• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Dancrane212

Oct 25, 2017
I feel like there will be some scaling back, but hopefully they don't drop to 30fps or scale back the visuals too much. It's a gorgeous game and to have it on the go would br a dream come true.

Moon Studios had direct access to Unity engineers since they contracted to build the engine for the Xbox One by Microsoft during Ori's development. You have to figure the game was built pretty efficiently at the time.

Even still, Moon Studios has shown they are some of the best when it comes to 2D Unity so I'm sure they'll figure it out.

Deleted member 51691

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 6, 2019
Of all the games to concern troll about Switch graphics/performance... Ori is beautiful, but my weak-ass laptop can run it at relatively stable 30 FPS and low settings. The Switch will survive.

zothenr

Sep 21, 2018
I think the MS game is Ori. This is an Indie games presentation and Halo is the opposite to an Indie game

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
Well.....some embarrassing posts in this thread. If you think Ori couldn't run on Switch you probably shouldn't comment on any Switch port related topics in future.

These games are coming to Switch because it's a good business move for MS and they can make money on one of the fastest selling consoles/portables. They don't need anything else in return for it to be wortwhile for them.

If....if Nintendo was interested in bringing their own IPs to other systems - they would start with PC and PlayStation first since those markets are bigger than the Xbox market. You must be delusional to think that Cuphead or Ori on Switch suddenly means Nintendo content on Xbox.

PS. Yeah it's obviously Ori and it's a great fit. As was Cuphead.

Smart moves from MS and the developers involved. It helps those IPs grow - see Cuphead Switch just before the Netflix announcement and get even more people excited for sequels - see Ori 2 next year on Xbox/PC.

Rockets

Sep 12, 2018
Ori will run at 60fps. I'm sure of it. The Switch is more powerful than most people think.

MilesQ

Oct 25, 2017
Moon Studios had direct access to Unity engineers since they contracted to build the engine for the Xbox One by Microsoft during Ori's development. You have to figure the game was built pretty efficiently at the time.

Even still, Moon Studios has shown they are some of the best when it comes to 2D Unity so I'm sure they'll figure it out.

You're not wrong, they are immensely talented. I'm hoping for the best.

Of all the games to concern troll about Switch graphics/performance... Ori is beautiful, but my weak-ass laptop can run it at relatively stable 30 FPS and low settings. The Switch will survive.

It's a 60fos game. Playing it at 30fps is doing the game a huge disservice and it won't have the same feel to it.

YukiroCTX

Prophet of Regret
Oct 30, 2017
I would absolutely rebuy Ori again for switch. I've also got Cuphead. Not sure why people think it couldn't run well on the Switch. I recently finished Unruly heroes which was supposedly Unity after months which has some really good art and has some solid FPS (60) performance on the device.

crazillo

Apr 5, 2018
This is great for customers and will drive sales but I feel Ori was a big argument for getting this generation's Xbox. Maybe not Ori itself but together with games like Cuphead some of the best exclusives now appear on Switch. Porting Ori will only strengthen the narrative of people taking a wait and see approach rather than buying into the Microsoft ecosystem in the future, I think. On the other hand, the gen is almost over and gaining new fans for these franchises is maybe also a part of this strategy.

Mickagau

Dec 11, 2018
France
How hard is Ori ? I might be tempted if it comes to Switch but I really can't enjoy hard games anymore.
Is it Donkey Kong hard (challenging), Mario hard (medium) or Kirby hard (easy) ?

Jeb

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Mar 14, 2018
Not a fan of these leaks.

Ruins the surprise of shadow drops from indie devs.

I know they are supported by MS but I'm talking about small devs.

Shame Zhu.

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
Ori is pretty exciting, but I can't lie; Microsoft's potential announcement(s) in the Fall Nintendo Direct are way more exciting (and will probably overshadow Ori; unless it ends up shadow-dropping or something).

I know there are plenty of hints towards MCC, but do we have anything on Rare Replay (besides Sabi mentioning it a few months ago)?

MilesQ

Oct 25, 2017
I would absolutely rebuy Ori again for switch. I've also got Cuphead. Not sure why people think it couldn't run well on the Switch. I recently finished Unruly heroes which was supposedly Unity after months which has some really good art and has some solid FPS (60) performance on the device.

It's already on my triple dip list. Gimme that portable Ori goodness.

How hard is Ori ? I might be tempted if it comes to Switch but I really can't enjoy hard games anymore.
Is it Donkey Kong hard (challenging), Mario hard (medium) or Kirby hard (easy) ?

There are a few difficulty spikes (one is quite early one and I have friends who have quit because of it), but it's generally not too challenging, expect lots of trial and error but the checkpoint system is generous and you won't be doing too much backtracing.

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
It's a 60fos game. Playing it at 30fps is doing the game a huge disservice and it won't have the same feel to it.
Who says its gonna run at 30 ? Feels like some of you have to go to the worst possible outcome just for your argument to have some foundation.
So dar all MS related titles on Switch have been quality ports - i dont see a reason why they would dump something on Switch that would make their brand or there IPs look bad to potential new fans.
This is great for customers and will drive sales but I feel Ori was a big argument for getting this generation's Xbox. Maybe not Ori itself but together with games like Cuphead some of the best exclusives now appear on Switch. Porting Ori will only strengthen the narrative of people taking a wait and see approach rather than buying into the Microsoft ecosystem in the future, I think. On the other hand, the gen is almost over and gaining new fans for these franchises is maybe also a part of this strategy.
You dont need an Xbox to play Ori.

Kelanflyter

Banned
Nov 9, 2017
France
Ori is pretty exciting, but I can't lie; Microsoft's potential announcement(s) in the Fall Nintendo Direct are way more exciting (and will probably overshadow Ori; unless it ends up shadow-dropping or something).

I know there are plenty of hints towards MCC, but do we have anything on Rare Replay (besides Sabi mentioning it a few months ago)?
Jeuxvidéo.com said cuphead, ori, mcc and forza

Voodoopeople

Oct 29, 2017

The main game is probably Mario hard by your scale but the tree sections (sort of boss battles) are huge spikes. I died over 100 times completing it. It's super meat boy style instant restart so whilst maddening it felt addictive too.

But be warned. I was celebrating completing the section like a madman but was so drained I didn't carry on and just made that bit my own end game. You might do the same if sensitive to difficulty in games like me. I get challenged every day at work and have little time for it in gaming these days.

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
Jeuxvidéo.com said cuphead, ori, mcc and forza
Yeah; I know (I see those last three as practically confirmed already; with proof for Forza being datamined and all the noise surrounding MCC). I was asking about Rare Replay specifically, since there isn't as much behind it (and it's my second most-wanted of these Microsoft ports).

Sabi seemed pretty confident about it in March, but I don't think we've heard much about it since

Herey

Unshakable Resolve
Jan 10, 2019
Cuphead was sensibly priced so I'm totally down for all these ports.

lvl 99 Pixel

Oct 25, 2017
Ori for Smash!...if he wasn't already in Rivals

Its all 3 of those. Not too bad on normal difficulty if you're used to platformers.

XR.

Nov 22, 2018
Sorry, but what's the purpose of leaking this exactly?

Last edited:

Fredrik

Oct 27, 2017
People who don't buy an Xbox usually have a PC and Ori has been on Steam for years, it's not really an exclusive at all as far as I'm concerned.

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
yeah i would have preferred to be surprised :/

I kinda have to agree with this.
Especially since it was to be announced tomorrow anyway - the indie world talk before hand was people speculating about what cool indie surprises could show up - now people are bringing up Halo and co. or concern trolling about Ori running like shit on Switch lol.

Getting the confirmation for stuff that many people were expecting or predicting anyways ist that bad on its own, but it kinda messes up the expectations in these threads before the stream.

Alex840

Oct 31, 2017

Between Mario and DK. Most of the game isn't that hard at all, but there a few set-piece moments that last a couple of minutes that require pin-point precision like this:

NippleViking

May 2, 2018
Dunno what's worse - those suggesting that the Switch won't be able to run Ori smoothly, or those contending Ori isn't a graphical visual showcase.

TheGhost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Long Island
The only people wait and see approach is impacting is forum users. General consumer public is not even aware of things like that.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Sabi and Papa Genos leaking too in Papa Genos video. He says the Microsoft game (which we all know) will release September 27.