• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

udivision

Oct 25, 2017
Between this man not being hired by Nintendo and the N64 NSO debacle, it's obvious why Nintendo delayed Advance Wars into next year.

Nacho

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
Oooo it's old games in new engine season. Also what's up with the camera? That would make me nauseous after a while.
lol same. had to stop watching.

Interesting video, always enjoy these updates of old games on new engines, even if just to imagine what could be done if nintendo cared to do something like this with an actual studio behind it.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I always approve of passionate fans creating out of something they already love, but that really isn't Ocarina in much the same way that fan redo of Alexandria wasn't Final Fantasy IX.

Ramirez

Oct 26, 2017
It pains me that I will never experience Nintendo at this technical level in my lifetime probably, heh. I was replaying OOT with my gf the other night and just thinking about a remake on this level…🥲

Poltergust

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Orlando, FL
These types of projects should honestly just be a collection of great-looking renders rather than slapping a character model with a jogging animation in and whatever this drunk cam is, because none of these ever tend to look all that great in motion.
Yeah, we don't need to have a player character physically run around in these environments. Unless you are an expert at model rigging while also being a good programmer (on top of being an expert environmental artist), it just takes away from what the showcase is supposed to be about because it always looks bad. These are all separate jobs in game dev studios for a reason.

Just put a floating camera you can move around. It's far easier that way, too.

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
We're going to go through this with every generation of Unreal Engine, aren't we?
mario2b64e8klv.jpg

Landy828

Oct 26, 2017
Clemson, SC
I want a complete remake/remaster of OoT.

However, that's too "generic realistic". I want it to look amazing, but still hold that Zelda and Nintendo charm/design.

Folie

Dec 16, 2017
These videos are always such a reminder of why art > tech so often. Take Link out of it and it looks like any generic fantasy thing

SaberVS7

Oct 25, 2017
Honestly I've always wondered

Was "Nintendo, hire this man!" ever something said unironically in response to these kinds of videos? Like, is there a demographic out there that uncritically thinks Nintendo's games would be better looking like these?

klee123

Oct 27, 2017
Looks generic and uninspired.

Technically great, but that's it. Just like the vast majority of the Unreal fan demo out there.

Crashman

Oct 27, 2017
I know the last seven years have been rough, but the citizens of Kakariko have to invest in infrastructure. All their streets are overgrown with plants, and the stones are all upturned.

Duffking

Oct 27, 2017
Looks as terrible as these videos normally look.

It's semi-technically impressive I guess, but nothing artistically that wows me. If anything it makes me hope we never get a Zelda with this sort of art direction. If you can even call throwing every effect in the UE pipeline at some assets an art direction.

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
This is a good example of why you shouldn't let your cameraman drink on the job

big_z

Nov 2, 2017
All these unreal remakes remind me of people who get into drawing and all they do is dragonball anime. Same generic, uninspired look. Built in visual effects of an engine does not replace art direction.

Jetsun Mila

User requested ban
Banned
Apr 7, 2021
For a little personal hobby fan project that one inexperienced guy does it's pretty good, even through there is of course a lot of room to grow and improve. It would be unrealistic to expect any level of professional video game quality for an amateur to begin with and if he has fun doing that then I don't mind this.

Leo-Tyrant

Jan 14, 2019
San Jose, Costa Rica
It looks exactly how I thought it was going to look. How utterly uninteresting.

Yeah, the assets and lighting even make it look like a Witcher 3 village-location with an imported high poly Link.

I actively dislike Nintendo's "graphics are not our priority" when it comes to IQ (resolution, etc.) but I truly appreciate their art style and aesthetics.

Imagine Zelda looking like this. Dear lord what a copy paste approach.

ghibli99

Oct 27, 2017
Not a fan (and the framerate/camera movement make me ill), but kudos for putting this together! Better than anything I could ever do. :)

Mar 19, 2021
Nintendo will never give us high level graphics, we will play these 2009 looking games for the next 10 years and we will love spending money on them, it's ART!!!

Het_Nkik

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I really wanted to watch the part of Link running around the village but like others have said, the camera wobble was making me feel nauseated so I had to close out of it.

jroc74

Oct 27, 2017
Omg...Nintendo pls.

and I thought I was gonna get in before the usual complaints about not my Nintendo game.

Too late, lol.

solidr

Oct 28, 2017
hey nintendo i'm begging you i'm on my knees here pleading please hire this man i am seriously begging here I am going to pass away please help hiring this man is the only cure please nintendo

Septimus

Oct 27, 2017
I feel like you can't just throw tons of technology and think it'll look better. This looks generic ass Witcher 3 esque in a way. Tech is good, but yeah didn't really like it much. Not to mention the camera jesus christ lol felt like a constant earthquake.