Oct 25, 2017
Oh.

I need to do more in chapter 3 to get to them.

WHUT.

Whelp.
tenor.gif

But seriously, I'm very happy we're all having a good time, and thar Aphmau was a great ivestment for her powerful niche.

I'm certain we've all learned an important lesson... that I have the best videogame advice, and I am essentially a sage of great renown : P

Seriously though, best of luck with it, I know if you try your best and make use of EVERY avalible advantage (friend unit that has BT, making good use of all your skills, time your moves and short buffs so you get the most out of them, hold down on a skill to see where that character's turn will end up after using it), you'll nail it for sure!

Just in case though, probably a good idea to make sure the three characters you'll use have all or most of their summon boards, just in case : P

I have faith in your faith in me!!

Oct 25, 2017
I am, he's cool, I just need to buckle down and get a ton of content done, I don't have the resources for him just yet, unless I wanted to gem pull, which isn't happening since I'm pulling his old man : 0

I like his moxie, any character who fist-pumps in his victory animation is OK in my book : P

Moxie XD lol

You caught up on chapter 3 yet?

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
Moxie XD lol

You caught up on chapter 3 yet?
Nah, but I'm gonna make a big push to finish all the missions I got outstanding today and tomorrow and get the new chapter done, so I can gush about how good the story is getting, hopefully : P

I've been a little demotivated to actually playing lately so I'm gonna get my Mojo back and do some summon boards with Onion after getting his LD

Oct 25, 2017
Is there a reason to level Diablos to 40 at this point? lol I'm farming his board for tickets and shit but...
Me but I think you knew that

Tickets or gems!

Mink I feel like you pull on everything lol

Nah, but I'm gonna make a big push to finish all the missions I got outstanding today and tomorrow and get the new chapter done, so I can gush about how good the story is getting, hopefully : P

I've been a little demotivated to actually playing lately so I'm gonna get my Mojo back and do some summon boards with Onion after getting his LD

I was gonna say, I'm new to this thread but you have been a bit quiet!

Its me isn't it. That's alright, I can handle it. Ask Kouriozan I'm a monster.

Septimus Prime

EA
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Is there a reason to level Diablos to 40 at this point? lol I'm farming his board for tickets and shit but...
He gets a lot stronger, dispels, and does HP damage. It's worth it.

Tickets or gems!

Mink I feel like you pull on everything lol
I'm pretty sure he does. That's what I keep trying to tell you is the way to go!

Also, I often use both gems and tickets. I don't really follow what most people say.

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
I was gonna say, I'm new to this thread but you have been a bit quiet!

Its me isn't it. That's alright, I can handle it. Ask @Kouriozan I'm a monster.
Abso-LUETLY Not! You've been awesome, and being able to engage about the game with someone who wants the help has been awesome! When you've played the same consistently for like years, you tend to have dryspells in activity, even if you wanna still talk about it a bunch.

It's healthy to take videogames, not just specific ones but games in general, in moderation with other things in life. Too much of a good thing can dull your enjoyment and blind you to other responsibilities, and lately I've been kept SUPER busy with a cooking course I'm doing at home.

All this to say, I'm happy to talk about the game and give advice anytime, and I'm happy to get back into the game a little more!

Plus, I've been lagging on getting any serious grinding done for a long while, so when the time is right I'll definitely be able to get the characters I really want with some elbow grease and a little luck, so no worries there.... hopefully!

Oct 25, 2017
Abso-LUETLY Not! You've been awesome, and being able to engage about the game with someone who wants the help has been awesome! When you've played the same consistently for like years, you tend to have dryspells in activity, even if you wanna still talk about it a bunch.

It's healthy to take videogames, not just specific ones but games in general, in moderation with other things in life. Too much of a good thing can dull your enjoyment and blind you to other responsibilities, and lately I've been kept SUPER busy with a cooking course I'm doing at home.

All this to say, I'm happy to talk about the game and give advice anytime, and I'm happy to get back into the game a little more!

Plus, I've been lagging on getting any serious grinding done for a long while, so when the time is right I'll definitely be able to get the characters I really want with some elbow grease and a little luck, so no worries there.... hopefully!

Well I'm glad to have the help as Im sure everyone here is lol The positivity means a whole hell of a lot!

He gets a lot stronger, dispels, and does HP damage. It's worth it.

I'm pretty sure he does. That's what I keep trying to tell you is the way to go!

Also, I often use both gems and tickets. I don't really follow what most people say.

People are downright biblical about it too lol OMFG YOU MIXED TICKETS AND GEMS WHAT NOOB OMG

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
People are downright biblical about it too lol OMFG YOU MIXED TICKETS AND GEMS WHAT NOOB OMG
It's definitely something exaggerated, generally with good intentions most of the time.

After all, every 75,000 gems you save up is a Guaranteed character, so making sure not to use them until you can spend them on who you want is a good strategy.

But at the same time, the eleventh, bonus pull on that gem multipull has 10x odds on it, so you can and likely will get lucky before pity in most cases, and save a few gems along the way, along with all your tickets.

In the end, if you really wanna mix them, it's fine. It's more about longterm investment and exausting ticket resources to get what you want, but realistically you only ever need to plan like a month or two in advance considering how much content with tons of rewards comes out in that time.

However, people gotta cool their jets a tad when talking about it. I know here we try to be nice and chill, but sometimes people get too excited and wanna stop a "mistake" from happening before it can start, and get a little overly aggressive about their advice.

Sorry if you got that from anyone, here or otherwise. In general the community around the game is pretty nice, and Rediculously in-depth, but some behavours slip through the cracks, and it's important to own up to your community's failings to be a better member of it.

So long story short, as long as you can pity that emperor BT you want so bad, Save up that 75,000, and if you don't get it by the time you make it to pity, sit on that for a little bit and see if you'll get it ticketing Celes, or maybe Aranea if you can wait that long, which you really don't gotta : P

Celes, by the way, is one of the best tanks in the game coming up, and has be regarded as consistently amazing as a character for a long while in JP, so I'd say she makes a good addition to your team if you can get her!

TheMink

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Connecticut
I skipped Ulti and Krile most recently. I was potentially going to skip more for that month but I got pretty reasonably lucky so I was able to keep pulling.

Oct 25, 2017
I skipped Ulti and Krile most recently. I was potentially going to skip more for that month but I got pretty reasonably lucky so I was able to keep pulling.
364ef19995eb3ffb042fd56e2039be16.jpg

It's definitely something exaggerated, generally with good intentions most of the time.

After all, every 75,000 gems you save up is a Guaranteed character, so making sure not to use them until you can spend them on who you want is a good strategy.

But at the same time, the eleventh, bonus pull on that gem multipull has 10x odds on it, so you can and likely will get lucky before pity in most cases, and save a few gems along the way, along with all your tickets.

In the end, if you really wanna mix them, it's fine. It's more about longterm investment and exausting ticket resources to get what you want, but realistically you only ever need to plan like a month or two in advance considering how much content with tons of rewards comes out in that time.

However, people gotta cool their jets a tad when talking about it. I know here we try to be nice and chill, but sometimes people get too excited and wanna stop a "mistake" from happening before it can start, and get a little overly aggressive about their advice.

Sorry if you got that from anyone, here or otherwise. In general the community around the game is pretty nice, and Rediculously in-depth, but some behavours slip through the cracks, and it's important to own up to your community's failings to be a better member of it.

So long story short, as long as you can pity that emperor BT you want so bad, Save up that 75,000, and if you don't get it by the time you make it to pity, sit on that for a little bit and see if you'll get it ticketing Celes, or maybe Aranea if you can wait that long, which you really don't gotta : P

Celes, by the way, is one of the best tanks in the game coming up, and has be regarded as consistently amazing as a character for a long while in JP, so I'd say she makes a good addition to your team if you can get her!

Yeah the reddit for this game tend to be pretty sporadic in that sense lol Thats also the reason dffoo Era is so chill, advice is consistent and clear and everyone pokes fun at each other anyway. Without the patience and help of everyone here I have feeling I would have gotten a bit overwhelmed!

My hope definitely is to be able to nab his kit off of his banner and chase the BT on Celes' as you're right she does look like an incredible magic tank, great character too! I know Aerith's LD is around that time too and of course the updated start dash banners...

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Celes and Aerith are indeed both incredibly good, so good luck on your future Emperor pulls!
This is why I'm considering skipping Keiss for now and getting him on Layle's BT banner, a lot of very good characters coming up soon.

Oct 25, 2017
Celes and Aerith are indeed both incredibly good, so good luck on your future Emperor pulls!
This is why I'm considering skipping Keiss for now and getting him on Layle's BT banner, a lot of very good characters coming up soon.

I can't afford, roster wise, to skip Keiss lol After not chasing Gau or Dancing Queen I need to make certain I'm properly rounding out my team. So ideally:

Ceo
Paladin everything but BT
Keiss with Paladin BT chase

depending on resources or needs, might skip Galby and the start up...Emperor will be pitied lol Hopefully no BT early on!

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah when you start out you need a lot of characters.
Also I just remembered about DST ending soon, I think it's in 3 weeks for France and I'm not ready for 4AM events lol

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
Ah I see...morning Owl lol

What the hell is INT Brave anyway lol
It's the initial brave total your character starts with, and recovers to when they recover from break.

It's used in a lot of brave regen effects as a low-grade battery, but certain unit combos can really jack it up and make good use of it.

For example, a thing Arciela does that a lot of people forget is make the recovery period for party members that are broken or use an hp attack 1 turn instead of the normal 5. What that means is, the next time that character gets a turn, they not only get their inital brave value, but the brave regen from Arciela as well, making a much heftier battery then regen alone.

Depending on the character, it also helps survivability too, or makes it easier for the rare "double current brave" effect characters like WoL have to be effective.

All in all, it's a stat with very situational usefulness. Most characters don't care besides an ally giving them regen based on iBrv, and some characters have most of their entire kit reliant on it, including a lot of tanks like Zack and WoL, who use it in their special tanking buffs.

I wouldn't worry too much unless you have a chance to stack bonuses and regen between two different buffers that work well together. The battery that Krile provides with Ray of Hope is iBrv based, so that's some extra synergy : P

And for me, I'm much more of a night owl mostly because I just don't get up good, haha. I probably should look into getting a physical with a check for sleep apnea, I'm basically hung-over every morning, despite abstaining from alcohol. I'm already a party, I don't need social supplements : P

I'm also EST, so depending on how that checks out I can usually miss some international friends' timezones by half the day. I'm always good to talk and return messages when I can, so that's at least great.

Oct 25, 2017
It's the initial brave total your character starts with, and recovers to when they recover from break.

It's used in a lot of brave regen effects as a low-grade battery, but certain unit combos can really jack it up and make good use of it.

For example, a thing Arciela does that a lot of people forget is make the recovery period for party members that are broken or use an hp attack 1 turn instead of the normal 5. What that means is, the next time that character gets a turn, they not only get their inital brave value, but the brave regen from Arciela as well, making a much heftier battery then regen alone.

Depending on the character, it also helps survivability too, or makes it easier for the rare "double current brave" effect characters like WoL have to be effective.

All in all, it's a stat with very situational usefulness. Most characters don't care besides an ally giving them regen based on iBrv, and some characters have most of their entire kit reliant on it, including a lot of tanks like Zack and WoL, who use it in their special tanking buffs.

I wouldn't worry too much unless you have a chance to stack bonuses and regen between two different buffers that work well together. The battery that Krile provides with Ray of Hope is iBrv based, so that's some extra synergy : P

And for me, I'm much more of a night owl mostly because I just don't get up good, haha. I probably should look into getting a physical with a check for sleep apnea, I'm basically hung-over every morning, despite abstaining from alcohol. I'm already a party, I don't need social supplements : P

I'm also EST, so depending on how that checks out I can usually miss some international friends' timezones by half the day. I'm always good to talk and return messages when I can, so that's at least great.

Okay I was way friggin off base. I thought it was intelligence brave or something, some other attack stat lol

Lufenias are a bit out of my range at the moment I've come to realize. Don't think I have quite enough variance in my roster as well as a lack of damage dealers. Having said that, the next few weeks should completely remedy that for the most part though I will still need to take my time.

Yeah Im NYC so working around the usual PST resets in gachas as well as mismatching timezones in EU is familiar to me lol

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Jesus, latest Lufenia+ in Japan you need to recover 2 ability uses or more for the orb condition, which severely limit who you can bring.
Really curious to see clears for this one without Shelke.

Edit : found one, 2 BT+ aura though. Agrias seems like she'll get a lot of uses.
Also need to be confused or it'll evade all attacks at certain threshold.

Linked to when the fun begins, in short, Cid Raines is still OP as fuck even as a call.

Last edited:

Jux

Oct 27, 2017
Paris
Jesus, latest Lufenia+ in Japan you need to recover 2 ability uses or more for the orb condition

That does not sounds like a fun mechanic :/

Unrelated: Finally got around to do the Medusas. Used Arciela/Ulti BT/OK. Was pretty straightforward but Arciela is kinda OP for this fight indeed...
I really don't like the brave reduction mechanics though. I understand that it's a necessary evil to make future content more scalable but it really make you feel weak hitting for 3k.
Also, maybe I did not understand something but usually bosses get stronger the less HP they have, here it seemed to me that I was dealing way more brave damage toward the end of the fight. Is there some mechanic I'm missing? (might be just me using Jack LD Call or just seeing things though :D ).

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
Jesus, latest Lufenia+ in Japan is (again) f*cked up, they really want you to get the featured characters or you're going to have a bad time. Sounds like the biggest difficulty jump since early Chaos, and it seems even worse than that.
Basically you need to recover 2 ability uses or more for the orb condition, which severely limit who you can bring.
Really curious to see clears for this one without Shelke.

Edit : found one, 2 BT+ aura though.
Also need to be confused or it'll evade all attacks at certain threshold.

Linked to when the fun begins, in short, Cid Raines is still OP as fuck even as a call.

Ehhh, to be FAIR, they did bring several characters by then up to par that do that, Quistis, Vayne, Shelke is now one, Y'shtola, Arciela...

I'll be real though, requiring it to be TWO uses restored is plenty rediculous, that could easily be ONE use and have a lot more flexability. Especially considering how freaking much more damage they expect you to put out, what the hell.

You need to satisfy a usually very difficult orb requirement, consistently, and overall do 24 MILLION damage, with adds showing up??? What the fuck are they smoking with this???

I assumed they had to finish content to readjust the balance they've been pushing so far, since Covid has them on a more streamlined pipeline for content and they gotta finish what they got before they can tone it down a tad, but if this is just the game now I don't even know if it's worth even spending any more gems or tickets anymore when all your units are gonna be outclassed by rediculous take-backsies and damage output anyway.

I am very much against this ramp-up in difficulty, this is way too much.

NemesisTheory

One Winged Slayer
Jun 15, 2019
Netherlands
New milestone; 200.000 gems. Hopefully I won't end up pitying either Cecil or Lightning or it'll be short lived. I'm two tokens short for a free burst so if I'm halfway fortunate I might walk away with Cecil, Lightning and hopefully Squall BT's by the end of the month.

Also, the more Lufenia+ I see the more demotivated I get. It's never really been "you must have the banner character or else" but it seems that this game is slowly going in that direction. Do you get meaningful rewards from Lufenia+ or is it 'skippable' like current lufenia is? I'm not too bothered by missing out on HA tokens (Guy, recently) because it doesn't seem like High Armor is that big of a deal. Not like missing out on ingots back when Chaos showed up. I remember gem reviving for that early on.

Naar

Oct 29, 2017
I think some of you are overblowing the lufenia+ thing.

I took a look myself at the lufenia+ and saw many different clear parties. It's not that restrictive. Also you need to consider how FAR JP is compared to us. Don't view it from a GL view point.

As long as a fight has 5-6 different units to choose from to bring to the fight, I think it's ok.

That does not sounds like a fun mechanic :/

Unrelated: Finally got around to do the Medusas. Used Arciela/Ulti BT/OK. Was pretty straightforward but Arciela is kinda OP for this fight indeed...
I really don't like the brave reduction mechanics though. I understand that it's a necessary evil to make future content more scalable but it really make you feel weak hitting for 3k.
Also, maybe I did not understand something but usually bosses get stronger the less HP they have, here it seemed to me that I was dealing way more brave damage toward the end of the fight. Is there some mechanic I'm missing? (might be just me using Jack LD Call or just seeing things though :D ).

That's because they get weak to melee/ranged after they do an HP attack

TheMink

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Connecticut

I took a look myself at the lufenia+ and saw many different clear parties. It's not that restrictive. Also you need to consider how FAR JP is compared to us. Don't view it from a GL view point.

As long as a fight has 5-6 different units to choose from to bring to the fight, I think it's ok.

People said it about Lefunia too.

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017

We do lack some insight but that Cid Raines Lufenia+ was enough to instil fear in people's mind, haha.

Anyway it's nearly time to think about Transcendence and my fail to get Hope or Arciela is starting to worry for the healing/support roles. I didn't know you had a crystal color requirement for the gates.
Some helpful advices here : https://www.tonberrytroupe.com/guides/transcendence/tier-1

Last edited:

Septimus Prime

EA
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Honestly, I would prioritize Arciela over Ceodore. She will have better coverage in terms of roles you're missing, as she covers healing, dispel, and "tank" (she can serve as one with her HP and BRV gain disables).

Oct 25, 2017
Honestly, I would prioritize Arciela over Ceodore. She will have better coverage in terms of roles you're missing, as she covers healing, dispel, and "tank" (she can serve as one with her HP and BRV gain disables).

I also need an Esuna which Ceo has but playing a bit with her she does...a whole hell of a lot. Finally got to 400 tickets, about 300k gems. I actually REALLY want her EX now lol

Septimus Prime

EA
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Esuna is honestly not that important. Most debuffs aren't a huge deal, and there are other ways to circumvent them--such as filling all your buff slots, using someone who gives you immunity (like Aphmau), or even just not giving enemies any turns to land them. It only really comes into play when you encounter an orb that requires you cleanse, which this upcoming Lufenia supposedly has, but as this is a story one, you can always come back when you have someone who can handle it.

Oct 25, 2017
Esuna is honestly not that important. Most debuffs aren't a huge deal, and there are other ways to circumvent them--such as filling all your buff slots, using someone who gives you immunity (like Aphmau), or even just not giving enemies any turns to land them. It only really comes into play when you encounter an orb that requires you cleanse, which this upcoming Lufenia supposedly has, but as this is a story one, you can always come back when you have someone who can handle it.

Good lord the tension!!!

Septimus Prime

EA
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Good lord the tension!!!
I think your resources are at a point where you can safely pull on every banner now.

Here's what I actually do:

1. Set a lower bound for how many tickets you'll have remaining after you're done, and don't go below it.
2. Multi-pull first (I like to do it immediately when the banner goes up, but it's just superstition bias, where I feel like I get better pulls that way) with either free or gems.
3. Use tickets until you either get what you need or hit that lower bound.
4. Recoup your tickets with the event and summon boards for all the banner characters (as they'll have 2x EXP).
5a. If you got what you wanted already, you're done.
5b. Use the tickets you got until you hit your lower bound again.
6. Still don't have what you want? Use gems.

Don't use power stones until you're done pulling, but go ahead and use dupes. I also recommend just holding onto the weapons for the side characters, as you'll have to pull less when those characters come back later.

Using this, I've been getting every character while growing my stash of resources and power stones and not really doing any long-term planning.

Oct 25, 2017
I think your resources are at a point where you can safely pull on every banner now.

Here's what I actually do:

1. Set a lower bound for how many tickets you'll have remaining after you're done, and don't go below it.
2. Multi-pull first (I like to do it immediately when the banner goes up, but it's just superstition bias, where I feel like I get better pulls that way) with either free or gems.
3. Use tickets until you either get what you need or hit that lower bound.
4. Recoup your tickets with the event and summon boards for all the banner characters (as they'll have 2x EXP).
5a. If you got what you wanted already, you're done.
5b. Use the tickets you got until you hit your lower bound again.
6. Still don't have what you want? Use gems.

Don't use power stones until you're done pulling, but go ahead and use dupes. I also recommend just holding onto the weapons for the side characters, as you'll have to pull less when those characters come back later.

Using this, I've been getting every character while growing my stash of resources and power stones and not really doing any long-term planning.

Extremely thorough, thank you lol

Considering I had no plans on pulling on Arci's banner I think I'm going to adjust my ticket thresholds. You're pulling for Ceo aren't you, what is your ticket threshold, if you don't mind me asking haha

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
If anyone wants to know my ticket threshold, it's "whatever I have from recent events until I get frustrated and do a multipull or two"

I don't take my own advice and I'm ashamed of it, but I'm planning on refocusing and getting more disciplined about it once I get back into the game more in the near future.

Septimus Prime

EA
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Extremely thorough, thank you lol

Considering I had no plans on pulling on Arci's banner I think I'm going to adjust my ticket thresholds. You're pulling for Ceo aren't you, what is your ticket threshold, if you don't mind me asking haha
I literally pull for everyone, so yes.

I honestly can't tell you what my threshold is because I don't know how many tickets I have right now. I think it's in the 6-or-7 hundreds range, so I guess my lower bound is 600.

I try to take a lean/agile approach to all things. 😅

Oct 25, 2017
If anyone wants to know my ticket threshold, it's "whatever I have from recent events until I get frustrated and do a multipull or two"

I don't take my own advice and I'm ashamed of it, but I'm planning on refocusing and getting more disciplined about it once I get back into the game more in the near future.
Yeah I can totally vibe with this energy lol Getting stuck in sunk cost fallacy is sooooooooooooooo damn easy in these games, especially when other people are "omg f2p pulled 11 LDs and 16 BTs from the free multi lmao" though fortunately we don't seem to have any of that here XD
I literally pull for everyone, so yes.

I honestly can't tell you what my threshold is because I don't know how many tickets I have right now. I think it's in the 6-or-7 hundreds range, so I guess my lower bound is 600.

I try to take a lean/agile approach to all things. 😅

Good gravy!!

My ticket luck is feast or famine. I get their entire kit and a Range Rover in 40 tickets or nothing in 200 lol Hell I think TheMink said he chased an EX at 900 tickets? lol

Septimus Prime

EA
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
I think all of us have bottomed out before at one time or another. For me, there was a time I had to resort to using Google Play credits to get another 5k gems to pull.

But it speaks to how many resources are available in the game that we recovered and/or were able to do this more than once.

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
If you want to waste your virtual luck, there is a banner simulator on Altema, here's the link to tonight's one https://altema.jp/dffoo/gacha/406
Otherwise there's the list of all banners ever released https://altema.jp/dffoo/gachamemorialhall-2-7012
This is what I used to take a lot at upcoming banners, now I look at the reddit forecast.

One thing about this simulator, it gives a lot of BT and LD lmao, it's the correct rates but I'm never that lucky in game (this time it was OK BT in 20k gems), except one time, I did the single pull on the simulator for Noctis's BT and randomly got it first try once, I boot the game and I managed to get it in 2 tickets. Right after that it took me 300 tickets for Basch EX after getting the LD easily, this game lol

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
I tried it and I got Onion's BT but like barely any of the LD character's weapons, a ton of Cid EX's, and I still had to pity the LD.

So I can safely say it's accurate ; _ ;