Steamlord

Oct 26, 2017
The Leaf Library is criminally overlooked. Their most viewed song on YouTube has 4K views. Their most listened song on Spotify has 84K, but the next most listened only has 7K. Their album Daylight Versions is my 2015 AOTY. Just incredibly beautiful motorik ambient drone pop. Listen if you like Stereolab, Yo La Tengo, or Movietone.

a3586351035_10slc4l.jpg

Asleep Between Stations

Bandcamp

Last edited:

Impetuous Imp

Oct 27, 2017
Pretty much anything by Claire Voyant. Found it through some obscure music search a couple decades ago, fell in love with all of it. The lead has an amazing, pure voice, and some really powerful soaring pieces.

Casual

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Flight Distance - Bad Information.

a3895433607_10.jpg

One of the best rap albums to come out of Canada period.

kittens

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Mariko Fuji's witchy ass 1982 album 狂躁曲. I can't find all of the album's tracks online sadly, but I made a youtube playlist of all the ones I could find. There's another track on NicoNico but I actually don't like it all that much. also I just noticed one of the YT tracks got deleted :( I really need to track down this album in some other form.

Here's videos of two of my favorite songs:

neon/drifter

Shit Shoe Wasp Smasher
Apr 3, 2018
Your Jon Mess avatar checks out. Eidola is amazing.

One of my favorites this year, I'm still trying to get every single person I know with taste to listen to it

Came to post this one though, absolutely astonished it was already here. FBC just turned 10 this year and it still holds up amazingly well as a fun, albeit darker, pop record. Good series of music videos too.
Also I don't want to make this post too long (too late) but I won't stand for my man Rob Crow (known best for his band Pinback, which is fantastic) being slept on:
Happy to see some late of the Pier love.

SolidSeminole

Oct 25, 2017
Ridel High - Emotional Rollercoaster.

This song was on a My Records comp and I dug it. The album never gets old for me. One of my go to sing along albums if I in the car alone. :)