ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
Bloodworth You guys reacting to the Pokemon Presents video tomorrow? Will likely be worth it given the anniversary and Diamond/Pearl remake rumors. (I would also assume a deeper look at New Pokemon Snap.)

MangoUltz

"This guy are sick"
Mar 24, 2019
I wasn't too pushed about the Allies doing Pokemon reactions since none of them are super into it, but uh, maybe they should

Oct 25, 2017
Big reveals for sure, but it might be nice to see their reactions without the terrible lag that seems to be happening on the premiere. Hopefully they do some delayed reactions later today.

Mattersnotnow

Jan 15, 2018
Man I know Bosman isn't working with them anymore but if they could collab on Pokemon snap would be great.

Like they could do a weekly series where Ian and Jones play snap, and Bosman reviews and comments on their photos as if he was a professor

Hazz3r

AVALANCHE
Nov 3, 2017
That framerate was rough as hell.

Today combined with the Splatoon 3 announcement last week. I will eat my shoes if we don't have a Switch Pro before the release of Pokemon Legends Arceus. There's just no way in hell they let this go on any longer.

BassForever

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
CT
That framerate was rough as hell.

Today combined with the Splatoon 3 announcement last week. I will eat my shoes if we don't have a Switch Pro before the release of Pokemon Legends Arceus. There's just no way in hell they let this go on any longer.

The "x doesn't look like a switch game it must be switch pro" is reminding me of the weekly discussion each week in the wandavision thread lol.

Sheldon

Oct 27, 2017
Ruhrgebiet, Germany
If not for a poster casually spoiling Legends in the Pokemon Presents thread minutes before the stream started the hype in here and the opening #video #montage would have had me thinking y'all were getting excited for a new Pokemon Pinball.

MangoUltz

"This guy are sick"
Mar 24, 2019
Hopefully they do something later before stream team. Can't wait to see what Kyle thinks of Legends too

Rickenslacker

Oct 25, 2017
Well yeah, it's not finished yet and there'll probably be a Switch Pro by the time it's released so hopefully it gets a lot better, but just going by what they saw fit to show in the presentation I don't recall anything in Sword and Shield pre or post release that looked like a 5 frame animated gif.
That looks like some strange stylization as it's only the Chimchar that's framing about.

Hazz3r

AVALANCHE
Nov 3, 2017
For god's sake. Patreon is doing the thing again. SHOW ME IT IN DOLLARS.

9ab0ee4d066bc52e7626cae975923dbe.png

Servbot24

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
yep, i think it's incredibly fair to expect a developer with decades of experience supporting literally the highest-grossing entertainment franchise of all time to be able to create a polished and exemplary piece of software

BimwHzNl.png
It's just that every Pokémon game I've ever played (I started on DS) has terrible frame rate, and that's with status turn based battles - forget open world in real time!

OP
OP
fireworksordie
May 30, 2018
It's just that every Pokémon game I've ever played (I started on DS) has terrible frame rate, and that's with status turn based battles - forget open world in real time!
for sure- but history of there being issues like that doesn't excuse (per se) future product issues. i think the thing that always surprises me the most is how close Game Freak and Nintendo are, or how reliant Nintendo is on Game Freak's output, and yet it often seems like the games lack an expected (Nintendo-esque) level of polish. that's not to say Nintendo's first party games have always been spotless, but they seem to target and meet a level of technical consistency and polish that the Pokemon games of the last decade haven't.

i think people have understandable expectations that Game Freak should be putting out boundary-pushing software with technical wizardry behind it in the way that Naughty Dog or Insomniac does for Playstation, but other than the extremely early generations it hasn't felt that way.

EDIT: also, for the record- the lazy dev rhetoric is overdone and problematic for many reasons. no one but Game Freak knows what goes on inside and i'm sure they're all passionate and working their butts off. one could even already safely argue that their decision to outsource the development of the D/P remakes shows that they want to ensure that they're not spreading themselves too thin this go-around.

but you can and always should look at their past technical efforts and hope for an evolution (nailed it).

Last edited:

Hazz3r

AVALANCHE
Nov 3, 2017
for sure- but history of there being issues like that doesn't excuse (per se) future product issues. i think the thing that always surprises me the most is how close Game Freak and Nintendo are, or how reliant Nintendo is on Game Freak's output, and yet it often seems like the games lack an expected (Nintendo-esque) level of polish. that's not to say Nintendo's first party games have always been spotless, but they seem to target and meet a level of technical consistency and polish that the Pokemon games of the last decade haven't.

i think people have understandable expectations that Game Freak should be putting out boundary-pushing software with technical wizardry behind it in the way that Naughty Dog or Insomniac does for Playstation, but other than the extremely early generations it hasn't felt that way.
Basically this. It feels like Game Freak and the Pokemon Company don't take any pride in their output. It seems apparent that they're entirely driven by profits.

MrMette

Oct 29, 2017
Belgium
For god's sake. Patreon is doing the thing again. SHOW ME IT IN DOLLARS.

I had this before as well.
You can change the currency (and language) at the bottom of the page on the left, although that means it will change this for every Patreon campaign you are subscribed to. I don't know why they don't give you the option to keep it at the default per campaign.

I hate how most of the big companies think they know their consumer better than the consumer themselves. All my payments on the Microsoft store are in French because I am from Belgium and most companies put French as a default for Belgium (hell, sometimes they don't give you an option to change).

I have set my country to Ireland on my Xbox because otherwise I can't set my language to English. On the Windows store, the headers are in French and some content as well, but other content is in Dutch and there is no way to change this except by changing my country. All my payments on the Microsoft and Xbox store are in French, even though I am looking at the store in the Dutch version.

It's a farce.

Last edited:

Hazz3r

AVALANCHE
Nov 3, 2017
I had this before as well.
You can change the currency (and language) at the bottom of the page on the left, although that means it will change this for every Patreon campaign you are subscribed to.
I don't know why they don't give you the option to keep it at the default per campaign.

I hate how most of the big companies think they know their consumer better than the consumer themselves.
Yep, Patreon Support just told me. Thanks for letting me know though. And yep, I made sure to tell them that I wish they would just let me see each Creator's preference.

Oct 27, 2017
Sounds like Brandon Jones is gonna be participating with the MinnMax Deepest Dive for Batman: Arkham Asylum...like how they got Kyle for Miles Morales haha

Sheldon

Oct 27, 2017
Ruhrgebiet, Germany
The most well-respected Pokemon game of the last 15 years came out on Nintendo DS when the Nintendo 3DS was already more than one year old. And it was buttfugguckly.

That's what I always remind myself of to keep zen about Game Freak's technical capabilities. Well, not the last part. But gamers overrate graphics as a tell-tale sign of overall effort and underestimate which qualities truly make something stick out in memory looking back.

Last edited:

Fnnrqwin

Sep 19, 2019
Every single game in my personal top 10 has absolute ass framerate. This is the best looking Pokémon game in any sense of the word and I don't think I've looked forward to a game this much since Wind Waker.

OP
OP
fireworksordie
May 30, 2018
i mean i'm pretty dang excited, too, no one is trying to damper others' excitement. but those of us that are are allowed to be both excited and concerned

MrMette

Oct 29, 2017
Belgium
I am not all that big into Pokemon compared to a lot of people having only played the first one (in a language I still suck at because the English version was sold out and my sister bought the French version before she bought the English one), Ultra Sun, Pokemon Go (which I still play), Pokemon Let's Go Pikachu and Pokemon Sword. I have also played a bit of Pokemon Snap back in the day and Pokemon Stadium with my sister. That being said, my sister has always been a big fan, so I have heard about and have seen quite a bit of Pokemon stuff over the year, especially when I was younger.

And I honestly believe it is impossible for them to make any Pokemon related game without a big group of fans being either disappointed or pissed off.
That franchise is so big with people in so many age groups and different hopes and dreams for a Pokemon game that it will always be a shitshow in some form or another. I honestly believe that they will never create an other game that will make "the internet" happy.

They might create other good games in the future, but it will always be overshadowed with outrage from a good chunk of fans.
I don't think there is anything they can do about that. That being said, they will keep selling insane amounts of games and merchandise, so I honestly don't think they care at all.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
I'm excited and concerned. I've dabbled in Pokemon, but skipped Sw/Sh because it just looked like more of the same, so I'm stoked to see them really, truly, switch things up. But yeah, it looks rough at this stage. I hope they pull it together.

And the historical setting is super rad. What a cool idea that I'm completely on-board with.

Nov 5, 2017
The most well-respected Pokemon game of the last 15 years came out on Nintendo DS when the Nintendo 3DS was already more than one year old. And it was buttfugguckly.

That's what I always remind myself of to keep zen about Game Freak's technical capabilities. Well, not the last part. But gamers overrate graphics as a tell-tale sign of overall effort and underestimate which qualities truly make something stick out in memory looking back.
Some of the best games ever didn't have the best graphics of its era...well put...sometimes gameplay > graphics....

Sheldon

Oct 27, 2017
Ruhrgebiet, Germany
The only thing I'm excited for is naming my Legends starter ghost archer owl Tootshima. But I'm concerned. Just not about the trees. More things like one settlement plus wild area being slightly expanded expansion pass scope and how much meat is gonna be on those bones.

Irene

Feb 22, 2021
Hey all, this is my first post here! I've been following EZA since the GameTrailers days.

They just keep putting out top-quality content and their reactions are so genuine. I loved the Sephiroth reveal, there's so much pure hype there.

I'm gonna miss The Gen That Was. It has been one of their best shows.

Sheldon

Oct 27, 2017
Ruhrgebiet, Germany
Hey all, this is my first post here! I've been following EZA since the GameTrailers days.

They just keep putting out top-quality content and their reactions are so genuine. I loved the Sephiroth reveal, there's so much pure hype there.

I'm gonna miss The Gen That Was. It has been one of their best shows.

Much love for joining us.

Much respect for facing that TGTW is over, a truth which I myself have not had the strength to acknowledge.

Irene

Feb 22, 2021
Much love for joining us.

Much respect for facing that TGTW is over, a truth which I myself have not had the strength to acknowledge.

It's a hard pill to swallow, for sure.

What's the 5 games that's gonna appear in the 2020 episode? I think The Last of Us Part 2 and HL: Alyx for sure.

I wonder if Cyberpunk will be present, I do believe that. There's a lot to be talked about there.