2017
I know exactly what I post that would receive notifications so I'm usually in the social media hype about getting numbers that go up

bulletbill10

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I would be concerned someone had stolen my account. I don't often post anything worth a reply, much less several notifications.

Biske

Nov 11, 2017
Definitely that y'all are mad at me. 90% of the time someone replies to you, they are mad

Cheesebu

Wrong About Cheese
Sep 21, 2020
I assume I drink posted. Probably mocking an Era sacred cow, like Linkin Park or Banjo Kazooie.

Defuser

Oct 25, 2017
Where did I fucked up. I hope I didn't trigger anyone, I didn't think my post would make me sound so ignorant or dismissive/whataboutism.

Cipherr

Oct 26, 2017
"Oh boy, team #WipeWhileStanding versus team #WipeWhileSitting must have popped off overnight."

Doctor_Thomas

Oct 27, 2017
It's usually because I've stated an opinion but people then share their opinion, which I never really take too personally, but I do sometimes get overwhelmed if it's a lot of notifications. Makes me feel stressed out trying to respond to them to give reasoning/validity to my opinion.

It's not like Twitter where I can just tell someone to "fuck up".

So, my answer is panic.

Deleted member 5129

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's usually always something negative so I just ignore the notifications most of the time if I don't feel like getting into an argument over on gaming side.

A lot of replies from armchair devs that think they know what they're talking about when they actually don't whenever I make a point about anything game dev related.

Nepenthe

When the music hits, you feel no pain.
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
"What white is saying some racist shit today? ON MY OFF DAY!!!!"

Mar 30, 2019
Makes me mostly a-scared. I get over it and bust a groove. Yet I'm too boring to go above maybe 4 replies in a short span tho.

QisTopTier

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Damn people really hate it here it looks like.

Imagine being scared of your post on a fucking forum

Stopdoor

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
yeah, it's gotten to the point where I only ever get quoted for saying something controversial or probably too abrasive, and never posts I think are interesting and for actual discussion that I kind of grimace when I see a notification now, lol.

Serif

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
If the notification weren't red I think I'd be less "afraid" of it, lmao

The Real Abed

Oct 25, 2017
Pennsylvania
Uh oh. What did I post last night that could possibly get me ratio'd.

Sometimes I'll just not look at the thread ever again if I feel I might have posted something controversial. I'd rather be safe from potential confrontation than check and it ends up being people having a lovely conversation with me about how my post was interesting. lol

Inugami

Oct 25, 2017
"*sigh* what "offensive" thing did i say on gaming side this time? Calling out transphobic devs? Trying to convince people that loot boxes are gambling and innately harmful? I can't even remember anymore..."