Poltergust

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Orlando, FL
Made it to KoG! I used the same Dino deck that I posted before, but swapped out Sabersaurus, Wall of Disruption, and Ultimate Providence for one Anti-Magic Arrows and two Jurrac Ptera.

Jurrac Ptera is actually kinda a stupidly good card. It works like a far better version of Hane-Hane, and it's only N rarity! Heck, if it actually survives the attack it makes it ridiculously tanky, and your opponent has to get rid of it by either wasting a boss monster on it or wasting a good spell/trap card like Tribute to the Doomed or Enemy Controller. I've saved myself from Red-Eyes Black Dragons (and it's variants), Blue-Eyes White Dragons, Bergumots, Dark Magicians, etc.

It's especially devastating for fusion decks. Seeing a Red-Eyes Slash Dragon attack into it is a sight to behold.

SartrG

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Made it to KoG! I used the same Dino deck that I posted before, but swapped out Sabersaurus, Wall of Disruption, and Ultimate Providence for one Anti-Magic Arrows and two Jurrac Ptera.

Jurrac Ptera is actually kinda a stupidly good card. It works like a far better version of Hane-Hane, and it's only N rarity! Heck, if it actually survives the attack it makes it ridiculously tanky, and your opponent has to get rid of it by either wasting a boss monster on it or wasting a good spell/trap card like Tribute to the Doomed or Enemy Controller. I've saved myself from Red-Eyes Black Dragons (and it's variants), Blue-Eyes White Dragons, Bergumots, Dark Magicians, etc.

It's especially devastating for fusion decks. Seeing a Red-Eyes Slash Dragon attack into it is a sight to behold.

Congrats!, Ptera is surprisingly good, as it returns even if it dies and has good DEF to boot. I actually lost one duel because of it, attacked it with my BLS and couldn't recover after that.

SartrG

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

There was a discussion in r/DuelLinks the other day in which they proposed how Burn is more powerful here than in the real game, and Lava Golem was kind of the main topic of discussion. In short, Lava Golem dealing 1/4 of your LP each turn is way too much, especially in a format in which it pays to play defensively and monster removal is severely limited.

I mean, not even a 3000 beatstick is a good enough trade because the game still favours defensive plays. Enemy Controller, Draining Shield and Impenetrable Attack can easily stop you from attacking those three turns, and that's without counting running over opponent monsters, many of which can either take more than one hit or deal with your other monsters and ways for the opponent to deal even more damage.

And if that was not enough, there's no way to prevent it being summoned other than not having two monsters on the field, something that most decks cannot afford to do while playing against Stall Burn.

There was a discussion in r/DuelLinks the other day in which they proposed how Burn is more powerful here than in the real game, and Lava Golem was kind of the main topic of discussion. In short, Lava Golem dealing 1/4 of your LP each turn is way too much, especially in a format in which it pays to play defensively and monster removal is severely limited.

I mean, not even a 3000 beatstick is a good enough trade because the game still favours defensive plays. Enemy Controller, Draining Shield and Impenetrable Attack can easily stop you from attacking those three turns, and that's without counting running over opponent monsters, many of which can either take more than one hit or deal with your other monsters and ways for the opponent to deal even more damage.

And if that was not enough, there's no way to prevent it being summoned other than not having two monsters on the field, something that most decks cannot afford to do while playing against Stall Burn.
Man some guy had 12k life points by the end of our Duel, shit is terrible. Ban that field card that makes all battle damage 1k. And please fucking ban those golden scarabs. Lava golem can just be sacrificed to summon a monster but burn in general is running my enjoyment of the game.

SartrG

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Man some guy had 12k life points by the end of our Duel, shit is terrible. Ban that field card that makes all battle damage 1k. And please fucking ban those golden scarabs. Lava golem can just be sacrificed to summon a monster but burn in general is running my enjoyment of the game.

To be honest, I see no issue with Golden Ladybug. Even if they end up recovering 1500 LP per turn, gaining LP is not as good as dealing effect damage. Keep in mind that every one of those in hand equals to 1 card "less" in advantage in their hand, as in the worst case they're a 0/0 vanilla.

I think Temple of the Mind's Eye is debatable. I don't think is that good and it can be dealt with, especially since it affects both players' damage, although I see how it can be a problem with Skystarray, Inaba and (especially) Spell Striker. To be honest, I still think Lava Golem is worse, as it requires no setup (unlike Mind's Eye) and uses your opponent' resources against them, plus is harder to remove, since you can be prepared to deal with opponent S/T and monster attacks, but you'll rarely have a card to destroy your own cards, and that's without considering the wasted resources.

cHinzo

Oct 27, 2017
Had some spare gems left and decided to make a Red-Eyes Slash Dragon deck. Saw one on Reddit which also used Gandora, which looked interesting. Enjoying it a lot so far, even though I haven't managed to summon Gandora yet, because of some misplays. Had to spend some bucks on those Blazeman, but they were worth it for sure. Made it a lot more consistent. Not much time to participate in the KC Cup sadly. Prolly gonna try to gain some ranks during the weekend. Hoping to make it at least to Dlvl 10 lol.

Professor Beef

Official ResetEra™ Chao Puncher
Oct 25, 2017
The Digital World
Just beat a Gladiator Beast deck with my still in construction Legendary Ocean deck. Felt good, too. I don't think he understood that I was perfectly fine NOT attacking him until I drew Levia-Dragon, lol. He also kinda beat himself because he spent his entire hand on making sure GB Heraklinos could attack...into my Crystal Core. After that I was perfectly fine playing the waiting game while he prayed for a top deck miracle, and then I flushed the toilet with Levia-Dragon lol

DooD1234

Oct 26, 2017
Finally got Dlv 20 tonight with Hazy Fire Fist Beatdown deck. That deck is explosive. So far have a 50% win rate on stage 2 with like 2000 points. There certainly a lot of Dino's and GB deck around.

Also fuck Lava Golem, I swear every burn players always top deck that when ever.

Poltergust

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Orlando, FL
Hah! I knew Grass Magnets would do me good once I put enough time into building my deck!

I'm currently at over 20000 points for round 2, and hovering around the mid 300s in overall placing. This definitely looks like a keeper. =)

Professor Beef

Oct 25, 2017
The Digital World
After reading up on them, I think I'm getting a better idea on how to more reliably combat Gladiator Beasts. I was right in the last game where I won in that playing patiently is for the best.

Professor Beef

Oct 25, 2017
The Digital World
Their backrow is more important to their success than their monsters are. At least for the deck I was using, when I notice that I'm fighting GBeasts, I stop attacking entirely. They will always be ready and prepared for your own attacks, so your best bet is to play it safe and build up your own resources. If you have a reliable way to blow up their S/T zone, then do it.

I mentioned that when I won, I was using LeviaDragon to nuke the field. The other player had no answer to that (and no cards in their hand thanks to playing badly) and survived for 3 turns completely from top decking before they died.

SartrG

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Their backrow is more important to their success than their monsters are. At least for the deck I was using, when I notice that I'm fighting GBeasts, I stop attacking entirely. They will always be ready and prepared for your own attacks, so your best bet is to play it safe and build up your own resources. If you have a reliable way to blow up their S/T zone, then do it.

I mentioned that when I won, I was using LeviaDragon to nuke the field. The other player had no answer to that (and no cards in their hand thanks to playing badly) and survived for 3 turns completely from top decking before they died.

Gladiator Beasts play a grinding game. A good GB player should be prepared for both player's Battle Phase and if the opponent is stalling, they should take advantage of that and get free attacks. A good GB player should also have answers prepared for boss monsters and nukes. I mean, if your opponent let you nuke the field with Daedalus, he either had no idea how to play them or he had a terrible starting hand.

Killing their backrow is a good advice, since they'll use it to keep their monsters alive, but I think the best thing you can do is to stop them from attacking or surviving the Battle Phase. Even summoning a strong monster early will give them problems, and will make them waste a protection card to Murmillo that monster, which they either leave defenseless or waste another card protecting it.

SartrG

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
He wasted his entire hand trying to attack with his Heraklinos through an Enemy Controller and a Windstorm to hit my Crystal Core, which still had 3 counters. Infer from that what you will. :P

I don't think Heraklinos should be even summoned, unless it's for a guaranteed win, and even then, as much as I like Heraklinos, Nerokius is better most of the time.

But yeah, I see what you're getting at. I've seen my share of bad plays in my Rank climb up. Today I played against a guy that changed my Slash Dragon to def instead of taking control of it to deal the killing blow, and this guy that used Block Attack to change my BLS to def, and then Block Defense to change it again to attack in the same turn.

Namtab

Oct 27, 2017
Made it to lvl 20 KC with this

DMC_Deck_Duel_Links.jpg

Professor Beef

Oct 25, 2017
The Digital World
Here's the Legendary Ocean deck I've been using

By4sfg8.png

It's definitely missing some pieces (a 2nd Floodgate, a 3rd Crystal Core, and I need to experiment with Moray of Greed once I can obtain them), but it's been operating a lot better thanks to Balance. The Morays are something I want to use because they can help guarantee that my opening hand doesn't end the game for me.

Tarextherex

Banned
Nov 26, 2017
Are the stage 2 rewards based on worldwide or regional rank? I remember I got the UR ticket back then but that was a long time ago, was much easier to get good streaks. I have 10k points, I think I can make it to top 500 of my region soon but getting more than two SR tickets seems to be basically impossible/not worth the grind

Poltergust

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Orlando, FL
Are the stage 2 rewards based on worldwide or regional rank? I remember I got the UR ticket back then but that was a long time ago, was much easier to get good streaks. I have 10k points, I think I can make it to top 500 of my region soon but getting more than two SR tickets seems to be basically impossible/not worth the grind
Worldwide. Being in the top 600 for your region only matters when it comes to qualifying for a regional.

EDIT: How is everyone doing, by the way? I'm currently around 750th or so worldwide and am within the top 100 for NA.

Last edited:

Jhey Cyphre

Oct 25, 2017
Sign... I used Forbidden Chalice on some dudes Gandora.... hes at 1 LP and been spamming the effect for 10 minutes now.

Professor Beef

Oct 25, 2017
The Digital World
I desperately need those Moray of Greed. Enemy Controller is a dead card most games.

EDIT: 6 games in a row I've lost because I drew enemy controller instead of Ocean. These shits have got to go.

DooD1234

Oct 26, 2017
Man, KC Cup stage 2 had been rough for me. Only got like 50% win rate bouncing between 0 to 3000 DP and I'm looking at some people ranking on the leaderboard and they are sitting at 40k DP already. Sheesh, I'm not sure how some of those players got to that amount DP. They must have some amazing luck or something to keep that win streak going because there were many moments where I just lost many games in a row.

RedHoodedOwl

Nov 3, 2017
It's difficult to unlock those rare cards in duels against the Legendary Duelists because the drop rate for cards has been disappointedly low.

Poltergust

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Orlando, FL
Man, KC Cup stage 2 had been rough for me. Only got like 50% win rate bouncing between 0 to 3000 DP and I'm looking at some people ranking on the leaderboard and they are sitting at 40k DP already. Sheesh, I'm not sure how some of those players got to that amount DP. They must have some amazing luck or something to keep that win streak going because there were many moments where I just lost many games in a row.
You don't need to have a win streak, just have a positive win-lose ratio. I'm sitting at 23376 DP right now.

Oh right, I should post my Grass Magnets deck! Maybe some of you guys can build it. It's a really fun deck to use and it is possible to win any match-up with it.

2hnPuIs.jpg

I think about 80% of this is essential, but I've been fumbling around with a few of these trying to find an optimal build. I used to have Mirror Wall/Wall of Disruption, but I kept getting hit by Gyokkous whenever I set them. I settled on Anti-Magic Arrows instead, with A Feather of the Phoenix being teched in there to give me back essential cards that got discarded whenever I use Grass (like Triamid Pulse). Plus, it allows me to put a Magnet Warrior directly into the graveyard without needing to summon it. Curse of Anubis is interchangeable with Windstorm of Etaqua. Those 3 Enemy Controllers are essential for dealing with Gladiators and Cyber Angels + Saffira. Finally, Tackle Commander is actually a fantastic tech card since it can save you from 1 turn kills and protect you from your opponent's Super Rush Headlong.

The only match-up I hate fighting with a deck like this is burn, but it's not impossible. You need to play it super patiently and hope for Grass + Triamid Pulse + Anti-Magic Arrows. If you can special summon Valkyrion the proper way, you can bring him back with Pulse as well, which can help if it gets tributed to Lava Golem.

The last thing I should mention is that Attack The Moon! is also a decent card for this deck. Problem is that it works best when you have at least two monsters on the field and Attack The Moon! is best used against burn decks, so you're risking getting Lava Golem'd. Still a good alternative if you're missing something on here, though.

RedHoodedOwl

Nov 3, 2017
I'm also finished building my Amazoness deck but I am missing Amazoness Spellcaster, Amazoness Village, and Amazoness Tiger.

DooD1234

Oct 26, 2017
You don't need to have a win streak, just have a positive win-lose ratio. I'm sitting at 23376 DP right now.

Oh right, I should post my Grass Magnets deck! Maybe some of you guys can build it. It's a really fun deck to use and it is possible to win any match-up with it.

2hnPuIs.jpg

I think about 80% of this is essential, but I've been fumbling around with a few of these trying to find an optimal build. I used to have Mirror Wall/Wall of Disruption, but I kept getting hit by Gyokkous whenever I set them. I settled on Anti-Magic Arrows instead, with A Feather of the Phoenix being teched in there to give me back essential cards that got discarded whenever I use Grass (like Triamid Pulse). Plus, it allows me to put a Magnet Warrior directly into the graveyard without needing to summon it. Curse of Anubis is interchangeable with Windstorm of Etaqua. Those 3 Enemy Controllers are essential for dealing with Gladiators and Cyber Angels + Saffira. Finally, Tackle Commander is actually a fantastic tech card since it can save you from 1 turn kills and protect you from your opponent's Super Rush Headlong.

The only match-up I hate fighting with a deck like this is burn, but it's not impossible. You need to play it super patiently and hope for Grass + Triamid Pulse + Anti-Magic Arrows. If you can special summon Valkyrion the proper way, you can bring him back with Pulse as well, which can help if it gets tributed to Lava Golem.

The last thing I should mention is that Attack The Moon! is also a decent card for this deck. Problem is that it works best when you have at least two monsters on the field and Attack The Moon! is best used against burn decks, so you're risking getting Lava Golem'd. Still a good alternative if you're missing something on here, though.

Wow at your DP. How many games did you play in stage 2? Only got like 36 games with 50% win rate.

That a cool looking deck. I been wanting to build a magnet warrior deck but never had the time to try yet. Fought against a similar deck in KC Cup. Sadly only have delta from trader. Grass is greener has yet to appear and haven't farmed or lvl Yugi Mutou yet.