Oct 26, 2017
I only say it because it's hard to argue intent when we don't know the last scum's intent. You could say killing Vere is optimal but maybe they went for a sub-optimal kill so we wouldn't look elsewhere. It's hard to predicate an entire theory on the intent of someone's intent when we don't know it.
I get what you're saying, but at the end of the day, this game is all theory and bullshite anyway. I suppose I can theorize on intent because I can see the effect of Vere's death and who it negatively impacts the most----VA. I've had Vere on my PoE. I've called godfather out multiple times, and implied over-and-over it could be Vere. I defended Pancakes over Vere's prodding play against her EoD yesterday. Since I'm town, I can see, at minimum, intent was to keep focus where it was. And I can also wager that scum would be damn gutsy to leave you and Launch alive without really really good reason. The only reason strong enough, to me, is that you two are not looking at our last scum.

Who are these scum sitting in our townreads and why are they scum? We've laid out why they're not scum; it's up to you and Pancakes to tell us why they are.
Anex and Captain. And it still very well could be Pancakes. But that's a bold move by Pancakes, and I don't know them well enough to know if they enjoy bold moves. From my perspective, I've defended Pancakes and laid out why they aren't scum a few times. If people think I'm scum, light me up. Start the hits. I'm not here EoD so let's get it out of the way today (tomorrow in real terms since I'm in bed now) because I've not seen any real cases, and I don't want scum to have an easy go at me the last hour while I'm not here to defend myself. If it's simple PoE---okay. I get it. That sucks for me, but I understand and all I can do at that point is give you a better target. But if it isn't PoE, and you truly think I've done something scummy, come at me. I can take it.

I'm not saying I'm not going to try to make a case on Anex, Captain, or Pancakes. But I really hope I'm not the only one considering them, because if so, that's deflating. I definitely don't have the energy to take on that role. But it'll be tomorrow until I can really start putting things together. And what I'm afraid of is that I'm going to wind up with nothing, in which case it is simply down to PoE for those 2. And if it's your PoE against mine....I'm boned. BUT I'm also still confident there is 1 scum, we have 2 days left, and if I do die today, you all have one day left to still get it right. So I have to at least embrace that and try to be positive so I don't spiral into, "fuck it. Let's get me done with" so I can watch from spec.

Oct 26, 2017
Let's lay out a scenario where four are left of me, Launch, Anex and Captain.

Launch wants to vote Anex
I want to vote out Captain
Anex/Captain could either be the last scum.

Anex's optimal play is to kill Launch because Launch will go hard on Anex because he wants to him out. But it's also sub-optimal because the obvious kill for him to win is to kill Launch so I could figure that and vote him off for it. If he kills me then Launch could still want to vote out Anex.

Captain's optimal play is to kill me because I want to vote him off hard. But it's also sub-optimal because if Launch realizes that I was killed off because of my wanting to vote on Anex then it's sub-optimal. If he kills Launch then I could just continue going after him because that was my original intention.

That's why I bring up WIFOM because the scum could easily do either scenario dependent on confident they are.

So you're arguing the intent that Vere was killed because me and Launch aren't putting pressure on Anex and Captain. But Vere could have easily been killed to give us the impression that Pancakes or VA aren't the scum because they would never make a kill that would put more pressure on them.

So you see why I have an issue when you are arguing intent of kills.
On top of what I posted above, also take what you posted about Vere and add in that this scum player has the confidence they can convince you and Launch to turn on the 4th player. Could Pancakes, Anex, or Captain get both of you in their corner? I flip today, Anex dies tonight. It's down to you, Captain, Launch, Pancakes. Pancakes is done for. I'm just playing out the many scenarios, and while yes, there's a bunch of bullshit involved, the alternative is to let my brain sit idle. At least this way I can build these scenarios out for when I re-read, and if someone's posts and overall play fits snugly into one---it'll be harder for me to miss those puzzle pieces.

Neki

Oct 25, 2017
You tell us that Stan/Vere were scum after they flip. If you had argued the intent or re-iterated it yesterday when we were arguing who to vote, I'd be more inclined it was in good faith. But yesterday everyone was just talking about me and Pancake's back and forth. At EoD, we have this as votes:

==== DAY 4 VOTES ====
Day Start

Conditional-Pancakes (3 votes)
LaunchpadMcQ - #1,657
anexanhume - #1,658
CaptainNuevo - #1,730

Vincent Alexander (2 votes)
Stantastic - #1,661
Verelios - #1,702

CaptainNuevo (1 votes)
anexanhume - #1,580 #1,658
Conditional-Pancakes - #1,711

Stantastic (0 votes)
CaptainNuevo - #1,594 #1,730

Not voting: Neki, Vincent Alexander

Post Counts:
LaunchpadMcQ: 69 anexanhume: 47 Vincent Alexander: 45 Neki: 41 Conditional-Pancakes: 38 Verelios: 29 Stantastic: 26 CaptainNuevo: 8

Current Countdown:
3cotmdnn2t

Click here to go to the Vote Tool!

I have my last meeting here shortly, then I'll be free and able to focus for the last 30-45 minutes of the day. For now, I'm going to drop a vote, but this could go either Stan or Vere at this point. I'm not seeing where Vere townreads are coming from. I'm just hoping I have enough time to find anything solid enough for people to convince them. It'll be cutting it close. For now:

Did you hear about the guy whose left side was cut off?

He died. It was pretty horrific.

VOTE: Verelios

Hrm indeed! Except when you brought it up, there was nothing to be nervous about. We weren't floundering. Here we are 90 minutes from day end and onto some bad targets. Nervous? Yep, yep.

Fair, you put out your intent on Vere relatively early here.

LOL fuck sake

UNVOTE

Launch doesn't like the pressure so he moves to unvote.

I'm still lost too. My current scum hunches are CaptainNuevo and Anex.

I would have loved to hear more from Stan today.

I don't like Neki's reads at all, but I'm still convinced Monkey was town. So that's a pass for now.

It would be so great if we could cooperate! But apparently, that's a scum move.

Pancake's current reads
'Bad targets'. Sure. The difference between us is that you were trying to doom and gloom the thread while I wanted to move discussion forward. You could have done the latter, but you chose not to.

Vere's response to the VA vote.
VA and Pancakes don't feel right here. They're playing this like town

Launch's current thoughts near EoD after unvoting

Yeah, this doesn't feel right. I also don't like how Stan has gone silent since the PoE has excluded them after he bemoaned his entrance due to the Ambu suspicion. I think it's time to fuel up that wagon.

Vote: Stantastic

How come the dinosaur with a sensitive nose was single?

Because of the ex-stink.

Anex moves to Stan
I can't Stan this indecision

VOTE: Stantastic

Launch moves to Stan

Once again, do you really think Stan subs in with zero energy or hype after seeing what Ambulance has done and goes down this path as scum? I don't see it l.

Defending Ambulance's play here.

I don't like ties. VA has been on my bad list before

VOTE: Vincent Alexander

Captain decides to move to a more decisive vote.

Looking at all the votes, Stan it is...

I have way less reason to think Stan is town than VA.

Where was the dripping coming from in the fridge? The leeks.

Pancakes moves to a Stan vote.

Welpers, we're down to 5 minutes:

What did the grape say when it got crushed? Nothing, it just let out a little wine.

All I have against Stan is Ambulance recognizing Zipped as doctor and them being on my PoE.

VA moves to a Stan vote.

I don't see it. Why do scum!Anex or scum!Nuevo care who gets voted at this point? It was either Pancakes or VA. Anex goes out of his way to put pressure on himself by going for the non standard vote. Captain moves from his very safe Pancakes vote to a VA vote since he wants a more decisive vote. What is the incentive for the scum of either them to move at this point? Staying on Pancakes would have reflected poorly on me and not anyone else if she flips town but then why do either bother moving, they have zero pressure from me or Launch at this point.

Oct 26, 2017
I don't see it. Why do scum!Anex or scum!Nuevo care who gets voted at this point? It was either Pancakes or VA. Anex goes out of his way to put pressure on himself by going for the non standard vote. Captain moves from his very safe Pancakes vote to a VA vote since he wants a more decisive vote. What is the incentive for the scum of either them to move at this point? Staying on Pancakes would have reflected poorly on me and not anyone else if she flips town but then why do either bother moving, they have zero pressure from me or Launch at this point.
With how the end of yesterday played, either of them as scum had the exact same reason to move their votes---avoid a tie. I called out Anex for putting us in a tie scenario, in which case they would've been absolutely scummy to leave it in said scenario.

Oct 26, 2017
I cut off last part of that reply.

Anex almost set themselves up to be scummy so they could then avoid being scummy by saving us from a tie they put in place. A "whoops" and let me fix. Again---all conjecture, but if you're asking me why---I can go with all sorts of BS.

Oct 26, 2017
It's late. I'm tired. Words are mushing together and I can't make sense. Other people say words. Or hammer me and give me respite. Just kidding. But seriously.

Oct 26, 2017
Night. I'll be back tomorrow afternoon. I'll either have a fat stack of evidence about who our puppet master is, or I'll uh.....I dunno. But I need to go before someone posts a novel on me and I simply reply, "Hey....it wasn't me."

Neki

Oct 25, 2017
With how the end of yesterday played, either of them as scum had the exact same reason to move their votes---avoid a tie. I called out Anex for putting us in a tie scenario, in which case they would've been absolutely scummy to leave it in said scenario.

If either Anex or Captain moved first, I'd agree that they wanted to less scummy by moving. But you don't get scum read for someone else moving and making you the tying vote, you get scum read for moving a vote to specifically tie things up. Anex was only the tying vote because Launch moved to unvote first. Anex moves to a Stan vote because he thinks you're both town and then Launch moves to Stan for the same reason.

VA (2 votes)
- Stan
- Vere

Stan (2 votes)
- Anex
- Launch

Pancakes (1 vote)
- Captain

CaptainNuevo (1 vote)
- Pancakes

Vere (one vote)
- VA

Not voting: Neki

Captain moves before Pancakes

VA (3 votes)
- Stan
- Vere
- CaptainNuevo

Stan (2 votes)
- Anex
- Launch

CaptainNuevo (1 vote)
- Pancakes

Vere (one vote)
- VA

Pancakes moves to Stan at basically the same time as Captain

VA (3 votes)
- Stan
- Vere
- CaptainNuevo

Stan (3 votes)
- Anex
- Launch
- Pancakes

Vere (one vote)
- VA

VA moves to Stan

Stan (4 votes)
- Anex
- Launch
- Pancakes
- VA

VA (3 votes)
- Stan
- Vere
- CaptainNuevo

So yeah I'm not gonna scum read either of them for their votes. Your vote was for self-preservation, I get that but you had an easy choice of picking Pancakes but you went with a hardball on Vere which almost killed you off. If I'm town, I play for self-preservation unless it's between me and a confirmed PR. You don't even know if Pancakes is town but you refused to vote for her despite that. You 100% know your own alignment but you don't know 100% alignment of Pancakes yet you were willing to die for it. That's why I don't trust either you or Pancakes. The only person you should be trusting at a EoD vote is yourself but you two seemed to be willing to die to not vote for each other.

Oct 26, 2017
So yeah I'm not gonna scum read either of them for their votes. Your vote was for self-preservation, I get that but you had an easy choice of picking Pancakes but you went with a hardball on Vere which almost killed you off. If I'm town, I play for self-preservation unless it's between me and a confirmed PR. You don't even know if Pancakes is town but you refused to vote for her despite that. You 100% know your own alignment but you don't know 100% alignment of Pancakes yet you were willing to die for it. That's why I don't trust either you or Pancakes. The only person you should be trusting at a EoD vote is yourself but you two seemed to be willing to die to not vote for each other.
You're framing is kind of wonky. I didn't need to vote for Pancakes for self-preservation yesterday. I never refused to vote for Pancakes, but I also didn't need to.

Conditional-Pancakes

The GIFs of Us
Jun 25, 2020
the wilderness

I have a lot of problems with that. What you're basically saying is, "I don't like the way you play so I'll vote you out!" Anybody that don't follow that nice theory should necessarily be voted out, is that right?

VA and me said why we played that way. You don't like it, and it's totally your right, but not following a theory textbook doesn't necessarily make us scum.

Neki

Oct 25, 2017
I mean what else do I go on by this point? You didn't like how Stan played and you voted him out for that. No one has built a real case against either anex/captain at this point so who am I left to vote for here?

CaptainNuevo

Mascot Maniac
Oct 25, 2017
I get what you're saying, but at the end of the day, this game is all theory and bullshite anyway. I suppose I can theorize on intent because I can see the effect of Vere's death and who it negatively impacts the most----VA. I've had Vere on my PoE. I've called godfather out multiple times, and implied over-and-over it could be Vere. I defended Pancakes over Vere's prodding play against her EoD yesterday. Since I'm town, I can see, at minimum, intent was to keep focus where it was. And I can also wager that scum would be damn gutsy to leave you and Launch alive without really really good reason. The only reason strong enough, to me, is that you two are not looking at our last scum.

Anex and Captain. And it still very well could be Pancakes. But that's a bold move by Pancakes, and I don't know them well enough to know if they enjoy bold moves. From my perspective, I've defended Pancakes and laid out why they aren't scum a few times. If people think I'm scum, light me up. Start the hits. I'm not here EoD so let's get it out of the way today (tomorrow in real terms since I'm in bed now) because I've not seen any real cases, and I don't want scum to have an easy go at me the last hour while I'm not here to defend myself. If it's simple PoE---okay. I get it. That sucks for me, but I understand and all I can do at that point is give you a better target. But if it isn't PoE, and you truly think I've done something scummy, come at me. I can take it.

I'm not saying I'm not going to try to make a case on Anex, Captain, or Pancakes. But I really hope I'm not the only one considering them, because if so, that's deflating. I definitely don't have the energy to take on that role. But it'll be tomorrow until I can really start putting things together. And what I'm afraid of is that I'm going to wind up with nothing, in which case it is simply down to PoE for those 2. And if it's your PoE against mine....I'm boned. BUT I'm also still confident there is 1 scum, we have 2 days left, and if I do die today, you all have one day left to still get it right. So I have to at least embrace that and try to be positive so I don't spiral into, "fuck it. Let's get me done with" so I can watch from spec.

I think of the 2 here I feel worse in Pancakes than Anex. If you go to the PR claim Anex has, pancakes confirmed she was visited last night, which anex claims to have done. That's something that could be NAI. Town would say so because confirming that is good. A solo scum might as well, because the obvious response to that would be vote out Anex, then it becomes an obvious lie after the flip. Scum would have no choice but to tell the truth there.

That said, it doesn't technically confirm that Anex's role is town, or even exists (if both were scrum hypothetically), but I think that's much less likely than Anex being town.

Conditional-Pancakes

The GIFs of Us
Jun 25, 2020
the wilderness
You didn't like how Stan played and you voted him out for that.

That's not what happened.

I really don't think VA is scum. So right now that leave me with a vote between Stan and Vere.

And with where it was going, it ended up being Stan.

Looking at all the votes, Stan it is...

I have way less reason to think Stan is town than VA.

Where was the dripping coming from in the fridge? The leeks.

Neki

Oct 25, 2017
So please Pancakes, you refute everything I saw yet you haven't given me anyone else to vote at this point. You liked VAs play more, he came off as more town so you voted Stan. Stan was town, Vere was town. Who is the scum left at this point?

OP
OP
MrHedin

MrHedin

Dec 7, 2018
==== DAY 5 VOTES ====
Day Start

No votes have been cast!

Not voting: LaunchpadMcQ, Conditional-Pancakes, Neki, Vincent Alexander, CaptainNuevo, anexanhume

Post Counts:
Vincent Alexander: 29 Neki: 16 Conditional-Pancakes: 16 anexanhume: 14 LaunchpadMcQ: 13 CaptainNuevo: 7

Current Countdown:
1o3ur6um9j

Click here to go to the Vote Tool!

LaunchpadMcQ

Oct 25, 2017
That's a bit overly defensive of you, isn't it? I read VA's statement as a simple call to broaden our horizon. Which isn't a bad thing considering our situation.
No, I'm just asking you to justify your stance. If you're town and scum is out there watching this all play out, then I am clearly not seeing it so explain it to me.

This is for both Pancakes and VA. Let me explain how we've gotten here again, because that gives us you the facts you have to believably refute in order for me to believe you.

• Launchpad - cop who voted out scum D1; red checked scum D2. Would be extremely bold gambit to pull off.
  • Neki - Monkey displayed legitimate frustration about being an obstacle to town and replaced out. Neki has been playing extremely well since subbing in, too.
  • Captain - implied receiving the wrong flavor attached to his vanilla role PM. I don't think scum receive flavor with their fake claims in a vanilla game. Would be extremely bold and convoluted gambit to pull off regardless.
  • anex - has claimed fruit vendor and has at least one living player confirming it; fruit vendor is typically not a scum role, especially in a game with town-side vig, cop, and doctor. Even if anex is lying, the lie only works with Pancakes as an accomplice because fruit vendor is not a scum role, so we're back to flipping Pancakes before anex regardless.
This is why it can't be any of us four today. As such, it must be one of you two. So, please, either explain to me how any of this is incorrect or explain to me why the other one of you is scum. The fact that both of you have resisted looking at each other is an extremely suspicious fact all on its own.

VA and Pancakes don't feel right here. They're playing this like town
And in the moment when I said this, I was thinking that it might've been a TvT situation. But you guys are so married up to your town read in each other that it's likelier to be a SvS. If one of you really is town, then it's going to sting because one of you is definitely scum and you've gone hard on defending scum.

Conditional-Pancakes

The GIFs of Us
Jun 25, 2020
the wilderness
I reread everybody alive, and every single person looks town. I really, really don't know.

Considering that and since it will clearly be between VA and me today, that's what needs to be done:

VOTE: Vincent Alexander

What Stanley Kubrick film is about the most exhausted person in the world? Eyes Wide Shut.

LaunchpadMcQ

Oct 25, 2017
Because I am not sure if we're in ELo, and if we have this totally wrong, scum can come in and hammer with one more town vote there.

I'm legitimately keeping open to someone coming in with a better case for anyone else. We've got time, there's no need to take this out of our hands right now.

I'm Clark Griswold, the vanilla town.
That's a movie dad 🧐

anexanhume

Oct 25, 2017
Maryland
Don't worry, I'm not hanging my hat on that 👀
How much of a precedent is there for being able to solve on flavor?

I would say there's still few enough reveals for it not to be statistically implausible the TV/movie alignment thus far is entirely coincidental.

For example, if there is a godfather, there are plenty of TV and movie examples to pull from there.

anexanhume

Oct 25, 2017
Maryland
Just did a re-read of Captain, and I can't find anything that looks particularly suspicious to me. He was one of the original proposers of a thematic consistency of roles, but then openly acknowledged when it fell through. Scum would know what common theme they may or may not have, so to outright give up on a way to link town roles seems like giving up too easily.

Captain was also the only one I could find that acknowledged he noticed Nat mentioning the message. He would absolutely know if he was scum, but I don't think it's necessarily a slip to say that you noticed it without realizing there's a chance town may have not.

So, I guess it really does seem like Pancakes or VA.

Conditional-Pancakes

The GIFs of Us
Jun 25, 2020
the wilderness
Just did a re-read of Captain, and I can't find anything that looks particularly suspicious to me. He was one of the original proposers of a thematic consistency of roles, but then openly acknowledged when it fell through. Scum would know what common theme they may or may not have, so to outright give up on a way to link town roles seems like giving up too easily.

Captain was also the only one I could find that acknowledged he noticed Nat mentioning the message. He would absolutely know if he was scum, but I don't think it's necessarily a slip to say that you noticed it without realizing there's a chance town may have not.

So, I guess it really does seem like Pancakes or VA.

Let's forget about the fact that we all think Monkey was town for a minute. What do you think about Neki?

Here's what I personally think:

Neki is right by saying I refuted nearly everything they said about me. It's because it's always demonstrably false. There's always a few posts of mine deliberately omitted in their reading posts, which helps paint a certain picture of their choosing. Or there's are throwaway claims about my intentions that are always easily disprovable by obvious posts of mine.

And it didn't just happen one time, it happened multiple times.

I'm beginning to think that the whole Monkey thing might be blinding us.

anexanhume

Oct 25, 2017
Maryland
Let's forget about the fact that we all think Monkey was town for a minute. What do you think about Neki?

Neki is right by saying I refuted nearly everything they said about me. It's because it's always demonstrably false. There's always a few posts of mine deliberately omitted in their reading posts, which helps paint a certain picture of their choosing. Or there's are throwaway claims about my intentions that are always easily disprovable by obvious posts of mine.

I see Neki as being Neki. The takes are largely emotionless, which I like because it gives an alternate perspective to other players.

As I said before, if Monkey made all that stink only to turn out to be scum, that would be demoralizing to me. Obviously I don't know her as a person, but I think too highly of her to do something like that.

Which leaves you and VA. You have to acknowledge that if you know you are town, then voting VA despite your convictions is the only logical conclusion. The only other player that Neki and Launch might go for at this point is Captain, so I think you're stuck making a case between those two.

The Neki blinders are almost on the level of the Launch blinders. With what we know now, I just can't see any of the remaining voters going for either of them, even if it's 3 left and a misvote means loss. I don't like admitting that, but I think it's where we're at. It's part of the reason I felt it critical to establish my role last night. I knew the realistic vote list was rather short, and I wanted to make it shorter.

Conditional-Pancakes

The GIFs of Us
Jun 25, 2020
the wilderness
Which leaves you and VA. You have to acknowledge that if you know you are town, then voting VA despite your convictions is the only logical conclusion. The only other player that Neki and Launch might go for at this point is Captain, so I think you're stuck making a case between those two.

I will (re)vote for VA as needed, but I don't have a case for him. Sorry.

CaptainNuevo

Mascot Maniac
Oct 25, 2017
If we're doing claims I'd like you to...

Meet George Jetson (the Vanilla Townie)

His boy elroy,
daughter Judy
Jane, his wife.

How much of a precedent is there for being able to solve on flavor?

I would say there's still few enough reveals for it not to be statistically implausible the TV/movie alignment thus far is entirely coincidental.

For example, if there is a godfather, there are plenty of TV and movie examples to pull from there.

To be honest it's almost entirely likely it's coincidental. I made this mistake already with the Hannah-Barbera theory, I'm not going to vote entirely on those lines any more.

Conditional-Pancakes

The GIFs of Us
Jun 25, 2020
the wilderness
Well, not expecting you to make cases at this point. Just acknowledge the point (made by Neki or Launch, can't remember) that the most town thing is to not let yourself die if you're not 100% certain about the others.

Because the situation is different today than it was yesterday, yes I will vote for VA if I need too.

Put me back in yesterday's situation and I would still do the same (i.e., not vote for VA)

LaunchpadMcQ

Oct 25, 2017

Do you think Neki is scum, then?

As I said before, if Monkey made all that stink only to turn out to be scum, that would be demoralizing to me. Obviously I don't know her as a person, but I think too highly of her to do something like that.
I would be really upset about this. I don't think that's Monkey's character at all, but I don't think that anyone here would do that. I think Monkey's frustration was legitimate, and I owe her an apology when we're done here for exacerbating that.

anexanhume

Oct 25, 2017
Maryland
Another point I'll make for the Launch is scum theory is fear-mongering about the possibility of two more scum. If that's that case, we can't afford to take the chance to vote out Launch. Launch has increasingly focused on that possibility as time has gone on, at least from my impression.

The problem remains that claiming cop when he did and not getting countered is some combination of extremely lucky and bold. To willingly sacrifice scum on D2 after having just lost LP N1 elevates it to batshit territory, IMO.

I'm still not able to rationalize the Verelios NK either. Doing so further legitimizes Launch's claim, which would certainly make sense if Launch is the scum. I can't think of another angle to rationalize it otherwise. And I wouldn't say his claim was in extreme jeopardy at that point to necessitate it.

But when I go through everyone else on the list, I can't think of another NK that would benefit Launch more, especially since Neki seems invested in Launch not being scum too.

anexanhume

Oct 25, 2017
Maryland
I would be really upset about this. I don't think that's Monkey's character at all, but I don't think that anyone here would do that. I think Monkey's frustration was legitimate, and I owe her an apology when we're done here for exacerbating that.
Me as well. I feel complicit in chasing her out and am very sorry for that. I want this game to be fun for everyone, and I don't think game strategy should have to come at the cost of that.

It's given me something to think about in how I interact with others in the game. I also feel like I found a strategy for people to not constantly SR me, LOL.

LaunchpadMcQ

Oct 25, 2017
Another point I'll make for the Launch is scum theory is fear-mongering about the possibility of two more scum. If that's that case, we can't afford to take the chance to vote out Launch. Launch has increasingly focused on that possibility as time has gone on, at least from my impression.

The problem remains that claiming cop when he did and not getting countered is some combination of extremely lucky and bold. To willingly sacrifice scum on D2 after having just lost LP N1 elevates it to batshit territory, IMO.

I'm still not able to rationalize the Verelios NK either. Doing so further legitimizes Launch's claim, which would certainly make sense if Launch is the scum. I can't think of another angle to rationalize it otherwise. And I wouldn't say his claim was in extreme jeopardy at that point to necessitate it.

But when I go through everyone else on the list, I can't think of another NK that would benefit Launch more, especially since Neki seems invested in Launch not being scum too.
I have to figure with the amount of attention I gave the Zipped kill yesterday, thinking along these lines is exactly what scum intended town to be doing today. Surprised no one has brought up Monkey's "don't let Launchpad get to endgame without a mechanical clear!" plea, either. to which I would respond, that was a scum vote and red check ago

The only thing keeping me from fully going there is Monkey.
Can you justify a scum read on Monkey at all?