Laserdisk

Banned
May 11, 2018
UK
He's not entirely wrong - albeit incredibly rude.

Tati basically treated this guy like a son. It was a very much a mother and son relationship.

Her and her husband helped him with agents, helped him better monetize his videos, helped him navigate the sharks in the industry, got him beauty deals worth millions of dollars, and were also just there for him personally.

That's why his endorsement of a rival business was so controversial. Despite being a very cutthroat and commercial industry it was seen as stepping over a moral line. Alongside this, it appears she was also having personal issues with him over his increasingly diva-like behaviour and treatment of others - especially his attempts to entice sexually confused people into bed with him.
it is the trying to get pregnant and failing comment that rubs me the wrong way.

James' apology video

rude

Oct 25, 2017
Did y'all watch his apology video? The dramatic exasperated breathing and amount of pauses....I can't. And why does he always sound like he has cotton balls stuffed in his cheeks.

Theecliff

Oct 28, 2017
can we not link Keemstar vids considering how much of an enormous piece of shit that guy is? there's plenty in the OP already.

Dirtyshubb

Oct 25, 2017
UK
My wife watches a lot of the YouTube fashion scene and has always hated Charles. Watched the Tati video yesterday and god damn she just wrecked him.

Every time I thought she was done she would catch a second wind and go in even deeper.

Best part was probably her telling his mum that she needs to get off social media criticising her and take her kid back because he needs looking after.

SageShinigami

Oct 27, 2017
I was wondering what Natalie/ContraPoints was talking about on Twitter earlier. I don't know what it is about men that constantly think their dick can change someone's sexual orientation. Straight guys wanna change lesbians, (some) gay guys wanna change straight dudes...like fucking chill, your dick prolly ain't all that in the first place. Fall back.

Moogle

Top Mog
Oct 27, 2017
Maybe it's time for this mediocre plagiarist to finally be outranked in the youtube beauty scene by someone with versatility, skill, and an engaging personality.

Matt_

Oct 25, 2017
Kinda mad that hes lost more subs on a video primarily about vitamins than either of the Paul brothers lost for their shitty behaviour

I think James will survive this. His thirst for straight men has been known about for ages and is something that he repeatedly has mentioned in his own videos

AnansiThePersona

Started a revolution but the mic was unplugged
Oct 27, 2017
It's always interesting to get a look inside a community you know nothing about. Also people talk about "YouTubers" like they aren't just people with a webcam. They aren't a separate breed of people. They are just as fucked up as many people are in secret.

Deleted member 7051

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I sometimes fantasize about being a hotel owner who rejects "influencers" that want to rent a room for me without paying.

Make it the biggest, fanciest hotel ever with the best reputation... and everyone that asks for a free stay gets shut down by Mr. T, who is hired for the sole purpose of refusing their request.

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
Not everyone can handle fame and power.

Nothing new under the sun.

Samuel

Oct 27, 2017
I sometimes fantasize about being a hotel owner who rejects "influencers" that want to rent a room for me without paying.
You... really showed them.

Something similar happened to the Finebros. and after that initial dive they bounced right back and then some. I don't see this having any last effect, but I'm glad the news is out that he's a dirtbag.

Deleted member 6122

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I went to high school with him. Basically the whole school hates his guts. The catfishing the boys soccer team posing as a girl for nudes is absolutely true btw. When he came back to school for the senior celebration, he made the girl who won our grand prize raffle cry because he said he could buy 10 of what she just won with just what he had in cash on him. His grad party was literally segregated by security into "wealthy LA friends" and "locals." He also dyed my exes hair for prom, promised to help her pay for the dye, and then never did! Basically he sucks!

Baccus

Banned
Dec 4, 2018
I went to high school with him. Basically the whole school hates his guts. The catfishing the boys soccer team posing as a girl for nudes is absolutely true btw. When he came back to school for the senior celebration, he made the girl who won our grand prize raffle cry because he said he could buy 10 of what she just won with just what he had in cash on him. His grad party was literally segregated by security into "wealthy LA friends" and "locals." He also dyed my exes hair for prom, promised to help her pay for the dye, and then never did! Basically he sucks!
What a scumbag. Why is it always assholes that get it big?

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
What a scumbag. Why is it always assholes that get it big?
There's a certain type of narcissism needed to want such fame.

Doesn't mean everyone who is "famous" is like this. Casey Neistat is a huge Youtuber and he's seems to be a genuine class act. He's generous, kind, honest, a dedicated father and husband.

Captjohnboyd

Oct 25, 2017
Man beauty YT is nuts. My partner watches the stuff like crazy and is all in on the Reddit gossip pages etc. Their fans are vicious and They all make a habit of trying to destroy one another by enlisting said fans. I'm sure she'll get a kick when she hears I read about this without her mentioning it

InspectaDekka

Banned
Jan 4, 2019
Will never get his appeal and glad I never did. Dude straight up sounds like a fucking creep.

Hate that overdone makeup "feminine" schtick that he's popularised.

DopeToast

Oct 27, 2017
Was so confused when I opened the thread because I assumed this was about ProJared. What a weird, gross couple of dudes.

Anubis

User requested permanent ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Don't YouTubers get paid off of views primarily?

Ironically, if anything, we are making his pockets deeper now.

This whole thing is an abject mess.

Oct 27, 2017
Are they any good YouTubers left? I know there is obviously, but it seems like YouTubers left and right are getting exposed.
Been a fan of Timothy Delaghetto since day one, literally when Youtube started.

He's also been the only Youtuber I witness not change his personality/candor at all, regardless of how famous he gets, or whatever happens in his life (like marriage).

I think he's the only Youtuber I would be devastated to find out is a secret predator/piece of shit.

Nightwing123

Oct 27, 2017
I'm glad he is getting called out for this. The beauty community in youtube seem to have a lot of problematic people including Tati herself judging from the stuff I already knew and things my friend has been telling me.

Emobacca

Nov 2, 2017
If you are like me and love drama, the make up community has had some great shit over the years

Aya

Maybe it's time for this mediocre plagiarist to finally be outranked in the youtube beauty scene by someone with versatility, skill, and an engaging personality.

Come now, the lil bitch is talented. I used to watch him when he was a rising star in the make-up scene and although I couldn't stand his personality, he is not mediocre. I ain't rooting for the guy, reading more about his way of being he def had it coming. Being famous is no excuse for being a shitty person, regardless how talented one is

Moogle

Top Mog
Oct 27, 2017
Come now, the lil bitch is talented. I used to watch him when he was a rising star in the make-up scene and although I couldn't stand his personality, he is not mediocre. I ain't rooting for the guy, reading more about his way of being he def had it coming. Being famous is no excuse for being a shitty person, regardless how talented one is

Oh, he's talented. At apeing the drag style poorly and attaining better results through the use of blared out lighting and heavy photoshop. His usual style looks like utter shit under regular circumstances.

C6XHZzDXEAISXlV.jpg

rude

Oct 25, 2017
You can't be serious. The average MAC artist at your local mall can do everything James does, except competently. He's famous because he's a MARKETABLE WHITE MALE who was able to find a niche in this age of companies looking for ~unconventional~ people to advertise their products on social media.

Village

Oct 25, 2017
Oh this is the context of all the Twitter stuff, wild. I'm not a beauty YouTube guy, but I follow a lot of women artists who are and I saw a bunch stuff about him.

Trying to force people into your fantasies isnt great. There are other accusations about him egotistical, not very talented, and a narcissist . I don't have enough context on that, but its interesting to read

Aya

Oh, he's talented. At apeing the drag style poorly and attaining better results through the use of blared out lighting and heavy photoshop. His usual style looks like utter shit under regular circumstances.
You can't be serious. The average MAC artist at your local mall can do everything James does, except competently. He's famous because he's a MARKETABLE WHITE MALE who was able to find a niche in this age of companies looking for ~unconventional~ people to advertise their products on social media.

You guys are entitled to your opinion, I'm entitled to mine 🙂 You (and probably many others) think he lacks skill, I don't. I'm not gonna enter a debate tho, especially after the shitty revelations about him, which aren't that surprising anyway.

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
This is why I only subscribe to like 4 or 5 YouTube people. I know they aren't weird or racist and I enjoy their content.