squall23

Oct 25, 2017
I'm surprised nobody on this forum talked about the relative stability of Age of Calamity on day 1. Yeah, there are crashes, but the crashes that happen on Yuzu don't happen on RyujinX and vice versa, and those with beefy enough PCs can run at a constant 30 FPS.

Hope

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I'm surprised nobody on this forum talked about the relative stability of Age of Calamity on day 1. Yeah, there are crashes, but the crashes that happen on Yuzu don't happen on RyujinX and vice versa, and those with beefy enough PCs can run at a constant 30 FPS.

When do we expect Hardware requirements to drop?

wwm0nkey

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, resolution scaling at this point is basically its biggest omission.

Also, since you asked, I tested a couple of hours of Three Houses some day ago and it seemed to work just fine.
oh don't worry I tested too, but man it looks sooooooooooooooooooo good in higher res on Ryujinx

(full size to see difference)
Native:
unknown.png

3K:
unknown.png

Cloud-Strife

Alt-Account
Banned
Sep 27, 2019
This thread should be more active.. Yuzu is a wonderful thing to have and keeps getting better everyday.

craven68

Jun 20, 2018
Does astral chain run better on emulator than switch ? I did the game at release on my switch with the mclassic to get a little boost resolution wise.
But i really want to do it again in 4k with better framerate.

ThatNerdGUI

Prophet of Truth
Mar 19, 2020
What's the easiest way to get this up and running at 4K?
Emulators are more CPU dependent than GPU so to be stable at all first you need a fast CPU. As others have mentions, Yuzu don't have a resolution scaler yet. There's only some mods that remove DRS in games like Odyssey to force 1080p.

Sargerus

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I heard there is a big memory leak issue still unsolved in recent releases, is it true?

THIJJ

Oct 26, 2017
Does astral chain run better on emulator than switch ? I did the game at release on my switch with the mclassic to get a little boost resolution wise.
But i really want to do it again in 4k with better framerate.

If you want to run switch games at higher res Ryujinx is the only current option. I'm not sure how it handles Astral Chain, but in general its compatibility is pretty good

craven68

Jun 20, 2018
If you want to run switch games at higher res Ryujinx is the only current option. I'm not sure how it handles Astral Chain, but in general its compatibility is pretty good
Thank you, i think the best is to wait a little more for this . ( i m going to look more at this when i upgrade my gpu from 1600x to 3600x)

Oct 31, 2017
Speaking of resolution scaling, a Yuzu dev on Reddit:
Yes, hopefully soon. We needed to rewrite several large components of our GPU emulation before we tackled resolution scaling again. The reason for this is because these rewrites fundamentally change how our GPU emulation works, and therefore the old resolution scaler would have been unmaintainable while this work was ongoing.

These rewrites include the texture cache rewrite (which has been completed and merged), the buffer cache rewrite (which has also been completed in merged), the shader recompiler rewrite (which is currently in progress and hopefully should land soon), and then lastly reimplementation of the resolution scaler.

We know resolution scaling is on everyone's minds and we appreciate the patience our users have had -- the good news is that we are maybe 75% there and when it lands our GPU emulation will be better than ever. No promises, but I personally am optimistic this will land in the Spring :)

Layell

One Winged Slayer
Apr 16, 2018
Funny enough I did try Yuzu again this past week, and it's performance is looking solid with Vulkan. I have hopes that they'll work their way up to running as well as the Citra stuff.

I haven't bothered to set up Ryujinx yet, not sure if I should or wait for more Yuzu improvments.

PGamer

Nov 28, 2017
yuzu-emu.org

Progress Report March 2021 · yuzu

Hi yuz-ers, we’re here with the March progress report to offer you our latest news! We continue to update the Kernel, some considerations have been made for specific hardware, we have several changes and fixes to discuss, and we have a sneak peek at the progress on Project Hades.

PGamer

Nov 28, 2017
yuzu-emu.org

New Feature Release - Fastmem Support · yuzu

Hey there, yuz-ers! While all of you wait eagerly for the release of Project Hades, our shader decompiler rewrite, we thought we’d bring you a nice little surprise to keep you occupied. We present to you, the newest addition to yuzu’s ever-improving features list - Fastmem (Fast Memory Access)!

PGamer

Nov 28, 2017
yuzu-emu.org

Progress Report May 2021 · yuzu

Hola yuz-ers! It’s time yet again for another progress report! We have dozens of changes to discuss: Kernel fixes, input and UI improvements, graphical updates, the saga of the legendary dot, and even a method to procure extra VRAM!