Biestmann

Oct 25, 2017
Not sure I can pull back from this.

DistinctSafeBoubou-max-1mb.gif

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
My opponent had me dead to rights, and could've easily OTK'd on his 2nd turn as my hand was ass and I didn't bother even setting anything

Yet... he just weirdly attacks me and decides to leave me with 1400 LP left for no good reason at all. Then my turn comes and I immediately OTK him back lol. What a bizarre duel

Shemhazai

Aug 13, 2020
Yeah, that was potentially the worst set of draws I could possibly have haha. No Nunu, Nauya, or Snake Rain. :[

Biestmann

Oct 25, 2017
I was there! GGs, you two! Eldlich is a tough nut to crack. Guess the golden lord marches on to round 3 of the loser's bracket! Thank you for a great tournament, Shemhazai!

resetera-default-avatar-transparent.png
33470-m.webp

gryvan vs n3ss
Loser's Bracket - Round 3

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Nothing more awkward than seeing someone waste like 15 minutes setting up their board, and you just have to sit there patiently knowing you can easily break it lol

Birdie

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I had someone quit when I was taking too long to special summon...

But like if you have a Trap on the field I'm not gonna take any chances if I can get Bethor out and pop it before attacking. Not trying to flex just being safe!

I'm proud to say I've never surrendered in a duel. I'm a patient man.

Birdie

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
For real though is this event gonna have any restrictions on main deck monsters?

I feel it's gonna get messy. Playing a pure XYZ deck will probably get you fucked over lol.

Astral

Oct 27, 2017
Can someone tell me how to effectively use Masquereda? I don't completely get her. Is it to summon on my opponent's turn?

Astral

Oct 27, 2017
Yes, the point of Cyber Cat Waifu is to use her in a link during your opponent´s turn of a big Link that will get a protection effect
I see. I've never had enough monsters on the field to really take advantage of her ability unfortunately. I think I'll make it my goal to use her effect next duel just for the hell of it.

BY2K

Membero Americo
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Québec, Canada
Platinum Tier 1 achieved! Woo!
FLXfXCYWUAYFKRE

And this is the deck that made it possible.

FLXfzGRXEAUQwBm

Why would you have Block Dragon unbanned in Master Duel, I don't know.

Birdie

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Had a fun duel against a Buster Blader deck? Well a newer Fusion that negated all my Dragon cards effects and I was using Galaxy Eyes, plus he had a Synchro that changed all my monsters to Dragon's.

Got super lucky and drew that one card that let me banish a card if I had a Galaxy Eyes out. Couldn't use monster effects, but I had Galaxy Tyranno in my hand and could tribute it. Then I got Galaxy Eyes out with Galaxy Expendition and used Photon Stream of Destruction to banish his monster lol. He gave up.

I feel he probably could've won had he continued as I'm sure he had counterplays.

The goal of an Eldlich player is to use mostly traps and/or handtraps to stop you from doing anything until they can summon their boss monster and beat you to death.
I thought I was smooth negating an Eldirtch summon with Tachyon Galaxy Trap but...used it too early cuz they just summoned it back lol.

Sibersk Esto

Changed the hierarchy of thread titles
Oct 25, 2017
Welp it looks like I might have to just suck it up and make a new account. I've hit a wall with my current deck but dismantling it won't give me the craft points I need anyway to make the new deck I want and I'm not exactly getting gems at a good rate.

Should've been better with my CP and gems at the start because I'm basically just grinding right now.

Really not looking forward to doing the solo mode again.

SGJin

Feb 23, 2018
Had a fun duel against a Buster Blader deck? Well a newer Fusion that negated all my Dragon cards effects and I was using Galaxy Eyes, plus he had a Synchro that changed all my monsters to Dragon's.

Got super lucky and drew that one card that let me banish a card if I had a Galaxy Eyes out. Couldn't use monster effects, but I had Galaxy Tyranno in my hand and could tribute it. Then I got Galaxy Eyes out with Galaxy Expendition and used Photon Stream of Destruction to banish his monster lol. He gave up.

I feel he probably could've won had he continued as I'm sure he had counterplays.

I thought I was smooth negating an Eldirtch summon with Tachyon Galaxy Trap but...used it too early cuz they just summoned it back lol.
As a Buster Blader player, they still could have had some plays especially with the in archtype super poly against a Dragon deck. But the deck kind of lacks draw power and recursion if they lose the lock. Generally they should have had a backup plan for turn 2 since the synchro only lasts until the end of their turn.

Gorillaz

Oct 25, 2017
Welp it looks like I might have to just suck it up and make a new account. I've hit a wall with my current deck but dismantling it won't give me the craft points I need anyway to make the new deck I want and I'm not exactly getting gems at a good rate.

Should've been better with my CP and gems at the start because I'm basically just grinding right now.

Really not looking forward to doing the solo mode again.

don't worry alot of people are going to realize that soon as well especially if they are f2p only

Dr. Sanchez

Nov 15, 2017
currently in gold using a blue eyes chaos deck. For context I'm still completely new to yugioh so I have no idea what cards exist out there, so I want to know if there is a field spell that could work with my deck(which is still not complete lol) besides the mausoleum of white card.
sTo6Kxk.jpg

SkullHydra

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Feb 20, 2018
In case you want to see me play my second main deck haha

Fixed:

On one hand, this makes me remember how much I hate playing against Pendulum Magicians. On the other hand... Dragon Maids seem kind of cool. Lol.

It's been ages since I last took part in Yugioh tournament [Back at the old place]. Hopefully I'll be free next time one pops up here, although my decks aren't super good. Lol.

Kurita

Oct 26, 2017
La France

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Back in Plat for the first time since the new season began. My first match there was against someone who seemed to be doing some big Xyz shit and then they surrendered for no apparent reason.

B-Dubs

That's some catch, that catch-22
General Manager
Oct 25, 2017
You want to negate a Golden Lord when he activates from the GY.
Unless you can straight banish them from the field when they hit it the first time.

Guys, if Eldlich is giving you problems then try running this trap card:
406px-IceDragonsPrison-MP21-EN-PScR-1E.png

It'll only work going first, but it will stop the deck in it's tracks as it puts an end to the main monster's constant recursion from the GY.

If you can get the whole thing to go off correctly, you've basically won.

Regiruler

Oct 28, 2017
United States
Unless you can straight banish them from the field when they hit it the first time.

Guys, if Eldlich is giving you problems then try running this trap card:
406px-IceDragonsPrison-MP21-EN-PScR-1E.png

It'll only work going first, but it will stop the deck in it's tracks as it puts an end to the main monster's constant recursion from the GY.

If you can get the whole thing to go off correctly, you've basically won.
Not sure why you say this, it works better than most other traps going second as well.

Biestmann

Oct 25, 2017
BY2K Turnscr3w Silfer Congratulations on your plat achievements!

Why is it that I mix several archetypes in my deck, but tend to draw all 7/40 cards of just one in a row, leaving me without any of my combo plays? This game fucks with me for a sport. I am playing against a banish-heavy dino deck right now, but won't draw either of my 3x copies of Imperial Iron Wall or 3x Skill Drain at all, despite having performed several extra draws. Come on.

Last edited:

B-Dubs

That's some catch, that catch-22
General Manager
Oct 25, 2017
Not sure why you say this, it works better than most other traps going second as well.
Well, I mean if you're using it going first against them it shuts them down and never lets them get going in the first place. Thus making short work of the deck.

It is absolutely great going second too though.

If we had side-decks I'd absolutely have 3 of these in mine.