• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Lobster Roll

signature-less, now and forever
Sep 24, 2019
Oooo it's old games in new engine season. Also what's up with the camera? That would make me nauseous after a while.

Dest

Has seen more 10s than EA ever will
Coward
Jun 4, 2018
Work
NINTENDO, I AM BEGGING YOU TO GIVE THIS MAN A JOB

Hailinel

Shamed a mod for a tag
Oct 27, 2017
We're going to go through this with every generation of Unreal Engine, aren't we?

blame space

Resettlement Advisor
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
that was something. it looked like the witcher.

bottom of the well/shadow temple is the best part of the game

--R

Being sued right now, please help me find a lawyer
Oct 25, 2017
The man is back at it, looking for a job.

Serif

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Thought this was related to the decompilation and got excited at the speed of a new port, nvm

CielTynave

Oct 25, 2017
While I can appreciate the effort that went into this , these fanmade unreal videos all look too samey. Unless I haven't been paying attention and they actually are from the same person lol.

SilverX

Jan 21, 2018
User banned (1 week): platform warring
Nintendo: Hahahahahahaha! As if we'd ever spend money on those visuals!

iFirez

Oct 25, 2017
England
I feel extremely nauseated watching that, poor framerate and a terrible camera do that. Visually beautiful and very dense but it's clearly having a hard time running and while it's only being showcased as a tech demo/fan creation - I think just cinematic camera shots would have sufficed (ie. what is already there at 1:45 to 3:45) over the bumpy, disorientating view bobbing - and a more cinematic approach may have worked better at this framerate too. (Weirdly the video says 4K60 but it does not feel 60 at any point to me)

My Tulpa

alt account
Banned
Sep 19, 2021
Am I the only one who doesn't want Nintendo to remaster their old games to look like this kind of stuff?

Secret Bambino

▲ Legend ▲
Mar 21, 2021

Jakenbakin

Jun 17, 2018
I don't like it, the environments look like they belong to a completely different game than Link (and Ocarina of Time). Very good looking, very much so not Zelda looking.

Karateka

Oct 28, 2017
It even has authentic OoT framerate!

Jkit is awesome and would love to play a game looking like that.

My Tulpa

alt account
Banned
Sep 19, 2021
Funny, if it was an average looking white dude named Belda in that demo, no one would be giving that video the time of day.

Fei

Oct 25, 2017
Wonderful rendering that looks absolutely nothing like Zelda. Like all the others.

Deleted member 44122

reminds me a lot of shenmue 3. a total disconnect of world and player, no cohesion, not fitting the art style at all, having the same basic layout but putting random assets everywhere. not my cup of tea

Poltergust

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Orlando, FL
Environment design and lighting look nice, in a vacuum.

Literally everything to do with Link (model, animation, CAMERA) looks absolutely terrible.

YozoraXV

Oct 30, 2017
While it looked great it just does not look like Zelda the BotW art style just works better.

This make Zelda look like an Elders Scrolls or Witcher game too realistic.

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
It looks exactly how I thought it was going to look. How utterly uninteresting.

Canas Renvall

Banned
Mar 4, 2018
Nintendo: If by less generic you mean "cheaper", then yes, we always want to make our visuals less generic. Our systems always keep less generic visuals in mind after the Gamecube!
This is a joke, right? This demo looks like... well, I'll be nice and say "not great", lmao. Art style is a thing Nintendo excels in, regardless of budget.

Kaiken

Oct 25, 2017
Can't wait for the Switch 2 Ultimate Editon Turbo to produce these levels of quality.

Conkerkid11

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Looks neither like Zelda, nor any other modern games with realistic style graphics.

These types of projects should honestly just be a collection of great-looking renders rather than slapping a character model with a jogging animation in and whatever this drunk cam is, because none of these ever tend to look all that great in motion.

reminds me a lot of shenmue 3. a total disconnect of world and player, no cohesion, not fitting the art style at all, having the same basic layout but putting random assets everywhere. not my cup of tea
Yeah. Now that you mention it, that's what these things remind me of.

Nintendo: If by less generic you mean "cheaper", then yes, we always want to make our visuals less generic. Our systems always keep less generic visuals in mind after the Gamecube!
wat