• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Narag

Oct 25, 2017
I've been woefully busy this past season but am looking forward to my man Furuhashi nailing it with future anime of the year Spy x Family. Once again, I go bannerless as Printer Paper 8 X 11 is too busy with his work. Rumor has it he's a big shot that reads pervert comics for the government now. Also I finally remembered to fix the things phaze asked me to fix after uhhhh seven months of forgetting. Sorry, phaze!!

I just lifted all the show descriptions from anichart which had lifted them from elsewhere!

New Stuff

WxkHJq9.png

Spy x Family
PV

At a time when all nations of the world were involved in a fierce war of information happening behind closed doors, Ostania and Westalis had been in a state of cold war against one another for decades. The Westalis Intelligence Services' Eastern-Focused Division (WISE) sends their most talented spy, "Twilight," on a top-secret mission to investigate the movements of Donovan Desmond, the chairman of Ostania's National Unity Party, who is threatening peace efforts between the two nations. This mission is known as "Operation Strix." It consists of "putting together a family in one week in order to infiltrate social gatherings organized by the elite school that Desmond's son attends."

3AN1WIO.png

Shikimori's Not Just a Cutie
PV

The ultimate "heartthrob girlfriend" appears! Naturally unlucky high school student Izumi's girlfriend is his classmate Shikimori. She has a beautiful smile and kind personality and always seems happy when she's with Izumi. She's a pretty, cute, and loving girlfriend, but when Izumi's in trouble… she transforms into a super cool "heartthrob girlfriend!" The fun lives of the cute and cool Shikimori, Izumi, and their good friends never end!

MvKSozx.jpg

BIRDIE WING: Golf Girls' Story
PV

The story centers on two young women golfers named Eve and Aoi Amawashi. The two come from completely different backgrounds, and have the completely opposite play styles, and together they will shake the world of golf.

MmXT7wB.jpg

Tomodachi Game
PV

High school student Katagiri Yuuichi, who values friendship above all else, enjoys a fulfilling life with his close friends Sawagiri Shiho, Mikasa Tenji, Shibe Makoto, and Kokorogi Yutori.

However, after a particular incident, they're dragged into a debt repayment game.

The only way to beat the "Tomodachi Game" is to not doubt their friends. Bound together by solid friendships, the game should've been easy, but– The hugely popular comic that sold over two million copies is finally becoming an anime! Will they trust or betray their precious friends? The true nature of humanity is exposed in the ultimate psychological game!

tHsiJsj.jpg

Vampire in the Garden
PV

One cold winter, humanity lost its battle with the vampires, and with it, most of where they called home. A small population of survivors created a wall of light in a small town to protect them and give them a place to live in peace. Our protagonist, Momo, lives a repressed life but still wishes to coexist with the enemy, the vampires. Fine, the vampire queen, once loved humans and disappeared from the battlefield. As war rages through the humans' town, the two have a fateful encounter. Once upon a time, humans and vampires lived in harmony in a place called Paradise. This is the story of a young girl and a vampire on a journey to find Paradise.

7UwS6pb.png

Aharen Is Indecipherable
PV

The story follows the "indecipherable" daily life of the short and quiet Reina Aharen and Raidou who sits next to her. Aharen is not so good at gauging the distance between people, and Raidou initially felt some distance between the two of them. One day, when Raidou picked up the eraser that Aharen had dropped, the distance between them suddenly became uncomfortably close.

5Gtztsh.png

Spriggan
PV

A great civilization once existed on this Earth. Possessing knowledge and scientific prowess far exceeding that of modern man, the relics of this ancient civilization remain hidden across this world even now. As high-speed communication networks cover the globe and the peering eyes of satellites are able to expose all secrets, the armies of great nations clash as they seek to uncover and research these artifacts, which possess an unfathomable "power." A member of this ancient civilization carved a message into a plate: "Protect our relics from evil-doers." Taking this message to heart, one organization aims to seal away this ancient civilization for good. The elite secret agents of this organization are known as…Spriggans.

AdRC6d6.png

Love After World Domination
PV

There are two sides to every coin...light vs. dark, good vs. evil, love vs. hate. Sometimes the line between the two grows thin...and it's so, so easy to cross. So it's no surprise that Fudo Aikawa, A.K.A. Red Gelato of the Gelato Five and hero to all people, just may have happened to fall for the villainess and member of the shadow organization Gekko, Desumi Magahara! But when opposites like these attract, there's more than a few obstacles to their love...! What's a pair like this to do?

aCDpGbr.png

Summer Time Render
PV

A tragic incident calls a young man named Shinpei back to his hometown on the remote island of Higotoshima, Japan. But something sinister awaits upon his return, and a chilling sequence of events unfolds that will have dire consequences for Shinpei, for Japan, and for the entire world!

nxXDvkz.png

Ya Boy Kongming!
PV

Fate and reincarnation deliver brilliant military strategist, Kongming, from warring, ancient China to Japan's modern party hot spot in Shibuya City, Tokyo. After a lifetime of battles and military skirmishes, Kongming wished with his last breath to be reborn in a world of peace and prosperity. It's nearly two millennia later and he's finding his way in a very different world than that of his past life. When he meets Eiko, an amateur musician with big dreams, the unlikely duo strikes up an even unlikelier friendship. Eiko has street smarts to help Kongming navigate this strange new world, and Kongming will use his strategic mind to help Eiko achieve stardom!

Returning Stuff

Rv7vH9Z.jpg

Odd Taxi: Into the Woods
PV

This is a reconstruction of the television anime that will also depict what happens after its finale with a new story written by Kazuya Konomoto.

Including this as it strikes me very much as the sort of thing that CR randomly tosses up on the service shortly after JP theatrical release.

0DoKNsh.png

The Demon Girl Next Door Season 2
PV
Shamiko, AKA Shadow Mistress Yuuko, aims to break the curse placed on her family by the Clan of Light. Along the way, she forms an unlikely allegiance with Momo, a rival from the Light Clan! They'll need to work together to find another magical girl who's gone mysteriously missing, and what is this? There's a dangerous force lurking somewhere in the city, plus Shamiko's mysterious father might be closer than she thinks?

b9u7C9J.png

Tiger & Bunny 2
PV
Fighting for peace — and their sponsors — the odd couple of Wild Tiger and Barnaby continue to work as superheroes. But with the number of superheroes increasing around the world, how will these two veterans fare!?

kQJa44N.jpg

Komi Can't Communicate Part 2
PV

Komi and pals are back! Who else will Komi make friends with? How will her relationship with Tadano evolve?

oig6TN5.jpg

Magia Record: Puella Magi Madoka Magica Side Story Final Season -Dawn of a Shallow Dream-
PV

The final season of Magia Record: Mahou Shoujo Madoka☆Magica Gaiden.

BhWmUKf.png

Legend of the Galactic Heroes: Die Neue These - Collision
PV

The sequel to Legend of the Galactic Heroes: Die Neue These Second.

qvCylam.jpg

AMAIM Warrior at the Borderline 2nd Season
PV

The second cour of Kyoukai Senki.

CgowLyw.jpg

Shin Ikkitousen
PV

Yeah, I don't know why this is back..

nrXQrXt.jpg

Kaguya-sama: Love is War -Ultra Romantic-
PV

I don't know why this is back either.

Other returning shows include Date a Live, Love Live, Black Rock Shooter, Ghost in the Shell: SAC_2045, Ultraman, Kingdom, Build Divide, Ascendance of a Bookworm, Pacific Rim: The Black, and Raphtalia's Bizarre Adventure.

Noteworthy

• Funimation is being folded into Crunchyroll so if you haven't been keeping up, you should probably cancel your Funi account and make a CR one.​

~*~*~From the Desk of N-ko~*~*~
0VJuzI0l.png

It's come to my attention that Netflix Jail is no longer acceptable terminology and henceforth such shows should be referred to as still on N-ko's desk waiting for her approval.

Recent Approvals:
Kotaro Lives Alone
Thermae Romae Novae

Pending approval:
Detective Conan: Zero's Tea Time 4/5
Tiger & Bunny 2 4/8
Ultraman 4/14
Pacific Rim: The Black Season 2 4/19
Bubble 4/28
Vampire in the Garden 5/16
Ghost in the Shell SAC 2045 S2 5/23
Spriggan 6/18

Releasing six months after the last person asks when it'll come out:
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Part 6: Stone Ocean S2

Resources

Spring 2022 Shows
Spring 2022, Who Has What Shows
ResetEra Anime of the Decade Results Thread
ResetEra Anime of the Decade Voting Thread
ResetEra Anime of the Year 2021 Results
ResetEra Anime of the Year 2021 Voting Thread
ResetEra Anime of the Year 2020 Results
ResetEra Anime of the Year 2020 Voting Thread
ResetEra Anime of the Year 2019 Results
ResetEra Anime of the Year 2019 Results Full Spreadsheet Doc
ResetEra Anime of the Year 2019 Voting Thread
ResetEra Anime of the Year 2018 Results
ResetEra Anime of the Year 2018 Results Full Spreadsheet Doc
ResetEra Anime of the Year 2018 Voting Thread
ResetEra Anime of the Year 2017 Results

Discussion Ground Rules
- Please do not discuss piracy.
- Please keep it work-safe.
- Please do not be stupid.
-DONT POST ANITUBER VIDEOS (In Particular the big name ones Gigg, Mother's Basement, Digi etc..(Those three in particular endorsed the scams of Flying Colors and/or Otakucoin), Baka-Bishie's post found here explains the rationale of why this rule was put into place and links resources to more details on what occurred during one of these scams. Smaller Youtube channel videos can be posted, but please only post them if you think it if you think it will cause actual discussion or gives non-low hanging fruit knowledge.​

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
First episode of Ya Boy Kongming was awesome!
Also I've got like 20 shows on my to check out list this season, it's a super busy one, looking forward to The world of Otome Games is tough for mobs this Sunday! Only new mech show I think

katsu044

Mar 1, 2021
canada
kinda love ya boy Kongming 1 thought it was gonna be super silly and it still is but the music is solid MC is done by the same girl that voices sakura in zombieland also its quite funny ! Zhuge Liang is reborn as a part timer barista
this will be a continue watch for me

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Speaking of here's my watch list for the season(only one show hasn't been confirmed yet)
RSANimeSO1.PNG

Also yeah drink master Zhuge was great

Metroidvania

Oct 25, 2017
I've said it before, but damn this season is stacked.

Kaguya, Komi, Machikado all return, plus there's way too much interesting looking new stuff.

SpyxFamily, Shikimori, the Sentai romance, the Time Travel show, the squid game show, Odd Taxi continuation.....sheesh.

Curious if Vampire in the Garden ends up being low-key yuri bait or not, but at the very least we'll have Executioner....and more Shamiko noises!

Meanwhile, I wonder if Magia Record finally ending will have any hints at post-Rebellion's 'main story' continuation....

RochHoch

One Winged Slayer
May 22, 2018
It's Spy X Family season, finally

I remember when I started the manga thinking "y'know, this is gonna be awesome as anime someday"

That day is here at last. I can't freakin' wait

Oct 25, 2017
I've given up on Spy X Family manga cuz it wasn't interesting me at first, now at the time when they announced anime TV. I was excited for it.

Hero

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Tiger and Bunny S2 is this soon?! For some reason I thought it was far off still.

djinn

Nov 16, 2017
Revue Starlight 5
Bold of them to have Mahiru's symbol be the cat flipping the bird at everyone.

pbayne

Corrupted by Vengeance
Oct 27, 2017
Two Doga Kobo shows in one season? We aren't worthy.
Can't wait to see what gaudy sponserships Tiger and Bunny picked up in the last ten years.

Jintor

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
Excited to finally watch machikado in like six months or however long a season lasts these days.

When is yuru camp movie

jman2050

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
AOTY 2022 finally airs. I fully expect this to be the best season given the material it covers.

After that, Spy x Family, Shamiko's evil adventures, and hopefully Aharen delivers as well.

Also for old times' sake, K-On sucks

Yu Narukami

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 26, 2017
I checked the TOS and why can't I post about Mother's Basement? He's pretty cool and nothing in the TOS says it's against it. Maybe a mod could enlighten us?

Pellaidh

Oct 26, 2017
I checked the TOS and why can't I post about Mother's Basement? He's pretty cool and nothing in the TOS says it's against it. Maybe a mod could enlighten us?

It's not against the TOS. It's just against the rules of this thread, mostly because he supported a scam that tried to exploit children with mental health issues for financial gain. The link in the OP has a good summary, and this is a more detailed account of the scam. Plus his content (and other big anituber content in general) doesn't really offer anything in terms of meaningful discussion, is often filled with misleading or wrong information, and I think it's pretty safe to say his tastes in anime are very different from this thread, to put it nicely.

It's perfectly fine to make your own thread about it if you want to, depending on the specific video. Although from my experience AniTuber threads don't really go all that well. The last one I posted in was locked pretty early on, and the few threads about Mother's Basement specifically that I've seen never really generated much discussion.

DassoBrother

Oct 25, 2017
Saskatchewan
Not much I'm actually looking forward to. Hope Spy x Family is good. Something in my gut is telling me the Odd Taxi continuation will be a nothing burger. I wasn't as in love with the show though so maybe that's dampening my expectations.

Pellaidh

Oct 26, 2017
This is the first season in a while I'm actually excited about.

Kaguya and Spy x Family are almost guaranteed to be great.

In terms of other shows, Tomodachi Game looks like something I would be into, and Summertime Render looks like Higurashi without all the stuff that made me hate Higurashi.

Grexeno

Sorry for your ineptitude
Oct 25, 2017
Ya Boy Kongmin is good enough for another episode at least

Yu Narukami

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 26, 2017
I started watching Classroom of the Elite because of the hype. The story is alright but it's hilarious that every girl is super busty even the teachers, and sometimes when they talk the camera only focuses on their breats or ass and then switches to the boy's face talking and then back to the breats when the girl talks. Is it popular because of that?

Master Milk

Oct 25, 2017
I started watching Classroom of the Elite because of the hype. The story is alright but it's hilarious that every girl is super busty even the teachers, and sometimes when they talk the camera only focuses on their breats or ass and then switches to the boy's face talking and then back to the breats when the girl talks. Is it popular because of that?

yes

there's hype for this? i guess a second season means someone technically asked for it but . . . meh

daveo42

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
I also do not understand why Ikkitousen is back.

I've cobbled together a list of 16 shows for this season. Not even sure how I did that.
Excited to finally watch machikado in like six months or however long a season lasts these days.

When is yuru camp movie
Roadshow is July, so hopefully it gets released worldwide before the end of the year. I have zero clue how well it has done outside of Japan, but it seems to be insanely popular in Japan with all the adaptations it has gotten in the last few years.

Viale

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Kaguya-sama: Love is War -Ultra Romantic-

I don't know why this is back either

Is there a joke I'm missing, or is this just a case of shit taste?

Kaguya is awesome, and S3 should be easily the best yet.

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto, Canada
Kind of crazy how much stuff I want to check out this season. I let some stuff slip through my radar at the start of Winter, but I think I did a good job watching all of the big stuff.

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
Anyone actually subscribe to RetroCrush? I see that 2 year anniversary deal and am tempted. I downloaded the app (to see what the free version was like) and I must not have used it for a while because I don't remember the ads being sooo painful, but then I looked online and people are complaining that even the paid version is kinda crappy.

Angelo

Aug 24, 2018
New thread! This season i probably will try decreasing the amount of seasonals i watch. Because i kinda miss watching non-seasonals.

EDIT: Forgot to mention but i'm the most excited for Spy x Family, Summertime Render, and Ao Ashi!

On a side note:
Looks like To Your Eternity Season 2 is listed with 20 episodes (https://twitter.com/SugoiLITE/status/1509870229114871822)
and
Welcome to Demon School! Iruma-kun Season 3 is listed with 21 episodes (https://twitter.com/SugoiLITE/status/1509874276207235082)

Last edited:

Pitou

Oct 25, 2017
New thread! This season i probably will try decreasing the amount of seasonals i watch. Because i kinda miss watching non-seasonals.

On a side note:
Looks like To Your Eternity Season 2 is listed with 20 episodes (https://twitter.com/SugoiLITE/status/1509870229114871822)
and
Welcome to Demon School! Iruma-kun Season 3 is listed with 21 episodes (https://twitter.com/SugoiLITE/status/1509874276207235082)
just remembered I still need to go through the final arc of the first season of to your eternity lol. I remember not enjoying that arc when I was reading the manga and slowly started to dislike the whole series as it went on and dropped it at around 100 chapters.

as for spring.....SPY X FAMILY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I usually don't watch shows weekly but I love this manga and will definitely be keeping up weekly with the anime to see all the reactions!. AOTY!
if chainsaw man doesn't come out this year :D

Andrew J

Oct 26, 2017
The Adirondacks
This season I'll be watching:

Bookworm S3
The Executioner and Her Way of Life
Kaguya-sama Ultra Romantic
Komi-san S2
Kyoukai Senmi S2
Magia Record Final
Shachiku-san wa Youjo Yuurei ni Iyasaretai
Spy x Family

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
This season I'll be watching:

Bookworm S3
The Executioner and Her Way of Life
Kaguya-sama Ultra Romantic
Komi-san S2
Kyoukai Senmi S2
Magia Record Final
Shachiku-san wa Youjo Yuurei ni Iyasaretai
Spy x Family
I dropped Amaim after 3 episodes, it wasn't holding me(commited the sin of being boring and nationalistic), Rumble Garanndoll last season was so much better. Glad I have a new mech show in Trapped in a dating sim: the world of Otome games is tough for mobs. This season

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto, Canada
This is my list now that I've looked through what interests me (some might get dropped):
  • Ao Ashi
  • Black Rock Shooter
  • Kaguya-sama 3
  • Komi-san 2
  • Shield Hero 2
  • Shikomori
  • Spy x Family
  • Summer Time Render
  • Tomodachi Game

Status
Not open for further replies.