• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Pink and Moist or Dry as Fuck?

• Pink and moist

Votes: 450 39.8%
  • A little pink

Votes: 552 48.8%
  • I like my burgers so dry I have to drown it in condiments

Votes: 73 6.4%
  • Just give it to my dry as fuck...I'll find a way

Votes: 57 5.0%

• Total voters

TaterTots

Oct 27, 2017
Thread title speaks for itself. When you order a burger, steak, or w/e how do you like it prepared? A little pink and moist or dry as hell?

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
you can put a good steak sauce on any kind of steak

and i can already tell people are thinking "well if the steak is properly made it doesn't need sauce"

fuck whether it needs sauce or not, it still tastes good with steak sauce, pan sauce, butter, etc.

Tagyhag

Oct 27, 2017
If I don't know the place, I get medium rare. Some areas do not know how to do rare steaks.

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
I like mine medium/medium-well.

7q2WFPf.gif

Deleted member 25580

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I've never eaten a rare burger, ever. I've always been told that ground beef should always be cooked through. Is it good? I understand that you don't do rare burgers with grocery ground meat.

Rare steak for me, but I'm not picky as long as it's well prepared.

Wein Cruz

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Med rare. Well done people disgust me like my brothers and I always give them shit at cookouts.

itwasTuesday

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Burger and steak are very different.
Ground beef the inside is the outside so well done is the safest solution.
Steak you only need to char the outside to be safe.

So saying that,

Steak like 135-140 F.
Burger medium. But if the place looks iffy, well done.

Deleted member 1722

User requested account closure
Oct 25, 2017
I like my burgers on the done side... it's a burger. I mean true burgers have like egg and shit mixed in with a ton of other stuff. Real weird to have a poll for burgers and steaks. Polar opposites.

A steak I'll take rare/mediumrare.

Edward

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 30, 2017
Steak - Well done with some sawce (steak sauce or ketchup).
Hamburger - Well done with the works.

TheBeardedOne

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Derry
I never specify with burgers or see the need to. I also almost never order steak when out, but when I do it's medium well. So it tastes good.

Condiments are disgusting.

Masoyama

Attempted to circumvent a ban with an alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I will ask for the chef's point or almost raw. If the chef has thoughts on how his food should be consumed I'm not gonna go against him.

itwasTuesday

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
I've never eaten a rare burger, ever. I've always been told that ground beef should always be cooked through. Is it good? I understand that you don't do rare burgers with grocery ground meat.

Rare steak for me, but I'm not picky as long as it's well prepared.
If you grind it yourself or ask your butcher to grind it right there, you are pretty safe with rare burgers.
Burgers are just ground up steaks. And better burgers are ground up better steaks

FaceHugger

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
Steak: Medium rare, though I won't turn my nose up at medium. Rare has a gross texture and not enough flavor. Well done is gross in every way.

Burger: I prefer medium, but I'll eat medium rare. Well done gets thrown in the fridge and used for something like chili or mac n' cheese later.

SkyOdin

Apr 21, 2018
I prefer a medium steak. I'm just not a fan of a rare steak's texture, though I am usually okay with medium rare. On the other hand, a burger that has any pink in it I consider undercooked. That's just a matter of food safety.

MechaX

Oct 27, 2017
medium-well. That way if they fuck up and undercook, I'm only going to get medium, and that's cool.

If they ultra-fuck up and get me well done, it'll be hella obvious and I'm sending it back

Inugami

Oct 25, 2017
Burgers need to be well done, but they have to be a fattier cut. You can't cook a 97% lean burger and have it well done, but an 85%? Yeah that can be juicy without pink and be delicious.

Steaks I used to only eat well done, now I eat them medium well. Again, unless you have a shitty steak it's not going to be anywhere near dry. Get some quality steaks with marbling and you'd have to literally burn them to a crisp to make them dry.

Xiaomi

Oct 25, 2017
Medium rare for burgers and steak. I have to trust the restaurant though, especially with burgers.