Pargon

Oct 27, 2017
If you're pushing the stick "up" and "down", then I can only imagine that you're holding the controller at a very unusual angle.
Maybe. I hold it so that the weight of the controller is balanced and resting in my palms, which puts it at something like a 55° angle.
If you have a DualShock 4 and balance it on a finger, that should give you an idea of what I mean.
With regards to X-axis, the logical corresponding input movement would be to twist the stick, which is impossible and would feel horrible anyway (not least because it would be pretty much impossible with one thumb alone). Tilting left and right to turn is the best compromise, but neither "Normal" nor "Inverted" in that case correspond to the camera movement (which would be to roll the camera).
Oh, I see. I thought you were controlling it like a camera operator would, where you push the tripod head left to pan right, and down to look up.
Not that you hold the controller completely horizontal and imagine it's the camera itself, which doesn't make a lot of sense since you would be rolling the camera.
That seems like an arbitrary justification, and I would think it obvious why that is considered to be "inverted" rather than "normal".

sbkodama

Oct 28, 2017
Having to get off the right stick to use front buttons for actions in games with free camera.

matrix-cat

Oct 27, 2017
The 'Hold L3 to sprint' thing always comes up in these threads, and I'm always curious which games actually require you to do that because I've never played one. Click L3 to sprint is common, but I've never seen a game ask me to hold it.

Rizific

Oct 27, 2017
I dislike any kind of shooter on console controllers.

I'll play them if they're good games and not available on PC, but some part of my mind will always be screaming "THIS WOULD BE SO MUCH BETTER WITH A MOUSE" as I wrestle the crosshair around the screen with those clumsy fucking thumbsticks.

There's a reason console games had to invent "aim assist".
this right here. playing any fps with analog sticks is cringe worthy. its serviceable for sure, but nowhere near optimal.

Deleted member 2618

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Tank controls.

Also fuck any game that requires you to hold a face button to run. Now I cant change the camera w/o a jank claw grip. Fuck that.

Ravelle

Oct 31, 2017
Kid Icarus Uprising required you to grow additional eldritch tentacles and additional eyeballs.

2+2=5

Oct 29, 2017
Tank controls + fixed camera are the worst, close second doing anything with L3/R3(=pushing the analogs), especially when you need to keep them pushed to run.

Richietto

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
North Carolina
Never been a fan of tank controls. Also Kid Icarus is the best 3DS game and one of the best games on any handheld but its controls are literally painful.

lumzi23

Jan 16, 2018
Racing games that have you accelerate with with the triggers. I prefer to race with buttons.

TheBaldwin

Feb 25, 2018
Pretty much any 3d game was ruined on the PSP for me.

Why they decided to not have a second analog stick, ill never understand

Vorador

Oct 28, 2017
Too Human weirdo twin stick controls.

Oh, and mash a button to run on Rockstar games. Seriously, why?