Akomix

May 7, 2020
Kuroko no Basket with simplistic gameplay and special abilities. Not really sure who would be the best match development wise.

RochHoch

One Winged Slayer
May 22, 2018
Said it before and I'll say it again, RGG Studios making a Gintama game

I cannot stress how absolutely perfect this would be

RedSwirl

Oct 25, 2017
My ideal Ghost in the Shell game would probably be a tactical squad-based shooter with adventure game-like investigation elements, but I have no clue what developer could actually in this day and age do that. Ubisoft would be the closest but I don't think anybody around right now could match like, circa-2003 Red Storm Entertainment. I guess you could instead go the Deus Ex/Cyberpunk route.

Another non-AAA take on that idea would be a turn-based tactical game with Ace Attorney-like investigation VN sections.

Pharaoh

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 27, 2017
For me it always was for as long as I can remember a Saint Seiya Vs. style fighting game. Basically FighterZ was my dream game but instead of using the Anime I love they used the one I hate.

Numb

Oct 25, 2017
For me it always was for as long as I can remember a Saint Seiya Vs. style fighting game. Basically FighterZ was my dream game but instead of using the Anime I love they used the one I hate.
full
full

astro

Oct 25, 2017
Guyver Beat em Up by Capcom with Arc System Works style visuals.

As it's a dream game, give it a massive entire manga spanning single player mode as well as robust Vs.

sinny

Oct 28, 2017
Akira by Hideo Kojima

Lupin by Naughty Dog

Berserk by FROM Software

Macross by Project Aces

Ghostmate

Dec 11, 2017
Samurai 7 made by Bioware. I'm talking about the 2010 version of Bioware that made Mass Effect 2. I just want another game where we have a protagonist going around the world putting together a dirty dozen for a suicide run.

RedSwirl

Oct 25, 2017
Could any of these actually accurately adapt the manga plotlines to the point where they'd be good alternatives to the source material?

Mattersnotnow

Jan 15, 2018
Hunter x Hunter tactical game (a la X-Com) with lots of environmental interactivity and synergy between powers

Phantom_Snake

The Fallen
Jul 26, 2018
Montana
Dragon Ball Z Kakarot is pretty close as to whatbive always wanted. Give me that with higher better combat and a higher budget and I'm good. Still wish they would've started with Dragon Ball.

texhnolyze

Shinra Employee
Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
It's Gundam. The answer is always Gundam.

Imagine reliving the whole season of UC Gundam series as a trilogy + a few DLCs. You play as Amuro in the first game, Camille then Judau in the next ones. Customize your Gundam, deploy on story missions as well as various side missions from the battleship. Combat in space and various iconic locations.

Bam, GOTG.

Apr 24, 2018
As others have said, a Berserk game by From would be awesome. As much as I like anime, not too many other properties that I can imagine (or would even want to personally see) being turned into decent games. For example, I absolutely love Hunter X Hunter (both 1999/2011 versions) but I don't think it would translate well as a game, unlike others in this thread.

Dinoegg_96

Avenger
Nov 26, 2017
A Shin Sekai Yori action game by Team gravity.

I'd also like an Aldnoah.Zero action game, but I don't know who would be a good fit.

YukiroCTX

Prophet of Regret
Oct 30, 2017
Full metal Alchemist by Insomniac. They've got experience with dense Open worlds, They're very versatile with style visuals from ratchet, sunset and spiderman, their gameplay is really fun can really experiment with wide range of transformation abilities via weapon wheel which they're known for while making combination attacks as well. Can have multiple side quests/missions just helping out people within the world. Winry with upgrades, they can do some really cool stuff with traversals, parkouring around, and vehicles for long distances/trains travels with dynamic events.

kamikaze

One Winged Slayer
Dec 2, 2017
singapore
since it's a dream, can we get a kenshin game by the soul calibur team where watsuki has zero involvement/gets zero money with all the profits going towards groups working to stop child exploitation?

Oct 25, 2017
Neon. Genesis. Evangelion.

Make it another reboot, closer to the original TV show's events (more like the manga's difference than Rebuild), and don't skimp on getting crazy. Get Yoko Taro and Kojima on the phone, and get Hideaki Anno and Kazuya Tsurumaki to provide advice on direction.

Get meta with it too. That's what I want to see.

(Oh and as for development teams go, Platinum Games. We know they can handle more serious existential works since Automata.)

Scruffy8642

Jan 24, 2020
A Made in Abyss RPG or Action/Adventure where you actually climb down and visit all the regions.
I mean look at this map. That would be so freaking awesome

I originally thought nothing when I came to this thread, but MiA suites being an RPG so much with its monster types and sense of adventure.

Tailzo

Fallen Guardian
Oct 27, 2017
Golden Boy or Ebichu

I would love to see 90s comedy anime in game form TBH, but I know these anime's have a certain fan type plus not wide appeal.

Either that or Space Brothers would be really interesting conceptually.
WOW, someone else were thinking about Ebichu the housekeeping hamster!

AIan

Oct 20, 2019
An anime game that's actually anime, not cel-shaded environments and characters.

Characters would be drawn and animated at 60fps but there is an anime fps setting also. The camera angles would render different perspectives that all need to be drawn. Yes, it's as difficult as it sounds to make it work. But this is supposed to be my dream game.

Chippewa Barr