Bishop89

What Are Ya' Selling?
Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
link
In short, Rebel Moon as a franchise is a success, judging by what we know so far. And Netflix obviously wants to strike while the iron is hot, which it chose to do by giving the green light to Rebel Moon: Part Three. Snyder himself confirmed this in an interview with Forbes where he said the following:

"We have definitely been working on a Part Three, as far as the story goes. We definitely know where we're all headed - we've known that for quite a while, to be honest. So yeah, I'm excited to make some more Rebel Moon movies - that would be fun."

Dan Thunder

Nov 2, 2017
klDWIMF.gif

MGPanda

Feb 25, 2018
Look, I've already done drive-by on a few Snyder threads, I really don't like his films that much but I won't do it again lmao

That said, serious question, is the third one even happening at the moment? I've never, ever seen anyone talk about these. Are they big, ratings-wise?

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
the third one is a cruise where everyone fucks on day two and then cries and talks about their favorite ayn rand dating tips day five

Dr. Mario

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Netherlands
I guess the first one had 72 million viewers, which would put it somewhere around Netflix 40th film thereabouts, so it's not all bad. But I'm not sure the price really balances out the viewers, given that it's also very mid. Maybe they become progressively cheaper to make with each installment? Or Netflix asked him to at least prepare for the off chance that viewership doesn't drop dramatically with the second film this Friday.

FWIW I thought the first movie was enjoyable trash and will watch the second one to see how it ends, but not sure it's something I'd keep investing time in.

Gay Bowser

Oct 30, 2017
Nobody else is reporting that Rebel Moon Part 3 has been "giving the green light." Snyder talking about working on a sequel in an interview is not the same thing as Netflix announcing that they have greenlit a sequel.

In an interview with Collider Snyder suggests that the third film has not been yet greenlit, though he hopes it will be (he encourages fans to give the film "a double thumbs up" on Netflix to show their support). Considering Collider is actually reporting on an interview they had with him instead of messily summarizing a Forbes interview, I'm going to go with them on this one.

Kind of like YouTubers that make shitty video essays "based" on other work that they regurgitate (and often get wrong), this sort of shows the danger of content mills that just republish news blurbs that carelessly rewrite the key bits of other media's actual reporting, and often get the details muddled. GameReactor reports: "Netflix obviously wants to strike while the iron is hot, which it chose to do by giving the green light to Rebel Moon: Part Three." Obviously? There is nothing in the original source that suggests that any of that has happened.

Last edited:

Dan Thunder

Nov 2, 2017
I guess the first one had 72 million viewers, which would put it somewhere around Netflix 40th film thereabouts, so it's not all bad. But I'm not sure the price really balances out the viewers, given that it's also very mid. Maybe they become progressively cheaper to make with each installment? Or Netflix asked him to at least prepare for the off chance that viewership doesn't drop dramatically with the second film this Friday.

FWIW I thought the first movie was enjoyable trash and will watch the second one to see how it ends, but not sure it's something I'd keep investing time in.
Tbf they're both pretty low-budget movies for what you get. I think together they come to just over $160m so around $80m per movie from a big, well known director isn't a huge risk for Netflix.

Dyno

AVALANCHE
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
300, Watchmen and Man of Steel were great movies. But the rest is extremely bad.
I could see the appeal for some people because of 300 or Watchmen. But Rebel moon is such a disaster! It's so pathetic in its execution.
300 was...OK but with some questionable stuff imo. The other two I've never actually watched since I'm not really into DC so I've only really seen 300 and the mess that is the rest of his output here and there. I think Sucker Punch was the film that made me really question who keeps funding his stuff most of all

Charpunk

Oct 25, 2017
Oh thank Christ I was just wondering what I was going to do without another movie of non stop slow motion in my life.

LV-0504

Oct 6, 2022
I don't know what is with all these doom and gloom posts.

The pitch meeting for part 3 will be glorious and easily worth whatever Netflix throws away for this.

Starphanluke

▲ Legend ▲
Nov 15, 2017
Y'all, him working on a script does not mean it's greenlit. I guarantee you it's not happening.

Embiid

Feb 20, 2021
Has the release date for the unrated cut of part 1 been announced yet? I still haven't seen it, thought I'd wait for the unrated but it's been 4 months

Yerffej

Prophet of Regret
Oct 25, 2017
Threat threads should at least be made to have an all-caps WARNING before the title starts.

GoodGrief

Jan 24, 2024
Nobody else is reporting that Rebel Moon Part 3 has been "giving the green light." Snyder talking about working on a sequel in an interview is not the same thing as Netflix announcing that they have greenlit a sequel.

In an interview with Collider Snyder suggests that the third film has not been yet greenlit, though he hopes it will be (he encourages fans to give the film "a double thumbs up" on Netflix to show their support). Considering Collider is actually reporting on an interview they had with him instead of messily summarizing a Forbes interview, I'm going to go with them on this one.

Kind of like YouTubers that make shitty video essays "based" on other work that they regurgitate (and often get wrong), this sort of shows the danger of content mills that just republish news blurbs that carelessly rewrite the key bits of other media's actual reporting, and often get the details muddled. GameReactor reports: "Netflix obviously wants to strike while the iron is hot, which it chose to do by giving the green light to Rebel Moon: Part Three." Obviously? There is nothing in the original source that suggests that any of that has happened.
This
Has the release date for the unrated cut of part 1 been announced yet? I still haven't seen it, thought I'd wait for the unrated but it's been 4 months
Snyder said August in an interview recently

Cruxist

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I still want to watch the first one out of morbid curiosity, but I'm waiting for the directors cut, whenever that launches.

Fisty

Oct 25, 2017
That statement sounds like typical "we are working on something" and not "we got the greenlight and funding already"

Mr. Poolman

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I think we need to stop giving Snyder any attention, maybe that way he will go away with his crappy movies.

poptire

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I don't get the appeal. The only Snyder movie I've liked is Dawn of the Dead, and I credit James Gunn for that.